BoCakes Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Sydney
    Sydney G. Married on 10/16/2021

Fabulous baker!!

Kathy at BoCakes did an AMAZING job on my wedding cake and desserts. She made my visions come to life with a gorgeous cake that exceeded all of my expectations. I wanted a cake that was classic and romantic but also featured mushrooms, which I have a PhD in. She totally nailed it. The cake was also super delicious and so were the desserts (we ordered red velvet cake balls, chocolate covered cheesecake bites, snickerdoodles, and chocolate chip cookies). All of our desserts were gone so fast. Everyone LOVED them. We also had so much fun at the cake tasting and that you can make each tier different and that you can choose up to 9 cakes and 6 fillings. We went crazy with our flavors - the bottom layer was chocolate covered in praline cream, then marble covered in cream cheese mousse with strawberries topped with funfetti. The second tier was vanilla topped with whipped cream and blueberries, then lemon cake topped with cream cheese mousse with strawberries, then vanilla. The third tier was chocolate covered with chocolate mousse with kit kats, then marble cake, then chocolate mousse with butterfingers, then chocolate cake. I only got to try tiers one and three but they were delicious. I was told that the second tier was really good too. All of the desserts were delicious, the display she made was gorgeous, the cake was stunning, and Kathy was super easy to work with. Her prices are reasonable and she includes a free cake to use for your 1 year anniversary so that you don't have to waste freezer space with cake/eat 1 year old frozen cake. I cannot wait to eat our cake again at our one year anniversary!
  • Veronica
    Veronica Married on 06/14/2020

Cake tasting

My fiance and i went cake tasting here and it was wonderful! Such a great experience. Lots of options and all of which were given to us to taste!!!
    Monica T. Married on 01/09/2019

BoCakes is magic!

Kathy delivered the cake of our dreams during our 9/1/19 wedding at Galway Downs. She was able to marry my love for chocolate and my husband’s penchant for not overly sweet desserts in our 4 tier sumptuous chocolate, marble, red velvet, vanilla chiffon masterpiece complimented by a multitude of incredible fillings like cookies and cream, cream cheese mouse, lemon and strawberry and praline and strawberry. The chiffon was light and airy and the flavors were very distinct from one another yet worked liked a magical symphony.
    Rebecca Married on 04/05/2018
    We have nothing but positive things to say about BoCakes! (Same as all of our guests!!) You are essentially able to create your own custom cake…. Meaning, you can choose a different layer, filling, etc. for every single tier of your cake. This is awesome, if you have some people with nut allergies, but you also know that half your family love praline/pecan's, etc.
    For the cake tasting, you get to try every cake flavor, every filling available, and can mix and match however you please! We thought we would be somewhat limited to choosing from staple options (as most bakeries have), but not with BoCAkes, Our wedding cake was a completely custom cake, which we loved, and so did our guests!

We chose to do our top and bottom tier the same (a mixture of red velvet, marble, etc.) and the middle tier included praline filling and some other cake layers for those who were not chocolate/red velvet fans, etc. The cake was amazing - and every single piece was eaten! The owner told us that for our 1 year anniversary, we can come back and get the "cake topper" made fresh, instead of saving ours and putting it in the freezer for one whole year (using space, getting freezer burn, etc.) How awesome is that?

