Bob Hoffman Photography & Video Reviews

90 | San Diego, CA

90 Reviews for Bob Hoffman Photography & Video

Eric S. · Married on 04/30/2011

Being a vendor in San Diego, a DJ, I have worked with numerous photographers and videographers. But when it was time to plan my own wedding, I knew exactly who to call. I called AMANDA from BH B&P. I could write a full novel here about this company, and this sweetheart. Unfortunately, I don't believe Wedding Wire will allow me to do so. With that being said, I plead with you to at least make the phone call, meet with Amanda (and Tara -- Bob will be in the back playing with his equipment -- that's what the boys do here), and see for yourself. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 09/07/2011

Tina · Married on 04/30/2011

So we got a sample of our wedding video back (2 months ahead of schedule I may add), and all of our photos. Bryan and Amanda are amazing. Simply amazing. If I could post every photo to this thread, I would. They are spectacular. I recommend these guys with flying colors. FLYING COLORS!!!!!!! Professional, prompt, and so much fun. They even have spreads in 10% of the new San Diego Style Wedding Magazine. Don't delay, call Bob Hoffman today!!!!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Tina, what a sweet review. You know we love you guys! I'm so excited that San Diego Style chose your photo!! The full video will be done really really soon and it's going to be even better than the recap!

Kathryn · Married on 04/09/2011

Amanda, I can't even begin to tell you how many compliments we got on the slideshow you played at our reception, especially the surprise "mad dash" video of our ceremony at the end! Everyone came up to me and said how amazing it was, and so many of the girls were in tears as they watched it all. All our guests were in awe of how quickly it was put together and couldn't get over the fact that it was just a few hours before. Seriously, you guys are so awesome and we can't thank you enough for all that you did for us. I just want to play it over and over again because it was so great!

Thanks again to you, Bob and the rest of your team for everything. We can't wait to see the full video when it's complete!

Sent on 04/14/2011

Leica · Married on 03/30/2011

Bob Hoffman and team are awesome to work with! They are very professional, friendly, and highly organize! The photo preview that we've seen so far are all just so amazing and we cannot wait to see the rest of our pictures and our photo album!

Thank you Bob and crew for all your hard work! We'll definitely recommend you to all our family and friends for their future occassions and or family get together!

Thank you for capturing our special, once in a lifetime event! You guys are amazing!

Sent on 04/13/2011

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Leica & Ryan! The photos are almost done and they look so great. You two had a beautiful day and we were happy to be a part of it. Talk soon.

Nicola · Married on 03/10/2011

So my story is a bit different...I had four days to plan my whole wedding. My fiancée made a surprise visit home (he is a Marine currently on the East coast) where he also told me we are getting married in 4 days. We had been engaged for about 3 months but I had no wedding plans because I thought we were getting married next year. So the minute I found out I got so upset because we didn't even get to take engagement pictures. Amanda was my HERO!!!!! I went to her office and we planned engagement pictures, videography and photography for my wedding in 4 days! Talk about flexibility and responsiveness. She kept telling me "Don't worry we can do this." Amanda and Tara had great recommendations about all the details I needed to make my amazing wedding happen. They helped with more than just video and photo.
    My engagement pictures were the day before my wedding and at my wedding they brought 2 framed engagement pictures and a sign in board! It was incredible they had some pictures already edited and ready. You would have never guessed my engagement pictures were the day before.
    Everything went by so fast the best thing I did was get video for my wedding. I saw my video and was ecstatic I got everything recorded. My videographer was very professional I didn't even realize he was there and he caught every moment.
    I am so happy with everything that Bob Hoffman Productions did for me. Especially Bob making a surprise visit at Mac, where I got my makeup done, to take some before pictures! Thank you everyone!!!!!
    This is Amanda's blog about my unique experience

Sent on 04/15/2011

Susan · Married on 10/16/2010

The entire group at Bob Hoffman Video is top of the line! If you want to feel special at you wedding then I highly recommend this entire team. They are responsive, on time, do what they say they will do and just very pleasant to work with.

We are very impressed with the final products which are also very top of the line. Both photos and video.

Hire Bob Hoffman and relax and enjoy!

Sent on 02/25/2011
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 04/03/2010

These guys were amazing to work with and seemed to be all over filming the festivities! They did not seem obtrusive but were there capturing all of the important moments! We cannot wait to see the final product!

