Boise State University Reviews

Boise State University View more information

• Theresa
    Theresa Married on 05/23/2015
    The most gorgeous venue I could have imagined. The staff was helpful and communicated with us and our wedding coordinator well to make the evening wonderful.
    Mila Married on 02/28/2015
    Most beautiful view in the city! Our winter wedding was perfect and the view from the Stueckle Sky Center windows has a lot to do with it. Amazing backdrop, but also the rooms we had the wedding and reception in were beautiful too. We had a big wedding and they were able to accommodate 376 guests with lots of space, a buffet line that moved quickly, and delicious food and drinks. If you want a wedding with a view then look no further!
    Stacey Married on 11/22/2014
    Growing up in Boise and being a graduate of Boise State, I have often passed this quaint chapel thinking it would make the perfect wedding venue. I was right! My husband and I were married here in November of 2014 and I could not be happier with our choice. The price is amazing ($50 and hour, say what?!) and although our group was small (10 people) it could easily fit a nice group! The building is well kept, the stained glass is beautiful, the alter (love!), the dark wood, the whole deal-- it all provided a lovely backdrop for the ceremony/pictures. Oh! and you can ring the bell afterwards! : )
    Rochelle Married on 08/02/2014
    Booking the venue was easy and at a great value! This is a do it yourself venue. No one was there to greet us when we arrived. You must have someone stay until someone returns to lock the doors which was difficult with our small wedding. No one warned us of this, I assumed someone would be there as we only had it an hour.
    Niki Married on 07/14/2013
    Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and we were so thankful that we were able to have this facility for our big day. The only problem I had with this facility was that the transportation department had given us parking permits for the wedding day with a dedicated rehearsal time on them, however, the operations and maintenance department did not have a rehearsal time set aside for us. So to anyone that uses this facility be sure to have both departments communications verified.
    Darra Married on 04/12/2014
    Parking was a bit of a pain. Our wedding fell on the day of BSU spring scrimmage, I paid for 30 parking spots, only 10 were reserved and turned out parking was free. I was highly annoyed about this. The chapel itself is beautiful, clean, and great! We were able to pick our date and time for ceremony and rehearsal easily. Organ didn't work and keyboard only partially which was also a tad annoying after we paid someone to play. Over all, great cheap option.
    Guy Married on 10/10/2015
    Venue was great and helped with the overall atmosphere we wanted. Catering was apart of venue service which was somewhat confusing and conflicting information was provided. Overall, it worked and we were satisfied with everything else from beverages in the suites for wedding party to access to the facility the day of and day after the wedding.
  • User1715822 2+ years ago
    We just had our wedding here and I absolutely loved it. You do have to use them for pretty much everything including cake, catering, alcohol, but to me that was the best part because I didn't have to search everywhere to find these things. I worked with Cindy from catering and she was amazing, every time I made a change...which was often...she was right on top of it. Jentry was amazing as well with my room design. I did receive some of my decorations late, but it all worked out just fine. Oh and their food is sooooooo good...no complaints from any of my 300 guests. The cakes that they make are also amazing, we just ordered sheet cakes from them and brought in our own outside cake for me and my husband to cut and that is allowed without an extra expense. Overall I loved the venue and could not have asked for better! I highly suggest trying to work with Cindy and Jentry from the get go, some of the other people were not as good as those two!!
  • User1118101 2+ years ago
    Great view and awesome place for a wedding but... and I stress the but...
    You will have to do everything, and I mean everything through the Stueckle. You may not use your own cake vendor without them being licensed and on the pre-approved list. You will need to contact everyone separately to get anything done; call parking to find out about renting the lot, call catering, and everyone charges you for every little thing. You want to use the TV's that's an additional $XX, oh and you'll need someone to run them for you $XX, don't forget the cake cutting fee that you can't get around (even with cupcakes or paperplates) $XX. Everything is unorganized, our view included construction that no one told us about and parking was cut in half due to construction as well. Then one of the dad's was able to tack on an extra $750 for more kegs ($350 a piece) without anyone saying anything to us (the ones who get billed for it). How can the people paying not be included in a $750 decision?
    Brianna Married on 06/14/2017
    My wedding was a mess. There was a graduation the day of my wedding and no one told me. So i get to the venue and im almost late because the parking is all messed up. And cars are bumper to bumper. My guests had no idea where to go becuase the people directing traffic were sending them in opposite directions. I did not feel valued as a customer or bride. And when all was said and done wanted to forget about my whole wedding .

Boise State University's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. We understand your frustration with your parking and with graduation being on the same day as your event. We are working with parking to find a solution with your invoice.