bluEDGE Productions Reviews

69 | San Francisco, CA

69 Reviews for bluEDGE Productions

Janneth · Married on 10/03/2015

DJ Quan was the best!! Throughout the process, DJ QUan was so easy to work with and was so prompt to respond to all our emails. PLanning a wedding can be so stressful, but DJ Quan made the process stress free. He was on time, delivered top quality work. We have gotten so many compliments on how great our DJ was! He kept everyone on the dance floor and went above and beyond for us. The sound system was top notch and we could not have asked for a better MC and DJ. A Dj can make or break your wedding, and we seriously had one the funnest weddings our friends and family have ever been to!!! Thanks DJ Quan!!

Sent on 10/24/2015
  • User4420767 · 2+ years ago

One word - AMAZING!
    I hired BluEdge for a few services for my wedding – Photo Booth, DJ, and Lighting. Prices were reasonable - especially with the discount for multiple services. Communication was great - they always answered my emails/calls promptly and throughly, which is one of the many reasons why I chose them over other vendors. I worked with both Quan and Felix – such great people to work with – very accommodating, professional, kind, and knowledgeable. Felix was our DJ – we did not give him much direction yet he did such a great job – people were dancing throughout the night which was evident people enjoyed the music he played! Quan and his staff set up the lighting - which included lanterns and string lights, and up lighting - they spent hours, which took place in the backyard in the blistering heat but he made sure everything looked perfect, functioned properly and most importantly made sure it was how I envisioned the space to look. I could not be happier with the final product - truly beautiful job! As for the photo booth, they offered the open space option which was what I was looking for. The photos looked great and there were also a variety of props that guests were able to use too!
    I honestly cannot emphasize how wonderful BluEdge Productions was to work with. I would recommend them to anyone!
    Thank you BluEdge team!!

Sent on 10/16/2015

elise · Married on 08/29/2015

bluEDGE Productions did a wonderful job at our wedding! We used them for DJ, lighting and photobooth services. It was very conveinent to have one company handle so many things and they gave us a deal for bundling services which made their rates very fair and reasonable. DJ Quan did an excellent job as our DJ and MC! Everyone loved the music and our wedding turned into a huge dance party which is exactly what we wanted! They set up market lights for the dinner area and uplighting in the dance area and everything looked amazing! I hardly recognized the venue after they were done working their magic! They were very easy to work with, always responded to my emails promptly and Quan met me twice at the venue which was very helpful! This is a great group to work with and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great DJ, lighting &/or photobooth!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Trish · Married on 08/15/2015

We couldn't be happier with Bluedge for everything they did for our wedding! All of our guest had such a blast with the green screen photo booth. Their lighting really helped us to set the mood and atmosphere we wanted for the night. The music was awesome! DJ James did a superb job in keeping everyone going on the dance floor. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Cristina · Married on 06/13/2015

DJ Quan is awesome!!! He kept the party going the whole night! He was such a pleasure to work with prior to the wedding as well. He was so optimistic about all of our plans and ideas. We had a bit of a mash up wedding as I am Cuban and my husband is Ukrainian so there was a crazy mix of music. DJ Quan played every song we requested at the perfect time and the mix of music was done perfectly. He worked very well with my wedding planner and the night went on without a single hiccup! I could not have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 07/19/2015

Megan · Married on 02/14/2015

bluEDGE Productions really made our wedding!! The music was perfect from beginning to end and Felix had the dance floor packed all night. We had a few last minute changes to our timeline and Felix was able to make the adjustments without missing a beat. Their up lighting was equally great. I changed my mind on the color during my first look, and they were very accommodating in making the changes. The photo booth was a huge hit at our wedding! The gold back drop came out beautifully in the pictures, and our guests had a bast with their prop selections. They were also very responsive, professional and accommodating throughout the entire experience. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/16/2015

laurie · Married on 11/15/2014

Hi,

We just got married!

Thank you dj Quan and the entire Blueedge staff for make our wedding so amazing! The music was perfect all night. You played all of our songs. Adam and I were drenched in sweat from head to toe, and thank you for playing the song for my dad. I honestly haven’t seen him dance like that…ever! We also loved the photobooth. So much fun and your staffs are so accommodating and friendly. The lights were perfect as well. It really made the ballroom glow!

Thanks again for an unforgettable wedding. We will definitely be recommending you guys to all of our friends that are getting married!

Love. Laurie and Adam hitched 11/15/2014

Sent on 12/09/2014

DJ Quan really made our day easy and memorable. He was in charge of our wedding ceremony sound/music, cocktail hour music and and of course, what he does best, DJ for our dancing hours. From the beginning, he responded to our request promptly. We met up initially to talk about the tentative plan and he was very well organized. He brought out his outline and went through it with us, which has helped me organize the music for the day. We had some ethnic music (Korean pop), and he incorporated them well into our music list. His packages were a mid- to higher range compared to others, but it's totally worth it. You're paying for his experience in DJ and emcee in order to bring life to your party.

Sent on 12/30/2014

jennifer · Married on 10/11/2014

Bluedge productions ROCKED our wedding! We used them for Djing, Photobooth, and Lighting. Dj Quan aka Dj Quantum was great to work with during the planning and did a fabulous job keeping all of our guests on the dancefloor. We got a lot of compliments on the music from our family members and friends. The photobooth was a huge hit as well. Their team was very thoughtful and kept the booth open toward the end of the night so we could get a few pictures in with our relative from Germany. We were also very pleased with the lighting. They completely transformed the room with their uplights. I also appreciated the fact we only had to talk to one person to take care of all of these things. They really took a lot of the stress of planning off of our plate. Awesome job guys, we highly recommend them to anyone who loves to dance!

Sent on 12/15/2014

DJ Quan did a fanatic job at our wedding! He had lots of energy and transitioned smoothly between playing the right songs (for the right age groups). In the beginning, we had such a hard time looking for a professional DJ. Once we saw bluEDGE's website with reviews/videos, we knew we found our DJ! We met with DJ Quan and he was very professional, friendly, and helpful with providing us with advice and helpful music selection guides.

We also had the uplights in our package and we were impressed by how it transformed our space and made it look more elegant! The quote we got was very reasonable compared to other vendors that provided less hours or less lights. The service we received was incredible -we would totally recommend using bluEDGE!

Sent on 10/20/2014

We are so happy and pleased that we had Felix as our dj for our wedding. He is very flexible and will play songs from a genre or types of artists that you like, or he will literally play all the songs you ask him to play. We were very particular about the songs we wanted during dancing so we gave him our list, Persian songs included. He followed our list perfectly and mixed songs together too.

He is a real dj, not a wedding "dj" that hits play on his laptop and stands there twiddling his/her thumbs. He knows music and will provide you with song recommendations for the various parts of the wedding. Felix also is very patient and will never rush you when you are meeting with him. He really cares about you and making sure your wedding goes perfectly and the way you want it.

We also had Felix do our uplighting for us. His pricing was not beatable and neither was level of service, talent or knowledge.

Sent on 09/30/2014

How many weddings have you been to where more than half the guests are still dancing their faces off at midnight? Not that many. Do yourself a favor and book DJ Quan immediately. We had the majority of our guests still dancing when the lights came on. Without getting into all of the details, I will just say that I think he was the difference between having a beautiful wedding and beautiful wedding that was outrageously FUN! DJ Quan played the hits, read the crowd and what they were feeling and just went with it. I've already been thinking about how I could possibly use DJ Quan again! He's the BEST!!!!! Thank you Quan for making our day (and night) an absolute blast!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Marissa · Married on 05/23/2014

Quan, the DJ, was the best DJ we could ever ask for! His professionalism from his very specific questionnaire to our initial meeting to discuss what we had in mind to the very end of our wedding reception, and beyond, my husband and I raved about his exceptional follow-through during our honey weekend! Folks loved the music that moved them to groove or cry with happiness. We are going to consider BluEdge Productions for ALL our family milestone special events! Not only that! BluEdge provides an awesome Photo Booth service, too?!! They non-stop entertained our guests to the very last hour. We have souvenir pictures of our family and friends being silly! They had so much fun, the young and mature, still keep talking about their experience. Taylor, the cool, patient assistant at the booth was an absolute sweetheart! What a great duo!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Jackie · Married on 05/10/2014

We love DJ Quan. He was referred to us by a friend who recently got married, and after our wedding other friends have already hired him for their weddings! We hired Quan for DJ/MC needs, as well as lighting. Throughout the wedding process, DJ Quan was one vendor that I did not have to worry about. He was prompt in responses and meetings, and actually made my wedding planning/wedding day life easier!! Overall extremely professional and excellent quality of services.
    Lighting: His lighting quotes were very reasonable compared to others that we received. He set up string lighting over our outdoor dinner patio area, and even provided a quiet, hidden generator because our venue couldn’t handle the extra electricity needs. Indoor uplighting was also provided for our indoor dancing space.
    DJ/MC’ing: Quan was very organized and followed the wedding timeline perfectly. Our dining MC needs were a little more complicated, since we had seated tables called to food trucks, but Quan assisted with flow and kept everything moving smoothly. Dancing was one of my favorite parts of the day, and the music was so good! I received many compliments and heard from multiple guests that they have never danced so much at a wedding. Quan’s amazing DJ skills kept the party going until the very end!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Sarah · Married on 02/15/2014

