27 Reviews for Bodamaestra- Hablamos tu idioma!

User Photos
Event Design (2)
Cultural (2)
Non-Religious (2)
26 Bodamaestra- Hablamos tu idioma! Reviews

We didn't think we would need a planner for my daughter's wedding at Morais Vineyard and Winery in Bealeton, Virginia. However, the venue required one, and we quickly found Esme to be invaluable. She helped run interference with vendors, kept us on our timeline, put up with my somewhat specific decor plans and saved the day when, six weeks out, we went from "we'll do the flowers" to "we can't possibly do the flowers." (Her arrangements and bouquets were stunning.) Try to schedule your pre-wedding walk-through when Esme can personally attend (she's obviously booked most Saturdays) to take advantage of her good ideas. She kept the pre-wedding prep, ceremony and reception running like clockwork and at the end of the night very quickly had everything boxed up and ready for loading into our vehicles. That alone would have made her services worth every penny. We got to move on to a post-party instead of spending hours on tear down. Ours was a destination wedding -- the bride and groom were temporarily living nearby and none of the rest of us were from the area. Esme's recommendations and contacts made everything go smoothly in spite of that.

Profile Picture Diane, 12/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Esme and would highly recommend her (despite a couple of hiccups) to anyone planning a wedding.

I hired Esme as a month-of-coordinator (though I wish I had hired her to plan my own wedding). (Side note - hiring a month-of-coordinator was worth every penny - there is no way the wedding day would have gone as easy and seamless (and worry-free for me) without one).

Esme is warm and very down-to-earth, patient -- and I appreciated that she reacted positively to my out-of-box ideas. She is also very responsive (I usually heard from her within a few hours) and organized. She uses an online site called Aisle Planner - and it is amazing! It is basically a site that both she and I had access to where we could upload everything (contracts, ideas, notes, deadlines), and was a very efficient way of keeping each other up to date on wedding planning. I was able to even add my Mom to the site, so that she was able to stay updated on the wedding plans also. Esme is very creative - she had lots of unique and inexpensive ideas for personalizing my wedding. I really appreciated having Esme to coordinate and confirm with vendors (and do many other helpful tasks) the last weeks before the wedding. It is a stressful time and it helps to have a professional to lean on.

On the day of the wedding, Esme and her assistant were invaluable. From coordinating the arrival of the bridal party, to ensuring the vendors were setup correctly, to dealing with guests questions, checking on me at the hotel while I was prepping, wrangling relatives for the photos, keeping us on time....and so much more. She and her assistant were incredibly helpful. There were a couple of minor hiccups (e.g., forgetting to turn on the music during the reception) - but no wedding day is absolutely perfect anyway.

Profile Picture User7395878, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Religious

We found Bodamaestra by researching for bilingual wedding planners online and through that we came across her website and her other social media pages such as Facebook, WeddingWire & the Knot.  There really weren't any hesitations to hire her at first except for what she was charging but we are so glad we moved forward with her services; it was well worth it! The key element when hiring Bodamaestra was that she was bilingual and had been doing weddings for quite some time now. Bodamaestra's wedding website also gave us a great insight about their services. We really appreciated her very fast turnaround responses, her friendliness mood, was a great resource in every aspect (had recommended vendor list, ideas, etc.), always had the right questions to ask us, and always had a smile on her face. Will definitely recommend Bodamaestra to our friends and family. Esme was very flexible and always easy to get a hold of. Also she was very organized and knew what it takes to plan a wedding (I had 250 guests). One tool that we loved was Aisle Planner. The table seating feature was amazing, so simple to use. The checklist and schedule was also very helpful. Overall, BodaMaestra's wedding planning services were great! Thanks so much Esme!

