Bluemont Vineyard Reviews

Bluemont Vineyard 3
Bluemont Vineyard 4
Bluemont Vineyard 5

Robin Dixon · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful setting, so easy!

Bluemont was wonderful! The setting was absolutely beautiful, and the staff was so knowledgeable. They were so on top of everything; my husband and I never had to worry about a thing!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 05/19/2019

Gorgeous One of a Kind Views!

We worked with three different people at Bluemont. Scarlett gave us the initial tour and booked us. Then we worked with Amy before our date was transferred to Janet. Amy seemed very no-nonsense and made me feel very confident that everything would go right. However it did seem like the closer we got, the less accommodating they were, or the more things had to be changed because of the way they “usually” do things. I feel like I found out or was made aware of certain details very last minute. I’m not sure if those details were in the contract or not to be honest, but it wasn’t like I was reading the contract every single day so I felt blindsided a couple times.

At any rate, during the rehearsal and especially the day of, Janet really was phenomenal. The day before, we were waiting for a long time for the groomsmen to show up before giving up and going ahead with the rehearsal. Janet and our officiant Michael DiMatteo were very understanding. On the day, everyone came together to put the décor up. I felt like I blinked, and everything was done. One of our guests had a medical emergency during cocktail hour, and our reception was held up by almost an hour. I had a dress change, so my husband and I were waiting in the bridal suite the whole time. We had no idea anything was wrong until we saw the emergency vehicles. In fact, some of the guests that were sitting right next to the guest in question had no idea. The situation was dealt with very discreetly. Janet kept us calm and happy for the entire night. She worked extremely hard to make everything perfect!

My one big negative point was that the groomsmen were able to drink before the ceremony. They showed up late, and immediately went to the bar. Other guests were allowed into our reception space early because of this, so the wow factor was not there. Amy had told us the doors would be closed to guests, but we had a few friends come early to help set up. I do not blame Bluemont or Savoir Fair entirely for this, but in the future the bartender should have more common sense. I don’t think bride and grooms should have to explicitly say “do not serve anyone pre-ceremony.” If anyone should be able to drink – it’s the couple anyway! Again, this was mostly in part to the useless groomsmen. I am also a little annoyed that we were forced to use Savoir Fair and the food was average. If you are only offering one option for a caterer, they should be phenomenal. Also, I had to use my flower girl’s bouquet for the toss, because someone had misplaced the toss bouquet.

Overall, I am very happy with Janet and Bluemont. We had a gorgeous wedding. I really do feel like I had my dream wedding and my vision was brought to life perfectly.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

We appreciate you taking time to leave your review. We look forward to seeing Kelley & Phil back for future anniversaries.

Molly · Married on 08/11/2017

Naturally stunning venue with a great team! We LOVED the look of the place from the very beginning. The views are spectacular, the sales team and wedding coordinators are very patient, kind, and flexible. The day of our wedding everything inside looked amazing. They even let me come in on the rehearsal day to set up to my liking (note: no flower arranging on site, so if you do centerpieces yourself, be sure to figure out how to transport a million vases with water ahead of time!) We loved Bluemont's ability to let us bring in our own alcohol, but use their YUMMY wine; and their caterer is amazing so DO NOT FEAR that you have to use them. The staff was great about making sure the bride in groom our favorite drinks in hand, enough of our favorite foods, and were kind to our very rowdy crowd while being accommodating to the older side of things. After a sunny day and a few portraits, the skies opened up and it rained. And rained. They were very great with transitioning our outdoor wedding into a very intimate ceremony on the covered patio and I truly felt like it was meant to be that way the whole time. No fault of Bluemont but it did cause some trouble with plumbing. They did their best to keep guests from using it while they tried to fix it but it lingered longer than desired. All in all it was a a good chunk of change but well worth the money. You don't need to spend a lot of money on decor because the stable is already SO amazing you save some funds there. We can't wait to return to visit!

Sent on 12/25/2017

Erica · Married on 09/26/2015

Not only is Bluemont Vineyard one of the most beautiful venues to have your wedding ceremony and reception but the staff's attention to detail from start to finish is outstanding!! Our day was perfect, everything we planned and more!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Erica,
    It was a pleasure working with you and your family for your wedding day! Thank you for sharing your experience with Bluemont Vineyard. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Happy New Year!
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 08/29/2015

Beautiful, beautiful venue. Amy is the coordinator we worked with... she was absolutely fabulous and I have no doubt she was running around all day working things behind the seems to create a seamless day for us.

It was a magical day. We had a TON of guests tell us it was one of the best weddings they'd ever been too. Great mix of easy-going and elegant. Great day!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience!

