bluEDGE Productions Reviews

69 | San Francisco, CA

69 Reviews for bluEDGE Productions

Neal · Married on 08/24/2013

I worked with Quan and bluEDGE Productions for my wedding, and I must say, of all the vendors we worked with, Quan and team were the absolute best. Quan made his services absolute seamless during the wedding process and took every request from myself and guests in stride.

During the wedding, Quan helped us with the music for our Mehndi Party (night before event), the Baraat, Wedding Ceremony, and Wedding Reception. He provided the DJ system, music, speakers, wiring, microphones, projection screen, and expertise. Before the event, I met with Quan multiple times to detail what I wanted, and he was extremely receptive in making the event happen. Most importantly, he understood what I was asking for. He provided insight form his experience when he thought it made sense, and it was extremely valuable.

The best part about Quan was his professionalism. During the preparation process, I sent multiple emails to Quan about types of music, events, and thoughts I had (probably more than 100 emails in total). Quan kept everything organized and handled. He understood what we were aiming for in our wedding, and was able to deliver. Our event was an Indian wedding, and Quan had the experience in running that. He provided Indian music at appropriate times, hip-hop/american music when appropriate, and understood all the flow.

Quan and team are extremely professional and an absolute delight to work with. I cannot recommend bluEDGE strongly enough. Music is such an important part of a wedding and/or event. Quan was absolutely the best money we spent.

Sent on 03/19/2014

John · Married on 08/17/2013

First dj search on my groom-to-do-list.
    Amazing outcome.

- Personal interview, open dialog communication via email, text, phone call, and meeting beyond reproach.
    - Professionalism and mannerism is his forte, the whole package was the shiznet for my wedding.
    - Understood the flow and vibe received by the audience and turned his MC skills with positive energy.
    - With dj quan and his wing man Moses, we had an awesome time. You've got to start and end with a bang, that's how dj quan does it, makes your wedding memorable!
    - You cannot have a wedding without Up-lighting sets for your wedding. If you don't, it will look like boo boo and you cannot go out the night after spending all that money and not have up lighting sets. You will regret it if you don't get the up-lighting sets! So, get it!
    - I had quan and his mad scientist (designer) made two gobo templates for my wedding, absolutely gorgeous. One on the Floor and one on the wall. You've got to get yourself at least one of these. http://Gobo.com this is the biggest night of your life! Nothing else matters. So book his production now!

Sent on 09/11/2013

tammy · Married on 08/09/2013

We got married Aug 9th of this year. We used Bluedge Productions for Dj, lighting, and photo booth. They were very personable and accommodating from the start. Felix was our assigned Dj and MC. He did such a GREAT job! We are so pleased with his talent, and professionalism. He was very charming and knowledgeable when we first met him for our consultation. We had a list of questions and some concerns but he was able to answer all of our questions and really made us feel at ease to work with him.

On our wedding day, he showed up with his team early like promised and they did a superb job with the lights and our initials projected on the dance floor…it was perfect! The music and the transitions from our ceremony to cocktail hour to our reception were flawless. Felix really did an amazing job keeping things moving along and keeping us on track with our timeline. And the dancing was so much fun. He played all of our requests and also was able to work in our guest’s requests. My brides maids and I kept running back and forth between the photo booth and dance floor. It was the best night of my life! Thank you Dj Felix and the bluedge team…We will absolutely recommend you guys to our friends and family! Best of luck for the future.

Tammy

Sent on 11/20/2013

Amy · Married on 06/22/2013

We hired Bluedge for djing and photobooth for our wedding and we are so happy we went with them!! Dj Quan did an amazing job! He kept everything flowing and had all of our guests on their feet dancing all night! The music was so awesome even my dad and grandma where dancing and neither of them like to dance...and the photobooth was so much fun we get a kick out of the pictures every time we look through our scrapbook!

Our friend hired them for their wedding last year and recommended we give them a call. I'm so glad I did because at the time we were already thinking of going with the dj our venue had recommended...but my husband was not sold on the venue recommendation since the dj had no sample mixes (we are both music lovers and love to dance!). So once we saw the video demos on the bluegde site we were pretty much sold!..lol We contacted them and they were very professional and prompt in their responses. We met with Quan and immediately liked his personality. We had a bunch of questions and concerns and he was able to address all of them and set our mind at ease. He also send us a guide that really helped in figuring out songs for our wedding. To be honest we had no idea there was so much to think about but he really made it a lot easier!

