Booth Photographics Reviews

Booth Photographics 3
Booth Photographics 4
Booth Photographics 5

Lizzie · Married on 11/16/2019

By far the best decision we made!

Stephen and Stephanie were amazing to work with from day 1 of reaching out! Booth Photographics was a recommendation from one of my friends who shoots weddings, as well. I knew if a fellow photographer was recommending them, then that is promising! They shot our engagement photos, and they made me and my fiance feel so at ease and natural (that's saying a lot! We are pretty awkward in front of a camera!). Stephen and Stephanie have such a relaxed vibe and make you feel like you've been friends with them for years! The shot our wedding on November 16th this year. They sent a sneak peek of photos within a couple of days, and what a dream! They are truly gifted in what they do. I understand that there are probably cheaper options, but you really get what you pay for. You're going to have these photos forever - do you really want to skimp on photographers? I could go on, and on, but I just had to share our amazing experience with fellow brides!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Claire · Married on 10/06/2018

You can tell by looking at their work that Stephen and Stephanie are incredibly talented. What the photos don't show you is how warm and giving they are. They work so hard to make you feel taken care of, before and during the wedding. They take such good care to make sure you get the photos you want (and ones you didn't even know to ask for), and provide an incredibly high level of service. Not to mention, we got our photos back in under two weeks- which is UNHEARD OF. The colors are vibrant, without feeling filtered; bright, without being overexposed; and candid, without looking sloppy.

Every single person who has looked at my photos says they are some of the best wedding photos they've seen. I cannot overstate how important this investment was to me and how glad I am that it paid off so beautifully.

Booth Photographics 6
    Booth Photographics 7
    Booth Photographics 8
    Sent on 08/23/2018

allison · Married on 09/01/2018

Stephen and Stephanie from Booth Photographics are absolutely AMAZING! We told our wedding planner that we wanted photographers that did not overly process photos, were able to guide a group (aka tell people to stand closer together, tilt head, change hair, etc), and be present but not in your face. She immediately suggested Booth Photographics and we couldn't be happier. On wedding day they were extremely professional, picked up on our style quickly (we wanted more posed photos, were specific about locations, had specific groupings of people we wanted). One would follow us around to get photos and the other would get tons of candids. Our group photos turned out beautiful, but to our surprise the candids were even better! They truly captured the essence of us as a couple and got shots we didn't know they were there for! We also specifically wanted photographers who would do an online album with full access to all photos, ability to download, and print on your own. This was actually extremely hard to find amongst a lot of other photographers. They quoted 6-8 week turn around and we got ours even faster! All of our friends and family RAVED about them both after the wedding day and now after seeing the photos. We are so grateful to them for capturing our day and more importantly really taking photos that were true to us.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2018

What can I say? Stephen and Stephanie are the absolute best in the game. They both bring such great talent to the table and make you feel so comfortable. Their photography is classically beautiful and their images come out looking organic and stunning. So glad we were able to work with them and that we get to look at these photos for the rest of our lives!

Booth Photographics 9
    Sent on 08/13/2018

Amani · Married on 06/29/2018

We were recommended to Booth Photographics by a friend of mine, Jenn. When I looked at their website I instantly fell in love with their photography and more than anything in my wedding, I wanted to have them a part of it. LET ME JUST TELL YOU PEOPLE--they were one of the BEST decisions we made hands down. Stephanie and Stephen are so kind, so talented, and have this way about them of bringing out the best in everyone! Everyone absolutely loved them and couldn't say enough positive things about them. I get a little nervous with a camera in my face, but I never felt that way with them. They did an absolutely incredible job capturing our wedding day, and capturing the most beautiful, natural photos. Looking through all of our photos, I can feel the emotions and joys of the day all over again! Booth Photographics was so organized and helpful in the wedding process from day one. From phone calls to emails, they were on TOP of things, making us feel like cared for friends, not just customers. Working with Booth Photographics on our wedding day was a dream. I've been in quite a few weddings and have seen a lot of photographers, but never seen any as amazing as them. They helped me to be calm, enjoy the day more, and at times, it's like they weren't even there, while at the same time captured the most authentic moments. Their lifestyle photography for our day was absolutely stunning and I will forever cherish the photos and memories they captured. Booth Photographics exceeded our expectations not only in the beutiful photos they captured, but in just how they dealt with us and made us feel as though we were the most important people in the world, every step of the wedding planning and wedding day process. If you need a photographer, it's an easy choice, Booth Photographics- They are the BEST!