Steve · Married on 06/13/2015

Bluemont is so beautiful. We worked with wedding coordinator Jen and she was very helpful with getting our day planned. On the actual date, she was juggling everything and things went off without a hitch, so we were very happy. It isn't cheap and they have some pretty strict rules about timing of your events, but honestly the beauty of the place and the quality of service makes it totally worth it.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Melanie · Married on 05/30/2015

Amy Thunell was great to work with! She was our event planner and we were lucky to have her as our day-of coordinator as well. She was very helpful in recommending local vendors and the timing of all of the events. The coordination and organization of the Bluemont team is top notch, and we felt like we were in good hands through the entire process.

Our guests were wowed by the venue and stellar view, and were pleased with the wine. The peach wine was a big hit! Savoir Fare, the venue's contracted caterer, did a good job with the food and service.

I highly recommend this venue. A tip - if you want a Saturday wedding during peak season, then visit well in advance and be prepared to book over a year out.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Alexis · Married on 09/05/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at the Stable at Bluemont Vineyard. It was an absolutely stunning venue, and the staff executed everything we asked for. Amy was our day-of coordinator, and she was super organized and professional. Our guests have given us so many compliments about the place.

All our vendors were awesome, too. We used Kathleen from Elegant Momentz for decorations, Carolyn from Taylor Made for our cake, and Kirkabee for DJ. Everything was amazing!

My only criticism for Bluemont is that it was expensive, mostly because they don't give you a choice of caterer -- you have to use Savoir Faire. The food was delicious and exactly what we asked for, but we did find it pricey.

All around, if you want to get married outside with a beautiful view, then have a rustic-yet-elegant feel to your reception, this is the perfect place. Highly recommend it.

Sent on 09/09/2014

We had a great experience with Bluemont. The venue is gorgeous. We were lucky to have great weather, but were relieved that Bluemont provided a back-up rain plan. We also found that it was easy to communicate with Bluemont in terms of all the administrative details of planning a wedding (e.g., contracts, invoices, insurance etc). Amy Thunell, our wedding coordinator, was amazing. She was organized, thorough and always promptly (and patiently) answered our many, many questions! At times, we were overwhelmed with the number of decisions that had to be made; she was really helpful at helping us make decisions and providing her expert opinion when needed. We also had almost a dozen vendors, and she did a fabulous wrangling and coordinating all of them. We have no doubt that the flawless execution of our wedding was largely in part due to her.

Sent on 03/22/2015

Tamara · Married on 04/26/2014

If you are looking for a rustic setting with a beautiful outdoor view look no further -- The Stable at Bluemont Vineyard was the perfect venue for our wedding. Moreover, from the very start Debbie and Amy's professionalism in event planning was a wonderful plus for us. Amy tracked all of our details and was a pro the day-of, coordinating a seamless execution of the day, leaving us worry-free to enjoy every minute of our wedding day.

The winery and Stable itself are positioned on the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge mountains with a gorgeous view of Loudoun County (where the ceremony takes place). Inside the Stable you will find just the right blend of rustic charm and a modern wedding facility. The outdoor space has such a fantastic view which allowed us to have a wonderful mixed indoor/outdoor wedding.

Note that you must use their recommended caterer. Savoir Fare was an excellent caterer that took time to listen to our needs and went out of the way to supply a seasonal menu. The plus: one less decision we had to make! But if you're hoping to go with another vendor, keep in mind that isn't a possibility. However I don't think you'll be disappointed - Joan was fantastic.

Bluemont Vineyard comes highly recommended - not just for the venue itself, but for the people, and service you will receive - it's an amazing place.

Sent on 03/30/2015

We had a wonderful wedding reception at The Stable at Bluemont Vineyard. Very memorable - the staff was friendly and accommodating! We wish that there was a little more flexibility with the choice of caterer - the food was good, but just wish we had more options. This is not Bluemont's fault since they had no idea what the weather would be, but it was raining on our big day, so the roof was leaking and guests were trying to avoid drips on their heads during the reception and puddles on the dance floor! Still everyone had a wonderful time and a memorable experience! Thank you to Debbie and her staff for all of their help in making it such a great memory!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Melanie · Married on 11/08/2013

My wedding at Bluemont Vineyard was perfect! Our wedding was at 4pm in early-mid November. The view was beautiful, and all of guests, including many who had travelled in (TX, MD, CA, FL, and more), raved about the beauty and uniqueness of the Stable. The day was chilly but we were perfectly comfortable in the climate controlled building.