Profile Picture Lilian, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Esme came highly recommended to us by our wedding venue Morais Vineyards. Hiring Esme was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. We had a vision of what our perfect day would consist of and with Esme’s help, our vision become a reality. Throughout the entire project Esme guided us in every element of the planning. Her attention to detail and careful consideration of every one of our suggestions and ideas was clearly seen throughout the entire wedding. Whether it was through face-to-face meetings, text message, video calls or email, she always made herself available to answer/put us at ease with any questions/concerns we had. Her ability to bring to life all of her ideas and suggestions was truly remarkable. She also constantly looked for ways to ensure that we were getting the best value out of our budget. Whether it was performing DIY items herself, she went above and beyond to make sure our day would be perfect. When it came to assembling the team of vendors, her selection consisted of an incredibly talented team of people that loved what they do and provide exceptional service. On the day of the wedding, Esme was on top of every detail. When we had to switch up our ceremony to be inside instead of outside due to the weather, she orchestrated the change without skipping a beat. The setup inside turned out just as stunning as the outside. Esme worked relentlessly all night so all we had to do was sit back and enjoy our day. At the end of the wedding, all of our friends and family couldn’t stop raving about how amazing everything had turned out; without Esme’s help that wouldn’t have been possible. She is extremely talented at what she does and will make your wedding day that much more special. Esme made us feel like we were more than just her clients but instead family and we couldn’t be more thankful for all of her amazing work. We Love you Esme!
Sincerely Jheraldine and Eloy

Profile Picture Jheraldine, 5/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Cultural, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Edgar and I are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Esme, she went above and beyond to bring my vision to life! It was worth every dime in hiring her.

Sincere thanks and gratitude Edgar and Cindy Hidalgo

Profile Picture Cindy, 2/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Bodamaestra was recommended to me by wedding venue and I am so grateful for that! I chose to work with Esme after meeting with several coordinators. It was clear that Esme offered quality services at a great price, and she was easy to talk to, did not pressure me in any way, and was just wonderful to be around! I chose only day-of services, but was able to meet with Esme twice before the wedding. And Esme and I communicated on a regular basis via email. She was always accessible and easy to talk to! Esme got to know both me and my fiance and walked us through everything we would need to know for the big day. She provided software that made coordination of all the details very easy. She sent reminders of things I needed to do in the weeks leading up to the wedding. And she answered all of the questions I had as we got closer to the wedding. Esme & Malia both know what they are doing and made everything happen seamlessly. On my wedding day, I never once had to wonder what time it was or worry about what might need to happen next. I knew that Malia was taking care of everything. Esme & Malia truly made my wedding day perfect. I couldn't be more thankful, and I cannot recommend Bodamaestra more highly.

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/17/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

Working with Esme was great and much needed for our wedding! She was very helpful beforehand to make sure things were organized, well thought out and to take ideas and translate them into actual personal touches and real parts of our big day. She arranged face to face meetings and also did some things with me online to help make the process meet our busy schedule - she was flexible and able to draft up plans for us to feel organized and prepared. On the day of our wedding, she was so soooo helpful as I asked her for a ton of favors - last minute things here and there, to check on this or that, and check in with me throughout the event to make sure we were doing well with timeline and guests seemed happy, etc... We were so happy we had Esme there and we also truly appreciated her thoughtfulness and assistance from start to finish. We were so happy with how our wedding turned out and I very much attribute a lot of the success of the day to Esme, her work, and her assistant too!! Recommend this service highly to brides that are holding their event at their home (like we did on our family farm), are unsure or not confident about the whole planning a wedding process on their own or in general, or if they just want to point of contact throughout the event to manage various situations that almost always arise on wedding day! We really had a smooth and successful wedding day because of the coordinated and well thought and planned out work we did with Esme - we are so grateful!!

Profile Picture Cheyenne, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Meeting and getting to work with Esme as my wedding coordinator was just a pleasure. As I started planning my wedding I thought I was going to be able to handle all by myself. When my husband and I selected a venue, we were informed that one of the requirements was to have a coordinator for the day of the wedding and Morais Winery had Bodamaestra in the list of their preferred vendors. I spoke to a few others over the phone but felt more comfortable with Esme not only because we were both Latinas but she is just a sweet person that made me feel so comfortable since our first conversation over the phone. On our first meeting, I realized that I not only needed a coordinator for the day of the wedding but I needed Esme! She gave me a list of things I did not think of before but were important. After our meeting, she helped with reminders and her website was a huge help to stay in track. During the wedding, she was very good about keeping to schedule and adapting accordingly. If you need a coordinator, Esme is the best, not only does she do an amazing job, but also super sweet and very professional.

