Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists Reviews

Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 5
Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 6
Blush, Asheville Makeup Artists 7

christina · Married on 10/25/2014

If I could give 6 stars - I would! Wendy and her team at Blush are just incredible!
    She did my makeup for my wedding along with my bridesmaids and mother/mother-in-law. All of her work is flawless and whenever Wendy would hand one of us the mirror to see our final makeup application, without fail each of us gasped with how amazing she made us look.

Her makeup application style is not over-the-top or powdery/stiff feeling. She knows exactly what to do to play up your best features in a natural but amazingly gorgeous way. As she told me on my wedding day "I want to make you look like you, but just a slightly better version."

Blush was so easy to work with and very enthusiastic. They made me feel excited and confident about my big day. They also gave me a beautifully packaged touch-up kit that I was able to use for reapplication that evening however the makeup held up so well I didn't even have to!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Regan · Married on 10/24/2014

Kristen Davis provided make up for my mother, MOH and I on my big day and I could not have been happier. She was very attentive to the look I wanted and the end result was fantastic. I have never felt more beautiful!!! Thank you so much Blush!

Sent on 11/03/2014

My fiancée and I were married October 19th in Asheville. We live in Florida and you can imagine the stress of planning a destination wedding. I spent a lot of time researching makeup artists. I’m 53 years old but no woman is ever too old to want to be a beautiful bride. The reviews and pictures for Blush were amazing and once I spoke to Wendy my choice was easy. Our wedding was at 10:00 am. Jenn arrived bright and early, was extremely professional and could not have been sweeter. With no trial and only the pics from my Pinterest board Jenn gave me exactly what I was looking for….natural but better!! I loved the way I looked. And best of all it LASTED from early morning through brunch at the Biltmore including a strenuous tour of the house and gardens. I could not possibly recommend Blush or Jennifer more. Thank you so much for making my dream day even better!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Maribeth · Married on 10/18/2014

As an out-of-town bride, BLUSH made my selection for makeup artistry extremely smooth and simple. Wendy always got back to me quickly and even helped me find the hair salon we also used for my special day. I had the pleasure of working with Kristen and Jenny. The ladies were absolutely magnificent! They were friendly, fun, and complete professionals. I could not have asked for anything better--this company is the best! All of my bridesmaids and I felt gorgeous and looked stunning! You simply can not find a better company to work with for makeup in Asheville. I recommend them 110%!! Thank you all!!!

Sent on 10/21/2014

I highly highly recommend Blush. You won't regret one penny spent on your hair and makeup with anyone at Blush. They made each of us look so beautiful, were so fun and easy to work with, and were extremely professional and wonderful.

Sent on 10/17/2014

c · Married on 10/12/2014

Working with BLUSH and Wendy Ballance was an absolute pleasure! Wendy was extremely helpful with the entire booking and coordination process with both my trial makeup and the wedding day. Her experience and expertise not only with BLUSH, but also with the Biltmore venue, and working relationships with other vendors gave me the stress free comfort of knowing that I was in good hands.
    Wendy arrived early on my wedding day and did makeup for myself, my mother in law and matron of honor. Since none of us usually wear a lot of makeup, Wendy was able to highlight our best features while giving us a natural flawless look. Wendy did an amazing job and everyone looked gorgeous! The makeup application was light and airy and lasted all day, from my first look pictures in the rain to dancing the night away at the reception. My makeup application was completed around 2pm, we had our first look picture at 3pm, traveled around Biltmore for pictures until 5pm and our ceremony was at 6pm. Wendy was able to stay the entire time and offered a touch up service so that after traveling around for pictures, I was able to get a slight touch up right before walking down the aisle. Thank you so much Wendy! I would highly recommend using BLUSH and Wendy Ballance for your wedding day!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Lucinda · Married on 10/11/2014

Shawn did a phenomenal job on my mom, maid of honor, bridesmaid, and me! He takes so much time and spends so much energy making sure it is just perfect. He also did my make-up for our engagement photos. I'm always so impressed with his work. Everyone looked stunning and glamorous. Wendy was at my venue and gave me a quick touchup before I saw my groom for the first time. They were all so sweet and patient. I would use Shawn again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/11/2014

We had a wonderful experience with the ladies of BLUSH. They were extremely professional, timely and very talented. Wendy was very helpful in setting up our on house bridal make-up session for my wedding day in Asheville and Kristen made all the ladies for my special day look their very best and was a absolute joy to be around. Everyone in my bridal party commented on how perfect of a job she did to ensure each lady loved their look and it made me thrilled that my whole bridal party was happy with their makeup. This is not an easy thing to do! I could not have asked for a better experience and would highly recommend the ladies on BLUSH to all.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2014

I have to start by saying that Wendy was amazing to coordinate with. One of the kindest, most professional and just willing to work with you to make things easier. Such a pleasure to have that when you are dealing with a million things to coordinate a wedding. I must have drove her crazy with going back and forth about who was or wasn't going to have their makeup done! Wendy was ever so gracious and understanding and must of changed my contract 5 times. Christie did my makeup the day of my wedding. She was so sweet and thoughtful. She even kept me on schedule and told me what I needed to do when I needed to do it so that I didn't run late. Such a caring and thoughtful person even right down to the end when Christie gave me a handwritten wedding card! I can't say it enough or express in words alone how impressed I was with my experience with her! I would use Wendy and Christie over and over again for any formal events I need make up for! If you want to be WOW'd then pick Blush!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Melisa · Married on 10/04/2014

Everyone at Blush is phenomenal. I worked mostly with Wendy, and I can't say enough about how wonderful she is all around. From my pre-wedding make up trial to the big day, she was an absolute pleasure. She is very easy to communicate with, responsive, and flexible! On the day of the wedding, she and her colleague showed up right on time and finished the entire bridal party make up with plenty of time and was even able to accomodate my mom, who decided last minute that she also wanted her make up done. In addition to being wonderful people, the team at Blush does such quality and LASTING work that looks beautiful from the start of the day to the very end! Highly recommend Wendy and Blush!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Elke · Married on 10/03/2014

I loved working with Blush! Wendy was super helpful in all of the booking and planning leading up to my wedding makeup trial and the actual wedding day. She booked Christie for me and Christie was absolutely amazing! Christie walked me through everything during my makeup trial and then she did my makeup, as well as 3 of my bridesmaids on my wedding day. Everything turned out perfectly and I can't thank Wendy and Christie enough!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Andrea · Married on 09/20/2014

I honestly can not say enough good things about Blush! From the day I spoke to Wendy to book services to the day of my wedding, they were amazing to work with! Sara did my makeup for the big day and she made me feel wonderful and beautiful. She also did the makeup for my mother, mother-n-law and matron of honor. Everyone looked and felt amazing! One of the best things I did for my wedding, was to call Blush to help me with my big day! :-) :-)

Sent on 09/24/2014

Tina · Married on 09/16/2014

I can't say enough great things about Wendy! I live out of town and I was visiting before the wedding and needed to find a make up artist. She returned my messages immediately and was able to fit me in for a trial run. I knew as soon as I met her that I felt comfortable with her. She did a fantastic job and I'm so happy that I found her. She was so helpful whenever I had questions, very professional, super sweet. I would recommend her for sure!!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Angela · Married on 08/15/2014

Could NOT have chose better! Kristen from Blush did the makeup for myself and my bridesmaids and she was AMAZING. Not only is she funny, sweet, and professional, you can truly see the passion that she puts into each and every face.

I am a makeup junkie, so the ideas that I had sent to Kristen were varied. As soon as I opened the door, she knew exactly what would work best for me. She made me feel so beautiful and special on my wedding day. My Bridesmaids were just as much in love with her talent as I was, each noting how much they loved her work and how beautiful they felt.

Our experience with both Blush and Kristen were amazing. I am so glad they were able to accommodate our changed date. I can't imagine my day being as wonderful had I not felt as beautiful as Kristen made me feel. I will forever be grateful for her talent and her passion.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Allyson · Married on 08/11/2014

Wendy Balance is AMAZING in every sense of the word! She was quick to respond and extremely flexible working around our schedule as well as the photographer! She was willing to help any way possible. I cannot say enough about her skills as a make-up artist! I have never looked more beautiful, yet keeping the look very natural! I highly recommend her and her team!!! Love them!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Steven · Married on 08/02/2014

I found Blush through my wedding planner. I took a look at her portfolio and fell in love, I immediately contacted Wendy and she was such a doll. She was so sweet and accommodating, willing to answer all of my questions, she was the perfect fit for me! Since I was having a destination wedding I made my test appointment early and when I met Wendy in person it was like I was meeting a long lost friend. She was warm and welcoming and the rest of her team is the same way! Wendy and Kristen worked on my wedding party; my make up, my mothers and grandmothers + 5 bridesmaids. Talk about a team effort! They were incredible!!! She even gave me a touch up right before the ceremony. Wendy and her team truly understand how to bring out a woman's natural beauty. I can't say enough positive things about this team!! On top of everything they brought me a wedding gift. Blush is an absolute treasure.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Brianna · Married on 07/12/2014

I am very particular about my make up and hair so choosing to get married in Asheville, where I do not know any make up artist or hair stylist, made me very nervous. Until I met Wendy and Emily at my first consultation. They are amazing and also very accommodating. My contract had to be changed a number of times because additional people were added for hair and make up at different times and Wendy was always willing to change the contract without any complaints. I was especially grateful that they were able to do my hair and make up for my rehearsal dinner since I waited until 3 weeks prior to the wedding to ask.