Sent on 04/21/2010

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Sara and Avi. This is so nice of you. We all really enjoyed your wedding :) and the video is going to be beyond excellent!

My daughter and I found Bob Hoffman Photography & Video via a Google search for photography services in San Diego.

With my daughter living in Kansas and me living in Arizona, we knew we would need to find a company that would be patient and open in working with us as we planned a Destination Wedding. We are thrilled to have found Bob Hoffman Studios.

Not only was the entire staff professional, they were also very enthusiastic, making us feel valued and individualized, as our expectations were exceeded in both the finished photos and videography.

We did not have one glitch in the planning and preparation of the services we received. From start to finish, we were more than satisfied.

My daughter has a forever gift in both the photos and videography of her special wedding day. As her Mother, I couldn't be more happy! We highly recommend Bob Hoffman Photography and Videography! We will surely use their services again when in San Diego!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Claude · Married on 07/17/2014

Kelsey and your team,

Please forward this email to your entire team. First Shawn and I want to say thank you to everyone that worked with us at our Breathless Celebration.

From the moment we met all of you, we connected and we knew we were going to have some wonderful memories And from the sneak preview of the pictures they are exactly what we wanted.

I put a few of the pictures on Facebook and the response from our fans have just been amazing. They all love the pictures and yes the two stars of the show.

All of our guests shared the same feedback about you and your team. They said not only were you and the team very professional, but very personal. They all said they acted like they have known you and Shawn for years. They knew exactly what you and Shawn wanted.

There are so many things that are important when planning a wedding but Shawn and I always said that we had to chose the right photographer. This is where we will have all our memories.

Thank you again for shooting our videos. Our fans are on the edge of their seats waiting for the rest of the pictures and video.

Shawn and Claude

Sent on 07/27/2014

Hilary · Married on 01/02/2015

Beautiful photos. Great at capturing the moments. Handled taking pictures with my huge family very well.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/12/2013

We used Bob Hoffman Photography and Video for our Engagement photos to see if we wanted to use them as our wedding photographer and absolutely LOVED our pictures and they were so easy to work with. We booked them for our wedding and couldn't be happier with the way the photos turned out. Plus...it only took 5weeks to get our photos back vs. 3-4months like other companies.

Sent on 12/16/2013

Janice · Married on 05/30/2014

Great photographers with great editing skills. We had some guests stand up during the ceremony to get close to the altar and take pictures of us. Bob Hoffman and his staff were still able to take beautiful pictures of us and edit the guests so that it looked like they were in another area. We bought the package for 2 photographers on our wedding day, an engagement shoot, a CD with our photos, and a photo album. The photo album was beautiful (you get to choose which photos you want and how they are arranged on each page). We appreciate all the beautiful moments they were able to capture for us. It was a pleasure to work with them!

Sent on 04/18/2015

Emily · Married on 10/24/2015

I loved all the pictures I got from Bob Hoffman. There were a few times I wished that he and his crew were more proactive, instead of me pointing out or asking for a picture, knowing already what sort of pictures looked good, etc. However for other brides and grooms who want to have complete control over what pictures are taken this may be a positive. If you're someone who has very clear ideas and a clear vision of what you want, then I can recommend Bob Hoffman unreservedly. If you are someone who prefers to hire professionals then trust them to do their jobs with little to no input from you, you might what to locate a more controlling photographer.

Sent on 04/17/2016

Trista · Married on 10/19/2013

I found this photographer as I reviewed many websites. It was clear a lot of the photos were not photoshopped so I wanted to go with them. I would recommend this vendor to anyone. I liked my photographer Rich. He was very personable, down to earth and not once did I get a sense he was bored or annoyed taking our photos. Kelsey the sales event director that replaced the first person was crucial to my satisfaction with this vendor as well. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner and wife and they were very nice. The best thing about this company is that they were all nice and skilled and not "stuffy" like other vendors presented when I spoke with them. I also know that this vendor sticks to their word without feeling I had to provide back up info. For example, I was quoted a price for something and later was told it was higher. I mentioned the price quoted when we met and they honored it with no problem. I would consider hiring them again for future events and actually have them hired to take photos of our family in the next few months.

Sent on 01/04/2014

Amy · Married on 10/08/2011

Bob and Amanda were a great team and were very easy to work with on my wedding day.

Sent on 10/25/2011