72 Reviews for Bolt Entertainment

Flat Screen (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
Uplighting (1)
69 Bolt Entertainment Reviews

Fantastic! Mike is very personable and organized, his setup was amazing, and his music was perfect for our day. My husband and I were impressed with their service from start to finish! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Donnell, 2/18/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Flat Screen, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Mike did an amazing job! Before the wedding day he made me and my wife feel like we were a priority. Bolt's easy to use web features and event planner gave us the opportunity to find the music we love and help set the tone we wanted for our reception. Bolt also has an online music request feature our guest utilized before the big day. On our wedding day he exceeded our expectations. He kept our guest up and dancing, and everyone has been raving about how great our reception was. Mike is very professional and I believe he genuinely wants to help make your reception a great one. We highly recommend Bolt and we also recommend adding the extra lights and TV’s.

Profile Picture Jeremy, 2/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael and his partner are rock stars! My husband and I were so impressed after our first meeting with Michael. He is extremely professional, crosses every t and dots every i. He really is a wedding coordinator just as much as a DJ, yet his rates cannot be beat for the type of service he provides. We knew we were in good hands from the moment we met with Michael, and our wedding was absolutely flawless. Thank you both SO much!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike was very easy to work with. He helped me customize the perfect package for my small ceremony/reception. He always responded in a timely manner. At first, we decided not to have a first dance, but before the reception started we told him we would like to add that in. He put it in the schedule right away and made it happen. I was very thankful for all he did!! He made everything run smooth and the music was absolutely perfect! I highly recommend Bolt Entertainment!!

Profile Picture Heather, 4/8/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day

Absolutely phenomenal service from Mike! His planning website made me feel so at ease knowing he knew the timeline/details for the ceremony and reception inside and out. Song transitions at the reception were seamless--everyone was on the dance floor the entire night! We highly highly recommend Bolt Entertainment--no need to worry about a cheesy DJ that will flap his jaws all night--he is there to play music that people will dance to!

Profile Picture James, 3/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

Bolt Entertainment is the only way to go if you are in need of professional DJ services. Mike, the owner of Bolt, is extremely organized, punctual, and helpful beyond words. From our very first meeting, I felt at ease, and I felt as though everything was taken care of. I had a backyard wedding, and that can be a total disaster if everything isn't planned to a tee. That's where Mike came in, and that's why I can enthusiastically recommend him to anyone looking to hire a DJ for a special event. He is very personable and responds to emails and/ or calls within hours. One of my personal favorite parts about doing business with Mike was his website. There is a portal where requests can be stored and the timeline of your event can be edited and tweaked as needed. Mike did not miss a single detail at my wedding. The equipment was top-notch and pleasing to the eye (I upgraded to the slimmer Bose speakers- highly recommend doing the same). The volume of everything was also perfect. My guests told me that they could hear our vows and the reverend perfectly, as we had Mike also provide music and equipment for our ceremony. Without Mike, I'm not sure how we would have stayed on schedule. Also, Bolt Entertainment offers payment plans; so, you are not forced to front all of the money at once. We were able to make three payments, and that was so helpful, especially when there are other wedding expenses to take into account. From the very bottom of my heart, I cannot thank or recommend Mike and Bolt Entertainment enough. Having the right DJ for a wedding is crucial, and as far as I'm concerned, he's the only way to go. He was a blast to work with, had the most professional presentation, a positive attitude, and was a calm constant in the storm that is planning a wedding. Look no further... Mike and Bolt Entertainment are THE BEST!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

OMG they are amazing!!! Mike is so awesome along with his staff. He made my wedding so much fun and everyone is still talking about it. Not only was it great music and music selection, Mike is so nice and such a great person to work with. My husband and I were like we need to throw another party just to work with him!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where do I even start? Bolt entertainment made our wedding night a priority. From helping plan a surprise dance, to cutting songs specific ways we wanted they were dedicated to our wants and needs. Mike was hands down an incredible DJ and I had people asking about him from the second he started playing songs. Andy and Mike as a team did more then anticipated and I am forever thankful we picked these guys to work our wedding. You rock!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bolt Entertainment blew us away from the first meeting we had with Mike! We asked him about an idea we had for our grand entrance and was told they could execute that without issue. And boy did they deliver and then some! Their website is so user friendly and cutting edge and it makes the planning process go smooth. Mike was always incredibly responsive and got back to me within 24 hours. The day of couldn't have gone any better. Our guests were blown away by the quality of the music and the flow of the reception. They provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, as well as up lighting for our reception room. I would recommend these guys to anyone who needs a DJ for their event. They are ultra-professional and execute flawlessly. Very impressed by their back-ups and how they are ready to handle anything that day. They are fantastic!

