Botticelli, Generous Clothing for the Curvaceous Woman Reviews

48 | Providence, RI

48 Reviews for Botticelli, Generous Clothing for the Curvaceous Woman

Cindy · Married on 11/07/2015

I have been shopping an Botticelli for several years. When I became engaged, Jan was one of the people I immediately thought to share my news with. I knew she would find me a dress that was 100% "me". We made an appointment. I had been looking at dresses online and at a wedding expo. I had an idea of what I liked but was sure that style wouldn't be flattering. I had a blast trying on dresses and have to admit I enjoyed being the center of attention in shop on a busy Saturday afternoon. Jan brought out some great options and I was pleasantly surprised to find that a few styles looked really good! I did not expect shopping for a wedding gown to be an affirming life moment and make me feel really good about the image in the mirror - but it WAS!
    Thanks Jan!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Absolutely amazing service. My first visit to try on dresses had to get rescheduled several times due to a snowstorm, and Jan worked with me to make sure that I was still able to go in and try on dresses with a friend from out of town. Jan really listens to what you want and what your style is, and she had pre-selected some gowns for me to try on before my first visit. I tried on many beautiful dresses in a bunch of different styles, and I found one that I fell in love with. I went back recently to try on dresses again after going to some other bridal shops, and none of them even came close to the level of service that Jan provided at Botticelli. When you're there, you are the main focus (there is only one bride in the store at a time), and Jan will really work with you and offer suggestions to help you find the perfect dress. I tried on some new dresses, and then I tried on the original dress that I fell in love with and wound up buying it along with a veil. The prices are completely reasonable...my original budget was $1500 and I got both my dress and the veil for a little bit more than that after taxes were factored in. I was nervous about wedding dress shopping and finding the right gown, but Jan took all the worry out and made it so easy (and all the dresses looked amazing on me!). I would recommend this shop to any and all plus-size brides out there who are looking for the perfect dress.

Sent on 03/09/2014

Holly · Married on 09/20/2014

Jan is extremely knowledgable about her stock and ahat would look good on different body types. The first wedding dress she picked ended up being the one for me! She truly made the process enjoyable even though i was completely stressed out. Thanks so much for all your help!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Michele · Married on 08/01/2014

I have been going to Botticelli for 10 years and have always thought Jan was terrific. I went to see Jan for my very first wedding dress shopping experience and honestly, I am SO glad I didn't try to go anywhere else first. Jan knows my style, but still took the time to talk to me about the wedding, the venue, the feel and how I wanted to look on this very special day. I thought I wanted more of an evening gown and Jan asked if I still wanted to try on traditional wedding dresses. I was game for anything!

Jan told me that she woke up super early thinking of our appointment and had some dresses in mind (typical Jan - have to LOVE that about someone you are entrusting your special day to)!

Of course I had an amazing experience and had to make the tough choice between dress #1 and dress #3. Jan gave me a vision and we went with it and I fell in love with the dress I ended up buying.

I honestly could not have asked for a better experience. I hope that all of the rest of my wedding planning goes as smoothly!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Karen · Married on 05/17/2014

I had been putting off buying my wedding dress for weeks because I am a plus size bride. I had gone to a few places feeling a little sad as my options were very small. I made an appointment and they got me in the next day- The owner Jan, took the time to get to know me, my fiancé and my venue. I have never felt like a beautiful woman- but she made me feel like a beautiful, pretty bride and she let me see that I had several options without any pressure. I was never nervous and felt completely at ease the entire time. I had sleeve/jacket options, veil options and hair accessories all at my finger tips. It was worth the commute to get quality fashion but the best customer service you will ever find!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Jamie · event on 04/01/2014

Jan is amazing. Being a plus size woman in corporate America is not easy. I had to go to our annual gala and awards ceremony. I needed classy sexy and feel good all in one! I went to party dress express and I could barely try on anything. I went to see jam and walked out with the perfect dress with minimal alterations! A true miracle. Jan gets it!!! My second time needing to buy formal and she won my business forever!!!

