Bonaventure Resort & Spa Reviews

40 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

40 Reviews for Bonaventure Resort & Spa

Erin · Married on 03/23/2013

We originally signed with Bonaventure when they were owned by the Hyatt. David and his team did such a great job in helping us make a smooth transition! Our day was truly perfect and all of our guests raved about how delicious our food was!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Bonaventure Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you for your review Erin! We loved having your whole family here! Hora Loca was so fun!

This is a truly magnificent venue with implecable white glove service. The staff goes above and beyond their duties to please the customer.

Sent on 03/20/2013

I recently had my wedding reception at the Bonaventure and highly recommend it to everyone for any special occasion. The resort offers everything you’ll need to make your social event an absolute success. Beautiful setting with lovely background scenery, spectacular ballrooms, awesome spa, amazing resort but best of all the most wonderful staff that caters to your every wish.

Thanks to David, Kristin and the entire Bonaventure staff, I had the most fabulous reception due to all their attentive hard work. All I did was let them know what I wanted and they went above and beyond to make it a dream come true, working long hours into the night even though they had started early morning that day, to make sure everything was perfect.

Sent on 03/24/2013

Bonaventure Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you Stephanie for your review! Your wedding was truley one to remeber, the entire staff was honored to be apart of your and Zach's big day!

Gloria · Married on 03/01/2013

As the mother of the bride, I was very involved in all aspects of the reception planning working along David, Kristin, et al. I'm happy to say that I was extremely pleased by how the entire staff at Bonaventure Resort treated us. Everything was done to perfection as we requested and every little detailed perfectly executed. The resort is magnificent, beautiful landscape, amazing ballroom but most importantly is how the entire staff work arduously to fulfill their guests' wishes.
    I already know where we're having my youngest daughter's wedding!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Carol · Married on 12/15/2012

Our daughter was married on December 15, 2012 at the Bonaventure Resort and Spa. From the moment we met David, Kristin, and Erica they made us feel like family. They really understood our vision for the wedding. Many family members and friends informed us that it was one of the most beautiful and memorable weddings they had ever attended. The entire weekend was just spectacular. The staff made our guests feel like celebrities. Words can't express how much we appreciate all they did for us. We have wonderful memories of our daughter's wedding weekend and a few new friends, too!

Sent on 03/19/2013
  • nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/24/2012

Patty Leon was such a pleasure to work with at the country club. She really became such a great help through out the months of me planning.
    She made sure everything just came out right on the day of. It was absolutely perfect! People keep telling me that they had such a great time, the food was the best that they have ever had at a wedding and it was such a great time.
    She is so great to work with, you will just fall for her. She is so attentive and great, every bride will end up loving her and her great staff.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Christine · Married on 10/20/2012

Having our wedding reception at the Bonaventure Country Club is a decision my husband and I would make over and over again! When we first visited the location, it was set-up for a Sunday brunch. Due to our schedules, we never had an opportunity to view it when it was preparing for an evening event. Therefore, we never could see the venue at a time that we could appreciate what it had to offer – but we took the risk anyway. It was worth it! The way the Bonaventure Country Club was transformed was gorgeous! We had our cocktail hour outdoors and the setup was amazing. The food was fantastic – not a single complaint from a single guest about the food! In fact, everyone raved about how good it was and how much there was to eat! The best part – my husband and I were actually able to eat during the cocktail hour AND eat all of our dinner! We were full by the end of the night and so were all of our guests! Patty was fantastic also – she goes above and beyond to make sure the bride and groom have everything they need before and during the reception! Absolutely wonderful. I loved every moment, and would definitely have another event at the Bonaventure Country Club – especially if I can work with Patty again!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Shayna · Married on 06/24/2012

Everyone was awesome and it was the perfect place for our wedding

Sent on 07/16/2012

Michelle · Married on 12/17/2011

This place was amazing! Patty was so helpful and everything was perfect!!!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Stephanie · Married on 03/01/2013

great wedding venue. beautiful location. amazing ballrooms and cocktail hour spaces. exceptional staff that went above and beyond to make my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 03/20/2013

