Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal Boutique Reviews

131 | Las Vegas, NV

131 Reviews for Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal Boutique

Jessi · Married on 07/29/2017

I purchased my dress from Bowties Bridal in Las Vegas. My dress was stunning and I got so many compliments on how beautiful it was. The alterations were on the expensive side, but they came out great and my dress fit perfectly. I would recommend Bowties Bridal to any bride!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Jessie for taking the time to share about your experiance @Bowties. We would love to see your photos on all of our social media @BOWTIESBRIDAL.

Everyone was very friendly and made the experience enjoyable. There were some issues with the dress and then payment issues, but they fixed everything kindly and quickly.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Alissa · Married on 08/16/2013

I bought my wedding dress from Bowties Bridal Boutique. I was originally looking for a thin, lace backless dress and i ended up with my dream dress, which was completely different from what i had thought i wanted. The sales associate said to me, why don't we look at some princess dresses and I'm so glad that she did. The fitting was fast, easy and they were very accommodating. I added applique to the dress and the designer helped me place them beautifully. I got my dress 50% off. It was 800$ and it looked like it cost upwards of 3 000. Very good pricing and exceptional service. The only thing i wished was that they had fitting appointments more than 2 days a week. But we were able to make it work.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Alisa for taking the time to share your experience at our store with other brides. We understand that everyone's schedule is hectic so per your advice we did add 3 more days for our dressmakers to help other brides.

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2012

The ladies at Bowties are wonderful. They know what they are doing & made picking my dress a fun experience. I love my dress & wish I could wear it all the time!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Jessica so Much for reviewing our store. It was such a pleasure working with you as well. Plesase send us your picture so we can post it in our store.

Andrea · Married on 08/09/2014

3.5

Everyone at Bowties is very friendly and welcoming. Lucette is so kind and extremely patient. Alterations are quite expensive, but done well. The only issue I had was my bustle did break. I would recommend Bowties to brides looking for their dream dress.

Sent on 09/20/2014
  • Cadie

Cadie · Married on 01/14/2017

I found my perfect dress here! It's the dress of my dreams! I found out after this happened that they had to beg the designer to make my dress the way I requested, and were able to get them to make it for me. That could have been a disaster but Bowties had my best interest in mind and went to bat for me to make sure it was perfect! Alterations were perfect as well! The dressmaker has an eye for design and made my dress into what I dreamed of. My husband was blown away by my dress! He loved it! I felt absolutely beautiful in my dress! Of course I wish it was much more affordable but what choice do we have when it comes to the right dress?! I think I was most shocked by the cost of alterations. I had a lot of alterations, so my alterations bill was the same as the price of the dress, pretty much doubling my expense for my dress! Ouch! Ultimately, it was worth it because I got my dream dress. And working with Bowties was easy, I felt confident with them, and they treated me well from the first minute I entered their store.

Sent on 02/06/2017

Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Cadie for such kind words. We appreciate it. Be sure to send us your photos so we can see how stunning you looked on the wedding Day. It was our pleasure working with you.

I found that this store really had alot of styles and prices for every type of bride. They had a large selection of popular designers and I found my dress on the first visit. The only thing I would say negative is that they can be a little pushy. No one likes to feel pressured when purchasing a dress, and sometimes their comments can be a bit much. But overall, I am happy that I purchased my dress here.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Brittney · Married on 06/15/2013

My experience at Bowties was perfect! The staff was so helpful, knowledgeable and kind. When I tried on my dress, they made sure every inch of that dress was the way I wanted. The alters they did were insanely beautiful and I can not wait to show it off next weekend. They have the best intentions when it comes to how the Bride should look in their gown and they make sure you are 100% satisfied with it or they will help come up with a solution (mine being a built in bra). I can not express how much I appreciate the staff for all they have done for me. BOWTIES ROCKS!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Hi Britney,
    Thank you for such an awesome review. Thank you so much for allowing us be a part of your wedding dress shopping and custom alterations. We can not wait to see your wedding pictures next week. Be sure to post them on our F/B.

Amanda · Married on 06/15/2013

3.5

I am so HAPPY and BLESSED for finding this shop to purchase my wedding dress at. Not only were the girls helpful, but they also are very knowledgeable about wedding dresses and designers. I was so pleased to get Laurie to help me with finding me perfect dress. Not only did she nail it, but it was on sale at a price in my range! I got a $700 discount on my dress! It was so perfect! The only frustration I had was that I felt my dress was ordered in too big of a size. I lost a lot of weight before the big day and felt that it could have fit me better up top. The lady that does the alterations is freindly, but I wish she would have been better at giving suggestions on what to do to make my dress fit better.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank You Amamda, for taking the time to write a review on our store. We truly appreciate it.