DJ Quan is awesome. He played most of the songs that we asked in our playlist and added some music that I forgot to include but he remembered. Everyone in the wedding reception loved the music, and the dance floor was never empty. Everyone was jumping and jiving, no one wanted the music to end. We also engaged him for the uplighting in Dominic's at Oyster Point and we were very happy with the results!

DJ Quan is very professional, helpful and always seeks out what we wish for the event.

Sent on 03/16/2014

Stephanie · Married on 02/15/2014

We hired bluEDGE for lighting service for our wedding. Our wedding venue was a bit plain and boring but Quan and his team did an amazing job with the venue. From the beginning Quan was super responsive and friendly via email. Once I told him the reception venue, he quickly contacted the venue manager without me even having to request him doing so to discuss what he could or could not do in terms of lighting. I was extremely impressed by the initiative he took in doing that. Overall, he made the whole process very straight forward and easy for me. I sent him a few photos for ideas of what I hoped the place would look like and the place was beyond my expectation the day of. His team was prompt with setting up and was there an hour before the event ended ready to clean up. We could not have been happier with his lighting service and would highly recommend him !

Sent on 03/19/2014

Nina · Married on 02/08/2014

We originally wanted to hire Quan but he was already booked. We were given several other Dj recommendations. I really liked the demo videos and interviews on their site, it gave us a good sense of the dj before even meeting them. We decided to go with Dj Mel. He was great to work with, very friendly and knowledgable, and prompt with all emails and calls. We had a few last minute changes on our wedding day but he was able to adjust to our requests without any wrinkles. He did a great job as our master of ceremony and dj. We had a few must plays and he got all of them into the night. The dance floor was packed and the music was awesome! Will absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 03/14/2014

lisa · Married on 02/01/2014

Hi. This is a review to say how much we LOVED working with Dj Quantum and Bluedge productions for our wedding. We met him at my best friend’s wedding early last year. I really liked his energy and personality on the mic and once the dancing started I knew I really wanted to hire him for my wedding!

Of course we still did our research just to see what our options were, and admittedly we found a handful of Dj companies that were cheaper. But we are SOOO glad we went with Quan and his Bluedge crew. He really helped to lift a big chunk of the pressure off of us by taking care of the music, photobooth, and lights. Him and his staff really helped to make the entire planning process easier. They were always professional and prompt with emails and calls, and the form Quan sent us was very helpful in figuring out and organizing our playlist. On our wedding day they got everything set up early. The color for the lighting was exactly what I wanted and the photobooth was a blast! And the music was spot on! Everything flowed perfectly from our ceremony, to cocktail, to the reception. Quan nailed all the names and did a great job keeping us on schedule. When it came to party time, he kept our dance packed the whole night. Everyone was dancing, sweating and having a ball! We got so many complements on the music…Thank you Dj Quantum!

We highly recommend Dj Quantum and Bluedge producitons and we hope to have the chance to hire them again!!

Lisa and Anton

Sent on 03/11/2014
  • User3182063 · 2+ years ago

When we were searching for a DJ we also wanted someone who played great music and also did lighting as well. Out of everyone we talked to, Quan was very professional and his prices were reasonable. His music got everyone to go to the dance floor, he had a wide variety of song choices and transitions between songs were smooth.
    His prices on lighting were extremely reasonable and helped with the ambiance that we wanted to create.

Sent on 03/26/2014

sarah · Married on 12/07/2013

An amazing experience with DJ Quan and I’d recommend him to anyone looking for a talented DJ and MC!

- Professional. Quan is an expert at what he does (both musically and logistically.. all the stuff leading up to the event). He walks you through step-by-step and he’s very responsive to questions. He puts in lots of time and detail into your event which is impressive considering how many DJ events he does!

- Bilingual. Quan was the DJ and MC for my wedding banquet. He spoke fluent English and Mandarin and did a fantastic job going back and forth between languages. His MC delivery was very personable and also added humor.

- Crowd pleaser. I got so many positive comments from my friends about the music and playlist- all thanks to Quan! He was able to combine 80’s, 90’s hip hop and country. I don’t know how he did it but it worked and people loved it!

