Botanical Research Institute of Texas Reviews

9 Reviews for Botanical Research Institute of Texas

• Erica

Erica · Married on 04/13/2019

Simply beautiful!

Loved every moment here on my wedding day! My wedding was simple and beautiful. Courtney was so sweet and helpful! Everyone was so nice and they answered every question I had.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Leslie · Married on 04/21/2018

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the BRIT. It was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process. The staff, both Katherine and Courtney, were amazingly kind, thorough, and patient as I asked approximately ten million questions.

One of the things I appreciated most was how helpful they were. About a month before the wedding, the house I was supposed to stay at, and where we would have taken pictures in the morning if it rained, fell through. I asked the BRIT if we could use the atrium as a rain plan and they were very accommodating, which was great, because it rained. We had a really nice, dry, space to take pictures and we ended up getting a really nice first look. Courtney was also very helpful when our caterer needed twice as many tables as they said they would the week before.

We had 160 people at our wedding. It was an afternoon wedding and didn't have a formal meal service so we did not have tables for everyone, but we probably could have made it work if we had needed to. Courtney was really helpful as we worked on the floor plan and I was very happy with how everything turned out. The space was also beautiful, and the natural light was great. We were able to see the outside without having to experience the outside, which was fortunate given the weather.

All around it was a great experience and it was an extra bonus to my husband and I that our wedding could contribute science and education in such a cool way.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Jim · Married on 06/10/2017

Working with Katherine Campbell and the staff at the BRIT was a pure joy. The BRIT is very accommodating and professional. I would recommend the BRIT to anyone looking for a special and unique venue.

Sent on 06/12/2017

PATRICIA · Married on 04/08/2017

I am so glad that we decided to host our wedding at the BRIT! The prairie flowers were absolutely gorgeous for our early April outdoor/indoor wedding. We wanted our wedding to be simple, beautiful and organic and that is exactly what we got. I think that the BRIT is perfectly suited for daytime events (we had a brunch themed wedding) because the light that pours into the main lobby is absolutely gorgeous. Also, we were so happy that we found a venue that could execute our vision, be near downtown and not break the bank! Courtney and Katherine were wonderful to work with, very quick with responses, and make me feel at ease.

Sent on 04/27/2017

Botanical Research Institute of Texas's reply:

We're so glad your experience at BRIT went so well. Wishing you and Juan the best!

Susan · Married on 06/18/2016

This is a hidden gem. Such a lovely, spacious setting for a wedding. Julie worked with us so professionally, to make a beautiful wedding for our daughter. The huge glass wall that the bridal couple had as a backdrop was amazing, as well as the large amount of space for the dinner, dancing, room for the bridesmaids, grooms room, upstairs terrace for cocktails. Really, perfect. So many of our guests commented on the lovely, unique facility. Casey and Sampson were also very helpful, as the facility attendants for the evening. Thanks, BRIT, for a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Lynn · Married on 06/10/2017

Kathryn was so easy and pleasant to work with. I won't hesitate to recommend someone having a wedding at the BRIT!

Sent on 06/13/2017
  • TyLesha

TyLesha · Married on 09/01/2018

3.0

I set out to find a a venue with a unique layout and definitely found that at the BRIT! Courtney and Katherine were extremely helpful and patient with me as I planned for my big day. I can’t thank them enough :)

Sent on 09/19/2018

Katie · Married on 05/20/2017

The BRIT was beautiful, it had wildflowers growing in the front & in the back so the whole space already looked amazing. We had a large number of guests, and they were willing to let us play with the layout. Having two food trucks made our wedding so memorable to our guests, and the BRIT made it easy for the trucks to get in and out. Only downside was we had to remove all the trash from the site immediately following the wedding, and we were not able to use the loading dock for rental pickup as we were promised initially. Other than that, they were extremely flexible, affordable, and the venue was beautiful.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Botanical Research Institute of Texas's reply:

Katie, we appreciate your input about trash and are working to update that policy. Removing trash from BRIT helps us remain a "green" building. The loading dock should have been open for rental pick-up as it's the best spot to drop off items and pick up so we're not sure what happened there. Thank you for sharing this special day with us at BRIT!

Kylette · Married on 09/23/2017

3.8
      3.0

Very well priced for the space and the points of contact are helpful leading up to the big day. It was a bit challenging on the day of the wedding reception as I never saw anyone and had never received any information about how to adjust the lights. As a result, not many people wanted to get on the dance floor and people began to leave early. The photographer recommended ending the whole reception early so that our send off wouldn't be tiny. That was a tough pill to swallow of course but we did end about 45 min early unfortunately.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Hi Kylette,

I’m sorry you had that mishap with the lights. We try to take good care of our guests by popping in every hour to make sure things are going well. While our lighting system may be tricky, it’s easily fixed and accessible to all on a wall panel. We appreciate your honesty, and work to adjust this. Thank you for choosing BRIT for this special day. We do hope to see you back. With lights fixed and all!