Summer · Married on 05/11/2013

I was having a hard time finding a beautiful belt to go on my wedding dress. I tried on a number of dresses here and noticed that they had a large selection of accessories as well as dresses. Although I ended up purchasing my dress at another store, I did return to buy my crystal sash here at Bowties. They have very professional service and are very helpful. The dress selection is easily the best in Vegas. I plan on bringing my friend here to shop for her dress in the near future. This store has everything!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Roseann · Married on 03/02/2013

All the Men looked Amazing!!! Price is very reasonable.

Sent on 03/30/2013
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 05/31/2019

Princess Shopping Experience

When we were trying to find "the one," Bowtie's treated us like royalty. I received the full bridal treatment and felt so comfortable and welcomed. All your dreams and expectations dress shopping will be exceeded here. They even stayed within budget and never pushed us outside our comfort zone. The alternations lady is very talented and did an excellent job with all the tailoring. However, if you have questions (like we did about bustling the dress) she will talk over you and become quite impatient. Not many people have bustled a wedding dress before, and she was not a patient teacher. She would often push my bridesmaids aside and say "watch, it's easy." At the last fitting, we were finally stern with her and said "stop butting in and let us try." When we had question or extra alternation or concerns, they were very offended and became a little stand offish. BUT at the wedding, after all said and done, the dress fit perfectly and the bustle never came undone. I am so glad I went there and my dress was BEYOND PERFECT. Thank you for giving me the dress of my dreams.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Hello Erin,
    Thank you for choosing our store for your wedding dress. We do strive to make each bride supper happy . I have addressed the issue you had with our dressmaker. I am so happy your alterations were flawless. Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience.
    Best Wishes
    Evana

3.0

Loved the free suit my fiance wore for the wedding. Best part is i won it at the bridal show. They have a lot of different options

Sent on 10/07/2017

Travis · Married on 05/25/2013

3.5

From my wife: "I just got married last year. I bought my dress in December 2012 and Bowties Bridal was great from the beginning, especially the seamstress Lucette. She and I both speak French and we had an instant connection. She was so sweet and hard-working throughout the whole process. I had 3 alterations appointments, and every time, she made sure I was fully happy with the results. Lucette is simply the sweetest lady ever.
    I knocked out a star because I bought almost everything at Bowties Bridal (almost $2500 worth of items which included the dress, hair accessories, veil, corset) and I would have liked to have gotten some sort of discount. Something like throwing in the veil for free. Besides this little detail, I highly recommend Bowties Bridal!"

Sent on 06/01/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/05/2011

3.5

I’m pretty sure I’ve been to every wedding dress shop in the Las Vegas metro area, and this shop is by far one of the best! My shopping and fittings were enjoyable to go to as the service attendants were helpful, nice and attentive. The place is clean, has proper lighting and you don’t have sticker shock when you walk through the door! The alterations lady appeared very knowledge; she did a fantastic job on my bustle!! Although, the hem was way too long, it was perfect when I stood on the flat service in the shop but I told them that I had an outside wedding on grass. I don’t feel that they took that into consideration with the length of my hem because as I walked down the aisle my dress began to bunch up underneath me because it was too long and I almost tripped! Overall my experience was good, but I was quite upset that the hem was still incorrect after a few hundred dollars of alterations.

Sent on 09/12/2011
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2011

4.2

I decided to go to this shop because it was near my mom's house & had Allure Bridals dresses. You need to have an appointment because they only have a couple of fitting rooms. Unfortunately they did not have the particular style I wanted to try on, but I found another I liked. She found me a dress that was very flattering, but did not fit my style. I tried on about 20 dresses, but ended up going with the first one. I appreciated that they did not rush me when I went over the time limit, and that they let me take pictures. However, when I picked up the dress, it was really wrinkled, and there were threads coming out of it. I called them and they said, "I know they are not major problems, but why is the dress in this state?" They said that is just how they come, and it will be taken care of in alterations. I ended up taking my dress somewhere else for alterations. One, because of their response to my call, and two, because their shop is far from me so I would need to schedule Saturday appointments, and those were harder to come by.

Sent on 06/07/2011

4.2

Found my perfect wedding dress at Bowties Bridal and at a great price. When ordering my gown, the associate working with me wanted to order a size down from what I tried on as it was a little loose; however, the owner convinced her and I to order the larger size I tried on as the smaller size would be too tight. When the dress came in, it was too big and resulted in over $600 in alterations, nearly the cost of the dress to begin with. Lucette who did the alterations was great, I just wish the shop would have had me order the smaller size so I could have saved on alterations. Customer service was good, but not over-the-top amazing as I would have expected. Overall, I was happy with my experience (just a little bitter about the price of all the alterations).

Sent on 05/04/2015

Dear Bride,
    Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Please be advises that lucette's alteration prices very depending on the fabric, beading and the amount of layers that need to be worked on. You are more than welcome to contact us directly so we can go over the pricing of your alterations .

