Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists Reviews

123 | Asheville, NC

123 Reviews for Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists

123 Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists Reviews

Anne · Married on 12/30/2013

Wow! Wendy and her team are flawless! They did my makeup, as well as 6 other wedding party members on my wedding day. Her team truly made me and my bridesmaid/MOB/MOG feel beautiful that day. On a day when so much can go wrong and is up in the air, it was nice to know that we all looked amazing with our hair and makeup. She was professional, timely, flexible, and perfect that day. What a talent! :)

Sent on 01/05/2014

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Anne! I appreciate you so much! Stay in touch my friend, and let me know how you LOVE your Armani foundation!

Jennie · Married on 10/26/2013

What a great team Blush has!! I am so lucky that they could squeeze me in for a last minute change in location for my destination wedding. Christie Burlett did an AMAZING job! She is extremely talented, and she provided two very different looks for two different wedding events that we had scheduled. We had so much FUN, and I felt very pampered and pretty. I whole-heartedly recommend Blush and Christie. And, if I have another event in Asheville, I will definitely book them again. Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you!

Emily · Married on 10/19/2013

Wendy was the best makeup artist I could have ever asked for! I was really nervous about my wedding day makeup because I don't wear a lot of it and didn't want to look overdone, but Wendy listened to everything I said and make me look better than I could've ever imagined! She and her associate that were with us were both so talented and fun to be around on a day that can be so overwhelming. Not only did she do a great job, but she was also so flexible leading up to the big day. I must've switched the number of bridesmaids needing their makeup done 5 or 6 times and she was always very understanding. I can't say enough good things about Wendy and Blush!!

megan · Married on 10/19/2013

Blush by Wendy is AMAZING! We got married in October at the Biltmore--a very busy time! All of the Blush by Wendy makeup artists were already booked when I originally contacted them. They get booked early because they are simply.THE.best!! If you are getting married in the Asheville area -- they are the ones to call!! However, because they were booked I worked with someone else. They week before my wedding, things fell through with my makeup vendor. We contacted Wendy at Blush and by fate they had a cancellation too! Kristen Davis met with me for a LAST minute trial and was sooooo sweet. She made me feel so much better about the ordeal of that week and I knew I was back in good hands. She was exactly what I wanted -- an incredibly knowledgable and talented makeup artist. But, also, a wonderful, nice, and FUN person! She made the trial and the wedding day such fun and I feel sooo grateful to have had her for our wedding! You will not regret choosing Blush by Wendy -- you will enjoy your wedding day and look beautiful!!

Tana · Married on 10/13/2013

I can not say enough great things about Wendy, from Blush Makeup. She is absolutely everything I could have asked for and more. Not only was she very professionally, she was friendly and easy to talk to. I usually don't like my face being touch; but she made me feel relax and confident in her skills. On top of that she was very flexible especially with adding another person in the limited amount of time we had; which I greatly appreciated.

Both my mother and mother-in law were very ecstatic about the results of their makeup; they looked stunning! As for my makeup I can not get over how lovely it looked, especially that lipstick color Wendy picked out. Even with the rain, my makeup managed to stay put without any touch-ups through out the night!

So, if you looking to get dolled up for your big day or any other day I would highly recommend Wendy from Blush Makeup. You will not be disappointed with her work!

Casey · Married on 09/27/2013

Wendy, owner of Blush, did makeup for me, my mom, Mother in law, and 7 bridesmaids. She was incredible! So professional, flexible, available and helpful as someone who planned her wedding in Asheville from Chicago. She was so sweet that when my eyelashes fell off after our first look she came up to the venue to fix me up before the ceremony...I have never heard of anything like that ever! I had the best, easiest wedding ever and Wendy was a huge contributor to that!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

You are so sweet Casey! That might have been the most emotional first look yet! LOL!!! It was my absolute pleasure coming back and perfecting everything back to the way it was!!! You are a joy & and I wish you and Nic only the best!!! Rock those Manolo's girl!!!

Gevony · Married on 09/14/2013

Wendy is, quite simply, exceptional! She is a most talented make-up artist, but even better, she is fun and kind. Wendy was able to take the individual requests of my bridesmaids, mom, and me, and make us each look and feel our best! Likewise, she was consistently easy to communicate with, responsive to emails, and always on time. She was a pleasure to work with, and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

I thank you so much for your kind words Gevony! I love working with brides that live here in Asheville & hope we can stay in touch!!! You were absolutely stunning, and can't wait to see the beautiful photos from Jeremy! Congratulations my friend!

Ashley · Married on 08/17/2013

These ladies are absolutely wonderful. Every bride wants to look and feel perfect on their wedding day and they don't disappoint. Not only was our make up beautiful but they have a way of making you feel so calm and comfortable. They are fun and energetic and exactly who I wanted around on my special day. I really can't say enough wonderful things about them. I highly recommend them to any bride who not only wants to feel beautiful but for anyone who just wants to be around beautiful people :)

Sent on 08/25/2013

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Ashley! I can't wait to see the beautiful photos! Kristen enjoyed every minute of this day & we are so very thankful for you! Wishing you only the best!

Lauren · Married on 08/17/2013

Wendy is an absolute gem! I have never felt prettier than I did on my wedding day and it is because of her handiwork. In addition to being a very talented make-up artist, she is quick to respond to emails, goes above and beyond to make everyone feel special, and was definitely a calming force on the big day. I would recommend her to anyone!

Leslie · Married on 08/03/2013

Wendy with Blush was absolutely fabulous. My wedding make-up was flawless as were the gorgeous faces of my attendants. Her make-up style is very natural and she is very attentive to requests. Together with my make-up "trial run" and Wendy's confidence and expertise, I was completely at ease on my wedding day. She made the getting ready process fun and memorable with an awesome playlist and her enthusiastic personality. I feel so blessed to have had the chance to have her at my wedding and I feel as if I gained a friend as well. Would absolutely recommend.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

Love to my dear new friend! I thank you so much, and it was a pleasure being with you this day in Blowing Rock! One more sister to go, but I think we have a few years until Amy is ready! LOL!!! Wishing you only the best with your good lookin man! ;)

Taryn · Married on 07/06/2013

If this website allowed me to give Wendy and her fabulous team a 10 out of 5 I would do it! They were sensational... managing 15 women is quite the task and they rocked it. The "worked the ladies in" around their hair appointments and had everyone done on time (even a bit ahead of schedule... which never happens on a wedding day!)They were so efficient yet were so attentive to every last detail. Every lady was thrilled with their makeup/fabulous lash enhancements and most even asked which products they were using and have since purchased the products! It can be a bit intimidating to book a makeup artist for the biggest day of your life, from out of town, having never met them... but let me put your worries aside! I am avid researcher/googler/review reader and decided to go with Blush. These women are talented, up to date on the very latest tips and tricks, and are so sweet and genuine. I truly felt like we had been the best of friends for years. I promise you will NOT be disappointed and your face will look like you walked out of a magazine. A huge thank you to Blush for making my wedding day stress free and a dream come true!! Your talent, efficiency, and professionalism amazed me!

Allison · Married on 06/29/2013

I seriously cannot say enough good things about Wendy Ballance. I mean, given her stellar reputation, it almost goes without saying that the makeup she did for me, my mom, and my bridesmaids was amazing. I felt absolutely beautiful (the way every bride should feel the day of her wedding), and the compliments flooded in well into the night!

But working with Wendy in this whole wedding planning process went far beyond makeup. She was a true friend throughout it all, and I don't know what I would have done without her and her insider "Asheville-ian" knowledge and assistance.

Wendy and Blush are awesome. Period. You are making a huge mistake if you don't book her for your wedding. Hands down, she is the best :)

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2013

Wendy did my make-up for my bridal pictures and on the day of my wedding. Her work is amazing! My skin looked flawless. She is fun and professional. She also did the make-up for my mom, aunt and MOH. They had so much fun and looked gorgeous. Highly recommend her!

Morgan · Married on 06/08/2013

Love Wendy!!! She is absolutely fabulous and did an amazing job on myself, sister, mother, and step mother!! She is truly a professional at what she does and I am so pleased that I chose her to take part in my special day!!! I will definitely be using Wendy again whenever I need a "glam" up!!!!

Daniel · Married on 05/26/2013

Not only did I feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day, but Wendy made us feel pampered and well taken care of. The day was more enjoyable with her there--putting on music when ours wasn't working, helping to make a couple drinks...and just being a calming and enthusiastic presence.

Wendy's work is incredible. My bridesmaids, the moms and I all loved our make-up and looked pretty damn good, if I do say so myself :)

Caitlin · Married on 05/11/2013

Wendy at Blush is the best! She helped make me look my best on my wedding day but did my make up in a way that looked natural - just the way I wanted it. Not only is she a wonderful makeup artist, but she's a really great person and we had a lot of fun with her getting ready on my wedding day. She was also really helpful and patient with me during our consultation. Couldn't have asked for anything more!

Lindsay · Married on 04/27/2013

Everyone looked so amazing and all the guests were raving about how beautiful everyone looked! Blush is the best and only place to go for your wedding day beauty! Thank you gals again for making us look stunning!

Wendy made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day! I love how I look in my pictures!

She also made my bridesmaids and my mother look and feel gorgeous. She is incredibly professional, but also makes you feel like you're having your makeup done by a good friend. I especially loved that Wendy stuck around while my groom and I did our "first look" and touched up my face after I had shed a few tears!

She uses great high-end products. I would recommend Wendy to EVERY bride who wants to feel gorgeous and look great in pictures on her wedding day!

Caitlyn · Married on 04/19/2013

Wendy did an incredible job on the makeup of a Bridal party I was recently in. She took time to talk with each girl individually, to make sure we all got the look we wanted. Then after all of our makeup was done, she followed us around during pictures to do touch ups/make sure we all looked our best. It was very impressive!

Wendy is the absolute best! I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and my skin looked flawless in all of the pictures. Not only was she so flexible and professional on my wedding day, but met with me beforehand to perfect my look. I wouldn't pick anyone else...there are enough things to worry about when it comes to planning a wedding that makeup does not need to be one!

Hannah · Married on 04/07/2013

Wendy and Kristen were fabulous!!! When I first talked to her about the date, she was ready with ideas to make sure I look amazing. It was an amazing relief to relax for a little bit on my wedding day. Kristen did an amazing job with my Matron of Honor and I don't think either of us had ever looked better. They were there to touch up as needed and it took a load off my shoulders and really help me relax and enjoy the day! She was the first vendor I booked and it was a fantastic choice!

• Shannon Brandy

Brandy · Married on 03/23/2013

Wendy is the most amazing make-up artist ever!!! Normally I hate having my make-up done by someone else but that changed when I met Wendy! She made me and my bridesmaids look and feel beautiful on my wedding day! She even corrected a friends make-up who was with us and had had her make-up done by a different person! She went above and beyond. I loved working with Wendy and I can't wait to think of another reason to come back to Asheville just to have my make-up done again! The world needs to know how incredibly fabulous Wendy is!! Not only was I beautiful on my wedding day but I woke up beautiful! She has such an amazing talent....I just wish I could convince everyone to book her!!

• Kelley

Kelley · Married on 03/16/2013

Wendy is the best makeup artist anywhere!!! I could not have asked for anything more, everything was perfect! I felt amazing and beautiful for my wedding weekend (rehearsal and wedding day), thanks to Wendy. I recommend Blush by Wendy to anyone and everyone - a thousand percent!

Wendy is absolutely remarkable to work with! She was super great when I needed to change plans unexpectedly and was available for questions whenever, even crazy ones. ;-) I planned my wedding in Asheville from out of state and was able to do a makeup trial on one of our planning trips. I already knew from e-mails that Wendy was awesome, but it was so great to meet and play with makeup ideas for the wedding. I felt comfortable immediately and she really listens to what you are looking for or needing and the result is sheer perfection. In addition to my makeup on the wedding day, she also did the mothers and bridesmaids and they all were raving about their makeup and mine! She was also there at the venue later to save the day with touch ups, when I really needed it after being outside in the wind and sun (thank you mother nature!) for pictures. Wendy brings out everyone’s natural beauty with makeup that stays beautiful for hours and hours! Everyone looked spectacular!

Wendy is a true professional, amazing artist, extremely talented and the sweetest person ever! I wish she could do my makeup every day, for every occasion, and we could hang out and catch up! Thank you Wendy for the marvelous makeup, support, and celebration on our wedding weekend – you are a lovely person inside and out, who I am so glad to have met and shared my day with! Hope our paths cross again soon!

Kari · Married on 01/05/2013

Wendy is the best! I have never felt more beautiful, and yet it still felt like me. She also made up both mothers and they were also perfect. I wish she could do my make up everyday

Wendy is AMAZING! I planned my entire wedding out of state, without meeting anyone until the day before. I have extremely sensative skin, like natural looks, and am somewhat picky when it comes to my makeup.

I brought a picture as to what I had envisioned my make up looking like, and luck would have it she had the exact image on Pinterest wall, some things are meant to be :)!

I met Wendy for my trial the night before my wedding and she nailed it on the first round! She has a personality that makes you feel as though you have known her for years! She made me feel comfortable, calm, glamourous on my big day!

If I lived in Asheville, I would be booking Wendy for every event I attended big or small. She is amazing, and is definitely a decision that you will not regret!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists's reply:

This just made my day! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!