Profile Picture Viviana, 8/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Although Esme advertises her services as "day-of wedding coordination," she helped me from the start of the planning process. She kept me on track with all of the things that needed to be done, she helped me schedule meetings with the vendors and accompanied me to those meetings, she gave me many ideas for the ceremony and reception, and also coordinated with all of the vendors to determine the wedding schedule. In addition, she provided excellent vendor recommendations. Esme was organized, responsive, very personable, and always so helpful! It can seem daunting to plan a wedding, but Esme put me at ease. My wedding was absolutely beautiful, and I couldn't have asked for a better day. I highly recommend Esme!

Profile Picture User7155634, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Initially Patrick and I were not going to hire a coordinator because we had not budgeted for the cost of one. But a few weeks before the wedding we decided that it would be essential. Our venue coordinator at 2941 Restaurant , Michelle Marquez, told us about her. I felt like Esme never really pushed me to do anything, she acted more as a guide the entire time - which is exactly what I needed. Esme helped me feel way more organized about the day leading up and I was never worried I was overlooking or missing anything. I would definitely recommend working with her. I’m really glad that we had the chance to meet and work together. Esme was great at staying in touch with me and being on top of things without ever seeming overwhelming, which I much appreciated! I could not have pulled it off without you - thank you SO much for all of your help!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Bodamaestra to manage our Month-of wedding. Initially, we had some concerns since she is based in Virginia and didn't have much experience with our Rockville-based vendors. Esme prepared excellently well in advance of our wedding date. I liked the option that if she needed to be in heavy contact with Javi's family it would be easier since she’s bilingual. It was very clear to us that she prepared (other vendors were letting me know you had visited or called before I had to ask). Esme also worked very independently and I had to get involved very minimally in the small details of the day. I could trust Bodamaestra to execute our plans. We would absolutely recommend her services, in fact, we already have! When working with Esme rest assured that her preparation in advance of the wedding will go beyond than expected. She anticipated issues early on and cut down on stress in the period leading up to the wedding itself.

Profile Picture User5205358, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines

Esme was AMAZING throughout the entire process. We originally thought we were not going to hire a coordinator, but i'm glad that we hired Esme to assist us in coordinating our wedding. She was extremely detail oriented and responsive, while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor. I cannot thank her and Malia, her assistant, enough for their dedication and hard work towards our wedding day.

Profile Picture KristinMarie, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Esme Krahn is a thorough and competent wedding planner. Her service to us made all the plans come together in a timely, precise and professional way. She took care of all the behind- the- scene details of our wedding day in such a way that it turned out seamless. Her bilingual, Spanish and English, skill made a great difference in communicating with our extended family and friends. Esme supplied the perfect network of vendors and venues based on our needs and budget. She suggested affordable elegance with a personal touch that resulted in an unforgettable and unique wedding. With our strongest approval, we highly recommend her services for your wedding!

Profile Picture Lucy, 12/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Esme filled in as our day-of-coordinator for our October 31st wedding. We had a very unique situation in that our original wedding planner was pregnant and required a C-section just days before our wedding. Luckily, we knew in advance that this was likely to happen, and our wedding planner put us in touch with Esme about a month before the wedding so that she could take over.

Esme was brought in at the 11th hour and still managed to pull everything together for us. I couldn't believe how seamless everything was on our wedding day. Esme was incredibly professional, efficient, and easy to work with. Our family and friends had a great time and my husband and I felt like everything flowed together so easily. I expected to be stressed out the day of the wedding, but we ended up having the best day because Esme made it all feel so easy! I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/31/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

I had about 6 months to plan my wedding, had barely just in time booked a venue and was a deer in the headlights on what to do next. My then fiance who is American thought it would be interesting/helpful to have a wedding planner that would understand my Mexican-American background and help incorporate tradition to our wedding. From the first visit Esme was the greatest! Our personalities clicked and although I thought that i had no idea what i wanted to do, she made it clear that i actually did. She assisted from that day forward on keeping me within budget, recommending every vendor and pretty much giving her word that everything would go well. I must say, although i hired her as a partial planner, she did a TON for me and i will forever be thankful. The week of my wedding we had a family death and because we were on schedule before i was able to take a mental break from planning and Esme assisted with completing the last minute ceremony programs. Her assistance was extremely helpful and made the day of be perfect, not letting me know of the mishaps that were occuring with the venue coordinator; she handled it all. It is now three weeks later and i still get complimented on how amazing everything was, how professional all the vendors were and just how great of a time everyone had. She accepts all feedback, meets with you in person and really makes you comfortable that your special day is in good hands. I would recommend her to EVERYONE not just my latino friends. She really is that amazing and worth so much more than her contract!!! Thanks again Esme!!!
-Cristal

