Bluemont Vineyard Reviews

Bluemont Vineyard 3
Bluemont Vineyard 4
Bluemont Vineyard 5

Katherine · Married on 05/26/2017

Everything about Bluemont was amazing! The best perk was having the on site coordinator she made our wedding day stress free! I am so happy we got married there. It was the perfect day!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Emily · Married on 05/20/2017

We had our absolute dream wedding at The Stable at Bluemont. Amy was SO helpful and put so many of our worries at ease by simply saying, multiple times, "Let me handle that." We couldn't be happier with everything. Guests have been raving non-stop about how it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to, even on a cloudy day. Our only complaint is that it went too fast and we wish we could do it all over again!!!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

My new husband and I recently got married here. We were looking for something that was “perfect Piedmont Vineyard”, and that’s exactly what we got. The staff was outstanding – there was someone to help us at every step of the wedding planning process, and helped us craft the perfect wedding celebration. The wedding planning team provided us with helpful advice on how to coordinate the day, gave us a list of vendors (all great recommendations themselves), and were there any time we needed them. Having a coordinators to help you along the way, and a day of coordinator who is familiar with the venue made a big difference. Special thank you to Deb, Amy, and Janet!!! There is a good reason that The Stable at Bluemont is the number 1 wedding venue in Loudoun – they give a personalized touch to the wedding planning process that makes you feel like family. We are so happy to be part of the Bluemont Family. This venue is popular, and they book up quickly, so plan in advance!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2017

Everyone at Bluemont was great to work with. Amy was especially fantastic and made sure it was stress-free! She was extremely helpful throughout the whole process from giving tips and advice to suggestions of vendors. Every guest had a great time and everything ran smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a better day or team to work with. Thank you Amy and everyone at Bluemont!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Amy · Married on 04/21/2017

My husband and I got married at Bluemont in April and it was a gorgeous day and everyone was great to work with. Can't say enough good things about our coordinator, Amy Thunell!! She took care of everything behind the scenes and even helped avoid a complete disaster when our DJ didn't show up on time for the ceremony. This place is beautiful, Amy was great, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience!

TIARA · Married on 04/08/2017

Jenny and Amy and the rest of the team at Bluemont were AMAZING! From the initial planning stages down to the day of details, they made planning and executing our day completely painless with their professionalism, quick responses, attention to detail, but most importantly their genuine personalities and care for making our day stress free! Jenny was a total blessing - I couldn't have dreamed up a better coordinator! Our guests raved about Bluemont as well - from the view, to the staff, to the food - it really was everything we hoped for and more.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Tiara,
    We are thrilled that your wedding experience was such a wonderful success! We appreciate the time you took to leave your thoughts. We wish you and Mark the very best as you begin your lives together!
  • W

Wendy · Married on 04/01/2017

After our first visit to Bluemont Vineyard, we fell in love with the venue. It was the perfect location for a springtime ceremony and reception with family and friends. We received many compliments from guests on the beautiful scenery and décor. We had the best experience working with Bluemont over the course of the planning. Amy Thunell, the event planner and day-of coordinator was such a pleasure to work with and it was clear after our first meeting that we were in very good hands. Everything ran so smoothly on the day of the wedding which allowed us to relax and enjoy our celebration with family and friends.

Sent on 04/08/2017

Aubrey · Married on 10/17/2016

We were engaged for 2.5 years so we had a LOT of time to change our minds or second guess wedding details. We picked Bluemont 2 years ago and knew we made the right choice. Stunning, classic, nature, rustic, breathtaking are all words to describe he experience that comes with this venue. All of our guests were blown away by this VA horse country beauty and we were blown away by how thoughtful, attentive, and all-encompassing Amy (coordinator) and her staff was. Every detail was perfect and thought through. We truly had the perfect day and we hope others will do themselves the favor and entrust Amy and her staff with their special day.
    Perfection.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Chelsea · Married on 10/16/2016