Profile Picture Krysten, 4/4/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Where do I even begin? From the moment we first met with Mike, we knew he would be perfect! He was so professional and organized! His website allows your to customize every detail of your wedding. We met with Mike several times to ensure we had every detail covered. On the wedding day Mike executed a flawless timeline of events. He was there with us every step of the way to make sure our day was perfect and flowed as smooth as possible. He had great ideas to make our wedding fun and unique. Our guests are still commenting on how fun our reception was and how great the music was! My husband is a huge Michael Jackson fan and Mike arranged for a montage of his popular hits to play during our reception! My husband was over the moon! Our ballroom was beautifully lit up with his gorgeous lighting details. His assistant Andy was there throughout the entire reception to ensure a flawless execution of events! We would have been lost without Mike and Andy! We spent a lot of time researching DJ's for our wedding and we can save you a bunch of time by just stopping your search with Mike! We can never thank you enough!
Jesse and Brea

Profile Picture Breanne , 3/28/15, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thank you to Mike and Bolt Entertainment for making our wedding day absolutely perfect. Mike was extremely professional and prepared from the initial meeting to the day of the wedding. Mike kept us on time and was incredibly friendly. He coordinated everything for the night with the other musicians and caterer to make the whole night flow so smoothly. It's clear to see that he has a lot of experience and knows how to keep the party going. We gave some suggestions through his amazing online planning tool and Mike took our preferences to create an amazing dance floor experience! People asked us several times for our playlist! I would highly recommend Bolt Entertainment and couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Profile Picture Jillian, 3/20/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike and his team were awesome! From the first time I spoke with him, I knew that he took special pride in his work and would do an excellent job. His attention to detail was tremendous, and his website planning tools for the timeline and music selection made everything very easy for us - especially since we were planning our wedding from Ohio. Mike was very involved with everything, and made sure that the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all went smoothly. We loved his uplighting and how perfect he spaced it out. We had a side room with a video playing on a loop and he made sure it was perfect and that it fit in with the wedding theme. We are so thankful for Mike and would highly recommend him. Thank you again, you made our night that much more special!!!

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 3/7/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

They did such a great job from planning all the way to the day of the wedding. We were very pleased and highly recommend Bolt Entertainment!

Profile Picture Amber, 3/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We chose Bolt Entertainment as the DJ at our reception and for the music at our ceremony. Mike was amazing. He was very patient and helpful through out our music selections. On the day of our wedding we could not have asked for a better experience from him. He was beyond helpful and made sure the timing of everything at our reception was perfect. We received multiple compliments from family and friends about how impressed they were with his service. I like how he even wore a watermelon pink dress shirt to match with our wedding colors. I highly recommend Mike and Bolt Entertainment for any event!

Profile Picture Gwendolyn, 1/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was the best! He played music from all decades and genres and our dance floor was full the entire time! A perfect mix of top 40 and older classics.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 12/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

To say that Mike and his crew from Bolt Entertainment were instrumental in the success of our wedding would be an understatement! Throughout the entire process Mike was so helpful to this couple trying to do the whole wedding planning thing on our own!
From the first meeting it was so evident how professional, organized, and down to earth Mike is. Mike came prepared with several different options for DJ and lighting services.
After we booked Bolt Entertainment for our Wedding, Mike was what kept us on track for the rest of the planning. The easy to use planning website through Bolt helped us organize our schedule, select songs throughout the entire evening, and get a general feel for how the day would go.
Besides having the event planning site at our fingertips, Mike was easy to get in touch with through the entire process via e-mail, phone, and meeting. Mike met with us again prior to the wedding day at our venue to get a feel for lighting and finalizing details.
On the day of is where Mike and his team really shined! Mike was so efficient setting up the lighting and the sound system, while the rest of us frantically got the space ready for the ceremony and reception.
Mike worked seamlessly with the other vendors to organize the entire evening. Mike organized the wedding party prior to the ceremony, kept guests entertained throughout cocktail hour, and maintained great energy throughout the reception and dance to make sure everyone was having a good time. In addition to the awesome DJ-ing throughout the night the lighting of the space transformed a blank canvas into a stunningly beautiful venue!
I wish that I could put down into words how much we appreciated Mike and his team, because I don't feel like this review gives him justice! But to help put Mike's skills into perspective, our venue has requested the contact information for Bolt to add him to their preferred vendors list because of how impressed they were!

Profile Picture Andy, 12/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the first moment I met Mike, I knew that he would be the perfect DJ for my big day. Me and my husband were both impressed with how knowledgeable and professional he was each time we met with him. Not only was he available by phone and email anytime I needed, he truly went above and beyond to make sure that my wedding went off without a hitch. Do not hesitate to hire Mike for your big day or party, he is amazing.

Profile Picture Bethany, 12/6/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike and his assistant were FANTASTIC to start off. I heard horror stories and have been to a few wedding where the DJ's were awkward and they didn't really know how to connect with the crowd and always needed to be reminded to do the next thing or when to start or stop an even, i.e. cake cutting, dinner, first dance, etc. When we met Mike, we had just gotten engaged and he was our very first vendor we got to meet. Immediately I knew I could trust him. Having a conversation with him was easy and effortless, he understood exactly the direction we wanted to take with our wedding based on what we told him we hoped for. If Mike wasn't at my wedding, I would have lost my mind. Not only was he an AMAZING DJ but he took care of my husband and I throughout the night. From helping us figuring out where the catering company was (he called on behalf of us so we could enjoy ourselves) to letting us know when cake cutting would commence, to offering to get us Starbucks and keeping a drink in our hand. We had many compliments throughout the night on what a great job he and his assistant did and the music was the best! I would definitely recommend Bolt Entertainment to anyone looking for someone that you know will not only meet your expectations on your wedding day, but exceed them. Love you guys!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/29/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a small intimate wedding (50-60) and Mike and his team still care enough to give us the best experience thus exceeding our expectation! They went above and beyond to ensure that everything would be in order and flow smoothly at our wedding. He was professional, friendly/fun and on top of things; great at communicating with us and also with other vendors to ensure everyone's on the same page.