My family plans to use BoCakes for other events we have in the future because everyone was SO impressed! If you have the opportunity to use BoCakes for your wedding or any other event - I highly suggest it!
    Courtney Married on 03/31/2018
    To say that this cake was absolutely amazing would be an understatement! It was light, moist, and so incredibly tasty! This is a very special bakery. You can literally customize every single layer of every single layer! Can’t decide between 9 flavors and you have 3 tiers? You can LITERALLY use every flavor! We didn’t get that fancy, but it was nice to have the option.
    We went with strawberry cake and white chocolate mousse filling on the top (bride’s choice), red velvet cake with cookies and cream filling in the middle (the bakery’s specialty), and vanilla cake with praline filling on the bottom (safe choice). We also opted for a groom’s cake. My husband (swoon) plays GO, so they made a cake and designed it to look exactly like a GO board complete with delicious frosting GO stones! This was my hubby’s concoction of lemon cake with whipped cream cheese spread and fresh strawberries as the filling. It was all so incredibly tasty and beautiful!
    We used this bakery through our venue as part of the Wedgewood Wedding at the Orchard package. The strawberry and white chocolate were not included, but we hardly even noticed the extra price! We would ABSOLUTELY recommend this bakery and while we didn’t save the top of our anniversary, we are absolutely going to go back to get a couple mini cakes for our anniversary!
    Rachel Married on 07/29/2017
    Kathy is AMAZING!!! Our tasting was so much fun! She gave us suggestions on popular pairings, but left us to taste and discuss. We LOVE Kathy's cake flavors, fillings, and frosting. We took her a picture of a naked cake that I feel in love with on Pinterest. She completely delievered! On the day of the wedding the cake looked exactly as we had discussed and tasted even better! The cake was moist and the fillings were delicious! We ordered a 3-layer cake to serve 75 guests, then ordered 35 cannolies and 35 peanut butter brownie bars to give our guests a choice. Our guests expressed their love for the desserts and we were extremely happy. Kathy set up the dessert table with the items we provided perfectly! Highly recommend!
    Harriet Married on 07/01/2017
    We served individual desserts and had a cake for cutting. The choices were perfect and delicious.
    Brett Married on 06/23/2017
    You have to order Red Velvet Oreo balls! They are the best dessert we've ever had. We ordered the Red Velvet Oreo balls, Peach pies, Canolis, and mini Almond cupcakes for our wedding. Every single dessert was gone at the end of the night! BoCakes even had great crates and plates to go with our venue, which made it super easy on us and our coordinator. If you're getting married anywhere near Temecula, you've got to use BoCakes!
    Ashley Married on 05/19/2017
    Kathy was so great to work with! She is very experienced and professional and makes DELICIOUS desserts. We did a two layer cake and a combination of cupcakes. They were an absolute hit with our guests. My favorite flavor that I still can't stop talking about is the blood orange cake. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed! Bo Cakes is a fantastic value and stellar service. Kathy was always easy to get in touch with and fast to respond. I knew I did not have to worry about my dessert display on our wedding day. Everything was on time, looked beautiful and tasted amazing.
    Alexandra Married on 01/07/2017
    The cake here is amazing! From our tasting to our wedding day, I was continually impressed with Kathy at Bo Cakes. We were able to completely customize our cake, and her prices were very reasonable. We had a three tier cake and also ordered two small cakes in case we needed more. Two of the tiers were almond cake with lemon cream cheese icing and fresh strawberries. The largest tier was chocolate marble cake with peanut butter cups crushed inside the icing. Seriously, so delicious. You can get as creative as you want. She will make it happen! The cake was very fresh and it was also beautiful on the outside. I highly recommend Bo Cakes if you are getting married in the Temecula area.
    Allie Married on 01/07/2017
    If you are getting married in Temecula, you absolutely must use BoCakes. First and foremost, Kathy makes absolutely delicious cakes. My husband and I both have a sweet tooth, so picking a yummy cake was important to us. There are endless options for flavor combinations, and we ended up selecting two different types of cake to serve. One was fruity, one was chocolatey, Kathy nailed both of them. We had quite a bit of cake left over, and shared it with our friends and family for the two days following our wedding. It still tasted just as good! Finally, our cake was beautiful and looked exactly like the picture I showed Kathy. Highly recommend you use BoCakes!
    Rachel Married on 12/09/2016
    Kathy was amazing. The cake was gorgeous and everybody complimented the cake. I gave her a picture and it turned out even better! Also it's awesome because our cake was a 3 layer cake but had 9 different flavors! And 6 fillings! It was so much fun tasting and creating a cake that fit our exact preference!
    Angie Married on 11/05/2016
    BoCakes was a great choice for our wedding! We were expecting 130 people and their 3-tier cake was the perfect amount to feed our sweet guests.