I looked at 10 beautiful venues in the Northern Virginia area for my October 16, 2016 wedding. I probably spent around an hour at each of them, and was having a hard time deciding. Bluemont was one of the last ones we went to, and within 5 minutes of being there I knew it was the perfect place for our wedding and there was truly no comparison to the others. Not only is the venue gorgeous inside and out, but we were beyond impressed with the staff, particularly Amy Thunell (our coordinator for the first few meetings) and Rachael Ballinger (our day-of coordinator). Obviously wedding planning is an overwhelming process, but when I met the staff at Bluemont I was 100% confident that they were on top of it. They are SO organized and will go through every single second and detail of the day with you to make sure everything goes exactly as you want it to. They also had great advice and helped me make a lot of decisions (champagne toast or not, signature cocktail, ideas for place cards, location of decor, timing for the whole event, sparkler sendoff, vendor recommendations, etc etc.) My wedding day ran like clockwork - I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Rachael was so sweet and wonderful and kept bringing the bridal party appetizers & drinks throughout the day. She also served us our dinner before everybody else so that we could get a chance to eat before making the rounds to the other tables. There are also some add-ons that they offer which will make your wedding even more awesome - like Bluemont's own fresh apple cider, apple cider donuts, and Savoir Fare's "late-night snack" food truck. I could go on and on - we don't have a single regret about our wedding, and that's all thanks to Bluemont/Amy/Rachael.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Brian · Married on 10/15/2016

Can we give more than five stars?

My wife and I had Bluemont on a long list of venues to check out. After touring the place, we made it maybe five minutes up the road before deciding to cancel our other appointments, turn around, and book them immediately. And thank goodness we did.

EVERYONE had comments about how gorgeous the place was. Amy, our wedding coordinator, was AMAZING. Constantly reassuring, every idea she had was perfect. She understood us (and our lack of vision and idea of how to even pull this wedding off) and guided us through it. The best compliment anyone gave us was when someone said that the wedding seemed like it had been perfectly tailored to match us as a couple. While I'm sure they meant that as a compliment for my wife and me, they were really complimenting Amy. We went into this with no idea of what we wanted, and Amy helped us every step of the way until we did.

The food from Savoir Fare was incredible. The wine from the vineyard was amazing, and the ability to bring in our own beer and liquor was a great way to save some cash. Amy recommended a team of vendors who knew the venue very well, and we felt like rock stars all day long.

If they are available, book at Bluemont immediately. It will absolutely be worth it.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Kelli · Married on 10/14/2016

We had a fantastic experience with our wedding at Bluemont. We knew we wanted to get married there the moment we arrived for the tour - it's such a beautiful venue and was perfect for the elegant outdoor theme we wanted.

Amy was our planning coordinator from the beginning and we loved working with her. She kept us on track the whole time and was very responsive to emails and phone calls. She also gave us great recommendations for local vendors. We used the officiant and transportation company she recommended and were so happy we did. I was so happy when I found out she was our day-of coordinator - we didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding night. We dropped off my gown and all our decor during the rehearsal the night before, and Amy had everything set up and ready to go when we arrived for the wedding. Everything went perfectly that night as far as I was concerned. If anything came up she handled it immediately and professionally. Apparently we forgot to bring petals for our flower girl, oops. As soon as Amy realized it she pulled a couple centerpiece flowers so that our flower girl had petals for the ceremony. I didn't even know about it until a week later when a bridesmaid mentioned it to me. We also under bought on the wine because we didn't know how much wine people would drink - when we ran out after the cocktail hour, she was able to get us more wine and it wasn't even an issue.

We had so many compliments on everything, from the gorgeous ceremony views and beautiful reception space, to the wine and the food and catering staff. The food was delicious and yes, we did get to sit down and eat - Amy made sure my husband and I were served first while our guests were just getting started. We got to enjoy our evening and celebrate with our guests without feeling rushed or stressed. Everything went smoothly from start to finish and we have absolutely no complaints. We could not be happier with our choice to get married at Bluemont!!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Kelli,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and Adam. We look forward to seeing you aging in the future for many anniversary celebrations!