Sent on 04/24/2014
  • kellie

kellie · Married on 03/29/2014

If you’re a plus size bride like me I’m sure you’ve watched countless hours of Say Yes to the Dress and every other bridal show there is. How many of you also thought, I am going to be one of those crying in the mirrors because nothing will fit and I’ll have to imagine what it looks like in “my size” after special ordering.. Yup.. I was one of those brides. I put off looking for my dress I think because of this, but it was time. My future SIL recommended a “boutique” type of store in RI to get my wedding gown and I thought seriously? She assured me they had designer gowns for every type of wedding and budget and to trust her, so I did. My very first store, and my last. Jan was professional yet warm and put me at ease before I even put on the first dress. I brought in pictures of the types of dresses I liked, told her what kind of wedding I was having and we got started. Yes, I did in fact buy the first dress I put on, but only after trying several more AND LOVING EVERY MOMENT OF IT. She brought out styles that I just knew would look horrible on me and they actually looked great. She can read a body type and put you in the most flattering styles. Trust her. I would and in fact have recommended her store to everyone that has asked “did you get your dress yet?”. I can’t wait to go pick it up and show it to my bridal party.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Jan · Married on 03/09/2014

I had always wanted to visit Jan's shop, so on a trip to RI, we stopped in. I was welcomed very warmly and purchased a few items. I will be going back as my daughter is getting married and cannot find a mother of the bride dress. Her shop is wonderful and she has a very high quality stock.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Brenda · event on 11/17/2013

When I was invited to speak at an event in New Orleans I needed the IMPOSSIBLE to find attire - something dressy enough to convey some authority, "fun" enough to connect with the audience of art business owners, something flexible enough for maybe cool, maybe hot environment and something to fit my plus size shape. Like I said "impossible", right? NOT at Botticelli! Instead of having to take what fit, I had so many options I was almost overwhelmed! And not having had a history of having so many options, it was difficult for me to accurately assess what looked best. Jan, the owner, gave me her laser focus and insanely accurate intuition and had me looking FABULOUS in no time.

Botticelli is now my FIRST stop when I need anything - casual, formal, corporate, fun - and the bra fitting I got when there was life changing. Jan makes you feel like you are her only customer and the other ladies in the store are so friendly and helpful. And a bonus? You won't break the bank! Botticelli's prices are almost always BETTER than the large department stores and the items are far better fitting and beautifully made.

You will wonder where they've been all your life.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Bri · Married on 11/09/2013

This is the place to go for the plus size bride. The owner Jan gives you all her personal attention during your consultation. Being able to try on sample dresses that actually fit is a luxury rarely found in a standard bridal shop. Jan truly understands how to flatter different body types and won't just try to cover you all up. I felt like an Amazon queen on my wedding day in a dress that was made for my body and a gorgeous veil that brought the romantic touch I was looking for. They do not do alterations, but she can suggest someone in your area. This place is a one of a kind experience for curvy ladies!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Anna · Married on 10/20/2013

I was 1 month out from my wedding and in typical bride style had delusionally kept thinking, "I'll lose weight" before settling on a dress. Panicked at the realization that I was likely going to have to wear a sheet for my big day I wrote Janet. She responded immediately and the next morning I was leaving her shop with the perfect dress. A few alterations later and I looked exactly like I had imagined I would on my wedding day.

Sent on 03/01/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/19/2013

I really can't say enough about Jan and everyone at Botticelli. I was very worried about trying on wedding dresses, but Jan made it such a fun and comfortable experience. I went back a few times and finally find the perfect dress. She is amazing and I hope that every plus size bride goes to see her. You will never regret it. Just fantastic!!

Sent on 10/30/2013
  • little miss hostess

Carla · Married on 10/05/2013

Jan is just amazing! From the minute I walked in the door and she picked THE dress on the first try (yes literally first dress I put on!!!!) to when I was getting compliments from all my friends and family at my wedding saying that the dress was just PERFECT! Being a plus size bride can be hard but Jan doesn't make you feel anything but fabulous - she knows how to make all sizes look their best and has all the right accessories to give you the exact look you want. She helped me find a dress that was amazing and then make it my own with added sleeves (which I ended up wearing off the shoulder for a sexy fun look). I like outside NYC and drove to RI just to get my dress from Jan because she is that good!!!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Kristen · Married on 10/05/2013

Jan and her girls are the best. They make all the curvy brides feel beautiful and special. Jan takes the time to figure out exactly what you are looking for (it's also okay if you don't know), and brings out the most beautiful dresses. I had gone to David's Bridal before meeting Jan, and the experience was night and day. Jan books one bride at a time and focuses all her attention on you. She sells gorgeous affordable designer dresses. As a bigger bride I didn't know I would find the "it" dress, I just assumed I would find an okay dress for the day. I WAS WRONG! Not only did I find the dress, but Jan also helped me order extra material to have sleeves made. This was so much better than having to wear a jacket to cover up my insecurities. On my wedding day I felt glamorous and I was definitely glowing. Jan also fitted me for the proper size bra, and sells a nice selection of larger cup sizes at the store. Thank you Jan, without you I would have settled for mediocrity and not felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Susan · Married on 09/22/2013