Booth Photographics 10
    Booth Photographics 11
    Booth Photographics 12
    Booth Photographics 13
    Booth Photographics 14
    Booth Photographics 15
    Sent on 08/08/2018

Ellie · Married on 12/31/2016

I must say that the way you handled any last-minute changes is one of the top reasons I'd recommend you guys, apart from your amazing quality of photography. That flexibility and ease of working with you just makes for so much better an experience overall. Thank you again!

Sent on 03/23/2017

courtney · Married on 12/10/2016

Breathtaking would be the word to describe the quality and beauty of the wedding photos taken by Stephanie and Stephen Booth of Booth Photographic's. When first meeting the Booth's they had this incredible ease and passion for excellence for their work, making them an easy choice for capturing the most magical day of our lives. Their style captures the natural beauty of of the surroundings, without overshadowing the featured subject of the photo. The quality of each photo is unparalleled with the attention to detail and airy lighting. Stephanie and Stephen exude such a joy for their work, which made taking photos easy and fluid without being staged or unnatural.

The photos from our wedding were beyond compare. Every single photo was worthy of framing! The lighting was natural and almost ethereal, highlighting the bride and groom plus bridal party with such beautiful light. We are just blow away with how soft yet powerful our photos are. Stephanie and Stephen were even able to capture moments of our wedding that we missed, allowing us to re-live our wedding day through our photos. In addition the turn-a-round time for both our wedding and engagement session was amazing. Working with Stephanie behind the scenes in regards to timeline and location of photos was a dream. She is so incredibly easy to work with, and full of wonderful suggestions. All our our guests commented not only on the outstanding photos, but how fun the Booth's were at our wedding.

We were so fortunate to work with such a talented and visionary couple. We can not say enough about how wonderful our experience has been with them. We would highly recommend their quality, experience, and passion for their work to any engaged couple looking for photographers. It is true, a wedding will last only a day, but the photos will last a lifetime. Our timeless photos taken by Booth Photographics will surely last a lifetime.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Elise · Married on 08/13/2016

Booth Photographics is a dream team to work with. From the very first time Travis and I met Stephanie and Stephen we felt so comfortable, at ease and had so much in common. They have an incredible eye for capturing the smallest details to the biggest moments. They truly captured our engagement and wedding pictures exactly how I had envisioned them and blew my breath away! I love the fact that they are a team. Stephanie was able to take pictures of us girls getting ready while Stephen was able to take pictures of the guys getting ready. They are a dynamic duo that is hard to find! I am so thankful and grateful that they were able to capture our engagement pictures and wedding pictures because after going through the whole experience there is no one else Travis and I would have rather had by our sides. My sister in law is also using Booth Photographics for her upcoming wedding in June of 2018.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/18/2016

There is simply no better wedding photographer out there than the Booths. We are so thrilled with our photos, but also with the wonderful experience we had on our wedding day which was supported by Stephen and Stephanie. I originally found this adorable husband-wife duo by searching for photographers in the Milwaukee area and when I looked through their wedding blog photos, I knew I was in love with their artistic eye and authentic photography style! I knew immediately we would be happy with them when emailing with Stephanie based on her charismatic and personal approach, but meeting these two in person sealed the deal. They are genuine, kind, and caring. They care not only about creating the best photos for you of your wedding day, but also that you are taken care of along the way. One of the best things they did for us before our wedding day was help us create a timeline for the actual day. This ensured we got what we wanted but also put our minds at ease that everyone was on the same schedule. Our wedding guests are still talking about the photos we have shared from the Booths - my dress was photographed beautifully, our first dance photos are stunning, and the whole day was captured with the lightness and authenticity that we hoped. We know we will cherish our wedding day photos forever, and we will be forever grateful to the Booths!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2016

