13 Reviews for Boston Ballroom Dance Center

4.7
Dance Lessons (2)
13 Boston Ballroom Dance Center Reviews

1.0

BEWARE....do not waste your money here. The only two dance instructors are the owners, Marisa and Peter, who are nice at first, as they try to get you to buy a package. They stay nice only if you laugh at their jokes and continue buying lessons. Wasted at least half of every lesson chatting, and talking about their great lives and great friends....it was bizarre. When we stated that we did not want to buy another package of lessons, their attitudes COMPLETELY changed. Peter was nasty and rude, and when we weren't sure if we were going to come for our last lesson (because we were being treated so poorly), Marisa shoved the "contract" in our faces and would not even hear why were upset with the lessons. I tried calling her and leaving messages just as a concerned customer, and to let her know how we felt we were treated. She refused to talk to me, and emailed me to say they would be busy for the next several months. Very unprofessional...I would not recommend this place at all. Negative reviews have been deleted in the last few months from others which also concerns me. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere!

Profile Picture L, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My fiancé and I came here to work on our first dance. Marisa was great to work with and made us feel so comfortable. She broke down the steps and helped us to feel more confident with our dance for our big day. We both left our session agreeing we had fun dancing together and we're so happy we decided to have this lesson.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ashley, 3/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I would totally suggest Boston Ballroom Dance Center to anyone of my friends getting married for dance lessons.

Profile Picture User7515576, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Peter and Marisa are the most patient yet challenging instructors. They are NEVER negative!!! Always full of positive reinforcement! They listen to what a client is looking for and help achieve the goal.....we have been dancing for about six months and are amazed at our progress! We LOVE Boston Ballroom Dance Center!!!

Profile Picture Iva, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I am one of those people who wants to find the best. I looked at 15-20 dance studios online and picked 5 dance studios to do an intro lesson in early 2015. Marisa and Peter stood out HANDS DOWN as the best option in the Boston area from the first interaction for both myself and my fiance. We took a number of dance lessons with them through 2015 up until our big day and absolutely loved our dance. I never took dance lessons before and felt so comfortable dancing on the day. Marisa and Peter are also just just wonderful people to get to know and work with. If you are in Boston and looking for the best first wedding dance, you HAVE to check them out!!!

Profile Picture chuck, 7/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Boston Ballroom is a wonderful, supportive, and top-notch dance studio. They provided exceptional support and teaching for our wedding dance. We were nervous about the idea of remembering a formal dance with all eyes on us, but they made us feel completely comfortable by gradually building up the steps and they tailored the dance to make it our own. Peter and Marisa, the owners and teachers, went out of their way to make sure everything was right for the big day. They are fantastic and wonderful people who will make your experience fun and your wedding dance special and memorable. We are so happy that we decided to learn our dance with them and we will remember it as a special positive experience for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Kavitha, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Peter & Marisa are great dance instructors! We picked a song we like and they designed an elegant wedding dance! Since then, we become their biggest fans. We keep coming back to take group classes even after the wedding dance lessons.

Profile Picture Zi, 6/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I wanted to take dance lessons for the wedding so that our first dance would be more interesting than us just swaying side to side. Neither my husband nor I had ever taken dance lessons before, but they ended up being a lot of fun. We really enjoyed the lessons and the instructor was a lot of fun to work with. We didn't get around to finding a place to take lessons until the last minute so we were only able to schedule about 5 classes before our wedding. If you have time to take more lessons of course that is better but despite only a few lessons we learned a lot. The dance wasn't perfect but we were a lot more confident dancing in front of so many people after taking those lessons. It was well worth the money. Our first dance was so much more fun having learned some dance steps.

Profile Picture User6937787, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Marissa and Peter are wonderful to work with. The studio is a very relaxed environment and they keep the whole process a fun experience. We started our classes in preparation for our wedding and still continue to attend private lessons weekly!

Profile Picture User4300847, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Dance Lessons

We knew we wanted to have a choreographed first dance, something to set the tone for the night and get our guests even more excited. Peter and Marisa did just that. Over the course of about 12 lessons we went from barely being able to walk together to spinning, dipping, and lifting. They alternated teaching the lesson, one focusing more on the steps and the other coming into tweak techinque, posture, and such. They always reminded us to have fun and focus on what we were working so hard for, to share our love. They were never without a smile or a warm greeting, immediately making us feel safe and comfortable, part of the family. Their little dog Sophie also proved a big help. My work schedule varies, being a nurse who does shifts. They were always understanding if we had to reschedule and were very willing to accommodate us. By the end of our lessons we still had nerves but we knew we had learned the skills to do a wonderful dance. The cheers and comments we got at our Wedding added to the powerful emotions we were already feeling, knowing that if we could conquer that final lift we were well on our way.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/23/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We did 2 dance lessons with Marissa at Boston Ballroom Dance Center and they were fantastic.

We have no experience dancing, and my husband is very self-conscious about dancing, but with those two lessons we were able to put together a routine that we practiced at home, leading to a first dance that everyone raved about. My mother, who did not approve of us spending money on dance lessons, was almost in tears, saying, "Now I understand why you wanted dance lessons!!"

Unfortunately we could not afford the whole dance course recommended for weddings (it's affordable, but we had a lot of financial pressure from other directions, and this ended up being cut), I can't imagine how amazing we could have been! Highly recommended. (Note: please make sure you go to Boston Ballroom Dance Center, NOT Ballroom in Boston!!)

Profile Picture Emily, 11/8/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Peter and Marisa created a first dance for us that was perfect. Neither of us had ever taken a dance lesson. We had a few lessons with Peter and a few with Marisa-- both were excellent! Both of them really got the chance to know us and we had so much fun with them. They created a first dance that really reflected who we were. They made sure that we knew what we were doing and the day of the wedding we were able to stay in the moment and enjoy the dance! The also had great tips for poses for photos outside the first dance. We are so glad we worked with Peter and Marisa, they helped made our big day truly special.

Profile Picture User2554747, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Marisa and Peter, the owners, are incredible! My husband and I had never taken dance lessons ever in our life and we weren't sure what to expect. There was confusion on our part in terms of the dance studio, confusing it with another local studio on the same street. When we walked into the wrong dance studio (which was cold, dark and the people there were unfriendly) we thought "oh gosh, this is going to suck!" But we were RELIEVED when we found our way to BBDC where Marisa and Peter welcomed us with open arms.

They are hysterical and really got to know us, our personalities and our style of dance. They created our first dance song, practiced with us, provided feedback and really helped us to nail it at our wedding. It was a huge success!

And our fears of dance lessons were quickly gone when we realized how fun it was. It brought us closer together. It uncovered skills we didn't realized we had and we had a blast!

I recommend BBDC for not only 1st wedding dances but also dance lessons in general.

Marisa and Peter are the ones to thank for everything and we are so grateful we found them!

Profile Picture User1390549, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews