121 Reviews for Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists

Eye Makeup (1)
Natural Makeup (1)
On-Site Makeup (1)
Makeup Trial (1)

Kristen did the makeup for myself, my mom and my four bridesmaids. She is the best! I had a trial with her almost a year earlier and she remembered all of my preferences for makeup. She was prompt with communication prior to the wedding and arrived on time on our wedding morning. She listened to everyone's preferences for makeup and made everyone feel like the most beautiful version of themselves. She was so fun to have around on the day of the wedding and made us all feel calm during a hectic time! We were done with plenty of time to spare and we looked beautiful throughout the entire evening.

Profile Picture colleen, 5/19/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Services, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Wendy made me feel beautiful for my big day! She was so easy to work with and went above and drying for me!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/8/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My daughter was married on November 4, 2017 in Asheville. Kristen worked her magic on our wedding party and made us all feel and look incredible. I can't say enough about how professional she was. She listened to what each woman was hoping for and then made it happen! I think all of us individually asked for 'a natural look' and somehow Kristen kept us all in our comfort zone but took it to the next level. The makeup looked amazing all night. Thank you, Kristen and Blush!

Profile Picture Sally, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had such an amazing experience with Blush. I got married on October 28th and I can’t stop thinking about what an amazing job Jen and Amanda did with my hair and makeup. I thought that my (now) husband wouldn’t really like whatever I did, because he’s not used to seeing me with any makeup or my hair out of a ponytail, but all night he kept staring at me in amazement saying, “you look so GOOD!” It doesn’t really get any better than that. The Blush team was also very sweet to my 3 flower girls - they wove baby’s breath into their sweet little braided updos. When the 5-year-old messed her hair up a little by playing and going outside in the rain Amanda just laughed and immediately redid it. Never making her feel bad for a second. I could go on and on about how wonderful they were, but I’ll just say that if you are thinking of going with Blush Asheville - DO IT!

Profile Picture Casey, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Absolutely amazing! Every single girl who had their makeup done that day looked amazing. They listened to what each individual wanted and did the makeup accordingly. I could not have asked for a better makeup artist

Profile Picture Hillary , 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had the BEST experience with Wendy!! She is so fun, professional, and friendly. She always responded quickly to any questions I had. She was so easy to work with and she made me look FLAWLESS. The morning of my wedding I woke up with a huge pimple on my forehead and she somehow managed to make it disappear. I am so thankful for her. I highly recommend Blush!!!! Blush is simply the best!!

Profile Picture Chasen, 9/28/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

I don't even know where to begin...Wendy is the absolute BEST at what she does! I got married in Asheville but I was from an area outside of Charlotte. Not only did Wendy do the best makeup I have ever seen in my life she helped me with so many things in the area. She had recommendations for nails, activities, etc!

I knew I made the right decision when I booked because I received a handwritten note in the mail that welcomed me; I was so impressed!!!! She even gave me the brand new lipstick/gloss to do touch ups for later in the day. She really wants you to feel beautiful and prepared.

Now let's get to the good stuff--my makeup. When I walked down the aisle my husband literally said "WOW, you look BEAUTIFUL!! I like your makeup!" Wendy made everyone in my bridal party feel comfortable and she just knows what looks good on you. She's so laid back, friendly, and honestly a friend now!

I have gotten over a dozen compliments and comments on my wedding photos that show my makeup details. My skin looked like porcelain! I naturally even had a nice bump on my cheek--call it wedding stress! She was able to smooth my skin out and honestly I have never felt more confident and beautiful. Getting your hair done helps to make the day feel real but when she does your makeup you feel like a celebrity! You suddenly can't help but get so excited and I was all smiles that morning.

She is THE PERSON to book. This company knows what they are doing and I promise you it's the best decision you'll make regarding your wedding!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup, Fake Lashes

Wendy and Jenna Wilson, who did my hair, were both incredible. Wendy is extremely talented, and was awesome about making sure my makeup was just as I envisioned it for the big day. She also did an incredibly job on my mom and my bridesmaids, giving everyone an individual look that made them feel their most beautiful while still keeping a cohesive theme for the whole bridal party. And everyone's looks lasted through the whole night! Jenna was fantastic as well, she completely got the vibe I was going for, despite my total inability to explain it clearly, and gave everyone, including my maid of honor who had a completely badass (but not entirely conducive to a traditional updo) undercut, hair they loved. Great team for an awesome day!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy Ballance is a Rockstar Makeup Goddess! I did not have Bridesmaids so I opted to have makeup done for my Mother, Grandmother, and Mother In Law. It was important for me to have the most important women in my life feel as beautiful as I did and I can say I have never felt more beautiful in my life than I did on that day. Wendy and the girls of Blush Asheville will not disappoint--absolutely amazing!!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Christie and the Blush team were absolutely amazing. After meeting Christie and having my trial, I was in love with how my makeup turned out. On wedding day, they truly made everyone look like a princess, but not overly done. Even through the night, after rain and dancing, we all still looked great. I cannot thank Wendy, Christie and the rest of the team for making everyone look and feel their absolute best. I cannot thank everyone enough for the beautiful work!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/1/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Kudos to Christie at Blush Asheville. She did my makeup for my wedding last weekend and wow... were we impressed. Coming from someone who only wears chapstick, I was very nervous about wearing makeup and the out come. She was able to make me not only look gorgeous, but I felt at ease and comfortable with her during the process. She helped keep me calm all while being professional and friendly. She really did a tremendous job. And with all of the girls in my bridal party. And the makeup lasted over 12 hours. I only had to reapply lip gloss. Fantastic. Truly an artist. Love love love!!!!

Profile Picture Kiki, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I have the biggest girl crush on Wendy Ballance as well as her talented artist Kristin Davis. I wanted a glam look, something I don't do everyday and she met, exceeded expectations. Kristin took my look to the next level with all her special touches. I let her take creative freedom as she knew exactly what I was going for. She made me look and feel like royalty. I got to know both ladies leading up the wedding and feel like I have two new friends. Kristin also did the make up for my daughter, my maid of honor, and she looked like a goddess. Since we are from NY we had to do a lot of our communications via email and phone. Wendy was very responsive to all my emails, texts and calls making me feel like there was no distance factor at all. Can't say enough positive things about these two women.

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jen was amazing! My wedding day makeup looked exactly as I had envisioned it, and all of my bridesmaids looked flawless as well. Jen and Wendy were both super professional, easy to work with, and quick to answer any questions that I had. I would absolutely recommend Blush for any brides getting married in the Asheville area. Worth every penny.

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Christie is an extremely talented make-up artist! She was immensely helpful during my make-up trial, and it paid off on the big day. She knew exactly what I wanted for my bridal make-up, and she extended the similar look and feel for my bridesmaids, mother and grandmother. The photos speak for themselves - she did an AMAZING job. All of our make-up stayed put throughout the entire event with a light feel that I did not even want to remove at the end of the night. Not only did she excel with the bridal/bridesmaid looks, she knew the perfect strategy to apply make-up to my mother and grandmother for a flawless finish. I felt the most beautiful I have ever felt on my big day, and I owe it to Christie. I cannot say enough about her professionalism, knowledge, and bubbly personality. A big thanks to Blush and Christie!

Photo
Profile Picture Brittany, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy did an absolutely perfect job with my rehearsal dinner and wedding makeup. I wasn't exactly sure what look I wanted going in so she was patient with me while we tried a couple of different looks. By the end of the weekend, I truly felt like I gained a friend in her. Her skills are top-notch - this is a very important piece of the wedding day and she made me feel beautiful the entire day.

Profile Picture Marlee, 12/3/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My experience with these ladies was absolutely AMAZING. The make up artist I worked with was Kristen. She captured the look I wanted effortlessly. She had an amazing spirit and kept me calm throughout the entire process. I really could not have asked for a better experience! Advice to any brides: have your tip check written and ready before the big day - my mind was so all over the place that I completely forgot to give Kristen a tip. Luckily I got a check in the mail to here ASAP but I wish I had been more on top of that! Thank you again Wendy and Kristen for helping to create my absolutely perfect wedding day.

Profile Picture User6645907, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Group Services, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

During my hunt for a make-up artist, I contacted Wendy about a make-up trial. It was evident through my communications with Wendy that Blush was a well-run, professional business and that Wendy was dedicated to meeting my beauty needs. Wendy arranged for a make-up trail with Sara (one of Blush's make-up artists) that worked within my busy schedule. When I met Sara I knew that she would be the make-up artist I used on my wedding day. Sara was extremely professional and made me feel ease during the make-up trial. The contract was thorough and made me feel confident that everything would run smoothly on my wedding day. On the day of the wedding, Sara was timely and ready to go. My mom and my mother in law both sat in Sara's chair. Sara did an excellent job with everyone's make-up. All 3 of us (my mom, mother in law and myself) all have completely different skin tones, textures and styles. She listened to everyone's requests and we came away with 3 completely different, flawless looks. Blush was the easiest vendor that I worked with during my wedding :) I cannot say Thank you enough for making this aspect of my wedding so effortless :) I couldn't have asked to work with a better group of people... Wendy and Sara are two of the nicest people I have ever met in the business!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My mother, mother-in-law, and I had our make-up done by Jen O'Leary for my wedding day and we have never looked so good in our lives! She was super sweet and knew what products would work best for each of us. My mother and I are Chinese and my mother-in-law is Italian Irish and Jen was able to work with all of our unique features. Wendy Ballance of Blush was also very professional and helpful in choosing Jen for us. I had a lot of fun and Jen's make-up made me feel so natural, relaxed, and beautiful on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Blush was great! Christie did my make-up and she was wonderful to work with. It was easy to coordinate my trial-run with her (I'm from out of town). I wanted a more natural look since I do not typically wear a lot of make-up and she did it perfectly. She also showed me how to touch my make-up throughout the night. I would recommend Blush and Christie to anyone looking for a make-up artist in Asheville.

