24 Reviews for Bokeh Lane Photography

Wedding Portraits (2)
Canvas (2)
Second Shooter (1)
Slideshow (1)

Jose was very professional. He accommodated me even though it was last minute. 5/5 stars . I will use again.

Profile Picture Ian, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Nicole and Jose were great! They took amazing photos and thought ahead- even bringing a bottle of champagne to help us celebrate!

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

This review is long overdue. We hired Nicole and Jose for our wedding shenanigans. They were very courteous and accommodating to many requests we had. Not only does Jose have creative superpowers behind the camera, gifted with unique artistry and vision for capturing timeless moments with great lighting and perspective, he is also extremely professional and a joy to work with. And Nicole brings high vibration and energy into his work and that’s what makes the best team.

Jose was our photographer and Nicole was the “director”. We hired them for 2 days, first day was mehendi (pre-wedding celebration) and second day was for the wedding. Nicole went above and beyond to make sure all the guest are out of the way, directed my crazy big family, also, helped us get into poses and helped make adjustments to our position to ensure good posture, angle, symmetry, etc. Both Jose and Nicole are very meticulous and thorough about their work! Jose is a very precise photographer, and he goes in knowing what he wants. My husband and I had no idea on what to expect; however, Jose gave us very clear guidance on how he wanted us positioned, showing us snapshots from his camera and checking-in that we liked what we were seeing. His candids are solid as well, every photo is beautiful, but his targets are posed photos and he is extremely specific in how to compose them. I can't thank them enough for making our special day memorable, and for giving us memorable photos of our wedding. We are so glad we chose Bokeh Lane Photography to capture our memories. If you are looking for wedding photographers in DMV, you deserve to work with them. Trust me, they are the right team to capture your special moments.

Photos
Profile Picture Zoya, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From the moment we spoke with Jose & Nicole we knew we wanted them to photograph our wedding! Their photos are amazing, but what really set them apart was them. We ended up not meeting them until the day before the wedding, when we did a venue walk through, and it was like being with old friends. They made sure to understand our vision for the day and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera to the point that I forgot they were there.

Everyone tells you to slow down and take in your wedding day, but on the day of it flies by in a blink. Jose & Nicole were able to capture our wedding in a way that showed genuine emotions and captured us for who we are. I can not explain how happy we are with their service and the photos of our wedding. I will be using them in the future for all my future needs and hopefully sooner than later!

Profile Picture Ellen, 4/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If there was anything we did right for our wedding day it was hiring Jose and Nicole. From the beginning they were very accomodating, helpful and all around a warm, fun and friendly couple to be around. We met a few times before the wedding to do a walk through at the venue and put together the timeline so when our wedding day finally arrived we felt like our close friends were taking out photos. They captured the energy of the evening and my husband and I look very natural in all of our photos! We gained a valuable friendship and we will be using them again for all of our major life events.

Profile Picture Nancy, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bokeh Lane Photography is in a league of their own. Jose & Nicole are some of the most genuine & kind people with a serious creative eye. We are D.C. transplants, but we wanted photos from where we met in NYC. When we brought this up to them they were more than happy to travel up to New York to take some photos of us; so of course we opted to do this instead of our engagement session! I am so happy that we did this because we ended up going getting shots some spectacular shots with incredible city views! I recommend Bokeh Lane Photography everyone I know because I know they will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Amy, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jose and Nicole are an incredible team to work with and they were so much fun to have with us on our wedding day. Throughout the entire process they were able to accommodate our needs and wants from the features included in our wedding package to figuring out what our photography style was, as we have never had professional photos done before. They made sure we were totally comfortable in front of the camera and you can tell in our photos just how much fun we were having! We will be using them for everything in the future, they truly are great!

Profile Picture Alicia, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I could not have asked for a better photography duo then Jose and Nicole. We knew we were in great hands since the initial consultation with Jose to the day of the big event! Professionalism is an understatement with the team at Bokeh Lane Photography, in that they not only met our expectations but far exceeded them, by providing a personal touch to the experience of photographing and forever preserving the memories of our wedding! At the end of the night, not only were we extremely satisfied with the unique shots devised by the team, but we felt as though we gained a new set of friends!

Profile Picture Delshad, 9/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot begin to say enough nice things about Jose, Nicole and their great service. My (now) husband hired Jose in December of 2015 to capture our proposal. Since then Jose and Nicole have take our engagement photos and most recently our wedding. They are a fantastic duo and capture the most incredible moments that you would not imagine. The whole day of getting ready shots to the end of our reception they were there. At our reception we did not even notice they were there. They capture all moments while not interfering with anything taking place almost becoming invisible. haha My husband I LOVE all of our photos and are having a hard time choosing our favorites. We look forward to many many more photos sessions with them throughout the years to come. Jose and Nicole are very professional, courteous, responsive and in a way become family. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jose was very professional and easy to work with. He did a fantastic job with capturing every aspect of our special day. Overall, we had a great experience with Jose and would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Kate, 11/21/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Prints, Save the Date

Jose is an incredible photographer! He is extremely professional and made the entire process easy and comfortable, which was so appreciated as many of you know wedding planning can get quite stressful! His creative ideas and attention to detail truly showed in our engagement and wedding photographs! Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

As a catering business owner myself and knowing the importance of hiring the right people to handle stages of any special event , We chose Jose Ruiz to be our photographer for our wedding, held on Sept of 2015. After meeting Jose at my best friends wedding the previous year, and seen examples of his work and discussing his experiences, I felt Jose was the best choice for us to hire to capture and handle all stages of photography for our big and most important day of our lives. And we were right!!
Jose is a true professional, enthusiastic, reliable and creative. I highly recommend Jose (Bokeh Lane Photography) to anyone that would want their special wedding day memories to be captured at its best.
Thanks, Pedro A.