A few items to note:
    -Bluemont requires you use their caterer; I heard lots of compliments about the food though!
    -You must purchase their wine but you can bring in whatever beer or liquor you want. The price of the venue, linens, food was about the same as other venues in the area, and being able to buy our own alcohol (aside from wine) was very helpful to the budget!
    -There is a bridal room that is comfortable for the bride to get dressed in, but it is upstairs and there is no bathroom upstairs.
    -You must purchase insurance and an ABC license, but those were 2 of the easiest things to do in the wedding.
    -There are at least 3 hotels in leesburg that will provide shuttle service to Bluemont if you have sufficient # of rooms booked in

My day of coordinator (provided by the venue) was so easy to work with and gave me confidence that the day would go off without a hitch. (I also had a private coordinator who worked with Bluemont.) everything made it back to the hotel that night without me having to worry about it, because the day of coordinator makes sure all your personal items and gifts are loaded into a designated guest's car.

My husband was hesitant that the dance floor was too far away from some of the tables and in an awkward spot, but it worked out just fine.

I also ended up using a decorator recommended by the venue, and I think that was one of the best decisions we made! There were so many unique touches to the wedding that complimented the rustic environment.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Dannie · Married on 07/04/2013

We loved hosting our wedding at Bluemont Vineyard for 3 reasons: the view, the temperature controlled Stable, and the food! It's a gorgeous place to host a wedding, we married on the 4th of July and our guests watched fireworks from the main lawn. We had great weather on the day of our wedding, but loved having our reception indoors with AC- and could also be a back-up location in case of rain for the ceremony. The bridal suite on the second floor with the balcony was also a plus it was the only vineyard we looked at that had a big private space for the bridal suite. You can't choose your own caterer which is why I didn't give a 5 for flexibility, but I can assure you won't want to, the food by Savoire Fare is amazing. The team at Bluemont is professional, friendly, and incredibly responsive. Some brides might find it confusing to have several people working on your account, but I appreciated knowing that there was a team who was familiar with our wedding so that when a staff change did happen I never had any doubts that our wedding planning was in jeopardy. Our day of coordinator was Amy Thunell and she is fantastic. She had everything organized and under control so that on the day of our wedding I didn't think about anything except enjoying our day. As a super organized person I appreciated the timeline so I knew when I needed to schedule appointments or send payments. A list of preferred vendors is provided; we ultimately chose a baker, officiant, and photographer from that list. You must purchase their wines for your wedding, but you can bring in beer and liquor. The paper lanterns and twinkle lights let the charm of the venue shine through. The rental fee is on par with other venues in the DC area. You do have to pay extra for chairs, linens, etc...but we appreciated the ease of working w/our planner to choose those items instead of bringing all of that in ourselves. We are thrilled that Bluemont was the site of our wedding and plan on visiting often!

Sent on 08/02/2013

We had a very good experience with Bluemont overall. THe site is lovely and the staff is so warm, friendly and responsive. They provide wedding coordinators to help keep things moving. My biggest disappointment was the chicken entree which I had specifically been concerned that chicken can be dry. The chef of Savoir Faire, the caterer I believe is very talented but somehow that day the chicken was so disappointing. The dinner may have been delayed slightly which may have been the cause. I think if brides just make sure to have another choice and also to taste the sides, they would be happy

Sent on 08/02/2013
  • User3182048 · 2+ years ago

Bluemont was the perfect venue for our wedding! After seeing tons of venues in MD and Virginia we just felt at home when we walked into Bluemont and were met by Debbie. The rustic but elegant feel of the Stable was exactly what we wanted, and we really loved that it came ready to go with small twinkle lights and white paper lanterns. The view from the ceremony site is breathtaking, and needs no enhancement. Beth, in charge of events at the stable and also assigned as our day-of-coordinator, was amazing! We were initially unsure as to whether we needed to hire a DOC from outside the venue, but Beth helped along the way, always answering our emails and turning all of our planning for the day into a reality. The wine is great (even guests from Napa agreed :)), the food from Savoir Fare was awesome and we had a perfect wedding day! The ONLY thing I can think of that they can do to improve is add a rolling coat rack with hangers (it was a bit chilly on our wedding day and guests ended up just putting coats on the backs of chairs – not a huge deal). The venue was also was super amenable to our slightly non-traditional way of doing things.

Sent on 04/07/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2012

We could not have picked a more beautiful setting for our wedding. The views were truly unparalleled, and the overall atmosphere was so calm and peaceful. The staff at Bluemont was great to work with (though we had a slight issue with our seating cards being properly placed the day of). In general, we were overjoyed to have both our ceremony and reception at Bluemont and we will be visiting for years to come.

