Weddings by BlueSky Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Marsha Z. Married on 05/30/2021

if you want the BEST, book Weddings by BlueSKy

Not enough words to describe the artistry and energy Elly brings along with her crew to snap the most stunning wedding pics and bridal portraits you can imagine. The photos you see on their website represent one of hundreds, if not thousands, she will capture at your wedding. Elly is a true artist and her team works tirelessly to help her capture all your best moments and more importantly the emotions behind those moments in each and every photo. The way she uses light, and creates her images is so unique, dynamic and the results are uncanny and absolutely stunning. Book Weddings by Bluesky if you want stunning topnotch timeless wedding and bridal photos to cherish for a lifetime. Uploading a few of Elly's first look snaps from my daughter's recent wedding and bridal portrait session...cannot wait to see the rest
  • Renea
    Renea M. Married on 10/19/2019

Easy and Fabulous

Elly is so professional, captures amazing moments, and does things timely. She made gives amazing advice for picture backdrops and knows her stuff. She was worth every dime☺️
  • Courtney
    Courtney F. Married on 10/12/2019

Dream Come True Wedding Photographer

As being one of Elly’s brides And her bestie, like some of you I too had my own set of concerns:
    Will I be as beautiful as all her other brides. Will my groom and I seem as much in love as all her couples portraits I had wanted to be a part of for so long. Will we have a stunning sky and beautiful landscapes. Will our friends and family be captured as being moved, supportive, happy and fun, (or will I make the whole day stressful for all of us). Will I even be able to afford the kind of wedding I want.

Elly’s work has always seemed like a fairytale to me. And just like fairy tales stories, I’ve always wished I could have that, but never believed I actually could....

We were captured in all those ways and more!! Thanks to Creator for all the perfect weather, skies and creation and Elly’s Photography for capturing hundreds of images that reflect love, support, intimacy, gratitude and magnificent!
    So many tender moments with family and friends to reconnect to anytime!

Elly assembled a perfect team for us to have many hands on deck capturing it all! I never had to think about a thing!
    We had a blissful day of laughter and being moved to tears!
    It was perfect!!
    Worth every Penny and THEN SOME!!

We always say, spend the most on what you value the most, and cut corners Everywhere else! That’s exactly what we did, and the things that were free to us were some of the most heartwarming cherished gifts of love.
    Like my bouquet; hand picked and assembled by my best friends.
    And our potluck reception where we enjoyed home cooked recipes our friends and family prepared and passed down to our new family’s recipe box!
    Toasts and people honoring us with their presence and love!
    There were countless choices we made that created a couture and truly unique wedding weekend for us! Elly was a huge inspiration about that and was with me the whole way in designing what worked best for us!
    Beth Married on 05/30/2019

Thank you Elly!

Elly- You knocked it OUT OF THE PARK!!!

We had a fantastic experience working with Elly and would highly recommend her services. She was enthusiastic, fun, and professional. Her experience and support of our ideas ( helped make our vision a reality. Thank you for being a part of our special day.

Chrystal R. Married on 10/20/2018

Best Investment

We haven't even gotten all of our pictures back yet from Elly and I just cannot rave about her enough. It's only been two weeks since we got married and all I can do is stare at the sneak peaks we have so far. Elly is a freaking goddess! She is so, so talented and I want her to photograph every minute of my life. She will do whatever it takes to get an amazing shot. She knew how to get us to relax and have fun while taking pictures. Considering my husband and I have like 3 pictures together over 5 years (prior to the wedding), this was no easy feat!

Everyone told me that the thing you should invest the most in for you wedding is the photography. We took that to heart and have no regrets about it. You get what you pay for in the photography industry and Elly is 100% worth it. If you're on the fence about hiring her - don't be, just do it because I can promise that you will be satisfied.
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 09/01/2018

I loved working with BlueSky

Cass and her team are one of the best photographers in Charlotte. I was lucky enough to get to know Cass when I was planning weddings between 2010-2012 and I know from working with her then that she made her couples always feel comfortable and beautiful and was a true pleasure to work with! When I got engaged in 2017 and showed my fiance a few different photographers I liked he was hands down in love with her art work! We met with her and her team and knew right away that we wanted her to be apart of our wedding. We are so happy that we went with her. I love all my photos and my book is amazing!!! She is a little bit more expensive then some other photographers out there, so find out first if she can fit into your budget, but if she can, you couldn't ask for a better photographer. She makes you feel comfortable and you will enjoy every minute of your experience with her!