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

My husband and I had our October 2016 wedding at the Stable at Bluemont Vineyard. We had been frequent visitors to Bluemont and absolutely loved the beautiful views and quality of service we always received there. When we got engaged, Bluemont was the first, and only venue we ended up checking out.

The Bluemont staff were professional and accommodating from the very start. We originally booked an Oct. 2015 wedding, but we ended up wanting to push our date back due to unexpected circumstances. Bluemont accommodated this adjustment graciously and without penalty. Debbie was very responsive to all of our questions and allayed any of our concerns.

We were so lucky to have Bluemont's Amy Thunell assist us through the planning process, and as our day of coordinator. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Amy and how absolutely amazing she is at what she does. Not to mention Amy has such a fun personality, she was a pleasure to work with. Every meeting with Amy leading up to our wedding instantly reduced our stress and assured us everything was under control. On our wedding day, Amy (and all the Bluemont staff) made sure everything unfolded flawlessly. We had a few unexpected hitches (like hurricane Matthew), but Amy handled it all with the utmost professionalism, coordinating with our other vendors to ensure we were stress-free and satisfied with all aspects of our day. We ended up going with Bluemont's rain plan for the ceremony, and although it was not what we planned, it was still perfect. Quite a few guests commented to us about how amazing Amy was at keeping everything on track and organized, a few even saying they wish they'd had her at their wedding.

More guests than we can count commented on how wonderful they thought our venue and event were. Everyone loved the views, the food, and the flow of events. We truly could not be happier with the outstanding job Bluemont did in creating our perfect wedding day, and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2016

My husband and I were married at Bluemont Vineyards in September, and they did a fantastic job making our wedding the perfect day! We chose Bluemont for several reasons: 1) we had our hearts set on a winery location, and Bluemont has definitely cornered the market here with spectacular views and a rustic stable wedding feel; 2) we wanted a location that would be convenient for guests coming from out of town. Bluemont is easily driveable from Dulles Airport; 3) great food was a must, and Savoir Fare (their designated caterer) met my husband’s high standards; 4) we wanted to bring our own beer (we didn’t serve liquor but could have brought that as well). My husband was very particular about choosing the beer we would serve, and we wanted to save money by purchasing it ourselves; 5) we favored outfits that were transparent with their costs. Bluemont had no hidden service fees; and 6) Bluemont had a solid rain contingency, which we ended up using, and we couldn’t have been more pleased. After choosing Bluemont, we were guided every step of the way by an initial wedding coordinator (Amy Thunell) and then later by Genevieve (Jenny) McLaughlin, who would was also our day-of coordinator. Both were very responsive to our many emails, texts, and phone calls. We coordinated probably a dozen trips to the Stable to work out the details, and they were very accommodating. Plus, they always sent us home with apple cider donuts! Our wedding was on a Friday, and Bluemont made it very easy for us to decorate ahead of time. Thursday weddings are rare, so we had plenty of time to stage and decorate after our rehearsal. As I mentioned, we did use their rain contingency, and it worked out perfectly. The Stable was decorated beautifully with lights, and they easily rearranged the chairs and tables to create a ceremony set up that couldn't have been more intimate and romantic. You really can’t go wrong with Bluemont, and thanks to everyone there who made our day so special!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

Kelly & Chris~ It was such a pleasure to work with your to create your wedding celebration. Thank you so much for choosing Bluemont Vineyard and for sharing your experience with us! Looking forward to celebrating many happy anniversaries to come with you!

