Brainerd Lakes Officiant Reviews

16 Reviews for Brainerd Lakes Officiant

• Rylie

Rylie Anderson · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Mike Kennedy did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding June 1st! We had spoke on the phone a handful of times to get to know each other and fill out questionnaires to help fool our guests into thinking we have been life long friends, AND IT WORKED! When asked, people were shocked to hear that we had only been in contact for a few months. We had so many compliments on how great of a job Mike did, it's tough to put all your trust into one person on such a big day in your life but he did not disappoint one bit!!
    5 out of 5 stars is NOT enough. 10/5 is more like it.
    Thank you Mike!!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Brainerd Lakes Officiant's reply:

Wow! Thank you Rylie so very much for this wonderful review. I loved working with you and Kyle, you are such a truly great couple!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful Officiant!

Mike was amazing! I picked him because of his reviews and I’m so happy I did! He made our big day really special and did exactly what we wanted. He even had good suggestions for things we were unsure of and a list of stuff we could choose from. Ultimately we picked some of our own personalized things and he was good with that too! His experience was greatly appreciated and he definitely helped making our day great

Sent on 06/05/2019

Brainerd Lakes Officiant's reply:

Thank you Stephanie so much for these wonderfully kind words! I so enjoyed working with the two of you.
  • Jo Ro

Jo Ro · Married on 05/27/2018

Great at communicating

Mike did a wonderful job customizing the ceremony to fit our day. He was quick to communicate throughout the entire process. We had a small, intimate wedding and he adjusted his style to our setting.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Mitch · Married on 09/16/2017

From the first moment we spoke with Mike we loved him. He quickly learned about my wife and I and put together a beautiful ceremony for us. Mike made me feel extremely relaxed and comfortable when we stood together waiting for my beautiful bride. We can't thank Mike enough for his professionalism as well as his well spoken and thoughtful insight! Mike truly stood out as one of our best choices for our wedding. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

Mike is an amazing officiant! My husband and I could notell have asked for a better person to perform our wedding ceremony. We met Mike a couple of weeks before our wedding and immediately knew that we had made the right decision in hiring Mike. He took the time to get to know us and walked us through each step of the ceremony, offering suggestions and taking our ideas. The day of our ceremony Mike took the time to welcome our guests and make them feel as though they were part of the ceremony, not just an observer in the audience. Mike really personalized the ceremony for us and added some humor as well. All of our guests were shocked to know that we had just met Mike a couple of weeks prior to our wedding. They complimented on the personalization of his ceremony, how they felt included, and that it seemed as if we had known Mike prior to our wedding. My husband and I would highly recommend Mike to officiate your ceremony. It was everything we had hoped for and more!!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Kelsey · Married on 09/10/2016

Mike Kennedy, married us September 10th, 2016. He truly made our day special, honestly I've never heard such kind words come from someone's mouth. We had so many people tell us how beautiful, and how wonderful our ceremony was and how great our officiant was, he was so fun to listen to and made people enjoy there time. Ceremony's can be boring, and he made sure it wasn't even close to that. Eric and I are beyond thankful for Mike, and he truly made our Ceremony a dream come true.

Kelsey & Eric Mertens

Sent on 09/15/2016
  • F

Frank · Married on 09/04/2016

My advice for a couple looking to use this vendor is that, let him walk you through his process, he is a professional. He has a great lay out for the ceremony and does a fantastic job of incorporating what you are looking for. He really wants to make your ceremony unique and special to you. He did a great job of making my wife and I feel comfortable and he took the time to get to know about us before he made any decisions. Most officiants we called said, "Here is my rate and we will show up the day of the ceremony." With Mike, he wanted to meet us, ask about who we are and what our relationship is about, and discuss with us what we wanted out of our ceremony. Couldn't recommend him higher. Thanks again Mike!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Jodi · Married on 08/27/2016

My groom and I choose to go with Mike as his brother had used him. Mike did an excellent job of putting our relationship into words for the ceremony. Our vows written by Mike were beautiful and had the audience in tears. He made it easy, fun and really added so much to our day! His wife and him are such great people! There is no one else I'd recommend but Mike!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Patrick · Married on 08/06/2016

We had Mike officiate our wedding on August 6, 2016. Mike was very professional and did an outstanding job. He was easy to work with and had a lot of great ideas as well as the flexibility to personalize our ceremony to meet our expectations. We had many compliments from our guests as to how much they liked Mike's message and style during our ceremony. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • User5198568 · 2+ years ago