What we enjoyed about BoCakes was obviously the tasting we attended. Kathy is really friendly and was very helpful is making recommendations for us. The tasting was a bit overwhelming in a sense that there's so much to choose from, but with Kathy's guidance and the groom's sweet tooth, we selected three different flavors for our 3-tier cake. Kathy had also already worked with our venue (Temecula Creek Inn) which made the transport of the cake seamless. Our florist did an excellent job with decorating the cake, and we received nothing but compliments throughout the night!

What makes it an even better deal is that they throw in an anniversary cake!
  • Bria
    Bria Married on 09/23/2016
    I did not have the pleasure of personally meeting the owner but my mother in love and my grandma only had the best things to say. We are from out of state so we couldn't come into the shop for our cake tasting. Instead they sent over a huge sampling over to where were we doing our food tasting at and we were able to pick out our tasty cake there. Our cake turned out beautiful and we got plenty of compliments. The best part is we did not have to save the top cake because she will make us a fresh one for our first anniversary. Awesome bakery and amazing service!!
    Lily Married on 08/21/2016
    Kathy is so amazing! She gave me the image that I wanted and then some! I absolutely loved how my cake and cupcakes came out. I got so many compliments at how delicious they were and even people asking who I got them from because they were so yummy! She is so sweet and the price was inexpensive in my opinion. Definitely recommend going through her!
    Marc Married on 07/15/2016
    My wife and I can't thank Kathy at Bocakes enough. The cake and dessert table for our wedding turned out beautiful! It looked and tasted amazing. We ordered a three tier cake and three different bite size desserts for the wedding. She was a pleasure to work throughout the entire process and helped us from the very start with the cake tasting appointment. There were so many possible combinations to choose from, which can be overwhelming. We loved her suggestions and help choosing the tiers for the cake.

Wedding planning is stressful (especially when you do it by yourself), but Kathy was friendly, sweet, and very responsive throughout the process. I would recommend her to any of my friends. Thanks Kathy!
  • LizzyC
    Elizabeth Married on 04/15/2016
    Kathy at BoCakes is phenomenal! From our tasting, all the way through the wedding day she was a pleasure to work with. Our tasting was really fun - she gives you all the combos of cakes and fillers that she offers and you basically custom design your own flavors. She gave us suggestions and helped build a cake we love. There's three layers of cake within each tier, and each layer can be different - talk about personalization!

Our design was everything that I had wanted, simple yet elegant. I hadn't realized that the design I originally wanted was an upgraded price (totally my fault) so I went with my second choice. I show up on my wedding day and Kathy had given me my original design at no extra charge! Truly amazing customer service.

Never once did we feel pressured to book, get a bigger or fancier cake, or anything like that. Kathy's kindness, professionalism, and of course DELICIOUS cake made our day that much better. We are certainly looking forward to our complimentary anniversary cake next April. Thank you BoCakes!
  • User2554704 2+ years ago
    Right off the bat we were so impressed with our experience at Bocakes. Kathy, the owner, facilitated our tasting back in December for our March wedding and put on quite the spread! I was shocked at the number of cakes and fillings she made available to us, not only for the tasting but also the cake itself!

She encouraged us to be creative, and offered basically every layer of the cake to be a different flavor with unique fillings in between each. I loved that because we ended up with such a unique selection of flavor pairings for each tier. She also did a great job of explaining the cake serving breakdown (i.e. how many guests = how many tiers, accounting for the fact that not everyone would likely eat cake). A good thing to note is that she only works with buttercream (no fondant, which was A-OK with me!) but still can create beautiful designs and pretty much create anything a couple requests.