Mary · Married on 08/20/2016

My daughter got married August 20, 2016 at Bluemont Vineyard and it was an amazing venue. From the day we booked the venue everyone was so accommodating to our individual style. Janet our day of wedding planner was a godsend and she worked her magic behind the scenes to make sure everything ran smoothly. She was awesome!! I highly recommend this venue for your wedding. They have it down to a science and I have not one single regret. Thank you for making this special day so memorable.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Cate · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I got married this past July at Bluemont Vineyard and had an incredible experience. We toured every venue from the eastern shore to western Virginia and as soon as we pulled into Bluemont we knew this was the place. Everything about the venue is special from the incredible scenery to the people that work there. We had the pleasure of working with Amy as our coordinator who made us feel so taken care of from the very first meeting. On the day of our wedding we had questionable weather with thunderstorms in the forecast. Amy and her team could have easily taken the easy route and have us move the ceremony inside but they insisted to wait it out and watch the radar and found us a window of opportunity to have our dream outdoor ceremony as originally planned. They were so accommodating and helpful and everyone raved about the food. Everything went so smoothly despite the numerous obstacles that very likely could have occurred. I would 100% recommend Bluemont Vineyard to any bride and groom!

Sent on 10/03/2016

We got married at Bluemont this July and cannot say enough good things about it! We had looked at a few different venues, but the organization and amazing view made Bluemont our top choice and I could not be happier about it! The staff made sure everything went smoothly and the whole process was stress-free thanks to Debbie, Amy, and our wonderful day of coordinator, Janet. They gave great recommendations and were very quick to answer questions and help guide us through the whole process. On the day of the wedding, Janet made sure everything went just as we had planned. All our guests loved the food (Savoir Fare), the wine, and everything about the venue. We would highly recommend Bluemont to anyone wanting a vineyard wedding!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Kate · Married on 06/25/2016

Bluemont KNOWS how to do weddings. Holy cow! They have a great system set up where you get your caterer, table, chairs, linens, bathrooms, bridal suite, and some decorations and probably even more that I can't think of right now all in one package when you sign with Bluemont for your wedding. We worked with Amy and Rachael to organize our big day and they were so helpful and nice. They were constantly offering us advice and ideas for our wedding decorations and setup. We didn't know exactly what we wanted our wedding to look like so this was really helpful. Rachael offered a few DIY ideas for decoration pieces and they saved us tons of money and were really fun projects to work on before the wedding. Amy also gave us great advice when we were making decisions on table linens, DJs, other decor, table setup and more.

OK, day of the wedding, I am not joking--NOTHING WENT WRONG. It was truly perfect. Rachael was our day-of coordinator and even she was a little surprised that not a single thing went array. The catering staff=amazing. So nice and professional. We had a lot of compliments about the catering staff being SO great. Rachael=INCREDIBLE. She was basically our personal assistant telling us it was time to cut the cake, toss the bouquet, have the first dance, etc. Things that, had she not been there, probably would have happened at the wrong time, making us go over our allotted time and costing us tons of money. She was a lifesaver. I cannot thank you enough Rachael!

I am probably forgetting tons of other things that were amazing about Bluemont but one last thing I do want to note--that VIEW! Our guests were falling over backwards for the view behind the altar and everytime we visited Bluemont, even now, we still get emotional seeing it. Such a stunning view and venue! If you are considering Bluemont and can squeeze it into your budget (which honestly, I thought this was a great deal for the area) GO WITH BLUEMONT!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Kate,
    Thank you for the rave review! It was such a pleasure working with you and your family! We look forward to seeing you and Pri back at Bluemont for future anniversary celebrations! All the Best, Debbie, Amy, Rachel and Team Bluemont Vineyard

Michael · Married on 06/11/2016

Amy and the staff of Bluemont were fantastic to deal with. They made the entire experience so wonderful. Me and my wife would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Cass · Married on 06/11/2016

We got married this past June and I'm SO happy we chose Bluemont for our ceremony and venue. First of all, the setting is truly spectacular. We got lucky with nice weather, so we were able to hold our ceremony outside. My guests are still ranting and raving about how beautiful the view was. Seriously, I can't imagine a prettier setting for a wedding. If you are even considering a VA vineyard wedding and haven't been to visit Bluemont...stop reading this review and GO VISIT.

