Boston String Ensemble Reviews

• Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 07/11/2011

3.5
      3.5

they were very accommodating. we decided not to pick traditional music for our ceremony, and they were more than happy to learn any new songs we wanted, which made us feel happy. they got there early and were very sweet! it really set the ton of our ceremony and we absolutely loved them!

Sent on 08/02/2011

Victor · Married on 06/03/2012

4.2
      3.0

Overall, they were very good. I had some difficulty getting a quick response from Chris, but we had a lot of requests (including both classical and non-traditional music) and in the end everything went great. The day of the wedding, we were surprised that Chris was not there (2nd violinist played 1st violin), and there was an unknown 2nd violinist.

My only real complaint, which I will preface by saying that I am a musician myself, is that the 2nd violinist made a number of important, audible mistakes, including serious miscounting during one of the main ceremony pieces. But things happen, and mostly we enjoyed their music. They were always very professional throughout the process, and dealt well with our changing requests.

Sent on 12/23/2012

Diana · Married on 06/01/2012

0.4
      0.5

Let me start with this, THEY NEVER SHOWED UP! Yup that's correct, actually one out of the FOUR that I hired showed up. Hows that for your wedding ceremony music?! Last time I checked a QUARTET was 4 people. Not only did one show up, they were supposed to be there an hour before my ceremony and I didn't even receive a phone call. Doesn't everyone have a cell phone these days? I booked them a year and a half before my wedding, so there who was the one not prepared? I had my Dad send the on violinist home, who wants one violin when you dreamed of walking down the aisle to a quartet? No thanks!

Even before this happened it was like pulling and arm and leg to get them to email or call me back about anything.

Thank God my DJ from Move It Music is amazing or else I would have been walking down the aisle to crickets.

No excuse either, just an email after the wedding saying "Sorry we couldn't complete our obligation" I think that's a pretty big OBLIGATION to miss considering I only have ONE wedding.

Thanks Boston String Quartet!

Sent on 07/18/2012