Weddings by BlueSky's reply:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful and meaningful review Melissa! We LOVEd getting to know you and Chris. Celebrating you as a strong woman with your boudoir photographs and then celebrating the two of you as a couple at the wedding has been amazing--we cannot wait to see what we celebrate next! ;-) Cheers to much love and epic adventures,
    Cass Bradey
    Kindle Married on 11/25/2017
    She’s BEYOND what you could hope or wish for in a photographer- Surpasses what I even knew existed! I feel like I started a journey with Elly at the beginning, as a stranger, and somewhere halfway through, I realized it was like she was always family, while still remaining a consummate professional. How does someone you just met capture moments of such intimacy, joy, and celebration, without you knowing her your whole life? Every image that I look back on I think, “ how did she do that...how did she capture that moment...how did she make time stand still in so many moments that I just want to sink into?” In preparation for the day, especially weeks leading up, and ALL throught my wedding day, She read my mind before I could ask, she worried for me so I never had to, and she made my fear of feeling like too much of a “mature bride,” fade away in the art of her lens & the beautiful story she told with her art. I will go so far as to say it felt like she created a fairytale memory that I couldn’t have dreamt up more beautifully...and I never even dreamt of my wedding day growing up!! I could go on and on ...so much that I panicked realizing today I waited too long to write this review. I feared I wouldnt do it the Justice Elly deserves. tonight it hit me-I can’t wait ONE MORE DAY to write this review- what if a bride is struggling to decide and these words might help!?” So I hope maybe a bride, family member, friend, or loved one reads this and hears or sees what they need to in order to makethe best choice they could make in their wedding planning! The most assured decision (besides my husband :) before during& after process, was choosing Elly. She’s exceptionally magical. She will capture your day and the memories of your special event through a lens and with a humbling artistic hand. Every image i receivd felt like opening a precious gift. I will Forever be thankful to Elly for capturing memories that transport us to that day and ones we will treasure always.
    Josie Married on 05/27/2017

My pictures, my album, MY GOODNESS!