Looking back we are really glad we went with Bluedge productions. Although they were a bit pricier than the company our venue had recommended, it was well worth it. We really feel they played a huge part in making our wedding a huge success. Thank you guys for making our wedding so fun, and care free! We would definitely hire them again for future events=)

Sent on 10/29/2013

Sid · Married on 11/09/2012

Choosing DJ Quan for our reception was one of the best decisions we made for the event. At a high level he was:

- Available to answer any/all questions
    - Extremely professional in his communication and approach
    - Reasonably priced, especially considering what you get for the investment
    - Timely
    - There to meet us prior to the event to make sure our needs were met
    - Making sure the flow of the evening was perfect
    - Keeping everyone on the dance floor, young and old

Many of our guests enjoy Bollywood music and we also wanted to include mashups, and top-40/hip-hop. Not an easy task, but DJ Quan not only met the challenge but crushed it! We received many compliments both during the event and after. I highly recommend DJ Quan for any event.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Hannah · Married on 10/21/2012

Being a Southern California bride with a wedding in Napa, DJ Quan made the entire planning process so easy. DJ Quan was professional, responsive, catered to all of our music requests and provided such helpful advice throughout the planning. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and we would highly recommend BluEdge Prodcutions to our friends!

Sent on 12/11/2012

jamie · Married on 03/13/2010

Wish I could give 10 stars!!!! Quan is the best DJ I've EVER heard and I love music! He was my wedding DJ and was awesome in every way - professional, fun, easy to work with, flexible, attentive and the music at our wedding was fabulous! Many of our guests have told me that our wedding was the most fun wedding they've been to and its because of Quan's amazing DJ skills. Our dance floor was packed the entire time, my entire family, including my Grandma could not stop dancing. I kept meaning to leave the dance floor to talk to guests, but every time a song would end the next song would be even better - finally I came to the rationalization that if people wanted to hang out with me they'd have to find me on the dance floor. I've never heard so many great songs in a row. I'm so happy Quan was our DJ. He exceeded my expectations in every way and made my life so much easier during the entire wedding planning process. You are in great hands if you book with Quan!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Aimee · Married on 09/09/2017

Quan and the BlueEdge team were fantastic! Quan was communicative and extremely supportive, listening to our general ideas for what we were looking for (for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing), and he completely came through! BlueEdge also put up some accent and texture lighting, which added a great touch to our reception. Do not hesitate to use Quan and the BlueEdge team!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Erica · Married on 05/27/2017

We just wanted a huge dance party and DJ QUAN delivered!!!! He never let the dance floor lull and kept everyone going until the end. Many of our guests were even begging fore more at the end of the night. He was also a fantastic MC and kept us on schedule. The lighting was gorgeous!!! He has a outgoing personality and you can really tell he enjoy what he does! It was professional through and through, even the webcam date to finalize things!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Rosemarie · Married on 06/30/2016

We have a VERY specific music choices we wanted to be played from prelude to the last dance. DJ James of bluEdge was easy-going, very organized, and assuring. He's also an amazing and entertaining MC. He had to play music in 3 different areas of our venue and he did it seamlessly. All our wedding guests were extremely impressed with him. He got EVERYONE dancing and he kept the party going until the end. DJ Jeep who was my first contact at bluEdge was very responsive, professional and helpful until after the wedding. He made sure the company met our expectation. We strongly recommend bluEdge and DJ James. AWESOME JOB!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Jenna · Married on 08/31/2014

DJ Quan is awesome! BluEdge Productions provided music and photo booth for our wedding in Berkeley in August. The entire process was great, from the first meeting to the numerous emails up to the actual day of the wedding. You can tell that Quan is experienced and knows what he is doing. He provided a lot of guidance with timeline, song selection and event flow. At the actual day, he took charge of sticking to the timeline and when we ran behind schedule was quick to make suggestions to adapt. Quan is polite and generally a really nice person. At the reception, the guy knew exactly how to draw the older crowd on to the dance floor in the early hours, and deliver our style of music to rock the party later in the evening. Awesome night, awesome guy, 5 stars!

Sent on 09/14/2014

DJ Quan is more than a DJ; he was the lifeline of our party. For receptions, music and the flow are key to keeping the energy upbeat, and he met an exceeded all expectations by executing seamless transitions from cocktail hour to dinner to dancing. Our guests (ranging from teenagers to young adults to 60-70 year olds [and even my 95 year old grandmother!]) were on the dance floor all night! The only complaint I have is that our night ended too soon and the party had to end. I would highly recommend him if you want a fun and energetic atmosphere.