Karla · Married on 07/04/2010

3.0

They are great. You can privately shop with no pressure. Seamstress is great. small busy shop very few sales reps to help you. Only down sides are seamstress are there only 2 days a week. They are on the expensive side.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Hello Karla,
    We wanted to thank you for your review. We do treasure our brides feedback. We now do have the 3 dressmakers 5 days a week.

Very nice people. Easy to work with

Sent on 11/30/2015

Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Private user for taking the time to review us. Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for choosing Bowties Bridal as your wedding dress store.

Angie · Married on 05/04/2018

3.6
      3.0

i bought my wedding dress from bowties. they ordered me a size "smaller" because i said was going to lose weight. they told me i would have to lose 5 inches to fit into it. well i lose 4 inches, went to try on the dress, and i was swimming in it. They quickly assured me that the dress would fit after alteration. It did but not like it should've. Alterations still costed me $600 although they gave me a "discount" to have waist taken in. I spent about $2000 here and sometimes think my dress could've looked better on me.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Hi Angie
    Thank you for your feedback. Would love to see your photos.

sequoia · Married on 09/21/2013

3.4
      0.0

I got my wedding dress here and it was such a pleasure working with them I choose 13 dresses and my consultant there was able to narrow it down to 5 out of that 5 she pizked the first dress for me to try on and that was it. I know that was my dress I felt so special and perfect I found bowties and only has to try on one dress great job.
    Love sequoia

Sent on 10/26/2013

Hello Sequoia,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a good review. I would love for you to send us a picture of your wedding day. You looked absolutely stunning in your gown.
    I have noticed you forgot to give us any stars for value and flexibility would you please do so. Thank you so much and by the way do not forget to bring your gown in so we can preserve it for you.

3.2
      3.0

Was measured one size and they ordered a size larger, which resulted in major alterations. The alterations totaled half the price of the gown, which was an incredible shock. The bustle was also a lot of extra money which I had not planned on (and wasn't explained to me at the fitting).

Trying to combat this extra price, they told me they would give me the slip to rent, free of charge. However, when they handed it to my mother-in-law, it was filthy. As if another bride had used it and it had never been cleaned. So, she had to bring it home and wash it herself.

My husband was told his tuxedo rental would be free because I purchased my dress there. However, when we went over to the Tuxedo portion of the business, the guy told him it would not be free. After some discussion, he eventually gave it to us free of rent, which was very professional of him, considering that is what we were told.

I certainly loved my dress. However, wasn't thrilled with the process in purchasing it and all of the costs that were not explained to me up-front.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Bowties Tuxedo and Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you Anonymous for taking the time to write us a review , We'll be sure to keep that in mind moving forward -- we want everyone to leave with nothing less than perfect memories!

2.5
      2.5

I had a great time picking out my dress the girls working there made it a fun experience. I was very surprised by the costs of alterations. Most wedding planning books said to expect to spend 1/3 of the cost of the dress on alterations. I spent half the cost of the dress for a hem, bustle, and cups. The cups were not sewn into the dress and were only stitched on at one point I was waiting for the cups to fall out at any moment. I scheduled a time to have my dress steamed and arrived for the appointment to have no one available to steam it for me. The girls working that day did make sure it got steamed but it was an unnecessary hassle that I would have liked to avoid before the wedding

Sent on 02/16/2013

Stephanie · Married on 02/18/2012

2.8
      1.0
      3.0

I was very dissapointed with the serviced here. They were waaay over priced and very pushy. I paid $135 for a bussel that broke half way through my reception and i had to carry my train around the entire night and the bottom of it was completely black by the time i took it off. The alterations on the bridesmaids dresses also ended up costing more than the dresses themselves which were already expensive. I definitely do not plan on going back to them for anything..... the Tux shop was amazing though and they were so nice and very proffesional

Sent on 03/29/2012

2.0

This was the second dress shop I went to for my wedding dress. They were always very quick to answer my emails, but when I arrived for my fitting they had forgotten to write it in the appointment book, even though I had an email confirmation for the date and time of my appointment. They did have a wonderful selection, but the young lady helping me never asked what my budget was, even when I mentioned (several times) that I was on a tight budget. She kept forgetting what type of dress I was requesting, but her suggestions were very good ones. I tried on a couple of dresses that she suggested, but I didn't think I'd like and they were absolutely gorgeous when I tried them on. And I found the dress of my dreams -- for about 3 times my budget! It was heartbreaking to say no. Everyone there was very friendly, but the two things a salesman should always ask are: "What are you looking for?" and "How much do you want to spend?" She forgot the answer to the first one and never asked the second. Highly disappointed.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Hello Private User,
    Our number one priority is to make sure you feel beautiful and happy walking down the aisle in your wedding gown. As you have noticed all of our gowns have 8x10 pictures with a price , size , and style on it. I am happy the consultant was able to find you gown you loved, but I am sorry they were out of the budget. Perhaps I can recommend our 5900 W Charleston location where the gowns are much less expensive. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be glad to help you find a gown you love in your price range. Once again thank you for your feedback and congratulations on your engagement.