Sent on 01/05/2013

Meghann · Married on 10/23/2011

I'm so thrilled that we chose Bluemont for our wedding venue. My husband and I were visiting my parents in Fairfax during the Thanksgiving holiday and he proposed to me. So, the next day we went to Bluemont to celebrate and drink wine with the family. I asked the girl behind the counter if they had weddings and she said of course. We looked around and toured the place and looked at photos of past weddings. I looked to him and said - what do you think? He replied, I give it a 9 out of 10. I said - Ok, we will get married here. I didn't look at any other wedding venues and I am not impulsive! It was PERFECT!! The staff was so helpful and accommodating. Beth and Emily were extremely responsive to my many e-mails :) Planning a long distance wedding is hard - but they were so helpful. 99% of the wedding attendees were from out of town and everyone kept raving about the beautiful location and the venue. It was great for a fall wedding! The fall foliage was an awesome back drop for our day! Perfect day! Perfect everything!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Sarah · Married on 10/04/2008

This is an amazing location!

Sent on 03/31/2009

Caitlin · Married on 09/21/2017

My husband and I got married at Bluemont Vineyards 9/22/17. Bluemont is a well-oiled machine at putting on weddings! They were organized and resourceful in helping me plan the perfect day! Jenny was our day of coordinator and she was the BEST. Jenny's support is what helped out wedding day be so special and run smoothly. We bought an extra hour at the beginning of the day so we could get into the venue early to take pictures. It was very necessary and the best $150 we spent! Our guests were beyond impressed with the views, food, and service!

Bluemont Vineyard 6
    Sent on 10/06/2017

Caitlin,
    We appreciate you taking the time to leave this glowing review. We are thrilled your wedding event was so memorable. Jenny and our team so enjoyed working with you!

Caitlin · Married on 09/06/2015

3.5

LOVED everything about our wedding here. The view is spectacular, the wine is great, and the staff are so wonderful. Rachael was our day-of coordinator and she was really awesome - she took care of everything and was super sweet about it. Yes, the venue is pricey but then again, what venue in the area isn't? We weighed our options between here and another venue - the price here was more but in the end we decided that it was worth spending more to get married at the place we really wanted - and with the view we love.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Kyzia S. · Married on 05/30/2014

We had the most beautiful wedding at Bluemont Vineyard! It was beyond our expectations. We actually had set a date but had to change it due to family issues on both sides. Debbie Z. was awesome to work with and was super flexible and understanding!
    Our Day of Coordinator was Genevieve (Jenny) and she was fabulous! We loved her so much. She really helped things go smoothly. The view and stable is a unique venue and we couldn't have picked a better place. Every guest raved about it! The food is done by an in house caterer, Savior Faire, and it was delicious!
    Thanks to the Bluemont Vineyard staff for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/19/2014

My now-husband and I were looking for a barn-style venue to host up to 200 guests for our wedding, with separate spaces for the ceremony and reception. A friend of the family told us about Bluemont Vineyard, and, after visiting once, we were sold. Event planning is included in every package, and our coordinator Amy Thunell was such a godsend, managing all of the details leading up to and on the day of the wedding.

Our only complaint was that vegetarian / gluten-free guests didn't receive special meals (as planned), and the milk we purchased to accompany our cake was never served.

Sent on 03/21/2015

krista · Married on 10/16/2010

I thought I reviewed Bluemont right after our wedding, but it looks like I forgot. We got married at Bluemont in November of 2010, after looking at literally more than 20 venues. The stable is such an amazing venue, and we were lucky to have weather amazing enough to have the ceremony outside. The view is incredible, and cannot be beat, same as the feel of the stable! Absolutely amazing venue!

I've heard Terri from Fruit of the Vine is no longer at Bluemont; not sure if this is true or not, but she was amazing and so accommodating and our guests absolutely loved the food!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2015

3.0

The location is absolutely stunning. Everyone we worked with was very delightful. Janet was our coordinator, couldn't have asked for a sweeter, kinder, and more responsive person. The venue only works with Savoir Fare as the caterer, and fortunately their food is spectacular. Everything went perfect. The only thing I would recommend brides is to book an earlier entry time. 2 hours before the ceremony to set up, did not seem like enough. The venue also requires you end your party promptly at 10:30, also way too early. Besides that, it was truly a fairy tale wedding!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Jodi · Married on 05/16/2015

Bluemont has a beautiful space and view to get married at. They were very helpful in getting my team together of vendors to make my wedding come to life. I used mostly people from their list of recommendations. We had the most magical day there! Were excited to be able to keep going back to enjoy the wines. The caterer that you are required to use is AMAZING! I was told by my guests it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Debbie and her team are thoughtful, professional and helpful all in a timely manner. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2015