Aside from being some of the nicest people I have ever worked with, my hair and make up were amazing! Both for the rehearsal and the wedding. My mom even let Wendy do her make up for the wedding. This may not seem like a big deal, but trust me, with my mother that is huge!! She does not let people do her make up. If you are getting married in the Asheville area, I would definitely recommend hiring Blush. I could not have made it through my wedding weekend without them :)

Sent on 07/16/2014

Wendy was hands down brilliant and incomparable for wedding services! I met with her three times over the course of my wedding weekend, and every single experience was an absolute pleasure! Her demeanor and positive attitude are contagious, making the experience all the better. She has undeniable talent knowing what will look great on her client! I've never felt more beautiful than on the days she did my makeup. If only I had a portable Wendy to look this fabulous every day! Make sure to book with Blush Asheville early and not to miss out on truly a professional experience for such a big day! I'm so happy I had the opportunity to meet Wendy and be graced by her flawless application technique!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Jordan-Ashley · Married on 06/21/2014

Book Blush Asheville, and book them now.

Their team is fabulous and will make anyone they come in contact with feel beautiful. What more could you ask for on your wedding day?

Sent on 07/10/2014

Rebecca · Married on 06/14/2014

Wendy was excellent! She did my makeup for both my bridal portraits and the wedding day. It turned out wonderful in photos and also was not to heavy on my face. It fit the look I was going for just right! Thanks!

Sent on 02/04/2015

Madi · Married on 06/01/2014

NEED TO BOOK HER. I am sooo glad that I reached out in enough time to secure Wendy for my wedding day makeup. Our Asheville wedding was a destination wedding so I was basing my decision off of reviews, and info I could find online etc. I'd emailed a few people and I could tell right away Wendy was the way to go, she was very professional and nice and always got back to me quickly in emails. She helped answer any questions leading up to the big day, and on our wedding day she didn't disappoint- Wendy's team did an INCREDIBLE job on my makeup and my bridesmaids makeup!!! She knows what she's doing-whether it be dramatic, more natural- everyone got the exact look they wanted. Wendy and her team are extremely professional but are also genuine and laid back and add to the fun of the day for getting ready. If you want to add to the joy and fun of getting ready with your friends and family, book Wendy, she's fun, relaxed, and is SO GREAT at what she does, you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Meagan · Married on 05/25/2014

Wendy did my makeup for my sister's wedding at the Biltmore. I can't say enough great things about her and how she did our makeup! I usually do not wear much make up, and was nervous about looking too made up. Wendy listened to what I wanted and did my make up wonderfully! It was the first time I really liked how I looked for a formal event. I was very impressed and recieved many compliments over the course of the night. Wendy was professional and very fun to have around on the days prior to the wedding, as well as the wedding day! She went above and beyond to ensure my sister and the wedding party had a positive and enjoyable experience. I will be booking her for my wedding, wherever or whenever that may be!! I highly recomment her!

Sent on 06/19/2014
  • User4195643 · 2+ years ago

My experience with Kristen was wonderful. I tend to like natural-looking makeup, and she did a great job giving me a look that I was comfortable with but also would stand out and look great in wedding pictures. All my bridesmaids mentioned how fun it was to work with her. I would highly recommend Kristen to anyone!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Molly · Married on 05/24/2014

Christie Burlett with Blush was exactly what a bride hopes for in a makeup artist! From the trial run to the day of she was personable, professional, and remarkably talented at highlighting a bride's true beauty! She is wonderfully open to input and works with you to make you feel absolutely gorgeous! I was so thankful that she was able to come to my house the day of and was prompt, fun, and clean! Definitely go with Christie if you want a superb experience from start to finish!!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Wendy and her team are outstanding! She was so sweet and very open to communication prior to the wedding. We emailed a lot and she is a great person to work with. She saw me for a trial run before my engagement shoot and spent time talking about my vision, then executed it perfectly. She works quickly and efficiently, uses only the best products, and will make you and your wedding party absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 05/18/2014