48 Reviews for Botticelli, Generous Clothing for the Curvaceous Woman

1.3

I was shopping around for a mother of the bride dress and honestly I’ve been wanting to go to this shop for quite some time now. I was excited because tonight I finally had the opportunity to go. I am having a tough time writing this review because I am so astonished by my experience with the shop owner. We were greeted harshly upon entering because there was 20 minutes till closing and she was in conversation with a few people that were about to leave. My daughter and I drove 45 minutes to get there and we wanted to give the shop a quick look as it’s a small space we weren’t planning on taking more than 10/15 minutes and never expected her to stay any later than closing. She asked us some pretty feather-headed questions about the wedding that had absolutely nothing to do with me needing a dress. She insisted that I try some dresses on so I guess she wasn’t in too much of a hurry to close. So, I found a few dresses and she showed me into the fitting room. She told
me not to zipper my own dress or that my daughter couldn’t assist me either, that she would do it. I never felt so uncomfortable and so invasive because I wasn’t even half way dressed and she opened the curtain wide open and pulled up dress and zippered it. WOW, I didn’t even know how to react. She was so hostile and just so angry. I can’t understand how anyone would
expect us to want to make a purchase. She clearly didn’t want our business. Not to
mention she was a bit insulting by pointing out certain areas about my figure that she assumed were problematic for me. The dresses I tried on were very pretty and fit me quite nicely. Ive got the curves and am well proportionate. I really don’t know where she got off saying the things she did. We were very polite and I think mostly in such disbelief that any business owner would
treat potential customers the way

Profile Picture Anne, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I have been shopping an Botticelli for several years. When I became engaged, Jan was one of the people I immediately thought to share my news with. I knew she would find me a dress that was 100% "me". We made an appointment. I had been looking at dresses online and at a wedding expo. I had an idea of what I liked but was sure that style wouldn't be flattering. I had a blast trying on dresses and have to admit I enjoyed being the center of attention in shop on a busy Saturday afternoon. Jan brought out some great options and I was pleasantly surprised to find that a few styles looked really good! I did not expect shopping for a wedding gown to be an affirming life moment and make me feel really good about the image in the mirror - but it WAS!
Thanks Jan!

Profile Picture User4097517, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Absolutely amazing service. My first visit to try on dresses had to get rescheduled several times due to a snowstorm, and Jan worked with me to make sure that I was still able to go in and try on dresses with a friend from out of town. Jan really listens to what you want and what your style is, and she had pre-selected some gowns for me to try on before my first visit. I tried on many beautiful dresses in a bunch of different styles, and I found one that I fell in love with. I went back recently to try on dresses again after going to some other bridal shops, and none of them even came close to the level of service that Jan provided at Botticelli. When you're there, you are the main focus (there is only one bride in the store at a time), and Jan will really work with you and offer suggestions to help you find the perfect dress. I tried on some new dresses, and then I tried on the original dress that I fell in love with and wound up buying it along with a veil. The prices are completely reasonable...my original budget was $1500 and I got both my dress and the veil for a little bit more than that after taxes were factored in. I was nervous about wedding dress shopping and finding the right gown, but Jan took all the worry out and made it so easy (and all the dresses looked amazing on me!). I would recommend this shop to any and all plus-size brides out there who are looking for the perfect dress.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Jan is extremely knowledgable about her stock and ahat would look good on different body types. The first wedding dress she picked ended up being the one for me! She truly made the process enjoyable even though i was completely stressed out. Thanks so much for all your help!

Profile Picture User715860, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I have been going to Botticelli for 10 years and have always thought Jan was terrific. I went to see Jan for my very first wedding dress shopping experience and honestly, I am SO glad I didn't try to go anywhere else first. Jan knows my style, but still took the time to talk to me about the wedding, the venue, the feel and how I wanted to look on this very special day. I thought I wanted more of an evening gown and Jan asked if I still wanted to try on traditional wedding dresses. I was game for anything!

Jan told me that she woke up super early thinking of our appointment and had some dresses in mind (typical Jan - have to LOVE that about someone you are entrusting your special day to)!

Of course I had an amazing experience and had to make the tough choice between dress #1 and dress #3. Jan gave me a vision and we went with it and I fell in love with the dress I ended up buying.

I honestly could not have asked for a better experience. I hope that all of the rest of my wedding planning goes as smoothly!