Profile Picture User6055398, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup

Blush was an excellent decision! Wendy was so professional and easy to work with. She even went beyond the call of duty to help me find a hairstylist at the last minute. Kristen Davis is a makeup genius! She has a a true talent for highlighting features and bringing out the beauty in her clients. She made my mom and bridal party feel calm and comfortable while applying their makeup. She will take suggestions and will reapply until you feel comfortable. That wasn't needed in our case, but the option was there. I highly recommend Kristen and Blush to any bride wanting to look perfect on her wedding day!

Profile Picture Kristi, 8/13/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Wendy was AMAZING! My bridesmaids and I all looked beautiful. I don't wear much makeup on a day-to-day basis and Wendy took that into account. Wendy made sure my makeup was light and simple, showing my freckles and accentuating my features. My groom couldn't get over how beautiful I looked and commented more than once that he was so glad that I "looked like me" and not a beauty star. I highly recommend "Queen Wendy," as my bridesmaids and I called her the day of the wedding, for any event that you need your makeup done for!

Profile Picture User7071240, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

To say I felt beautiful on my wedding day was an understatement and I owe it all to Blush, especially my makeup artist, Kristin! Hair and makeup were the most daunting items to me, since the wedding pictures last forever, but I instantly felt at ease when I met Kristin during my makeup trial.

Kristin is one of the loveliest people I've ever met and her personality just shines. She has a unique ability to connect with others and translate their thoughts into a finished, polished product. On top of that, her level of artistry is the best I've ever seen (and trust me, it's not my first rodeo when it comes to getting my makeup done or having photos taken).

What really blew me away though was Kristin's ability to come up with a personalized, polished look that worked for me, my best friend, my sister, and my mother and mother in law. Five different personalities, styles, and requests, but she made everyone feel like the best version of themselves and we ended with time to spare!

Kristin always said "I want you to love it" and stayed with us to freshen up, make little tweaks, etc. until the very end when I was getting ready to walk down the aisle. She was the perfect addition to our glam squad and really helped keep the energy up, positive, and lively. I especially loved how excited she got at each stage in the makeup process because she was able to see her vision come to life and absolutely nailed it each time. I didn't stress once and knew that I was in the best hands possible.

I can't thank her enough for making me feel as radiant as I did. Looking at the pictures, I tear up because I look like a more elevated version of myself and feel so confident in how I looked that it translated onto film how happy I felt on the inside.

I feel really lucky that we found Blush, let alone that they paired us with Kristin. Any bride she supports is lucky and I know will feel the same way that I did before, during, and after the big day!

Profile Picture Allyne, 5/28/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

We got married at the Fields of Blackberry Cove in early May and Wendy and her team did the make up for my mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, officiant, 9 bridesmaids, and me. We all looked fabulous! I could not have asked for a better team to make us all feel beautiful and at east on my wedding day! The Blush ladies were so fun, sweet, talented, professional, and easy to work with! I recommend Blush to any bride who wants to look her best on her wedding day!

Profile Picture Julia, 5/6/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Blush Asheville was AMAZING to work with! The owner, Wendy, was so sweet and responsive from my first email all the way up to the final days before our wedding. She made the process super easy and there were zero problems along the way. Christie and Melissa were the lovely ladies who did makeup for myself and my bridal party (there were 8 of us, plus 2 moms and 3 flower girls/junior bridesmaids!) and they couldn't have been more fun! We all felt absolutely beautiful and loved our makeup...I didn't want to wash mine off that night. I can't say enough about the experience and the talent of these women - you won't find anyone better! Thank you Blush!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Wendy did my makeup and that of my bridal party. She was absolutely wonderful and everyone's makeup was flawless! I didn't do a trial run because I was from out of town, but Wendy took my explanation of what I wanted and knocked it out of the park. Her outgoing personality was a bonus as well. I would book Wendy again without a doubt! Thank you Wendy and Blush Asheville for exceeding my expectations and making me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day.

Profile Picture Kendra, 4/7/16, 2 Reviews