Bluff Mountain Inn Reviews

84 | Sevierville, TN

84 Reviews for Bluff Mountain Inn

3.8
      2.5

What a beautiful place! We did the Intimate Family package, and we really got a great deal for how much was involved. That being said, don't expect to feel personal and you may have to nag the wedding planner a bit. I wanted to be involved, but felt like I wasn't. I booked my wedding over a year in advance and had specifications and suggestions from Day 1 about what I wanted. Never once, during the entire time, did Talia remember what I had previously told her. Up until the one month mark, she was asking me the same questions over and over -- I told her what flavor cake I wanted four times! I was frustrated that nothing I communicated to her seemed to stick. There were three weddings on my day, so I saw a service wrapping up when I arrived to get ready, and the wedding party for the evening wedding was arriving as I was leaving. They were overbooked due to Hurricane Matthew, but that was something I was looking for when I was venue searching. I did not want to pay extra for flowers in the centerpieces, so we planned an entire centerpiece with no plants, and then when I walked into the reception hall with my new husband, there was a completely different centerpiece with mason jars and baby's breath. Even though this matched my theme perfectly and I was elated, it was different than what we had discussed so I thought I would include it for those brides who may freak out over that sort of thing. Everything went smoothly the day of, and the photographers were absolutely FANTASTIC. The food was the best meal I've had in my life (the tasting, though it cost extra, was definitely worth it). Overall my day was perfect, but the planning was more stressful than it needed to be. Talia was the only reason I didn't give 5 stars.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Hey there,
    I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your reception dinner so much. I'll be sure to let the chef know. As for for the planning process, I'm very sorry you didn't have a better experience. I know you and I started the planning several months prior to your wedding date, so yes, as we get closer to the wedding day I do ask questions again to confirm and be sure we're on the same page. In my experience, a lot can change with weddings from one month to the next. As for the centerpieces, we sent you a confirmation sheet for you to approve 3 weeks before your wedding and you approved the centerpieces, so I'm not sure what you're referring to as far as that goes. Again, I'm sorry you didn't have a better planning experience with me. I do the best that I can with each of my clients.
    Sincerely, -Talia

3.2
      2.5
      3.5

The wedding went smoothly and the food was delicious. The cake turned out well and looked like the picture we sent in. I thought the extra flowers were overpriced and the overall cost of the package was a little more than I expected. The venue was beautiful and the bridal suite was nice.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Vanessa · Married on 10/04/2014

2.4
      3.0

They had our deposit for two months before I could get a contract emailed to me after repeated asking. Treated coldly by wedding coordinator. The photographer was the nicest lady there.

Sent on 05/08/2015
  • dsk050176

Deborah · Married on 02/16/2008

2.2
      1.5
      1.5

. He does have a lot of good ideas for pictures and has great equipment. His assistant Amanda is great with romantic photography and has a great personality.

I would not recommend getting a wedding dvd from them, it's very amateur! I'm very displeased with it so much that I am requesting my money back.

Sent on 03/04/2008

Amy · Married on 05/08/2016

1.6
      1.0

Don't really know where to start......after reading reviews I was sure we couldn't go wrong in choosing Bluff Mountain Inn for our venue. We were planning a small wedding with family on a short notice but they assured us that everything would be great. After booking they were not very friendly or informative. Very disappointed in the way things were handled. We did not get the colors we chose. We did not get our toasting cider. The extra charge for the DJ was a waste of money. The food was okay but very small portions for what you pay. The pictures were good but we were told there would be two photographers and Mary was the only one, never even met Rick. The photo prices are outrageous! Took a month before we even got sneak peeks. Our package included a free canvas, after giving the image # of the photo we wanted for our canvas was told we should have it in 4 weeks, 7 weeks later, still no canvas! When I contacted them I was told that they had been really busy and changed the way they do things and I would need to order it myself. So I was not a happy customer!!! I was very disappointed in Bluff Mountain and our experience with them.

Sent on 09/21/2016

1.4

Very disappointed
    Communication was horrible
    Bugs were terrible the day of the wedding

Sent on 12/02/2014

Bluff Mountain Inn's reply:

First of all, we appreciate you choosing Bluff Mountain for your wedding and sincerely apologize if the communication wasn't fast enough for you. We certainly try to respond to emails as quickly as possible but do sometimes get behind.

About the bugs; when you choose an outdoor venue in the mountains, although it is beautiful, gnats and other flying critters can be a bother, not only to our guests, but to us as well.

Kayla · Married on 09/30/2018

1.4

Rude people.