Profile Picture Michele, 8/1/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Jan is FABULOUS - seriously, some of the most down-to-Earth, responsive and supportive service I've seen (or even heard of) from a bride's perspective. Jan rearranged her schedule to be there for an appointment as we were traveling from a few states away. She allowed this very indecisive (and very nervous) bride to try on many dresses - not just three or four, as some shops do. She's got a nice selection of dresses and as a plus size bride, you can be sure you'll fit into her samples. There is NOTHING more absurd than a sales person saying "you can hold it up to see what it'll look like" to make up for the fact that the store does not cater to plus sizes. When it comes to pricing, I'd say the prices are certainly fair - and that's not accounting for sales, which are GREAT! I got a good deal on my gown- the veil was pricey. But again, Jan's such a fantastic, non-pushy but SKILLED saleswoman that I just HAD to have it when she pulled it out to try on with my gown. And she even shipped me the veil to save me the trip down to get it. You can see by her social media interactions that Jan knows customer service - AND loves it. And she's a straight-talker, too, which I also appreciated when asking for advice on dressing for the big day. Check her out on FB if you haven't already. And then go visit. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Desiree, 5/30/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had been putting off buying my wedding dress for weeks because I am a plus size bride. I had gone to a few places feeling a little sad as my options were very small. I made an appointment and they got me in the next day- The owner Jan, took the time to get to know me, my fiancé and my venue. I have never felt like a beautiful woman- but she made me feel like a beautiful, pretty bride and she let me see that I had several options without any pressure. I was never nervous and felt completely at ease the entire time. I had sleeve/jacket options, veil options and hair accessories all at my finger tips. It was worth the commute to get quality fashion but the best customer service you will ever find!

Profile Picture Karen, 5/17/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

If you’re a plus size bride like me I’m sure you’ve watched countless hours of Say Yes to the Dress and every other bridal show there is. How many of you also thought, I am going to be one of those crying in the mirrors because nothing will fit and I’ll have to imagine what it looks like in “my size” after special ordering.. Yup.. I was one of those brides. I put off looking for my dress I think because of this, but it was time. My future SIL recommended a “boutique” type of store in RI to get my wedding gown and I thought seriously? She assured me they had designer gowns for every type of wedding and budget and to trust her, so I did. My very first store, and my last. Jan was professional yet warm and put me at ease before I even put on the first dress. I brought in pictures of the types of dresses I liked, told her what kind of wedding I was having and we got started. Yes, I did in fact buy the first dress I put on, but only after trying several more AND LOVING EVERY MOMENT OF IT. She brought out styles that I just knew would look horrible on me and they actually looked great. She can read a body type and put you in the most flattering styles. Trust her. I would and in fact have recommended her store to everyone that has asked “did you get your dress yet?”. I can’t wait to go pick it up and show it to my bridal party.

Profile Picture kellie, 3/29/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had always wanted to visit Jan's shop, so on a trip to RI, we stopped in. I was welcomed very warmly and purchased a few items. I will be going back as my daughter is getting married and cannot find a mother of the bride dress. Her shop is wonderful and she has a very high quality stock.

Profile Picture Jan, 3/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

This is the place to go for the plus size bride. The owner Jan gives you all her personal attention during your consultation. Being able to try on sample dresses that actually fit is a luxury rarely found in a standard bridal shop. Jan truly understands how to flatter different body types and won't just try to cover you all up. I felt like an Amazon queen on my wedding day in a dress that was made for my body and a gorgeous veil that brought the romantic touch I was looking for. They do not do alterations, but she can suggest someone in your area. This place is a one of a kind experience for curvy ladies!

Profile Picture Bri, 11/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I was 1 month out from my wedding and in typical bride style had delusionally kept thinking, "I'll lose weight" before settling on a dress. Panicked at the realization that I was likely going to have to wear a sheet for my big day I wrote Janet. She responded immediately and the next morning I was leaving her shop with the perfect dress. A few alterations later and I looked exactly like I had imagined I would on my wedding day.

Profile Picture Anna, 10/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I really can't say enough about Jan and everyone at Botticelli. I was very worried about trying on wedding dresses, but Jan made it such a fun and comfortable experience. I went back a few times and finally find the perfect dress. She is amazing and I hope that every plus size bride goes to see her. You will never regret it. Just fantastic!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Jan is just amazing! From the minute I walked in the door and she picked THE dress on the first try (yes literally first dress I put on!!!!) to when I was getting compliments from all my friends and family at my wedding saying that the dress was just PERFECT! Being a plus size bride can be hard but Jan doesn't make you feel anything but fabulous - she knows how to make all sizes look their best and has all the right accessories to give you the exact look you want. She helped me find a dress that was amazing and then make it my own with added sleeves (which I ended up wearing off the shoulder for a sexy fun look). I like outside NYC and drove to RI just to get my dress from Jan because she is that good!!!