You will not find another shop more dedicated to brides of all sizes! Her prices are reasonable and her service is exceptional. I bought a Sophia Tolli from her and could not have been happier! I drove from northern Mass to buy my dress there and it was worth every minute!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Abby · Married on 09/07/2013

My wedding is on 10/19/14, and I went into Botticelli's 9/7/13 for my very first dress shopping experience. Jan is so incredibly amazing! She sat me down for about five minutes, looking at pictures I brought with me of what I was envisioning for my wedding and then the dress picking began! She was so incredibly patient and understanding- I was very nervous that I wouldn't be able to find the right dress up until Jan started picking the dresses for me. I tried on about six dresses, and loved every single one! I finally decided on which dress was the one and left a very very happy bride! I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life. Jan did such a great job complementing the dress with a veil and head piece. The coloring of everything worked so well with my hair and skin tone. I would most definitely recommend Botticellis to all of my friends getting married in the future, thank you Jan!!!!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/17/2013

The owner is Jan - and she is AMAZING! I had been to David's Bridal & Vows Outlet and had found a few dresses I thought I loved. However, when I got there Jan asked me questions, got to know me a little bit, and then she went to work! It was like she was a mind reader - Dress after dress was BEAUTIFUL - I could have worn any one she chose! She really listened to what I liked/didn't, and I fell in love every time I walked out of the dressing room. It made the decision making tough, but I did find my dress here, and I would not have wanted to take my business anywhere else! Not one time did I feel pressured to make a decision right then and there - She walked me thru alterations options, gave me a list of alterations places in my area. My mom & I even got bra fittings ... PHENOMENAL! We will more than likely be back to check out mother of the bride/groom gowns, and DEFINITELY more bras!!! Thanks again <3

Sent on 03/08/2013

Heidi · Married on 08/11/2013

Jan...I love my dress and you were awesome! You made me feel so comfortable in your store when trying on dresses. You were a help in making my day so much more enjoyable!

Sent on 09/20/2013
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/26/2013

I will recommend Botticelli's over and over again. One my very first visit, I called a friend who was also getting married and told her she needed to go to Botticelli's. And this was before I even purchased my dress. The service was outstanding, the way the dresses complimented my body figure as a plus-sized curvy woman, and the appointment was truly all about me. There weren't 50 other brides trying on dresses at the time and I really appreciated that. It was also extremely affordable! There was an instant connection, the staff made you feel comfortable, and they were supportive. Needless to say, my girlfriend and I both got our dresses from there and we looked absolutely flawless on our special day!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Melanie · Married on 05/26/2013

Jan was wonderful ! She had a large selection of dresses for me to chose from and was helpful in suggesting ideas for other areas of our wedding. I loved the one on one attention . I have a close girlfriend who will be getting married in the near future and I already know she will be going to Botticellis for her dress...<3

Sent on 02/27/2014
  • Sheree

Sheree · Married on 05/25/2013

If you are a plus size bride and you are tired of going to this little shops where you have to put the dress up to you and imagine what your dream dress will look like....Botticelli's is the place for you. Jane is wonderful and full of energy. She is willing to help you to find your dream dress in your size.

Sent on 05/08/2013
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 10/31/2012

I found my wedding dress at Botticelli. It was the best experience I've ever had shopping. The staff was very helpful and very nice. My fiance and I loved our experience at Botticelli and we are looking forward to working with Botticelli again :D.

Sent on 05/23/2012

Melissa · Married on 08/04/2012

Found my perfect dress. The manager was great and made me feel like a princess!

Sent on 09/26/2012
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 06/22/2012

From the moment I walked into Botticelli, I felt great about. Jan, the owner, the owner warmly greeted me, my mother, and my sisters. She seated my family and then asked me questions about the overall style of my wedding, what I was hoping for, and pictures. I was pretty stressed because I was afraid I wouldn't fit into the sample or get a good idea of what my dress would actually look like, but from the first dress I put on that fear dissipated. Jan knew exactly what I was looking for and it only took 5 dresses before I found my dress! It is absolutely perfect and I am ecstatic! The price was right on point as well! Even more importantly, there was never a pressure to buy or find a dress, which was so wonderful! I would highly recommend Botticelli to any woman who is looking for an amazing dress shopping experience!

Sent on 11/26/2011
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 04/14/2012

Jan and her staff at Botticelli are absolute pros in the industry! Jan takes the time to make every bride feel important and her shop offers many bridal gown samples to choose from ---- in assorted current styles and trends and realistic sizes for her clientele! I have recommended Botticelli to many people and will continue to do so!

Sent on 06/17/2014