I honestly cannot say enough incredible things about Elly! She is the whole package and an absolute dream to work with! Elly is the woman you want with you on your wedding day capturing the most intimate, romantic moments. She is kind, gentle, warm, and brings out the best in you. But, Elly also knows how to capture a party! While most photographers take a break when the party starts, Elly dives in deeper. My wedding day was a looooong day, and I never saw Elly take a break....which is why my album is the most GORGEOUS album I've ever seen!!! HOLY WOW! I was floored when I received it. It captures every special moment from my wedding. It is stunning and I am beyond happy that I have it for a lifetime. I could not be happier that I chose Elly to photograph the most important day of my life. One of the best decisions I made for my wedding!
    Rachel Married on 10/01/2016
    My friend in the wedding industry recommended Cass and the connection was instant. After meeting with other photographers I could tell how important it was to her to truly get to know me and my fiance. On the day of the wedding it felt as if a close friend had arrived when she showed up. During our engagement pictures she made us laugh and feel comfortable in what is generally an awkward situation. My husband even said he actually enjoyed the session when he had been absolutely dreading it before (note they were published in Carolina Bride Magazine). On the day of the wedding she was the epitome of professionalism and handled the difficult situation of organizing our plethora of family for organized portraits so efficiently, but with her sense of humor that made sure she did not come across as bossy or impatient. My parents and bridal party absolutely raved about her team's demeanor the day of - energetic and truly happy to be there. I will say that I was a little hesitant on price, but after getting back the pictures I feel they were worth every penny. So many brides these days are focused on photographers who take pictures of pretty table settings or bouquets. Don't get me wrong, I have those pictures, but those are not the ones that made me cry all over again. She captures truly beautiful candids that sometimes feel like art. I was also having some regrets about not hiring videographer on the day of the wedding, but Cass put together a sweet slideshow with music that so perfectly captured the day that it feels like you are reliving it all over again. She is so talented and I was so pleased that I will continue to recommend her to all newly engaged friends.
    Jamie L. Married on 05/15/2016
    Elly is AMAZING! The day we went for our consultation my husband and I knew she was the one to capture our big day, and we have no regrets at all! She is creative and very experianced. I have had more compliments on our wedding photography than I could ever count! I recommend Elly to any and everyone!
  • User5207417 2+ years ago
    Elly is absolutely fantastic. Not only is she a great photographer, but she is a great and friendly person to be around. My husband and I are not picture people, but our photos were amazing. Elly did our engagement and our wedding photos. She is very prompt to respond to emails and phone calls and always has time for a question. She was flexible in scheduling and was willing to travel anywhere to get the pictures we wanted. She is open to ideas and has plenty of her own and she will do anything to get the perfect shot! She will always be our photographer for any future event. You can not ask for a better photographer in experience, professionalism, and personality.
  • User5207413 2+ years ago
    All I have to say is...WOW I'm in love with ALL of my wedding pictures. If you are ever in need of a fabulous photographer(which who doesn't need one of those in their life) Elly's Photography is who you need!!! She and her team were absolutely flawless and I couldn't be happier with all the work they put into making these photos absolute perfection. We contacted her almost two and half months before the big day to book her, She was very flexible in meeting us to get our vision, and the time of preparation she put into making my timeline perfect so that I could just relax was so helpful. The day of the wedding I had no worries of making sure all my small intimate moments would be documented for me to enjoy forever.
    Alaina Married on 05/30/2015
    My wedding day was the happiest day of my life, and Elly has given us the opportunity to re-live that day over and over again. She captured every tear, laugh, hug, kiss and every single emotion of that day! Her pictures are just absolutely amazing. Not only is her work incredible, but she was such a joy to work with. You can tell that she loves what she does, and she is darn good at her job. I would/will recommend her to anyone looking for someone to eternalize their special moments.
  • User2306258 2+ years ago
    I was the mother of the bride and I was so very pleased with Cass' work. She was polite on wedding day, but efficient. She was well dressed and blended well with our guests as well as her assistant. The proof was in the pudding though when my daughter received her pictures back from Blue Sky. They were so beautiful and tastefully done. We had a hard time trying to decide what to print for our wall. I highly recommend this professional photographer.
    Morgan Married on 09/27/2014
    BlueSky Studios are the bright and shiny gem in Charlotte's premier photography crown. My husband and I were lucky to have BlueSky Studios photograph our wedding. Let me just say organizing a wedding is a very demanding business, but here's something every bride and groom should consider: at the end of the day, and several years ahead, all you really have are your memories of your event and your photographs. Wouldn't you want them to be beautiful and emotion drenched? To capture all of those moments you may have been too exhausted to notice? BlueSky does this. My husband and I are able to relive all the important parts of our wedding day every time we view our photos. Their candid images are jaw-dropping; they truly have an eye for the beauty of your day and they will capture each and every moment with poise and grace. One thing to say about brilliant photographers is that they are rarely ever seen; they blend in and steal away moments for you to enjoy for the rest of your life. When they are seen they make you feel comfortable and easy. BlueSky does this in such an artful way. They are incredibly passionate about their craft, and you can see it in every image. They are also wonderful people to work with. They really care about their clientele and strive to not only capture gorgeous images, but also to work with you one on one to create a package that works for your budget and for your vision. My husband and I will treasure our images for the rest of our lives; we feel so grateful to have been able to have them photograph our wedding. They come highly recommended.
  • User2044364 2+ years ago
    They provided the photography for my best friends wedding and they were incredible! So much fun to work with and her pictures are to die for!! I am jealous that I did not use them for my wedding. Great job, great price and highly recommended
  • User5207411 2+ years ago
    Elly is simply AMAZING!!! Choosing her as our wedding photographer was the easiest and best decision we made!
    First of all, she is so easy going, friendly, and wonderful to work with. We used her for our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits, and our wedding, and each experience was PERFECT! My husband and I are both shy in front of the camera and she did a fantastic job of putting us at ease and capturing beautiful pictures for our engagement shoot. We had so much fun with her and didn't want the shoot to be over! My mom and sister fell in love with her at my bridal shoot, and ALL of our wedding guests commented on how great she was to work with.
    Second, she takes GORGEOUS pictures!!! When I first looked at Elly's webpage, I was hugely impressed with her work but wasn't sure if she was the right fit because there were some shots I didn't think we could pull off because we're not models. Boy was I wrong! I absolutely LOVE how we look in our pictures! Elly's photography is the perfect combination of raw beauty shots, dramatic lighting/scenery shots, and shots that capture the pure joy of moments. As my husband and I looked through our wedding pictures, I went from crying to laughing to being amazed to crying again.
    We will always cherish the images Elly took and are SO glad she was the one who captured our big day!!!
    Erin Married on 02/22/2014
    Elly is so talented and she has the ability to capture the special moments perfectly! I would recommend her to anyone that is needing photography! I hired her for our engagements photos, my bridal portrait and the day of the wedding! I have had the pleasure of knowing her more than 15 years and she is very sweet and easy to work with. There was never a time I felt I needed to tell her which photos I needed captured, she knew what questions to ask before hand in order to make the wedding day flow perfectly! Elly will by my photographer for life!
    Carlin Married on 05/04/2013

