69 Reviews for Bongo D / Steel Drum Wedding

Sound/PA System (2)
Instrumental-Trio (1)
Music During Breaks (1)
Vocals (1)

We had a wonderful time, the guests loved the tutorial. Sending fun pictures your way of Bongo the Drum player teaching our guests how to play!

Profile Picture Antoinette, 5/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Bongo D was an awesome addition to our beach wedding. He was very flexible with times and location (we had to change venues due to hurricane damage) and I spoke to him several times before the wedding about things like setlist, timing, etc. He was very professional and easy to deal with. Beyond all that, he is an awesome musician. The steel drums were such a nice touch during the ceremony and cocktail hour. We received so many compliments/comments from our guest that he was great. We also have some really cool pictures of our guests playing some of his different instruments with him. Great guy, highly highly recommend.

Profile Picture Derek, 4/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Our guests loved the addition of the steel drums for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He was interactive and very accommodating.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 3/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Sound/PA System, Drums, Instrumental-Solo

Our wedding at The Southernmost Beach Resort was perfect in part thanks to Bongo D!!!! From the solo steel drum to the Trio band at our reception. I highly recommend Bongo D to be a special part of your day!!!! He is absolutely AMAZING!!!!
Much love forever,
Pete & Aimee Stafford

Profile Picture Aimee , 2/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Bongo D was professional and added an element of fun to our rehearsal dinner and welcome party. His performance was exactly as promised and I agree with all of his other great ratings! I reccommend booking him!

Profile Picture Alison, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Duane MADE our wedding rehearsal party for 35 at our family home. His affability and talent were apparent from the first email to the last hug. We would hire him again in a heartbeat! Anne & Mark, Key West

Profile Picture Anne, 11/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Bongo D for our rehearsal dinner. Our venue and food was fantastic, but he made our event! All guests loved him and his music!

Profile Picture Sherie, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

bongo d’s performance was spectacular! He was the perfect addition to add to the environment on our special day with all of our loved ones present I couldn’t have ask for anything better

Profile Picture Curtis, 11/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We love having Bongo D at our annual event. He brings the magic of island music to our party!

Profile Picture liz, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Bongo D is amazing! He is so viberent and awesome on the steel drums. He is personable and easy going. We loved having him for our event at the Marriott Key Largo. Hire him for your event! You will love his talent!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

DO IT! Added such a nice touch to our ceremony on the beach at Fort Zachary Taylor State Park. Bongo D was very helpful and great to work with!

Profile Picture Kristine, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

My guest really enjoyed this band, and said the music was fun, and perfect for our destination wedding celebration! We really enjoyed them!

Profile Picture Christine, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Reception, Drums, Instrumental-Trio

He was great and charming. He was fun and everyone liked him.

Profile Picture Jessica, 1/26/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We got married on 12/10/2016 on at Fort Zach State Beach. I was so happy walking down the aisle listening to the simple and beautiful sound of the steel drums. Bongo D was also very polite and easy to reach through email. Thank you Bongo D!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 12/10/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Drums, Ceremony

I only wish I had more time to listen to Bongo D because he was amazing! He was on time and a joy to have at our wedding!!

Profile Picture Dana, 11/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Bongo D played at my cocktail hour and was awesome! His music gave us the exact feel we were looking for - fun! This was a surprise element for our guests and everyone loved the music and atmosphere he created. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Alisha, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I let my wife decide all the details of our wedding, except for the music. My only one requirement I had was that I wanted steel drums. We were told about Bongo D by our Venue, and we contacted him. He quickly drew up a contract and later on made the planning so easy. When it came time for the wedding, Bongo D was there, set up and ready to go without any issues. During the ceremony and reception he was fantastic, lively, engaging, and perfect for what we had in mind. Everyone at the wedding (including the venue staff) absolutely loved the music and atmosphere Bongo D provided. Bongo D was proffessional, charismatic, cheerful, even let me play his steel drum! I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I would recommend Bongo D to anyone who wants a fun, tropical, and easy going wedding, you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Marcus, 11/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Bongo D is a must have at any wedding, especially a beach wedding. He played the steel drums during the ceremony and cocktail hour. Not one person failed to mention that it was one of their favorite parts of the wedding. He is extremely talented and his music creates a beautiful atmosphere during the wedding. I highly recommend Duane as my wedding would not have been the same without him! He even gets the audience to participate and try out his instruments! A true entertainer and great addition to any wedding!

Profile Picture Simone, 8/27/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumental-Solo, Drums

The guests loved Bongo! He was very accommodating to our needs and provided great entertainment !

Profile Picture Robbin, 7/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Bongo D exceeded our expectations and provided outstanding service for our pre-ceremony/ceremony/reception. From the moment I initially contacted him to the final moments of our wedding, Bongo D was always there to tend to our needs and answer any question. For our beach wedding, he played the steel drums pre-ceremony/ceremony/cocktail hour and the rest of the wedding he helped MC and make announcements. We made our own playlist and plugged in our iPad to his equipment and it worked beautifully. Our beach wedding wouldn't be complete without the steel drums and everyone raved about the ceremony/cocktail hour music he played. I would use Bongo D over and over again and he was such a generous and great person.

Profile Picture User6547576, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Drums, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Microphones, Reception, Sound/PA System

Excellent performance! Everybody loved him! We had a great and fun time! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture User6787714, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Don't just book Bongo D, book is band as well. It was a little more to pay but worth it by far. Our guests were so expressed that we provided a live steel drum band. They are the real deal, look and sound amazing. Reminded us of Bob Marley. They played for 2 hours and with full energy. Don't look for another band in Key West because Bongo D and his band Niceness which consists of 4 additional instruments will be an amazing addition to your wedding.

Profile Picture Diane, 6/18/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Drums, Guitar

Bongo D was absolutely an amazing musician and he was very personable when interacting with our guests. He got guests involved in playing instruments which made our event more fun! Bongo D provided steel drum music for our rehearsal dinner and it really helped create a fun atmosphere for our celebration. Bongo D arrived with plenty of time to set up and his music was incredible. I highly recommend Bongo D as a musician for any wedding event!

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/14/16, 13 Reviews
Category: Band

Bongo D was great to work with from start to finish. He was very responsive and helpful during the planning of the wedding and he did an outstanding job during the ceremony and cocktail hour. He was there right on time and ready to go and really added a great vibe to the wedding ceremony. He kept all of our guests entertained and provided a great back drop of sound during the cocktail hour. We made some good choices for our wedding and having him play was one of the top ones. He also provided microphones for use during the ceremony. He's great. We would highly recommend having him play at your wedding, you will not regret it.

Profile Picture Dee, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews