Braehead Manor Bed and Breakfast Reviews

7 | Fredericksburg, VA

7 Reviews for Braehead Manor Bed and Breakfast

7 Braehead Manor Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Nancy · Married on 08/26/2017

Wow! What an amazing and memorable wedding weekend we had for our daughter's wedding at Braehead! From the first time we stepped foot on the property to the minute we left we were treated like royalty! The wedding coordinator, Deb Johnson, was amazing and worked diligently with us to make sure that every detail was thought of before the wedding weekend! When we arrived on Friday, we were greeted by both Deb and Mary, the innkeeper to help us unload and welcome us to our home for the weekend! As the mother of the bride, they took care of everything for the wedding so that I could be with my daughter on her special day and not have to worry about decorating or dealing with vendors! The most relaxed wedding party I have ever been around! The perfect wedding for our daughter!

DeLane · Married on 05/27/2017

This was the nicest and most beautiful venue we could have ever chosen for our Southern classic wedding reception. To have the venue for the entire weekend was fabulous and the Groom's parents opted to use it on Friday night for the Rehearsal Dinner and Toast. As the MOB, working the Deborah, the Events Coordinator, and Mary, the Innkeeper was absolutely wonderful. They went above and beyond to make our weekend absolutely spectacular! The week prior to the wedding, they were calming ME down reminding me that we truly had taken care of everything, and I just needed to relax and enjoy the days. Deborah even went so far as to find the Bride's flat sandals in the house, bring them to her and put them on her very tired feet. I cannot even imagine having our wedding anywhere else. Thank you so much.

Alexandra · Married on 04/08/2017

If you are thinking of having a wedding near downtown Fredericksburg this is the place. You are allowed to have the whole house from Friday at noon to Sunday at noon. This is so nice if you have out of town guests or want to have your bridal party stay with you. Mary the innkeeper was amazing, she made us excellent breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. She also helped with the setup and takedown of the venue and She was more than helpful when it came to getting things taken care of. Another gem in this process was Deborah. She helped us from start to finish. She made sure we were totally ready to roll day of and also decorated for us the day of. I can’t say enough about this amazing historic home and the amazing staff.

Teresa · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved this venue! We got the venue for the entire weekend (it's a bed and breakfast as well) which was awesome. The parents and our kids all got to spend the night and wake up to a fabulous breakfast made by Mary the inn keeper. When you book this for a wedding you get Deb the event planner included in the package. She was so helpful with planning our wedding, calling vendors to make sure everything was good to go, setting up the decorations and event space. And on the day of our wedding when it rained cats and dogs, Mary and Deb were running around making sure I didn't get wet, the guests were comfortable, and everything was ready. Even with the rain the day was perfect. Mary was awesome, especially during the wedding making sure everyone had drinks and fixing the bustle on my dress. In addition to all this, the venue is beautiful and my husband and I loved it!

Jenny · Married on 08/06/2016

Absolutely in love with Braehead Manor. The property is gorgeous with tons of green trees that surround the historical red brick building. We had the venue for 48 hours for our August 6th Wedding. Starting from noon on Friday to noon on Sunday the entire property was ours to decorate as we saw fit. We had our rehearsal dinner there as well as the reception and hearing the gasps as guests walked up to the venue in awe was probably my favorite part. The night before the wedding the bridesmaids and I had the entire place to ourselves to enjoy and have a mini party before bed. In the morning we were served breakfast of pancakes and fruit that just looked great. Our wedding planner who was part of the venue and the Innkeeper did such a great job with keeping our wedding a float. They were always on top of everything and made sure that if it needed to be done that it was done. I absolutely love the place and plan on coming back in the future for anniversaries.

Megan · Married on 10/17/2015

My name is Megan Ross and I had my wedding on October 17, 2015 at Braehead. This venue was by far one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. The atmosphere was very relaxed and full of history, which my fiancé took full advantage of. The manor is breathtaking from the inside to the outside and I can't wait to revisit for our anniversary. We got married under this beautiful oak tree where Robert E. Lee actually tied his horse to during the civil war. It was perfect. The innkeepers were amazing and friendly and made sure everything looked perfect. They were great to work with. The planner Deb Johnson made my day a breeze. Everything was timed perfectly and looked exactly how I envisioned. My day couldn't have been anymore perfect and I owe it all to these wonderful people and this wonderful venue. I couldn't be happier and highly recommend it.

3.8
      3.5

When planning my wedding, I wanted to get married at my childhood home but it was too far away from any hotels. So instead, I searched for something with meaning for my husband or me, affordable, and near town. I was so happy when we found Braehead Manor. It reminded me of my childhood home and the venue and grounds are beautiful. Mary Windsor, the innkeeper, was very helpful. We spent the whole weekend at Braehead Manor and used it for the rehearsal dinner Friday; wedding prep, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception on Saturday; and had a celebration brunch Sunday morning. Mary Windsor made a delicious breakfast for those of us that stayed the night Friday night. We felt at home the whole time and the staff was attentive to us, our guests, and the other vendors. They do have a wedding coordinator, Deborah, but I had hired my own before I booked the venue so I did most of my items through my own but other brides told me she was very helpful to them. I love that we can always go back to Braehead Manor for a night or weekend to celebrate our anniversary.