Profile Picture Cristal, 10/3/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Cultural, Religious

Esme definitely has been one of the best aspects of wedding planning! Esme always made herself available to us at all times! I couldn't believe it--night or day, she was ready to answer any questions we had. Esme was so incredibly professional and was so enthusiastic about working with us. The one thing that Esme did to set her apart from other vendors is that she literally went above and beyond her duties to prepare us for the wedding. She was only our day-of planner, but she could've very well been a full planner for our wedding! In addition, the evening before the wedding, Esme even created stamp cards for all of the guests at the wedding to indicate their meal choices, which was a huge help since that was a complete personal oversight! To top things off, Esme even put all the place cards together for our rehearsal dinner, dropped them off at the restaurant, AND arranged them in front of each place setting. Esme shouldn't be called a wedding coordinator, but a hero. I love her so much! If I could get married again, I would definitely pick Esme as our coordinator.

Profile Picture User4591701, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Esme was wonderful to work with! She helped us make our dream wedding come true. I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of and i'd highly recommend her to everyone.

Profile Picture User4664221, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Esme was very energetic and upbeat upon meeting her in person. She was ready with ideas and suggestions for every question we had.

Our only unforeseen issue was that she did not deal with decorations that required a ladder or electricity. We dealt with this by hiring a handyman to put up our outdoor decorations.

Her price fit with our budget, and this was what initially made us want to hire her, but after speaking with her and hearing about her experience and thoughtful suggestions, we felt sure about hiring her.

Esme is EXTREMELY responsive. I wrote her numerous emails with questions and issues, and she would always answer within 24 hours, but more often within just 2 or 3 hours. She is experienced and very knowledgeable about everything wedding-related, from vendor contracts to tan line-related emergencies :).

I would definitely recommend Esme's services to anyone, but particularly to Hispanic couples. Esme is schooled in Hispanic and Latino traditions, and her ability to speak both English and Spanish came in handy more than a few times with family members at the wedding. Also, being a Type A Bride, I found it comforting that she was so responsive and organized.

The website I used through Esme, AislePlanner, was an excellent tool that helped me stay organized and keep track of numerous timelines and checklists. It was easy to use and was also helpful in communicating decoration ideas to Esme through photos and notes.

Profile Picture User4191872, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Boda Maestra was recommended by our venue "Morais Vinyard". They have previously worked with Boda Maestra and is an approved event/wedding planner who is bilingual and has many years of experience. At first we hesitated to hire an event planner because we did not know if we could afford it, but it was totally worth the price. Esme made sure that our month of wedding was stress free and even provided us with a website called Aisle Planner in order to upload our vendor contracts, wedding timeline, pictures etc. Because of this, we decided that it was worth the price. The best part of working with Esme is that she was very flexible, understood our needs and even was available to facetime in order to follow up. I would recommend the services because Esme is very easy to communicate with, and at no moment did she looked stressed, upset or worried. Keep in mind that our ceremony was outside, they called for 65% chance of rain and we only had less than 3 hours to set up. Nonetheless, everything went perfectly and it was a great wedding!

Profile Picture Selena, 6/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had no hesitations about hiring BodaMaestra to help us with the coordination of our wedding; we had a good overall impression the first time we met. Esme was recommended by another vendor we met a bridal fair event. She put a lot of hard work in creating our schedule; she was very helpful in tracking all pre-wedding tasks so we didn't have to worry about the schedule for the day. Esme is extremely sweet and really cares about what the Bride and Groom wants, very accessible via email, phone and Skype. She also recommended us a flower vendor, which we loved!