He also has an online music manager system that rocks big time as it helped us to manage songs we want (and don't want) to play at our wedding and our timeline, so make sure you use it.

Most importantly, we had lots of fun with the activities and dances! He helped made it memorable and unforgettable for both of us. I'm so glad we found him as our DJ and highly recommend him to any bride looking for a reliable awesome DJ at a great value. Thank you so much Mike!! You rock :)

Profile Picture Siska, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was so helpful throughout our music planning process. His website is easy to use and made it super simple for us to pick the songs we wanted for our reception. He maintain a professional and friendly demeanor through the entire night and was respectful to my groom and I about any unexpected song requests before playing them. The only reason I gave 4.5 instead of 5 is because when we had a dedication song for my husband's late mother he said her name wrong, but it was just an honest mistake and did not ruin the reception one bit. I was very happy that we chose Bolt entertainment for our wedding :)

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/7/14, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ

This DJ did a phenomenal job. We were able to choose our own songs and pictures for all of the reception and video. He was always prompt in responding to phone calls or emails sometimes even the same day. His attention to detail was reassuring. He was always quick to address any concerns and His up lighting made the room glow like a magical place! It really was amazing! I would defiantly recommend him to anyone that has an occasion they want to turn out really special.

Profile Picture Ramona, 10/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

If Bolt Entertainment is available for the date of your wedding, I would book them immediately. From the day we met Mike, we were completely impressed with his professionalism, his sincerity, and his online management system--which was extra helpful since we were planning our wedding from halfway across the country. He helped us come up with some great song and reception activity ideas, and was completely amenable to all of our song choices for the ceremony and reception, even tracking down the radio edit for LMFAO "Shots" to play as our wedding party was introduced. Mike was more than a DJ, he helped us to plan the entire timeline of the night, and Bolt also provided uplighting for the reception. I honestly can't imagine our wedding day without Mike, not only because of how generously and closely he worked with us prior to the big day, but because he made sure everything stayed on schedule for the wedding. I have zero complaints with Mike or Bolt Entertainment. Bolt impeccably and professionally delivered on every aspect they oversaw at our wedding and completely exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture User3706191, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

BEST DJ EVER!!! He went above and beyond before and on our wedding day. We couldn't stop raving about him and neither could our friends. He drive up to our venue before the wedding just to check it out and on the day of coordinated everything beautifully! Michael even went as far as making us plates so we could eat before everyone else! He provided excellent entertainment and service!!!

Profile Picture Brienna, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had the pleasure of having Bolt Entertainment as my wedding vendor. Mike and Andy are amazing! They took care of everything for me and brought my wedding too the next level. When planning my wedding Bolt Ent was the one vendor we never had to worry about. Mike met with us on music, gave us ideas and was very honest with me about my idea. Their website is extremely easy to use and it helped keep me organized for the entire wedding.
During the wedding weekend they were there for the rehearsal because they wanted to make sure they knew what was going on. They setup the love story, up lighting and all the other wonderful add on options they have. My wedding was outside in the middle of nowhere. They took this small ranch backyard and turned it into a magical and impressive venue. Mike made sure to keep us on track as far as timing and everything went according to plan on the timeline. He dressed to match the occasion and was extremely professional. It was really important to me that everyone at the wedding has a great time and dances all night. Mike made that happen. From the minute we opened the dance floor to when we closed up for the night the dance floor was packed. We got numerous comments on how awesome the DJ and music was. He was able to get people who don't like country music on the dance floor. It was an unforgettable wedding and Mike played a huge role in that.
I also gave him a lot of freedom on what music to play. For a lot of things I told him to play whatever he wanted. I mean, he is the expert right? Well, he definitely proved that he was. The music he chose was perfect for every occasion and he did a stand up job playing things for all types of people.
During the ceremony we had wireless mics, which looks very classy for pictures instead of handing a giant microphone back n forth.
Mike was a joy to work with and absolutely loves his job. Music is and art and Mike has mastered it. Thanks again for such an unforgettable evening!

Profile Picture Crystal, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Bolt Entertainment is phenomenal in all respects! The services provided were top-notch, we especially loved the games during the reception and the monogram Mike and his team put together for us. I would highly recommend Bolt to my friends and family. Bolt is the cream of the crop when it comes to wedding DJ's, no one else comes close. We are so happy that we chose Bolt for our wedding - you should too! They did everything right!

Profile Picture User4141272, 2+ years ago, 1 Review