That said, the setting and venue don't even come close to how awesome the staff out at Bluemont are. Debbie was great to work with. She is so organized, helpful and responsive. I was sold on the venue from our very first visit when she gave us a timeline of what to plan for and expect when planning a wedding there. When you're planning a wedding a Bluemont, it's probably your first time going through the experience, but not theirs. They KNOW how to do weddings. Amy was our coordinator and she was AMAZING. We met with her a few times before the big event. I always went into those meetings feeling so overwhelmed and left feeling completely at ease. She makes sure you have literally thought of and planned for everything to make sure your big day goes off without a hitch. And on that note, literally NOTHING went wrong during our wedding. If anything did go wrong, Amy handled it without me even knowing. She made sure that everything went perfect, literally everything! For all you Scandal fans out there, she is the Olivia Pope of weddings. It's handled.

The only thing I was worried about when I was planning the timeline was having to end the music at 10:30pm due to a county ordinance. In retrospect tho, that was an ideal time to wrap up the festivities. Our older guests were ready to go at that point and all of our younger crowd headed to MacDowell Brew Kitchen for an after party. We also added an extra hour on the front end to start the wedding at 4:00pm.

Highly, highly recommend Bluemont

Sent on 08/10/2016

Sheryl · Married on 06/10/2016

I would definitely talk to their wedding planner, Amy, who is fabulous! The venue and views are beautiful and Amy made the whole process easy and fun. Everything worked like clockwork and our guests had a great time and raved about the ceremony and reception. Their caterer, Savior Fare is amazing and the food was so delicious. Everything about our wedding experience with Bluemont was wonderful.

Sent on 01/08/2017

Megan · Married on 04/23/2016

We were married at the Stable at Bluemont Vineyards this past April, and couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. From the picturesque view during the ceremony and the beautiful reception within the stable, to the incredible day of coordinator and friendly staff, the team at Bluemont Vineyards truly made our wedding day perfect. We were fortunate enough to work with Amy Thunell throughout the wedding planning process and it was thanks to her guidance, advice, insight, expertise, and most importantly, recommendations, that we were able to plan a wedding day that went off without a hitch (or at least, she did such a great job the day of that we weren't aware of anything going wrong!). We are so thankful for all of Bluemont's help planning our perfect day, and would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a perfect all-in-one location for their wedding!

Sent on 05/15/2016

It was the best! I couldn't have been more happy about our experience. Thank you all!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Bluemont Vineyard's reply:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience!
  • W

Wesley · Married on 11/07/2015

Amazing view, staff, food, wine, etc. I had my dream wedding reception at Bluemont and wouldn't have done it any other way. Debbie, Amy, and Jen C. were amazing to work with. Everyone warns of the stress of wedding planning but I experienced a fraction of that (and most of that was of my own making...). Bluemont is the best.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Claire · Married on 10/31/2015

The Stable at Bluemont is a gorgeous venue and the staff was amazing through every step of the planning process. Amy, our event planner and day-of coordinator, made our whole experience so much fun and completely stress-free. We were also very pleased with the catering company, Savoir Fare. Their food is absolutely delicious!

We would 100% recommend this venue to any couple who is looking for a romantic wine-country wedding - especially in the fall!

Sent on 02/12/2016

Christine · Married on 10/23/2015

My husband and I got married at Bluemont Vineyard on 23 October 2015, and we cannot say enough compliments about the venue and the people at Bluemont that made it happen! We especially want to recognize Amy, our wedding coordinator at Bluemont. She is an exceptional wedding planner with a keen attention to detail and she ensured that our wedding and reception went off without any bumps! Amy handled the minor mishaps (e.g. DJ being late and playing the wrong aisle music) without hesitation and with grace under pressure. Prior to our wedding, we worked with Amy, Debbie, and the rest of the Bluemont staff to do the planning - every interaction was professional and so pleasant! What we really appreciated was that from the start Bluemont gave us a worksheet with a timeline and pricing so we had expectations about the logistics and everything moved according to schedule! The catering from Joan was delicious and our guests raved about the dinner! Last, but certainly not least, the venue is simply beautiful!

Sent on 12/10/2015