4.2

My wedding was perfect! The staff was helpful and responsive during the planning and the day of the event. The food was wonderful and the Society Lounge was the perfect intimate room for my event.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Toniann · Married on 08/18/2017

2.5

When I first viewed this venue I was in love. I loved the fact that it has such a calming and warm feel to it. Such a beautiful atmosphere. The rain forest and zen garden was the deal breaker. Nikki was the coordnater and she is as sweet as can be. She is very sweet, kind hearted, understanding and helpful. The wedding was perfect and went smoothly and on time. Although, there were many positive things, there were some negatives. From the signing of the contract to the wedding I went through 3 different coordinators. I was never informed that the hotel rooms were not connected to the hotel. There was no air conditioning in the elevators and some of the rooms had a moldy smell to them. My guest were first put all the way on the other side of the buildings. Thankfully Nikki stepped in and made sure all my guests ( about 20 plus rooms ) were all in 2 buildings near the wedding location. They didnt go according to the directions on the set up nor did they start setting up early enough. My step dad did most of the set up and almost missed my wedding. My mother and DJ had to fix all the misplacement of decor. My car was almost stolen by a unautherised tow truck that the venue had no idea what company it was. Thankfuly my step dad was outside as the truck was half under my car. Once my step dad got close enough they took off... had to follow a police report. The worst for me was the BARTENDER. I do not know his name but I had to cut off one of my vendors due to too much drinking. When I told the bartender he assured me that he already spoke to his manager and was on top of it. I spoke to Nikki. The bartender continued to give him drinks and when confronted he said he didnt care that I cut off the vendor. Although, it is the vendors fault by taking advantage of the alcohol. It is also wrong for the bartender to disregarded orders given plus I lost alot of footage due to the intoxication of the videographer. No coffee was served aswel. Which we paid for and was in contract

Sent on 08/23/2017

3.5

The hotel is beautiful. The pool, spa, and the rooms were perfect for all the guests. The only thing that went wrong was the last minute change of the person in charge of the flow of the wedding. After we said our I dos my husband and I had to kick open the doors for the rest of the wedding party since no one was there to open the doors for us. (Funny now but not at the moment). The food was great and so was the cake. Great atmosphere for the perfect day.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Sharon · Married on 05/21/2011

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

I just had my ceremony there. I worked with Patty who responded to emails quickly. I did have an issue with not being able to get ready until about 2 hours before the ceremony, although after a little bit of a debate, they did make an accomodation. Overall, the day was beautiful and everything was arranged as discussed. The bridal suite is also really nice. They helped organize the rehearsal and on the day, everything went very smoothly!!! It was really hot and they provided beverages for us in our golf carts afterward. I am glad I went with them, but would recommend that you have another place to get ready because you can only use bridal suite for 2 hours before the event. I would also make sure things are documented (by email) so that what you discussed is actually in written form. There were great picture opportunities there, particularly a waterfall at hole 3. I would choose them again!!

Sent on 05/22/2011

Bonaventure Resort & Spa's reply:

This Review is Currently being disputed. The review contains information regarding Bonaventure Country Club which is a separate location from the Bonaventure Resort & Spa.
    Thank you.

Ccastillo · Married on 01/11/2020

1.2
      2.0

Very Disappointed

Rooms are runned down, rug dirty, bathroom light switch was filthy & above sink light fixture was faulty causing 2 of 4 light bulbs to be out. Also, we had a block of rooms reserved for my daughter’s wedding party & they booked us all in different buildings scattered across the complex making it very inconvenient especially when getting ready & working with photographer on day of the wedding. Some of the rooms for our group were not even ready at the hotels designated check-in time & front desk staff was a little rude about the delay.

Sent on 01/29/2020