As we neared the wedding I was struggling to figure out favors for guests (I couldn't bear the idea of spending a fortune on a shot glass or other tchotchke that people would end up leaving or tossing) so I figured maybe food/cupcakes would be the way to go. Kathy gave us an excellent quote for boxes of mini-cupcakes (again offering a variety of flavor combos!) and provided the cutest little packages with personalized labels we created. All in all Kathy was professional, responsive, and wonderfully affordable! I can't wait for our 1-year anniversary to be able to indulge in her cake again (did I mention she offers a complimentary 1-year anniversary tier for her customers?!). You rock Kathy!! Thank you, THANK YOU!
    Ashley Married on 12/05/2015
    Kathy was great! We had an initial cake testing and she gave us SO many different options of cake and we basically could create our own cake my picking different cakes and frosting. She was very thorough and most importantly her cakes were absolutely amazing. I went with my parents and we all had so much fun trying different cakes. Her prices are reasonable too and honestly she is much cheaper and has way better quality of cakes than all the people we tried before. She also gives a complimentary one year anniversary cake which my husband and I really excited to have this coming November. Kathy did accidentally get our consultation time mixed up, but she completely apologized and explained the mix up. She also gave us a discount since she had mixed up the times. I would 100% recommend Kathy to a bride. Her cake is phenomenal and to be honest I am not even much of a cake person.
  • Charlene
    Charlene Married on 10/12/2015
    Bo Cakes was under our venue’s vendor list and after seeing their website, I immediately booked a cake tasting 2 months before our wedding. Cake tasting was free - we were served nearly 10 different flavours of cake sponge, countless fillings of fruits and berries, creams, fudges and mousses, even crushed chocolates. Kathy made the tasting a fun and creative process as she asked us to make our own cake! With all those different cakes and filling flavours she had set up on the table, it was in our hands to make our very own wedding cake. Mind you, all of them were delicious! As for cake design, I found a few inspirations on Pinterest which I e-mailed both to Kathy and our florist since we wanted flowers as decorations. The cake stand (we chose a round wooden slab) was also provided by Kathy and only needed to be returned the day after the wedding. On the wedding day, the cake was so pretty and exactly how I wanted it! It was a 3-tier round wedding cake and every tier was 3 layers of different flavours - it was magical!
    Melissa Married on 09/20/2015
    Kathy at Bocakes was wonderful! The cake she made for us was gorgeous, exactly what we requested. She was great about offering ideas for simple touches to make our cake look amazing. And don't get me started on all the flavors available! She has so many delicious and creative combinations that your guests will love. It is definitely not the boring wedding cake you would get at any other event. Kathy and her team was fantastic about delivering our cake moments before our reception started so it would last in the heat and look amazing for photos during dinner. She was very communicative during the planning process and never pushy or overbearing during our tasting. I would highly recommend Bocakes for your wedding!
    Lauren Married on 09/06/2015
    Our wedding cake was fabulous! It came out exactly as the picture and it tasted amazing. She has so many cake and filling options and you can mix and match within the tiers to make a truly fabulous, unique and scrumptious cake. The tasting was delicious and we were sold on the spot. The price was more than fair and we couldn't be happier with our wedding cake!
    Joy Married on 08/22/2015
    Kathy is awesome. She is so sweet (pun intended ) and easy to work with. She wants your vision to come true and will triple check to make sure you get exactly what you want. We ordered a three tier cake and cupcakes- and she did not disappoint. She delivered our desserts on time on our wedding day and the display was flawless. Everything was delicious and we were very happy with the final product. In short, Bo cakes is the way to go!
    Lauren Married on 07/11/2015
    Delicious cake! We had so much fun picking out our favors and fillings - there are endless options! Not to mention the cake turned out to be absolutely beautiful. Kathy was great to work with and gave us some great suggestions. Highly recommend!
  • User2295746 2+ years ago
    We absolutely loved our cake! Kathy was great to work with and went above and beyond creating our dream cake as well as setting it up on the day of our wedding. She was easy to contact during the wedding planning process, which was great for us as we lived out of state at the time.

I would recommend her services to anyone!