Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ Reviews

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 6
Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 7

Dana · Married on 02/12/2019

Best DJ ever!!!

We hired Bobby for my 60th birthday party, and he was amazing! The music was great and my entire party (there were 38 of us) danced all night. Everyone was on their feet and dancing and had a fantastic time. He made the party!!! Bobby really knew how to read the crowd. One of my friends sang her toast, and he accompanied that too. During the early part of the evening, during cocktail hour when we were talking or during the toasts, he knew just when to dial it back and when to ramp it up. Everyone loved it and I can't say enough great things about Bobby Russell. You can't go wrong if you hire him!!! We're so glad we did!!!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ's reply:

Wow Dana, thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review! It was my pleasure to be a part of your celebration!

Dave · Married on 11/11/2018

Now its a party

Bobby was amazing! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect host for our wedding. He kept the crowd entertained all night long. We received so many compliments from our guests about Bobby. He is super friendly, easy to work with, and a blast when it comes to a party. I am extremely glad we hired him and will refer him to everyone who is looking for a high quality DJ. Thanks Bobby!

• Elaine

Elaine Ruddie · Married on 10/19/2018

Incredible MC and DJ

We are a UK based couple who married at Sky Ranch in Sedona. We had not given much thought to music and we had given no thought to having a Master of Ceremony. Our photographer recommended Sedona Sounds and when I looked at the website I wasn’t sure, Bobby looked a little too jazzy for me but I’m soo glad that I followed her advice. DJ Bobby was a godsend and key to making our wedding that “Best Ever Day” that all couples hope to have.
    From whe. we first got in touch to ask Bobby if he was available, communication was always prompt and pricing was clear, which was important since we were doing all the organization from the UK. We got access to a very comprehensive database of music choices and selected many more hours than we needed. On the day the setup and lighting looked awesome and every announcement was delivered with the pizazz that Bobby has, it went down a treat. Everyone loved him. He then drew the whole party together when it was time to take to the floor. The incredible pictures of the dancing are testament to how he built up the atmosphere and played the crowd.
    We would like to emphasize the importance of an MC and how well Bobby did that. With the calm, capable timing of a seasoned professional, Bobby handled all the announcements and prompts. He worked with us, the officiant and later the caterers, to ensure things went smoothly. Once the formalities were over that little corner of Sedona rocked! Thank you Bobby. You have a big fan club in the UK.

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 8
    Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 9

Alexa · Married on 09/29/2018

We highly recommend Bobby Russell for anyone planning a wedding in Sedona! He is a great crowd-reader - his experience as a DJ and MC is obvious, yet he made our wedding so personalized. He gladly agreed to meet us for breakfast when we were in Sedona on a wedding planning excursion, and we were instantly impressed by his great energy, easy nature, and professionalism. The wedding itself was perfect. He coordinated seamlessly with our officiant and the guitarist playing live music for the ceremony, checked in with us throughout the night, and kept our families and friends dancing for hours! He will not disappoint!

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 10
    Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 11

Cassie · Married on 09/21/2018

Bobby was the absolute dream DJ! From the very beginning, he made the greatest efforts to listen to our vision, answered all of our questions, and put on the best entertainment I’ve ever seen! Family and friends couldn’t stop talking about how much they loved the DJ! You can tell he has many years of experience! He played all of our remix requests, and completely blew us away! We would recommend any day to any couple who love to dance the night away! We are so thankful!

Kristine · Married on 05/31/2018

Bobby kept the party rolling for our guests (every person stayed to the end of the night)! He was super accommodating and great with the little ones acting as guest DJ’s and allowing them to make speeches during our special night. Thanks Bobby!

Robert · Married on 05/27/2018

We could not thank Bobby at Sedona Sounds enough for facilitating such an awesome reception. From our 80 year old grandparents to our rowdy bridal party, Bobby played music we all enjoyed. He was also an extremely professional MC! My wife and I highly recommend DJ Bobby Russell for anyone having a wedding in the Sedona area.

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 12
    Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 13
    Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 14

Michelle · Married on 05/26/2018

Bobby was amazing and played all of our favorite songs! He really got our family and friends dancing! Such a special night for us and it turned out perfect!

