Boogie Down Beats Reviews

7 | Springfield, MO

7 Reviews for Boogie Down Beats

Kerry & Rick · Married on 06/24/2017

Boogie Down Beats and Alex are beyond fabulous! We were so lucky to have him DJ our wedding. He took the time to meet with us before our wedding and always was very responsive to our emails and phone calls. We did not have many specific songs picked out but let him know what types of music we liked. He picked great songs and kept the celebration exciting and everyone dancing! Highly recommend him for your special occasion!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+

Sent on 07/31/2017

Casey · Married on 06/03/2017

We are SO glad we had Alex from Boogie Down Beats as the DJ at our wedding! I'm going to be completely honest...the DJ was the part of the wedding I was most anxious about. I feel like the DJ can really make or break a wedding, and let me tell you. Alex was FANTASTIC. He spoke with my husband and I on the phone before we even booked him, was quick to answer any questions we had during the wedding planning process, and video chatted the week of the wedding to make sure everything was ironed out. He played music at our ceremony as well, and while we had some unique song requests, he was able to find the songs and play everything we wanted. It was PERFECT. During the reception, the dance floor was packed! Alex did an amazing job of reading our guests, seeing what they enjoyed and keeping the dance floor full! It's been over a month since the wedding, and guests are STILL commenting on how much fun they had and how great the DJ was. So guys...hire Alex with Boogie Down Beats! He will provide you with the wedding you envision, and you and your guests will dance all night. :)

Sent on 07/13/2017

Brittni · Married on 04/29/2017

Everything was perfect, I would recommend Alex to anyone looking for a DJ. Music was a very important part of our wedding and Alex did a great job choosing music that matched the mood we were going for. He was also very nice, professional, and easy to get ahold of. Thank you for helping to make our wedding day so special and memorable!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Austin · Married on 03/25/2017

This company goes over and beyond on getting your special day to be unique and memorable. Thank you guys for everything again!!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Boogie Down Beats's reply:

Absolutely! It was a really fun wedding, I was happy to be a part of it!

Andrew · Married on 05/28/2016

We loved having Boogie Down Productions at our wedding. Alex was a pleasure to work with and was happy to talk with me about what music we wanted played at the wedding. The playlist wasn't just standard tunes he made sure to personalize it for our night. My wife is Egyptian and he did a fantastic job of blending Arabic music with modern music and classics. He had the party moving the whole night. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Amber · Married on 06/17/2017

3.8
      3.5

We thought Alex was great. There was a hiccup with our rehearsal and he cancelled the night before. That's why the lower rating on some. However, on our wedding day he came through. He looked professional, acted professional, and stuck to our list of songs.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Boogie Down Beats's reply:

Thank you so much for having me Amber! I know not being able to attend the rehearsal dinner the night before would be worrisome, so I appreciate your understanding and faith in me to still pull through and time the ceremony music correctly! You and Tim had a beautiful wedding and I appreciate being a part of it!

Abby · Married on 06/03/2017

Alex,
    Hello! Sorry it had taken me a while to respond. You were originally supposed to dj our wedding but had another event come up, which was completely fine! We were willing to work with another Dj. Our wedding was June 3rd at Old Town. When you came to meet us we felt awesome, as you were organized and had a plan. You took notes and gave us feedback on the spot. However, when we switched Djs the experience was a bit different. I wrote out the entire timeline for the event with specific song requests and we were really, really adamant about having a great MC to keep the night going. We were afraid of a "lull" in the evening. The evening of the wedding, it did not go very well. On several occasions, the bridal party and parents had to ask him to get things started. Nobody saw us cut the cake and he cut our dollar dance really short. Nobody ever really knew what was happening or when to get food, etc. There was a lot of confusion all the way around. We recently went to another wedding and that dj did excellent with making sure everyone knew what was going on. I rarely provide negative feedback so I hope this does not come across rude I just wanted to let you know a little more about what we had expected. I even requested a specific song for my 4 year old niece and did not hear it for her that night. I would've asked him but was so busy with other things I didn't remember until later. Unfortunately, we had several comments about how our guests did not enjoy the music. Alex, we wish we could've seen you or seen our fill-in take notes and come a little better prepared (he even ran a little late on that day but he did call and let us know so that was good!) I know the fill in is a great dj, but maybe he was not comfortable with the mc aspect and that was really what we were seeking. I hope this was helpful!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Boogie Down Beats's reply:

This is extremely helpful Abby! I am very sorry to hear we didn't provide the level of service you were expecting especially on the day of your wedding, I will be sure to cover MCing more in our company meetings to avoid this in the future. Please feel free to call me and let me know if you have any additional feedback for us 417-501-9955. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, it helps me know which areas we need to work on so thank you!

-Alex Vessey