Booth Photographics did an absolutely amazing job on my engagement and wedding photos. They were so great to work with, easy going, professional yet fun, and produce stunning work. In addition to all that, they are a great value for their level of experience and expertise. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for wedding photo services. I received so many compliments on my engagement photos and wedding photos. All my family and friends were very impressed with how beautiful their photography is. Also, living in Chicago, I was nervous when I signed the contract about whether there would be any issues since they live in Madison. I have to say, the distance was no problem at all. They were on time for both sessions and scoped out great locations for both sessions in advance. Can't say enough good things about this lovely husband and wife duo!!!!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Leigh · Married on 05/14/2016

Booth Photographics was on of the recommended vendors from our venue. We checked out their website and instantly fell love with their fine-art, authentic style of photography. We planned a trip to meet them from their office/home in Madison and knew right away we wanted them to be our photographers! Both Stephen and Stephanie have a calm and gentle spirit which instantly puts you at ease. This is very important on your wedding day which is often fraught with chaos and nerves and being pulled in several directions! They also took the time to really get to know us and our love story. They CARED and truly made us feel as if we were the most special couple in the whole wide world. You can tell they really love what they do.
    Not only are they both kind, caring people but more importantly they are masters at their trade. Both our engagement and wedding pictures came out GORGEOUS. We have received so many compliments. We love so many of the shots, we honestly do not even know which ones to chose as our favorites. Not only are the pictures beautiful but the turn around time both for our engagement wedding pictures was surprisingly fast. If you are looking for a fine-art, authentic type of photographer in the WI or Chicagoland area (or beyond!) Booth Photographics should be your choice. They are the best of the best. We are forever grateful to them for capturing our beautiful day and all the little moments and somehow making it even more beautiful on film. They really went above and beyond.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Christina · Married on 10/24/2015

We first looked into Booth Photographics by recommendation from a friend of ours. After looking at the quality of their photos on the website, we fell in love with the romantic feel of their work and the ethereal use of light. Then we met them at our favorite coffee shop, loved their story and their style and we knew they were the right photographers for us! Stephanie and Stephen were incredibly fun, professional and helped our wedding day feel smooth, special and stress free. Two weeks later, we received our edited photos! They are absolutely lovely. The weather was questionable on our wedding day but the photos look light and highlighted everything that we had wanted. Your photos are such an important part of the day and they are the memories you keep. Choose Booth! We are telling all of our engaged friends about them. We feel lucky to have had such a wonderful experience with a positive and talented couple.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Megan · Married on 08/15/2015

From the moment I met Stephanie and Stephen, I knew they were a perfect fit as our photographers for our wedding. We aren't married yet but the Booth's did our engagement photos as a "get-to-know-you" session before the wedding. They are so calm and patient. My fiance and I were nervous to get our pictures taken but Stephanie and Stephen had a way of making us feel as if my fiance and I were the only ones around. They take beautiful pictures - I mean beautiful! The thing I love about the most is that there is a personal touch to your partnership with them; they are not just photographers but they become friends. I am so excited to work with them again on our wedding day and would highly recommend them for their photography skills!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Brittany · Married on 06/20/2015

Booth Photographics was one of the best vendor choices we made for our summer 2015 wedding. We were looking for authentic photos that captured uninterrupted moments and they did just that, and so much more. We received so many quality photos back from our engagement session and from our wedding day, it was so hard to pick which ones to print! Beyond the final product, Stephen and Stephanie are a delight to work with. They made everyone feel so comfortable in front of the camera, which was really important to us. Also, their calm demeanor and experience allowed everyone to relax while staying on time and getting all the shots we requested. Overall, they provide a stress-free and fun environment while capturing beautiful photos! We highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Ryan · Married on 12/20/2014

We had the privilege of having Stephen and Stephanie as the photographers for our wedding. Our expectations were surpassed and we were very impressed with well-rounded approach of grasping our vision and dreams for the best day of our life. The photos were beautiful, clear and most important, captured the love we shared! Their interest in our personal love story was evident during the process as well as their commitment to excellent service. We couldn't have asked for a better set of individuals to make our wedding come to life.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Vanessa · Married on 10/10/2014