5 stars for DJ Quan from Blu

Sent on 12/19/2013

Brian · Married on 11/16/2013

Quan was an amazing DJ and host for our wedding. He was very helpful from the planning stages all the way through the event's end. He was the first of our vendors to arrive, and the last to leave. He kept our schedule on track and was very flexible during the event when things did not go as planned. He was very catering towards our needs and what we wanted for our reception. He even mixed a special song for us for our first dance! The music selection was excellent and appropriate. I would highly recommend Quan, as he was highly professional and our night would not have been as perfect without his help.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Jen & Trevor · Married on 10/19/2013

5 stars for excellent planning, communication and most importantly, execution!

We got married last year on a yacht - a great venue with multiple decks and unique acoustics. We selected BluEdge for our wedding DJ and photo booth and couldn't be happier with their services. We met with plenty of other DJs during our selection process but none were as professional and responsive as Quan with BluEdge. If you are looking for a top notch DJ that will get the party going, I highly recommend talking with these guys. They were friendly and willing to work around our budget. The photo booth and guest book were a fun way to capture the moments that we will remember for a lifetime.

When planning a wedding event, there are a lot of vendors to manage to make sure everything goes perfectly. BluEdge was easy to work with, prompt with their follow ups and really made the boat rock! Already recommending to our engaged friends and would recommend to anyone looking for a stellar DJ.

Sent on 04/06/2014

K · Married on 10/05/2013

DJ Quan is A M A Z I N G. We hired him for our wedding and we could not have been happier. Our first meeting with him put us at ease amidst all the wedding stress - he was very professional and reassured us that he would help us through the entire process. He was extremely helpful with answering all of our questions and even provided us with a wedding worksheet that made choosing all the music very simple and organized.

On the day of the wedding, he worked alongside my wedding coordinator and things ran so smoothly. The MC'ing was great - he kept up the energy and wasn't boring like other DJ's I've heard at past weddings. We ordered the additional lighting package and I'm so glad I did. It added to the overall ambiance of our venue and guests were so impressed.

Last but def. not least - the music was incredible. We had guests that NEVER dance get up and join in on the fun. He kept the energy and fun going the entire night.

For an awesome, professional and talented DJ for your future events, you will not go wrong with choosing DJ Quantum!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Chris · Married on 09/29/2013

I had my wedding in September of 2013 with bluEDGE Productions/DJ Quan working to provide music and sound throughout the whole event. From the beginning of the process (meeting with the DJ weeks before, discussing music and the planning of what would be played when) to the actual event itself, everything went as smooth as I could imagine. DJ Quan was friendly, professional, and patient with all our questions and requests. He was also very responsive and available to quickly answer phone calls and e-mails.

Most importantly, on the day of the wedding, everything happened according to plan, with no surprises. We have all been to weddings where there are minor blips (sound cutting out at wrong times, transitions that aren't smooth, volume too low/high etc) but this was not the case here.

The guests enjoyed the music, danced, and had a good time. The DJ'ing itself was expertly handled and the DJ's mixing and choice of music allowed all guests (we had a group of all ages, from kids to older folks) to have fun.

I can honestly say that I was entirely satisfied with the service provided by BluEDGE and DJ Quan, and highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/13/2014

michelle · Married on 09/06/2013

I first heard DJ Quan when one of my friends had hired him for an event in Portland, Oregon in 2011. I was so impressed with him at the event, that when I became engaged last year, I called him to DJ/MC our event in South Lake Tahoe, CA. To us, music would be one of the most important parts of our wedding. He was flexible, and told us it would be no problem to make the drive from San Francisco to Tahoe.

Quan was always available to talk about our "vision,", and wanted nothing more than to make sure we got the exact experience we wanted. He was professional before, during, and after the event, he was on time, and had additional offerings to his portfolio that added great ambiance to our event. The uplighting we chose added a great visual dynamic to the room.

One of our friends had brought a CD of latin music to the reception to incorporate with our songs, and Quan was such a pro, that I didn't know until afterwards that he hadn't prepped with it before the reception! Quan can adapt to anything, just tell him what you want. He has a true talent for blending music.

No eggageration, in the days since our wedding, guests aged from 21-70 have all commented that the music was amazing, and that he was the only DJ they'd ever heard who could seamlessly flow music from the 70's and 80's to today. While i already knew this, no one wanted the party to end!!! It made me happy that all ages could get into the music, not just the 20-somethings.

I would recommend DJ Quan for any event where you want the music be the lifeblood of your event. I hope to have another event to hire him again.

Sent on 09/12/2013