Profile Picture Cristian, 5/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Trabajar con BodaMaestra fue excelente, nos topamos por casualidad por correos intercambiados por nuestro fotógrafo, ella estaba ahí y decidí contactarla; fue corazonada que debía seguir y luego de hablar con Esme sentí tanta tranquilidad que debiamos contratarla. Fue en corto tiempo pues mi boda sería en menos de dos meses, pero BodaMaestra me brindo toda la información e ideas para decorar mi boda. No teníamos un presupuesto muy grande, pero la agilidad con que Esme brindaba ideas fue increíble.
Mi boda fue pequeña pero muy acogedora, la mayoría de los invitados sino fueron todos hablaron de lo hermoso que quedo todo.

Profile Picture Lina, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I can’t begin to explain how happy we are to have hired BodaMaestra as our wedding’s day-of coordinator. Hands down one of the best decisions we made. Esme was kind, professional, organized, thorough, detail-oriented, and did everything she could to make sure the day was absolutely perfect. She met with us several times over Skype (we live out of state) and in person when we were in town. She was extremely prompt in her responses and helped ensure that all vendors were on the same page. Her experience as a wedding planner is clear and evident and helped ensure that everything was perfect. All of our guests were impressed with her kindness and ability to make everyone feel calm and welcomed. Our wedding was special because everything happened in the same location: ceremony, cocktail, and reception were all at St Francis Hall. Esme did a fantastic job helping us plan and execute the most efficient way of flowing our guests and making the venue look its best. Everyone was extremely impressed with the organization and flow of our event. During setup, Esme took great care to make sure that the caterer and vendors knew exactly where they needed to be, and paid close attention to every detail. The fact that she speaks both English and Spanish perfectly was a godsend for us. We had several guests from Argentina who spoke little to no English so having Esme was perfect so that everyone felt comfortable and at home. It also helped my mum and I who, when we get a bit nervous, switch into Spanish without realizing it. No matter what we were saying, whether in English, Spanish, or just frantic motions, Esme understood us and was ready to help. We cannot thank her enough for everything she did to make our day more beautiful, memorable, and perfect than we ever could have imagined. Estuvo perfecto! I highly recommend Esme and BodaMaestra to every bride out there. Don’t even hesitate, it’ll be the best wedding decision you’ll ever make.

Profile Picture Crisy, 10/11/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I hired Esme as a day of coordinator for our June wedding and were very fortunate that we found her as we were expecting many relatives from Mexico and needed someone who was bilingual. Esme was overall very professional, organized, responsible and great at multitasking. She was great at problem solving as well, for our rehearsal for example the church coordinator never showed up, but Esme was quick to take over and improvise. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a coordinator/planner, she really made our special day enjoyable as we never had to worry about anything not going the way we planned, my husband and I never even had to check the time! Esme was always there when we needed her and on point with everything we asked for. She really was the perfect coordinator for us!

Profile Picture Emmy, 6/28/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

By far the BEST money spent. We hired Esmeralda from Bodamaestra the last month of our wedding planning process. Esmeralda is very professional, super responsive, and went above and beyond her duties. We had a lot of things happen last minute and she was there to help find vendors last minute and then the day of, made sure everything was running smoothly. Anytime I had a question, she would respond right away. She took lots of notes when we met and kept all the event information organized in a binder to make sure we were getting everything we had outlined in our contract. She also reached out to other members of the wedding party to make sure they knew what they had to do and where they should be. She is very great at taking feedback and tailoring it to what you need for your event. Very helpful before and also the day of the wedding. Overall, I can't stress enough how amazing she is!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/26/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Esme's services for the last couple of months of our wedding planning and her help and advice made all the difference. She was professional, flexible and highly organized.
She met we us several times before the wedding to make sure she understood our wishes and to help us make decisions about important details.
On the day of the wedding she helped make sure everything ran smoothly and according to our plans. She was thoughtful, considerate and detail-oriented.
Our guests were mostly hispanic but our vendors were not and the fact that Esme is bilingual was the icing on the cake!
We had a beautiful wedding and couldn't have done it without her. We would recommend Esme of Bodamaestra to anyone planning a wedding. Gracias Esme!

Profile Picture HECTOR AND MARINA, 7/10/10, 1 Review