Oh my gosh! It is so hard for me to express how awesome it was to work with Stephen and Stephanie! They we're absolutely fantastic and their work is soooo much more than we expected! I seriously think we have the most beautiful picture possible!
    We live in San Diego but got married in Milwaukee, so I know that made it difficult, but they made it work! I remember our first phone convo that we had- we just clicked! The got the vibe I was going for because I'm so picky with my pictures! We communicated via email for the most part and they were super responsive which was great! We had a video chat a few weeks before the wedding and that went so well too! During the wedding, their style is relaxed. They're not into posing people- which I loved, we were done with our "posing" pictures within an hour- that includes both families, bridal party, and just the 2 of us.
    They captured the whole night so perfectly that anyone that would look at our pics would know exaclty what our wedding was like. The pictures turned out so so beautiful and the finished images came quick! They even write a super cute blog with a handful of their favorites before they give you the other pics, it really shows they care!
    I highly recommend Booth Photographics as photographers, they wont disappoint!
    Vanessa & Jeremy

Sent on 10/27/2014

Helen · Married on 10/19/2013

What can I say about Booth Photographics? Not enough! They are phenomenal at what they do. I have used them before for my youngest son's birthday photos a little more than a year ago and they were amazing. We have seen the work that they do in other weddings and knew there could be no others to do our son's wedding. The two of them are a perfect tag team, knowing exactly how to get the most beautiful, interesting, tender and cool shots. They have the sweetest disposition and are a couple of fun people to work with. They are our photography team for life!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Brittany · Married on 06/21/2014

We were absolutely thrilled with our experience with Booth Photographics. Not only was this dynamic duo great photographers but they took the time to get to know my husband and I on a personal level. We had met with them a few times before our big day to discuss our expectations and our "vision" for our wedding. They really worked hard to make sure all our requests and expectations were met. Stephen and Stephanie were a joy to work with before and during our wedding, and were reasonable in cost. Our photos were stunning and given to us in an exceptionally timely manner. We would recommend Booth Photographics for any couple who would like to enjoy their experience of the planning process as well as their wedding photos for years to come.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Noel · Married on 07/20/2013

From the Bride: There is nothing more joyous than celebrating a wedding. It can often be stressful trying to decide on all the details, especially who you will hire to capture the timeless memories of your special day. You need look no farther than Booth photography! Their beginning to end approach helped us solidify what the day would look like and really gave us great peace of mind. They did all the leg work, providing us with detailed options for our out-of-state wedding in Malibu. They provided us with an in-depth consult, full fledged reveal party, and even featured our story on their blog! Their professionalism and flexibility was unmatched as they dealt with the many unexpected changes that typically come with a wedding.

We treasure those amazing moments shown in our photos and there's no one else we would have rather had alongside us as we became Mr. & Mrs.

From the Groom: When it comes to a wedding much is invested in it. From finances, to muscle, and even the spirit. But one investment was certain for my bride and I—the photographs. We had a feeling when the day to say, "I do" came, that it was going to go by like the east winds. So we wanted to make sure we had good pictures we could reflect on afterwards. Boy were we glad we invested in good photographers! Our day was a blur with all the guests & activities, but we have amazing pictures that captured the beauty and essence of our wedding. Booths Photographic's took such care to ensure we had beautiful, unique and memorable pictures. Their eyes were sensitive to the minuscule details and keen to the most important moments. We were so pleased with the outcome!

I highly recommend this married photo duo, not only because their work is excellent, but also because they love what they do.

Sent on 08/30/2013

Kim · Married on 07/20/2013

I can not say enough about the care and attention to details that Stephen and Stephanie Booth at Booth Photographics gave to catching the important moments of our special day. The perfect wedding day--if only we had a dress rehearsal. Oh, wait! We did. But amidst extenuating circumstances and the challenges of our beautiful but unique venue, the bride's family almost missed it. This did not help things to flow as smoothly as we had dreamed of on wedding day. And that is where the Booths literally saved the day. They not only flitted about catching perfect pictures, they set the heart of the soon-to-be-stunning, but currently nervous and in-need-of-assistance-bride at ease. On July 20, 2013, they were standing in as wedding coordinator/photographers!!! In short, we could not have been more pleased with the perfect capture of the celebration of family and friends around the glorious commitment vows (viewed all the way from heaven) of Mr. and Mrs. Alex Miranda. Though our family situation was less than perfect with health challenges that had made the planning process sticky at times, one would never know from the pictures there was anything amiss. Their professional help in the organization and recuperation of the inevitable mishaps which happen on days which we wish to be perfect was just what we needed to set it all aright. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts--we heartily recommend Stephen and Stephanie at Booth Photographics!
    Kim Saunders

