Booray Perry Photography Reviews

1.5
      0.5
      1.0
      1.5

Hiring Booray as my wedding photographer was an irreversible mistake. We were greeted by him in his home studio and shown his best work in a slide presentation, shown all of his photography awards, and given the full sales pitch. Booray is a master marketer and a below average photographer. Lets hope after 200 weddings you could find 20-30 awesome pictures to show potential customers.

I would rate is photography skills for my wedding pictures as a 4/10 at best. What is highly upsetting is that photographs taken from my guests are 100% better than those taken by Booray. There is absolutely no comparison. I could have save $2100 and just got pictures e-mailed to me from my guests. I guess a 10,000 camera is only as good as its user.

We received 465 of the best pictures from the wedding which many of them included: people not smiling, blinking, people looking away from the camera, our cake cutting photos were taken in a warped panoramic view, the color is poor, photos were taken at an odd angles, photos where people are blocking his view that we cannot use. I would expect a professional to have taken so many pictures that these pictures would have been deleted and not included in the finals that I got back. Then there are the photos that were not taken such as us exiting the church and the reception, no photo of the bride getting out of the limo, no photo of our wedding bands, no photo of the doors opening when my dad & I entered the church. He provided no direction on how people should stand, etc. he just took the pictures.

Do not expect a second more out of him than he has contracted for. He showed up 10 minutes before my wedding. He refused to do a site inspection. Judging from the pictures I got back, it was not enough time to set up. He will also leave the minute the contract expires, irrespective of what's happening.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Booray Perry Photography's reply:

Naturally, I am upset by this review. I would like to make few points about Gina's claims:

Gina was not snared by clever marketing. I was recommended to her by a photographer who taught a class she attended. He is a 25 year veteran of the business, award-winning and nationally published. I photographed his wedding.

In addition to my slide presentation, Gina was shown several full wedding albums.

I was contracted to start at 3:30. I arrived at 3:10. The first image on her disk was shot at 3:25. The wedding started at 3:48. The bride entered at 3:51. All digital images contain metadata which records the exact time they were created.

There was no planned, staged exit from the church and the guests were already gone. There are pictures of them in the limo. However, there is nothing graceful or attractive about a bride, bent over, climbing out of a car in a full gown.

I did not shoot the bride when the doors opened at the back of the church because the lighting was terrible due to the blazing sun blasting from behind. Instead I photographed the groom at that moment to capture his reaction to seeing his bride for the first time. Then I photographed the bride as she walked down the aisle surrounded by family and friends. This is standard procedure.

I posed everyone in all the formal portraits. I don't pose people at the party when wandering and taking snaphots other than the rudimentary, "stand closer, smile" etc.

With 460 pictures, someone is going to blink. The few blinks that I had were all party pics, not posed family portraits, etc. and there's always someone at the wedding that does not want to smile for pictures.

I didn't do a "venue inspection" because I have shot there before.

I could go on but Wedding Wire limits these replies. Instead I'll just say this: If you are reading this review and are concerned about my ability, I invite you to contact me and I will show you the entire wedding. You can judge for yourself.