Profile Picture Pedro, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Service was awesome! Jose did an amazing job capturing our special day. He was extremely accommodating and helpful throughout the process. We would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture User6617165, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jose is one of the best photographer i have worked with. We hired him as our wedding photographer. Our venue was in Cambridge MD ( about 2 hours away ) he still came on time and did everything . Very professional, and I was very pleased with his service. Thank you Jose!

Profile Picture Julie, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot

We could not be any happier with Jose and his service. We were not looking to have an engagement shoot done because we are not used to being in front of the camera and can be pretty shy and uncomfortable. An engagement shoot is included in every package and with good reason. With Jose's advice, we decided to step out of our comfort zone and scheduled our engagement shoot and this made a huge difference in our overall experience. Jose was very friendly and professional but as you can already assume we were pretty shy at first. By the time our engagement session was finished we felt like we were models doing our everyday thing. When our wedding day came, being in front of the camera felt normal to us. Jose's personality and professionalism made us feel very comfortable and you can see that in ever single image that he provided. Our wedding set looks GREAT!!! You cannot tell in any image that I do not like being in front of the camera. We are actually expecting a baby soon so we also going to have our maternity photos done through him. We highly recommend Jose to future brides and grooms and we are going to contact Jose for all of our future life events.

Profile Picture Angie, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning

I would advice them to hurry up and book this vendor... They are amazing at what they do. Very Professional. They capture all of the amazing moments throughout the ceremony. I absolutely love them!!!

Profile Picture Danyel, 8/28/14, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Albums, Prints

Working with Jose was so amazing. You want the perfect photographer for your wedding day, and you just want everything to be perfect, and he did exactly that. Every shot he captured was pure happiness and he definitely helped me feel comfortable. Whats great is i met him in college, i watched him grow as a photographer and he is absolutely amazing!! I would recommend him to anybody looking for a wedding photographer. 5 stars easy!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

If I could give them even more stars I would.

First, Jose is great at answering his emails. He usually responds from within a few hours to a day at the latest. He is extremely nice and energetic over emails. I (unfortunately) never had the experience to speak with him over the phone. Emails were good enough for me since it was the most convenient. He helped us organize for our shooting locations for our engagement shoot and pre-wedding ceremony shots.

He's super funny, quirky, and is still very professional. His creativity really shines when he is in his element. He's super fun and engaging.

At our wedding, Jose and his team were on time. Everyone at our wedding was complementing on how great of a person he was and he was very patient with everyone when taking group shots when the kids would not stay still. We can't stop watching the highlight reels/photos. They are simply wonderful!

To date, Bokeh Lane Photography has been worth every penny.

Profile Picture User6615927, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I used Jose for my engagement photos and my pictures turned out absolutely stunning. Jose and his team were professional and they put me at ease. There were times I did not even know he was taking pictures and that was a big plus for me because I felt comfortable. He is great to work with, patient, and really took time to listen to our ideas. He captured very special moments that I will forever cherish. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for someone who will understand you, make you comfortable, and take stunning photos. His photo quality is out of this world! I wish I would have booked him for my wedding, but I had already booked and paid for a different photographer.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Jose and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with. The day of the wedding we barely noticed that he was there yet we received a wedding set that included every single important moment and detail. He was very professional every step of the way and his work truly speaks for itself.

Profile Picture Maria, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Save the Date, Thank You Cards, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning

Jose knew what ideas I wanted for my photos and made them come to life! I love all his work and how all the pictures are so bright and elegant.

Profile Picture Ros, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Had a great experience with Jose for our engagement session in the spring. He and Nicole suggested several locations that would work well with the theme of our wedding, and updated us on locations that might not work out after having driven by them more recently (ex: cherry blossoms losing their blossoms). At the session, Jose was very open to ideas to make our photos our own. The photos turned out well and look very professional, and our 'save the date' card has one of their photos front and center! Very pleased with it. The one thing we wished for that didn't happen was to have the second photographer there to take more candid photographs, as we love those, but she was unable to make it that morning. However, Jose was kind enough to stay late with us to take extra photographs and inspired us to run with our ideas! Both Jose and Nicole were very responsive and helpful.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bokeh Lane Photography was very helpful during the wedding planning process and provided very supportive service during both our civil and religious ceremonies. They are flexible, affordable, high-quality photographers. We were very grateful to see how beautifully they captured so many of the precious yet fleeting moments that occurred before, during and after our ceremonies. We would recommend Bokeh Lane Photography to anyone looking for a genuine and talented pair to photograph your big day(s)!

Profile Picture Maria and Saul, 1/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files