The photobooth was also AWESOME! Everyone had tons of fun with all the unique props that bluEdge provides. It was definitely worth the investment because we have all the photobooth pictures to look back on for years to come.

Sent on 09/07/2014

Catherine · Married on 03/30/2013

As a photographer, I have worked with and heard a lot of DJs. I was the second photographer for DJ Quantum's wedding. Despite being the groom, he was totally on top of coordinating details for his wedding. So when it came time for my own wedding, Quan was at the top of my list. I loved his demo; not only the music selection but the actual mixing! I have been to weddings where "DJs" just press play on their iPods and transitions between songs are choppy or mismatched. Quan put us both at ease. He was professional, courteous, friendly, confident, and capable. A week before the event, Quan conferred with me about our Ceremony and Reception timeline. He helped our friend with her MC duties and accommodated my special request to find the music for a surprise song to sing to my husband. He provided valuable input on uplighting our event. The day before the wedding, Quan called me to go over last-minute details. The day of the wedding, Quan arrived with plenty of time to set up and confer with the MC. The transition between pieces for the Ceremony was perfectly timed. Our Mad Men style wedding was wonderfully complemented by Quan's music selections for cocktail hour. Quan did a great job pacing the introductions at our reception as well as pronouncing difficult names. Throughout the night, he checked in as our timeline became more elastic. He kept things running and made sure to coordinate with the photographers so they could capture toasts, cake cutting, my song, and the first dance. (We had a fog machine that Quan's team was more than happy to man for us!) I didn't put Gangnam Style on our play list, but Quan thought to play it and the kids went wild! It was super cute and one of my favorite moments at the reception. Quan and his team were happy to play for as long as we wanted, but paced themselves and knew when to wind things down. My wedding is a beautiful blur of wonderful memories - one of which is that the dance floor was full and everyone had a wonderful time.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Percy · Married on 06/16/2013

DJ Quan and bluEdge productions was a fantastic part of our wedding. We were planning our special day from overseas, which made things especially difficult (we live in Singapore-- wedding in California). All of our coordination and planning came down to a handful of Skype conversations and then a series of frantic meetings one week before the wedding. We met Quan briefly on Skype and immediately clicked with his sense of style and knowledge of how to get a party going. We were also encouraged that he was a proud UC Berkeley Cal Bear.

When we met Quan in person he helped us solidify the music and plans for our day and in many ways helped to gel the sequence of events. We had a wonderful conversation that night while working out a very detailed song list and set of logistics for the AV needs. Quan made it a point to stay in touch, but not obtrusively, over the next week to keep us up to date. When the event came, Quan and bluEdge performed at 110%-- we found out later that disaster had struck and Quan had his car broken into. Despite losing all of the wedding plans on his iPad, he reconstructed our entire song list and AV itinerary from memory.

The wedding and party afterwards was a big success and all of the AV was well covered. Quan was a great MC and found the perfect balance to keep the guests entertained whilst keeping us on schedule for all the speeches, etc. The photobooth that bluEdge provided was also a big hit and gave our guests a great memento to bring home from the day. All in all, my wife and i were very impressed with Quan and his team for their professionalism, attentiveness and commitment to us as customers.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/03/2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of working with Quan from bluEDGE productions for our May 2014 Wedding. Every single thing about working with him was amazing. When we first reached out, he got back to us promptly with a time to meet and samples of his work. We met with him early - he asked great questions and gave us everything we needed to help him understand our style and flow of the event. He has DJ'd a ton of different events and thus has an amazing musical repertoire,a great knowledge base, and wonderful MCing skills. In terms of music, we needed a combination of latin music, current top 40, party favorites, and things my folks would love. He did not disappoint - not only did he please everyone, but he mixed and mashed in a way that made everyone feel like they were in an amazing club rather than a cheesy wedding. SO many people came up to us and commented on how incredible he was! Quan also helped us make the space incredible. He did beautiful digital uplighting all over our space to match our colors, ran market lights across the ceiling, and we used bluEdge for our amazing photobooth. What was most memorable was the way Quan and his crew went above and beyond in everything they did. They were always prompt to respond, they came earlier than needed to make sure they were set up and even helped our wedding planner with last minute setup and takedown. I would recommend Quan and his crew to ANYONE!

