Blüm; Design in Flowers Reviews

64 | Portland, OR

64 Reviews for Blüm; Design in Flowers

denise · Married on 09/08/2013

We used Blum for the floral/decor of our wedding and we were blown away by how gorgeous everything was and how much Jordan understood our vision... What is so nice about using a small local business like Blum is that you get to really make a personal connection with them. Jordan met with us initially and we immediately felt at ease by her easy-going personality and her professionalism. We told her our budget and then gave her some examples of the "feel" and the colors that we wanted to go with and she created an amazing detailed plan of how to accomplish that within our budget. When the wedding day arrived, she personally came to make sure that everything was set up correctly. When we saw how magical and perfect everything looked--- from the centerpieces to the bouquets to the archway of our ceremony-- we seriously cried with joy. She did such an amazing job and I highly recommend Blum to anyone looking for a florist.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Aubrey · Married on 08/31/2013

Jordan from Blum Floral was amazing. She was flexible, responsive, professional, sweet, and everything in between. The flowers were amazing and lasted days after the wedding. We had floating candles and votives as center pieces and they looked amazing. She knew right away the vision that I wanted and she was able to capture 100%. She was so sweet to work with and was not bothered at all with all my questions, requests, etc. She definitely comes highly recommended!

Sent on 10/02/2013

LeiLani · Married on 06/29/2013

We had a Hawaiian wedding, and the flowers Blum put together for us were AH-mazing!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Leann · Married on 06/26/2013

Stunning job Jorden ! I would hand down tell everyone to check out Jorden . Our wedding looked so amazing thanks to Jorden !

Sent on 07/12/2013

Nina · Married on 06/16/2013

I have a very eclectic style and just by conversations via phone, email and Pinterest, Blum Floral Design was able to put beautiful floral arrangements together for my wedding. They were classy yet enchanted at the same time.

They were filled with succulents, artichokes, fresh herbs, peonies and feathers. Right up my alley and every one was impressed by Blum's creativity!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Julia · Married on 06/09/2013

Absolutely stunning. Jordan was professional throughout, and the final product was even better than expected. The flowers were fresh, beautiful, and the arrangements were tastefully designed. Jordan arrived on time for both the reception and ceremony, and happily agreed to accommodate a last-minute request that we had. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/28/2012

Jordan is a visionary! I changed my ceremony location a week before the wedding and she was able to create the most magical floral designs in the flash of an eye! Everything was stunning and the flowers were so fresh and fragrant!

Sent on 02/07/2013

Merete · Married on 05/18/2012

Blum provided beautiful flower arrangements for our wedding on the coast. They did a great job of tailoring the arrangements to the style of our wedding, and were very accomodating to our requests. The flowers turned out perfect!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Amy · Married on 05/18/2012

When we first started planning our wedding, my husband and I determined that flowers weren't our biggest concern. Still, we had very specific ideas of what the decor should look like. Jordan did an amazing job realizing our vision and being patient with our requests. I'm so very glad that we chose Jordan, and I'd recommend her for brides looking for either elaborate or simple decor!

Sent on 11/25/2012
  • U

Ursula · Married on 12/31/2011

Jordan did a great job with the flowers! We kept it pretty simple, but she executed everything exactly the way we wanted without me having to do anything on the big day. It was perfect.

Sent on 01/15/2012

Allegra · Married on 09/17/2011

Jordan was amazing! She was very mindful of our budget, offering several centerpiece option and she was very creative and quick to respond when I e-mailed her with new ideas, even though we hired her about a year prior to our wedding date.
    When we met with her, I showed her one picture of a bouquet I liked, we talked about colors and specific flowers (which I'm clueless about) and I could not have been happier with the end result.

Sent on 10/03/2011
  • Glowingstar

Stephanie · Married on 08/14/2011

Jordan was wonderful! Our flowers were incredible, we only had to meet her once go over a description of our ideas and she took it from there, everything turned out just as we had hoped, her construction of our imaginations was amazing!!!

Sent on 11/15/2011

Rebecca · Married on 07/30/2011

The perfect florist for our wedding. Jordan thinks outside the box and looks at each bride and groom as an individual unique couple. We loved our flowers.

Sent on 01/06/2012

Katie · Married on 01/01/2011

Jordan created flower magic at my wedding. It is amazing how from just a few descriptive words (no pictures or anything...I wasn't a very prepared bride) Jordan got it just right with everything I wanted. I wanted elegant, romantic, classic, but still modern and she did just that. Not only were the flowers breathtaking the display, vases and candles she designed set the mood perfectly. The combination of flowers was lovely. She was easy to work with, did her job professionally, and created an atmosphere that set the tone of a wonderful and beautiful night!

Thank you Jordan!!

Sent on 01/18/2011

Mandi · Married on 11/20/2010

Stunning. Gorgeous. Romantic. Perfect. All thoughts that went through my mind when I saw the floral for our wedding! From my bouquet to the centerpieces to the elegantly simple and gorgeous ceremony set up- it was all perfect! As a wedding planner, I always wondered what it would feel like to walk into my own wedding and see all the flowers- everything you've planned. My expectations were exceeded! Everything we talked about, from the mass amounts of candles, to the lush and white flowers, to my vibrant bouquet- it was all stunning!

Sent on 01/14/2011

t · Married on 10/10/2010

We did not have floral centerpieces for our wedding, however Jordan did centerpieces for our rehearsal dinner, for the lounge area in the reception, a piece for the escort card table and the bouquets. I can honestly say I wish we had used her for the centerpieces too! Although our centerpieces were beautiful, but Jordan did such an amazing job!!! I couldn't stop looking at my bouquet all night! Jordan is not only incredibly talented, but she is an absolute delight to work with! I can't imagine anyone going with a different florist in this area!

Sent on 10/31/2010

Kristin · Married on 10/02/2010

Jordan is fantastic! She was recommended to me by my wedding photographer and I was thrilled with her work. I was having my wedding in Portland but I live in LA now and had to plan most of it from down here. I had pictures and colors and some reference material but she really made it come to life. In addition, she provided me with great options but not so many that I felt overwhelmed. I also thought her prices were very reasonable and she provided me with options there as well. I'm convinced she could fully floral-ize the City of Portland without a problem!

A picture of my wedding bouquet is now my homescreen image on my iPhone as has been for the last few months. I can't stop looking at it!

Sent on 01/27/2011

Brandee · Married on 09/05/2010

We met with Jordan over a year before our wedding. We gave her our ideas and color scheme, figured out who needed flowers and then didn’t really go back to revisit or change anything after we signed the contract. We hired Jordan because we knew she had beautiful flowers and she would do a standup job. I found her prices to also be very reasonable and she gave us several different price options when we were working out what to do for the altar.

Jordan delivered the MOST beautiful flowers I could ever dream up - the flowers for our wedding were drop dead gorgeous. When she showed up with the bridesmaids bouquets I couldn’t stop crying – they were more beautiful then I could have imagined. She did a great job – everything was fresh and perfect and lovely. You can’t go wrong with Blum!

Sent on 10/03/2010

Darcy · Married on 08/07/2010

One of the most important aspects of planning my wedding was to make sure I had the most wonderful flowers! I had been dreaming about my wedding for such a long time but didn't really know how to reel in all my wants. When I first meet Jordan with Blum, I knew she was the one :) She was so friendly and personable. I came with pictures and magazines in tow and Jordan just got it! She was able to take all the things I wanted and add her own style and perspective to make a cohesive vision. Jordan was always quick with any questions or changes I had. On the day of my wedding Jordan wasn't able to set-up my wedding venue, but sent the most amazing team of people to help put everything together. I was so happy with how everything turned out of the day of. Jordan and team Blum made my dream a reality! I can't wait to have another event so I can work with them again and have beautiful flowers!

Thank you so much for the AMAZING work!!! Highly recommend to anyone looking for amazing flowers!

Sent on 08/31/2010

Katie · Married on 07/23/2010

highly recommend! She took the time to listen to what I wanted and to look at pictures and worked with my budget to make me the perfect flowers! She even added a crystal brooch to my bouquet!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Kitty · Married on 07/10/2010

Jordan at Blum is fantastic to work with! We started pretty early with her in the planning process, and over the months, we made various changes, from flowers to budget to where we wanted flowers, and Jordan was so patient with us and updated our proposal very promptly each time. She was also very flexible in working with our schedules, and even drove over to our rental company to do a mock up with us! The flowers were beautiful and our wedding looked amazing largely because of the work she did!

Sent on 08/07/2011

Ahna · Married on 09/12/2009

From the first time I met with Jordan, at Blum, I LOVED her and her work. I was having a really hard time deciding on a florist because I felt like it was such a huge aspect of weddings. I felt very unsure telling florists what I wanted and them telling me they could do it without seeding an example or replica first.

After meeting with Jordan, though, she instilled such confidence in herself and her work that I knew she was the right person to do my wedding flowers. I told her about all the ideas that I wanted but also told her that I wanted her input because she was the professional! The ideas she contributed took into consideration everything that I liked and thought I wanted and made all my ideas even better!

The day of my wedding I was stunned by how beautiful all my flowers were. I couldn't have asked for them to turn out more beautiful than they did. She created the most beautiful, stunning centerpieces that still have my guests talking. She did everything that I wanted plus more and took my ideas and made them better.

Not only do I recommend her if you want the best florist, but I certainly will use her for any other events that I need flowers for.

Sent on 10/17/2009

ann · Married on 10/18/2008

The flowers we got from blum were so fantastic. The colors were just spot on and so beautiful. The guys' boutonnieres were so awesome. Very masculine and fall like - they were awesome! And my bouquet was so gorgeous. So much more than I could have imagined. Jordan took my thoughts and did such a great job. The tables were fantastic and everything fit right in with our color scheme and our style. They helped make the day just that much more beautiful!

Sent on 11/07/2008

shahrzad · Married on 06/28/2008

Jordan Gladlow of Blum did an exceptional job of bringing my vision to life with colors and textures of flowers and centerpieces. I didn't have to re-explain anything, Jordan understood what I wanted right away and made everyone's jaw drop wide open at the wedding. Nearly 4 months later, guests are still talking about how beautiful the flowers and decor were!

Sent on 10/08/2008

Kristina · Married on 01/26/2008

I LOVE Blum! During out first meeting, she took notes, asked questions, drew pictures and made sure she had my vision correct. A while later, she did a free mock-up where she used the vases we would rent, and set a table (complete with tablecloth) with a centerpiece. At that point, we played with the flowers and refined the idea even more. There was NO anxiety and NO surpises at the wedding! She was great to work with before, during and after the wedding!!

Sent on 09/14/2009