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bitton, Carlin South Atlantic Market - CHARLOTTE NC"
    Date: July 25, 2013, 11:41:27 AM EDT
    To: "carlinbitton@hotmail.com"

Carlin - JULY 24, 2013 - 4:20 PM
    Bluesky team- We cannot thank you enough for shooting our wedding. Looking through the pictures over and over again I laugh and I cry. It is amazing how many shots and tender moments you captured that I missed. It is so nice to see my guests, my beautiful venue and the whole wedding captured from the eyes of the most magnificent photographer there is. The day went by in a blink of a eye but the pictures will be a lifetime of memories. Even before I met you I stalked your website and pictures and knew you were the one I “needed” to shoot our wedding and I was absolutely correct! Thank you again for being our photographer, being patient and becoming our friend! Everyone at Bluesky is amazing, kind and of course extremely funny and TALENTED! Love, Carlin and Sean
    Ashley Married on 03/22/2013
    For a couple that hates to have their pictures taken, not only did Elly make it fun, she kept us laughing and made us feel special! Elly did both our engagement and wedding pictures. We can't wait for the next moment in our life she will be able to capture! I recommend her hands down because the experience goes way beyond the actual photos!
    Danielle Married on 01/19/2013
    Elly was wonderful to work with! I'm a pretty laid back bride and probably gave limited direction, yet she captured our day perfectly. She has an eye for using light and is great at making art out of any experience. I simply had the wedding I dreamed of and she put the story boards together so I may cherish it forever. You can check out our public gallery because it made "wedding of the week" on a photography site! https://www.collages.net/ConsumerSite/GuestLogin.aspx?FURL=1037996376
    Norma Married on 09/29/2012
    God bless Cassandra and her team at BlueSky.
    Since the moment I sat down with her, she totally understood our vision for our wedding. She really took charge when things started to go sour at the venue. Our ceremony/reception site TRIPLE booked the venue. Needless to say, could add lots of stress to a bride on the day-of. Although we couldn’t get some of the shots we planned, she still improvised and made it a memorable experience with equally beautiful images. Not only did she take the most beautiful pictures ever, she helped me calm down and she worked in coordination with the DJ to set a schedule of events for the day.
    BlueSky’s services are worth every penny and more.
  • User5207401 2+ years ago
    Elly is fabulous- puts you at ease and makes you feel very comfortable. Not to mention, is amazingly talented as a photographer - her lighting expertise is amazing! You cant get pictures these good in this area for the same price!!
    Leanna Married on 07/04/2012
    Elly does an absolutely fantastic job!! She was the only photographer I wanted after seeing her photos and I was not disappointed!! They were beyond expectation and she is so fun to work with!!
    Aubre Married on 05/31/2012
    I truly wish there was more than 5 stars I could give BlueSky Photography. I hired BlueSky photography to put together a Catalog for my Online Bridal Accessories business. BlueSky Photography was my #1 Choice however, due to her wedding & honeymoon being right around the same time I needed her, I just knew there was no way she could pull it off. I was SO WRONG! What Cassandra can put together in a Week would take a team of 20. She took so much weight off my shoulders for this Photo Shoot helping me gather the best assistant, hair & makeup artist, model and wedding dress any one could find in Charlotte. I can not even express how thankful I am to have had her as my photographer.

Not only did she do all those things before the photo shoot but during the photo shoot she worked Even harder!. Cassandra doesn't mind hopping on and off ladders, crates, bushes or even laying flat on the concrete as long as it produces the Best Shot Possible! With all of these things Cassandra will do it with a Smile on her Face!! She is truly a gem. If you want your big day to be Special and Fun with no Stress because you know Cassandra will make sure to Capture the best wedding moments and pictures possible! BlueSky Photography is the photographer to Hire!