Profile Picture Carla, 10/5/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Jan and her girls are the best. They make all the curvy brides feel beautiful and special. Jan takes the time to figure out exactly what you are looking for (it's also okay if you don't know), and brings out the most beautiful dresses. I had gone to David's Bridal before meeting Jan, and the experience was night and day. Jan books one bride at a time and focuses all her attention on you. She sells gorgeous affordable designer dresses. As a bigger bride I didn't know I would find the "it" dress, I just assumed I would find an okay dress for the day. I WAS WRONG! Not only did I find the dress, but Jan also helped me order extra material to have sleeves made. This was so much better than having to wear a jacket to cover up my insecurities. On my wedding day I felt glamorous and I was definitely glowing. Jan also fitted me for the proper size bra, and sells a nice selection of larger cup sizes at the store. Thank you Jan, without you I would have settled for mediocrity and not felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

You will not find another shop more dedicated to brides of all sizes! Her prices are reasonable and her service is exceptional. I bought a Sophia Tolli from her and could not have been happier! I drove from northern Mass to buy my dress there and it was worth every minute!

Profile Picture Susan, 9/22/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to see Jan when I was looking for my wedding gown. I tried on several gowns until I found the one I fell in love with.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/14/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My wedding is on 10/19/14, and I went into Botticelli's 9/7/13 for my very first dress shopping experience. Jan is so incredibly amazing! She sat me down for about five minutes, looking at pictures I brought with me of what I was envisioning for my wedding and then the dress picking began! She was so incredibly patient and understanding- I was very nervous that I wouldn't be able to find the right dress up until Jan started picking the dresses for me. I tried on about six dresses, and loved every single one! I finally decided on which dress was the one and left a very very happy bride! I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life. Jan did such a great job complementing the dress with a veil and head piece. The coloring of everything worked so well with my hair and skin tone. I would most definitely recommend Botticellis to all of my friends getting married in the future, thank you Jan!!!!

Profile Picture Abby, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The owner is Jan - and she is AMAZING! I had been to David's Bridal & Vows Outlet and had found a few dresses I thought I loved. However, when I got there Jan asked me questions, got to know me a little bit, and then she went to work! It was like she was a mind reader - Dress after dress was BEAUTIFUL - I could have worn any one she chose! She really listened to what I liked/didn't, and I fell in love every time I walked out of the dressing room. It made the decision making tough, but I did find my dress here, and I would not have wanted to take my business anywhere else! Not one time did I feel pressured to make a decision right then and there - She walked me thru alterations options, gave me a list of alterations places in my area. My mom & I even got bra fittings ... PHENOMENAL! We will more than likely be back to check out mother of the bride/groom gowns, and DEFINITELY more bras!!! Thanks again

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/17/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Jan...I love my dress and you were awesome! You made me feel so comfortable in your store when trying on dresses. You were a help in making my day so much more enjoyable!

Profile Picture Heidi, 8/11/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Incredible service. Jan made space for me on a two day notice. I barely described the type of dress I wanted and she hit it right on the first dress. The gown is gorgeous and was much less money than I thought it would be.
You could ask for better service, more attention or more fun for such a serious decision as selecting your wedding dress.

Profile Picture Regina, 7/13/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I will recommend Botticelli's over and over again. One my very first visit, I called a friend who was also getting married and told her she needed to go to Botticelli's. And this was before I even purchased my dress. The service was outstanding, the way the dresses complimented my body figure as a plus-sized curvy woman, and the appointment was truly all about me. There weren't 50 other brides trying on dresses at the time and I really appreciated that. It was also extremely affordable! There was an instant connection, the staff made you feel comfortable, and they were supportive. Needless to say, my girlfriend and I both got our dresses from there and we looked absolutely flawless on our special day!

Profile Picture Jamie , 5/26/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Jan was wonderful ! She had a large selection of dresses for me to chose from and was helpful in suggesting ideas for other areas of our wedding. I loved the one on one attention . I have a close girlfriend who will be getting married in the near future and I already know she will be going to Botticellis for her dress...

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

If you are a plus size bride and you are tired of going to this little shops where you have to put the dress up to you and imagine what your dream dress will look like....Botticelli's is the place for you. Jane is wonderful and full of energy. She is willing to help you to find your dream dress in your size.

Profile Picture Sheree, 5/25/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I found my wedding dress at Botticelli. It was the best experience I've ever had shopping. The staff was very helpful and very nice. My fiance and I loved our experience at Botticelli and we are looking forward to working with Botticelli again :D.

Profile Picture Felicia, 10/31/12, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Found my perfect dress. The manager was great and made me feel like a princess!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/4/12, 5 Reviews