Georgia
    I will start off by saying the venue was beautiful, I searched for weeks and came across Bluff Mountain Inn. Before and during the booking process I was emailing Rick, he was kind and very helpful when it came to getting things ready for the big day. At that pooping everyone was very pleasant. (Side note) I live in Hawaii so booking a destination wedding can be difficult when you aren’t present to discuss planning. I counted down the days getting more and more excited for my trip to Tennessee. However when I arrived for the rehearsal Rhonda was very sour and rude. Upon discussing how the wedding party will walk down the isle; I mentioned that I want the groomsmen to walk down with the bridesmaids as couples linked arms you know, the traditional way? She got the worst attitude and told me that in all the years she’s done wedding she’s NEVER seen it done that way. She seemed very displeased with my decision. She’s comes off as very stern and demanding, not the type of person you want running your wedding. On the actual wedding day itself me and most of my bridal party opted to get our makeup done, all of us were plastered in a too dark foundation with a very heavy hand. We all looked very Oompa-loompa-ish. the staff was just rude and disrespectful to both me and my family. One of our guests tried leaving the dining area because he needed his medication from the dining area and they had tried to refuse him from exiting. Then saying a snide remark of “Are you actually getting medication or are you getting alcohol?” EXTREMELY unprofessional! Who are you to deny someone access to their meds. Had our friends and family not been there to make our day the best day ever, we would be 1000% dissatisfied with our wedding. The wedding ended very abruptly at the end of the contract time, and immediately after we were told to pack up and leave. As we were packing up the bridal suite (in a very timely manner) we were told 2 additional times that we needed to hurry up and leave. Mary, the photographer, had came in and informed us that our sneak peek photos would be ready in 3 weeks. A month went by and I hadn’t heard anything. So I emailed them asking for any updates and not a single email back. Their email responses went from a couple hours for a reply before the wedding to absolutely M.i.a. After the wedding. After receiving our wedding photos I came across so many bad angles and blurry pictures. The “editing” that took two months was slapping a filter over them and putting their watermark dead-center int the middle of all photos. I have background in photography, photo editing, and photoshop and I can say 90% of these photos were unflattering and mediocre at best. I am extremely upset/annoyed that I have bought all of the digital copies, only to re-edit them and print them myself. Honest opinion if you’re looking for a wedding venue for your perfect day keep looking. Save your money, save your time, because this place isn’t worth it.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Bluff Mountain Inn's reply:

We would never lock someone inside the reception and tell them they couldn’t leave. We do, however, close the front doors just prior to the grand entrance of the bride and groom, and we ask anyone wanting to leave right at that moment to please wait just a few minutes until the entrance is done. They could also exit through another door.

There are also several other issues in these lists where we have very conflicting views of what happened, but this is not the place to get into a “he said, she said” sort of conversation. We’ll be happy to discuss any details with anyone who’s interested in a private message.

We’re happy that you and your family were here to celebrate with you on your “best day ever”. Many of them thanked us at the end, saying what a good time they had. We regret that anyone felt as if they were mistreated. That was certainly not our intention.

Marge · Married on 09/10/2016

0.4
      0.5

Do NOT elope at Bluff Mountain! They double booked us and we lost to the big wedding after we paid our retainer and signed the contract! Completely unprofessional, rude, and horrible to work with. I live in another state, booked a flight for our wedding and they say their sorry, well sorry isn't enough. Talia is the wedding coordinator we worked with, she's terrible at communication with both phone and email, and "Rick" (not sure if he is the manager, owner or both), well he doesn't call you either. Stay away!! I do have the email's to prove how bad they are, let me know and will send to you. **I was not able to leave the review without putting in a wedding day, I put the date we were SUPPOSED to get married there.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Bluff Mountain Inn's reply:

We're terribly sorry for having a mix up. Client booked a date and within 3 days of booking we realized we were double booked; not on the wedding day, that date was fine, but one of the overnight stay nights. Immediately contacted client to explain, offered to change the overnight to a different date, gave options of other places to stay and even contacted another venue much bigger than ours who was open that day.

Client asked for refund and we issued refund the same day. All our correspondence was professional.

0.4
      0.5

Please rethink your choice of this venue. They do NOT return your emails or phone calls. They had the date of my wedding wrong in their computer by 6 months. Faulty advertisement of vendors and PERSONALIZED decor ( look at a dozen photos on their page and that is the decor you have to choose from.) Even with some of my guest not showing up their was still not enough tables set for my guests at reception. Chairs during ceremony/reception were dirty. They put all my guests into chapel prior to ceremony and then told them to just go find a seat when I had asked for 2 family members who rented tuxes to seat my guest and sister in law/ nephew to pass out programs upon enterning considering it was suppose to be a small intimate ceremony. Serving set and toasting glasses were ruined because they were packed up dirty. All items were not returned. VERY RUSHED, they want u packed and out of the space by the end time of your contract to move another party or rehearsal in. Prices change throughout planning process such as hair and make up. Lastly while staff is suppose to be waiting on my guest they are on social media typing bad comments about my family and friends. (Facebook) UNPROFESSIONAL to say the least. Bar tender EXTREMELY rude, noted by several of my guest. The food was good and the food servers were nice! The view is pretty but there are a thousand other places with the same view and hopefully better service!!!!!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Bluff Mountain Inn's reply:

This is a pretty long list of complaints to be posting nine months after the wedding date. We do, however, apologize for any that might be accurate. It sometimes does take us a few days to catch up on returning calls. We do reuse decorations, although we do try to make each event unique to the style of the client. We have a large stock of decorations and don't buy new ones for each event.

But to insinuate that our staff would post "bad comments" on Facebook about people they don’t even know, or to accuse us of not returning their property, is absurd.