Kristy · Married on 04/29/2018

I’m so glad we chose Bobby for our wedding. We we’re beyond pleased. I was very worried about picking a DJ as they make or break the evening. He did an amazing job and was very easy to work with. Kept the dance floor full all evening! Thank you!

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 15

Jill · Married on 04/21/2018

We are so grateful to Bobby for providing such a unique and perfect musical component to our wedding ceremony. Music and nature are so very important to us and we were looking for someone to play a native drum beat as we made our way to the outdoor wedding vista. We reached out to a local drum circle but no one was available. Keep in mind that we were trying to plan this from Oregon and would not have the opportunity to meet with the musician prior to the ceremony. When we found Bobby with Sedona Sounds, we were very blessed. He did a perfect job. His drumming truly reflected our natural surroundings and captured exactly what we wanted. Thank you, Bobby, for your talent, kindness, professionalism and flexibility. Oh, and he also took some lovely photos and videos for us - which we didn't even request. Thank you, Bobby, for being a big part of making our day everything we had dreamed of and more.

meghan · Married on 04/15/2018

Bobby was great he kept the dance floor packed and everyone had a great time. He showed up early to make sure there were no issues. At first I thought maybe it was a lot of money (we had him do our ceremony and cocktail hour as well), but I think he was definitely worth every penny!

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 16

Maureen · Married on 03/03/2018

Bobby was a perfect fit for our wedding. He engaged the guests and kept the wedding flowing. He followed any requests we had which made the night easy and enjoyable. I enjoyed uploading songs on a web portal months leading up to the wedding. I highly recommend Bobby for any event or wedding!

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ 17

Sarah · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I used Sedona Sounds for our wedding over the summer and could not have been more pleased. Not only did Bobby Russell play fantastic music that kept all our guests on the dance floor, but he worked closely with our photographer ensuring we were on schedule and transitioning smoothly. He was very professional and I highly recommend him.

Amelia · Married on 07/08/2017

Bobby was great to work with. He took the initiative to call me and follow up a month before our wedding. He made excellent music choices to keep the party going such as doing the cupid shuffle after our friend's bollywood dance to encourage a full dance floor. He also choose lighting at his DJ station that complimented our free standing light structures that we made to keep the party personalized and fun. He also selected great music to align with our Tropical Fusion themed wedding. I would recommend anyone to work with Bobby.

Jonathan · Married on 05/28/2017

Everyone was talking about the DJ after the wedding. My 80 year old aunt, who hadn't danced in years, was kicking to the left and right. DJ Bobby had the dance floor going all night. Even onlookers who were staying at the Resort couldn't help but dancing on the patio and getting the vibe of the wedding. Bobby is so friendly, willing to accommodate, versatile and easy to work with, that it is hard to imagine how you could go wrong hiring him. To cap it all off, Bobby played great acoustic guitar for the ceremony procession and recession, and acted as MC for the whole night. This was really needed because we didn't have a wedding planner.

The amazing thing is that my we were never stressed because we knew we could trust Bobby. That allowed us to have a great time at our wedding! I highly recommend him.

• Claire

Claire · Married on 03/26/2017

I would recommend Bobby for any event. He was the live guitarist and DJ for our Sedona creek-side wedding. Everything was done online which made planning convenient and any questions that we had were answered quickly through phone calls. When we met Bobby in person on our wedding day I was so confident he'd do a great job and he did! He played music everyone liked and made the crowd feel relaxed. I must say that Bobby is very personable and kind. He made our day on to remember and kept everything on schedule. All our guests loved him too!

Jordan · Married on 03/11/2017

Bobby was fantastic! Bobby went above and beyond. Our venue had a challenge of steps going down into a glade for our ceremony. Due to health issues, several of our guests who would not have been able to hear the ceremony were able to thanks to Bobby setting up a small speaker for them where they could see and hear our ceremony.
    On top of that, Bobby's selection of music for the reception and festivities was perfect. From the ceremony all the way through the reception and long before when we were selecting music and musical themes, Bobby was simply amazing!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ's reply:

Thank you, Jordan & Daniel! You two were so cute on the dance floor with all the lights wrapped around you as you danced! I'll never forget the part in your ceremony where the officiate said something like "your love was ignited by the crossing of a light saber and a wizzard's wand joining forces"! I hope I didn't misquote him, but at the time it really imprinted on me how special and unique you both are! Best of luck to you both and may life bring you all the happiness you could wish for. Thank you for having me part of your special day! - Bobby

Jenny · Married on 01/28/2017

Bobby was fantastic to work with! Not only did he create a fun-filled dance party at our wedding reception, we also asked him to host a trivia night for our welcome dinner. He was open and willing to take on the challenge, even though he didn't have much experience with that kind of event. Our guests had a blast and he went above and beyond to find musical clues that enhanced the event and made it even more fun for everyone. When there was a snafu with the sound and we thought we might only have music in one room for that event, he worked quickly and easily with the restaurant to solve it. He had thought ahead to put all of our music on an iPod, so he was prepared and able to solve that problem with minimal stress to us. He met with us prior to the event to get a feel for the kind of events-both welcome dinner and wedding reception- and was very adaptable the night of the reception to any requests that people made. Bobby's enthusiasm and warm, welcoming personality made everyone feel comfortable and we had a great time!

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2016

We had Bobby for our New Year's Eve Party at the Best Western Plus Inn of Williams. He was very professional and fun! He was early for the event and was prepared to go when the party started. He was able to read the crowd and play the music that kept everyone having a good time. He also took request. His D.J. stand set-up was fun with lots of lights. I would highly recommend Bobby for any party. In fact, we have already asked if he's come back next New Year's Eve and play again for us. You won't go wrong with this guy!

Barry · Married on 12/20/2016

Bobby was perfect in all respects. We eloped to Sedona and because of our interest in music, we wanted to include my bride's favorite classical pieces as part of the festivities. Bobby did everything possible to make our day special and any couple wanting the same would do well to include his talents.

Meghan · Married on 10/22/2016

We had a fantastic wedding reception in Sedona and having Bobby as our DJ played a big role in making it such a success. Bobby was extremely helpful prior to the event in answering questions and providing insight. His online website makes it easy for your to create a song request list, provide an timeline outline, and make any special request on songs or speeches. We needed to change our event time and he was very accommodating to the change in his participation time. Overall, I would highly recommend hiring Bobby. Our guests danced all night!

Linda · Married on 06/11/2016

Amazing DJ. He truly cares and loves his job. We made a playlist and he stuck to it. There were a few songs guests asked for and he asked us if we were ok with playing those songs or not. Also he introduced himself to each table which the guests loved. Great dancing and lots of fun!

Melanie · Married on 06/10/2016

We are so happy we selected Bobby for our DJ!! He is awesome! We had a small wedding of 45 people and I was worried at first about having a DJ for such a small wedding. But Bobby had most of out there dancing the entire time! We had a blast! He was able to read the crowd and knew what songs to play at just the right time. Not only is he a great dj but he is also such a nice person! He has a great personality and that was evident from the very first conversation. After the wedding, my whole family continued to rave about him! You can't go wrong with Bobby. I would recommend him 100% for a fun wedding with lots of dancing!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ's reply:

Awwww, thank you Melanie & Frank! I enjoyed being your DJ and meeting all your family and friends. They were such a joy to play music for and oh boy could they DANCE!!! Congratulations to you both! I'll never forget when the doors blew open from that incredible surprise wind and rain storm.... just as everyone (over 21 & excluding myself) went to the bar outside to do "shots"! hahaha ;-) Thank you for hiring me to be your Disc Jockey & Master of Ceremonies! Best Wishes to you both..... Bobby Russell

Laura · Married on 06/04/2016

If Bobby isn't your DJ, you're doing it wrong!!!
    He was worth every penny and then some!

I loved him from the start when he got back to us almost immediately!!! His enthusiasm during our first phone conversation totally sealed the deal!

During the planning process he was always quick to respond to all of my questions by phone or email and always left me feeling at ease that the day would be perfect!

He went way above and beyond what was expected of him! The day of our wedding was over 100 degrees and he was out there running around getting our guests waters, finding shade for our grandparents, and even brought over an extra bench for our guests because our venue failed to put out enough chairs!

The reception was a blast! He totally read the crowd and had everyone out there dancing all night!!!

I could not have asked for a better wedding DJ!