Sent on 12/23/2013

Becca · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot recommend Stephen and Stephanie Booth enough. I am a TERRIBLE picture taker and get very self conscious when people take pictures of me...not great when you're the bride. However, after doing an engagement photo session with the Booths first and getting to know them (and them getting to know us and what works best to tone down the awkward and bring out the awesome), I had no reservations on the big day about getting my picture taken. I knew they would take amazing shots, and capture all of the moments that mattered to us. They were very helpful in creating a timeline and prioritizing what were our "must have" photos, and balancing that with our main goal of spending as much time with our guests as possible. They were present at all the right moments, but never felt like they were bossing people around or in the way. They adjusted to the terrible weather with no issues. They were so helpful keeping everything on schedule, navigating the more challenging family dynamics with ease, and making everyone feel included. Then there are the actual photos....OH MY GOD. For someone who hates getting her picture taken, and going through and marking my favorites list resulted in over 350 "favorite" photos...and it's not that I didn't love the others...they were all so great! The photos of the venue, getting ready, the first look, the ceremony, first dance, etc. we will cherish forever, but the cherry on top was all of the photos they managed to take of our guests having fun (during the ceremony, at cocktail hour, during dinner, dancing, etc.) They captured all the fun, love, and joy we felt. I was nervous about spending so much money on photographers, but now that I know how much work they put in, and how the customize every experience, and put everyone (including the bride, groom, and their mothers!) at ease, I know it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. I could have paid double and still felt it was worth it after seeing the results!

Sent on 02/06/2018

amanda · Married on 09/05/2015

1.2
      2.0
      2.0
      1.0
      0.0
      1.0

Booth Photographics got some great shots at our wedding. However, we are not able to recommend them. Overall, our interactions with them prior to the wedding were stressful and negative. They asked us to make a shot list of ALL the photos we would want. When I sent them the list, I told them that we were flexible and happy to rearrange or modify. However, all we got back was negativity and questionable reasons on why they could not accommodate shots, timelines, group photos. It was bizarre. We even had other photographers say that our shot list was not "extensive." We modified the list and said we were flexible as we were looking for them for help as the professionals, but we didn't feel that they provided any help or consultation. We also felt that they continued to hold our initial list against us up to, at, and after the wedding day - referring to our wedding as a "whirlwind" when sending the pictures, which neither of us felt like it had been. We even had extra time after the ceremony and everything else was on schedule. They sent us a lot of useable pictures, but they also sent us quite a few pictures that were off-center and with eyes closed- a lot of missed moments. We ended up with some nice photos from our wedding, but their lack of customer service in our dealings makes it difficult to recommend them.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Booth Photographics's reply:

We are so surprised to hear Amanda say that her interactions with us were stressful and that we provided a lack of helpful consultation. When Amanda mentioned she was having trouble finding time for family photos in her timeline, we devoted several hours to helping her identify potential solutions. Also, at her request, we created and offered 3 subsequent wedding day timelines for her as she notified us that her plans had changed over the course of planning, as they always do. Unfortunately something must have been lost in translation as this was seen as negativity from us. We are so sorry for that, Amanda.

As Amanda mentioned, other than for formal family photos, we do not work from a specific, formalized “shot list” on a wedding day so we can be present and capture the real moments as they happen authentically. Amanda's family and guests seemed to appreciate this as several came to thank us for being so easy to work with, her mother in particular taking us aside to express her gratitude to us for making the photography experience so easy and enjoyable.

Based on Amanda’s comment about the composition of some candid photos being off center and her frustration that we don't use a shot list on a wedding day, it seems as though our more authentic, fine-art approach was not the best fit for what she was looking for in her wedding photography.

We regret not having more effectively qualified ourselves for Amanda to make sure that we were truly a good fit and have since worked hard to more clearly articulate our vision and philosophy through our website and in meetings with potential clients prior to booking.

When choosing a photographer for your wedding, it’s important to know that the work they do is what you’re looking for. We would recommend asking any photographer you’re considering booking to see a complete wedding gallery in similar conditions to how you envision your wedding day to help determine if their style is the right fit for you.