Mike was amazing to work with! Responded promptly to any emails and questions we had. He had great resources to help us choose exactly how we wanted our ceremony to go, and also was very flexible with any personalizations we wanted to make. I would recommend him to anyone, he was absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Shane · Married on 07/30/2016

Mike Kennedy put us at ease the moment we made telephone contact with him, after finding him on-line. He was very professional, and well organized. Speaking with him was fun and enlightening. Mike definitely kept us on task and kept in constant communication wish us. I knew everything was going to be perfect the moment we met with him in person. We were excited to hear what he was going to bring to the ceremony. His background in public speaking definitely shown through. We intently listened to every word he spoke during the ceremony. Our guests learned about us, how we met, and what exactly brought all of us together for that fabulous event. Our guests, to this day, keep talking about how nice and remarkable the ceremony was.

Mike even followed up with us after the ceremony. He's an outstanding individual that we'll remember and have him as a part of our relationship for as long as we live. We really can't say enough about him.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Ronda · Married on 07/29/2016

We chose Mike Kennedy to officiate our wedding on 7/29/16. He was fantastic!
    I chose him after reading about all of his experience, and seeing he was recommended by many resorts in the Brainerd lakes area. When major resorts make a recommendation, I listen! I'm so glad I did!
    He is a quick responder. We exchanged emails and then chatted on the phone, and met in person a while before the wedding to finalize the details. He is well organized and made choosing details for my ceremony SO EASY. He has been doing this a long time and he knows what works. I loved how simple it was to make some choices and in doing so, I was customizing my ceremony to best represent my relationship. Brilliant yet simple...I didn't get overwhelmed, and I KNEW it was going to be great. I custized our vows myself, and it was simply perfect.
    He delivered an exceptionally well transitioned ceremony, which was important to me. Our little ceremony by the lake flowed seamlessly, from start to finish. Also, Mike has a great voice for this job, and he was dressed impeccably for his role.
    Overall, I'm so happy we chose him to officiate our wedding. I will always remember my wedding day!
    One last thought; when you hire Mike, he'll have you fill out a getting to know you questionnaire. My advice is; do a thorough job and use plenty of details. I spent plenty of time making sure my answers were worded nicely. Mike wove a lot of those details into our ceremony which thrilled me! It was what made the ceremony simply over the top wonderful.
    Omg I just teared up thinking about it!!!
    Hire him you'll thank me later :-)
    Sincerely, Ronda & Steve

Sent on 08/03/2016

meagan · Married on 07/23/2016

Perfect! Mike customized our ceremony to make it personal. We had so many of our guests comment that this was truly a beautiful ceremony and were so impressed with Mike. Being we were don't live in the Brainerd Lakes area we had a lot of emails being sent, phone calls made and a few in person meetings. We would highly recommend Mike as helped makee our big day extra special and as smooth as possible! Once again Thank you so much Mike it was perfect!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Mark · Married on 07/16/2016

Mike did an absolute fantastic job being our wedding officiant. Mike really cared about making our day personal by including important details we shared with him while planning over the phone and also meeting in person.
    He did such a fantastic job sharing our story through his message and we had several compliments on it from our friends and family. Many of our guests and family actually asked how Mike knew us because of the detail he shared throughout our wedding. In the Brainerd lakes area, there are other options but I would say without a doubt choosing Mike to do our ceremony was one of the best decisions we made. He put my wife at ease and made our day shine. It truly was the best day of our lives and we can't thank you enough for helping make it so special. Thanks again Mike!

Mark and Steph

Sent on 08/08/2016

Mike · Married on 07/09/2016

Mike did a great job with our service. We really felt he added to our day @ Grand View Lodge. He did his homework ahead of time, asked about us and worked it all into a terrific ceremony. He was easy to deal with, friendly and open to our ideas.
    *** HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ***

Sent on 08/01/2016

Brainerd Lakes Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much Mike for all the kind words!

Tani · Married on 06/25/2016

AMAZING! Mike customized our ceremony and incorporated aspects of our relationship to make it personal, engaging, and so very us (nothing canned or scripted). We had so many of our guests comment that this was truly a beautiful ceremony and were so impressed with Mike (even those guests who aren't religious) and how he weaved the readings, messages, etc into the ceremony. We had several calls and in-person meetings along with great communication and follow-up to ensure our day went off without at hitch!! We couldn't have asked for a better officiant for our big day! IWe would HIGHLY recommend Mike is you're looking for an officiant for your big day! Thanks Mike - it was a ceremony we will never forget!

Sincerely,