Sent on 06/12/2014
  • ViciousHamster

Annie · Married on 09/08/2017

3.0

We are super happy about having Quan DJ/MC at our wedding. Everything was super organized, and I felt we communicated well. We wanted certain genres to be played and Quan delivered. We were on the fence about doing wedding games on the day of and Quan was so accommodating. We ended up not doing games but he was great about checking in with us. We also asked for the wedding to be bilingual (Mandarin & English) and Quan did that as well! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/18/2017
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 04/15/2017

We picked their DJ/MC, Photobooth and Lighting services package. Make sure to always check your contract and talk to your DJ with all the details, as we had some issues with the Photobooth (we chose closed photobooth, but on the day of, they had the photobooth open to public), minor issues with song transitions and ceremony songs.

Sent on 04/28/2017

bluEDGE Productions's reply:

Thanks for your feedback Elizabeth!

I am terribly sorry about your booth being an open-air not enclosed on day of. Our document that shows us all of the events we are executing each week was not entered correctly in regards to your photo booth preference. I immediately took responsibility for the error when approached, and we have refunded the difference for the enclosed booth. As for your ceremony song, due to the last minute nature of the change to the music (after rehearsal), and the only direction I was given was to “start at chorus”, I started the music where I felt the chorus started. In hind sight, I should have asked for the exact time to start.

Again, I apologize for our photo booth oversight, song direction miscommunication, and I thank you for your critical feedback!

3.8
      3.0

Quan was very helpful during the planning process. Fun Dj that played a wide selection of the genres that we wanted at our wedding. He mced for us as well though it was not his forte. We were partially to blame as I think we did not go over some things before. But an over all positive review.

Sent on 03/14/2014

Karen · Married on 11/25/2016

2.8
      1.0
      1.0
      3.0

Looking back at all the vendors we booked, BluEDGE Productions was the only "flaw" in our wedding. We decided to book DJ Quan for our wedding over a year in advance. We booked him for DJ/MC, uplighting, monogram lighting, and photo booth. Booking him was very easy and he was responsive to all my calls and emails. My husband and I decided to book him specifically because he could speak Chinese and we wanted him to translate during the reception to all of our Chinese relatives. We met with him in person for a few hours at a nearby Starbucks and he gave us samples of his work. We also discussed a tentative timeline and he explained how he would keep the party going. He definitely talked up a big game so we were very confident in booking him.

Come the wedding day, he played the music for the ceremony. Everything was fine there. However, when we did the grand entrance for our reception, the music stopped working for our entrance! And instead of pumping up the crowd, he awkwardly tried to press buttons as everyone stared at me and my husband standing in front of the whole room in silence. Luckily, our videographer and photographer prompted us to enter and play along. For the speeches, he only had one microphone. So after each speech, DJ Quan had to walk back and forth passing the microphone to the new speaker. Why couldn't he have brought 2 microphones with him to prevent the lag time and awkwardness of him walking back and forth? Finally, we did not have our monogram projected on the dance floor as we had asked. He explained at the end of the night that he ordered it, but it did not come in in time. Which basically tells me he forgot to order it in time even though we booked him well over a year in advance. He did offer us a refund on that portion. Oh, and one more thing...he did not speak any Chinese the whole night! That was the whole reason why we booked him!!

Sent on 03/02/2017

bluEDGE Productions's reply:

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your feedback. Client feedback is always appreciated as it helps us to become even better.

I know how much time and energy you guys put into your wedding day and the abrupt interruption in music during your grand entrance definitely negatively impacts your overall experience.

I want to once again sincerely apologize for that happening. In my 15+ years of Djing wedding that was a FIRST. When the music suddenly stopped in the middle of announcing you and Chase’s entrance, I had to mute the main system and activate the backup setup. Then I redid your grand entrance introduction without music while simultaneously getting your first dance, and father daughter dance songs ready on the backup system so there’s no pause to the next segment in your reception program.

In regards to the bilingual MCing and the additional wireless mic. During our final check-in on Nov. 6th I asked whether or not you’d like me to do any bilingual MCing, and you told me since you family speaks Cantonese (not Mandarin) and most of them speaks or understand English, there was no need to do any translation. We had also talked about the possibility of the second wireless Mic during the call, and you guys decided to forego that option due to the additional cost.

Our mission is to provide the absolute best wedding entertainment experience for our couples and I’ve worked very hard to make sure all of our Djs (my self included) adheres to that creed. I am extremely sorry that was not the case for you and Chase and would like to extend a 50% discount off our photo booth services for any event of your choosing as an additional gesture of apology. Please feel free to contact me anytime!