Blue Venado Beach Weddings Reviews

Blue Venado Beach Weddings 5
Blue Venado Beach Weddings 6
Blue Venado Beach Weddings 7

AMANDA · Married on 04/11/2014

I have no words my wedding was just perfect!!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Arle · Married on 09/29/2012

I have been a wedding planner in Riviera Maya for the past 5 years, reason why I have had the opportunity to see many locations in the area, but I felt in love with blue venado since the first time I visited the place.
    We had a mayan ceremony on Thursday in another beautiful location, and on Saturday we enjoyed a private ceremony, coctel hour and the reception in this magical place,,, I truly believe that you must have a connection with the place that you choose to exchange your vows and say I DO !!! , I was able to imagine all the wedding during my site inspection,,,,
    we did not look further and booked the place :) .
    we set up and appointment for menu tasting and we loved the food as well.
    I did not use their services for planning or flowers, I planned the full event myself using my own vendors and it was the best day of our life.

Sent on 11/06/2014
  • Devorah

Devorah · Married on 11/23/2018

Amazing Venue and Wedding Coordinator!

We recently had our wedding at Blue Venado at the end of November 2018. From the beginning Sofia was very helpful in answering all the questions we had and made me feel at ease about planning a wedding from halfway around the world. Planning for the wedding was made easy by her by having a google sheet where we put all of our ideas down for her to see. She was great in communicating with us every step of the way. Everytime I had a question or concern she got back to me right away and she was also helpful in giving me some helpful tips and suggestions. She provided me with their local office address so that I could ship things for the wedding there which was really helpful considering that I didn’t want to bring with me heavy shot glasses that I was going to give away as our wedding favor. She was made available to me through email, skype and whatsapp. Days before the wedding we finally went to Blue Venado for the first time to view the venue and have our tasting for the wedding. We had brought a whole suitcase full of decorations for our persian ceremony and reception. She gladly accepted it and made sure to go through everything with me to make sure it was all clear on how I wanted everything decorated. Then we proceeding with the food and our welcome drink tasting. Our welcome drink was delicious and they also offered us wine to taste. The tasting went well and we liked all the food. We had a few comments regarding the food but we spoke with the Chef and he made sure to make the modifications we requested. We had some vegan wedding guest so the chef was able to accomodate them and make delicious vegan options for them. The appetizers and dinner was very tasty and the portions were so large so everybody had enough to eat. The wedding cake was really beautiful and looked absolutely amazing (just as we had requested), however, the taste of the wedding cake could have been tastier, it was not terrible but also not amazing. The servers were great and made sure everybody was taken care of during the night. Pedro, the night manager was also very helpful in managing the event at night. He graciously packed all our decorations and items we had brought for the wedding in the suitcase so at the end of the night we were just able to take it and leave stress free. He also came to our resort a few days before the wedding to pick up some items for the wedding that we could not take to Sofia during the tasting which was so convenient for us since we were so busy days before the wedding. All of the vendors that Sofia recommended were great. I’d definitely recommend going with the vendors that Sofia recommends because we picked the DJ on our own (without her recommendation) and they were a few hiccups with him. The venue is really beautiful and rustic. I love that we had the venue all to ourselves, it felt very intimate and special. I loved the decorations for our wedding, it was what I had imagined and more! Sofia, Pedro and her team made sure to be there to take care of any last minute things which I can’t thank them enough for! Overall we had an amazing time with all of friends and family thanks to Sofia, Pedro and their team :) I highly recommend working with them for your wedding, it was truly unique and amazing venue.

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Blue Venado Beach Weddings 13
    Blue Venado Beach Weddings 14
    Blue Venado Beach Weddings 15

3.5

Everything was beautiful! We had a small ceremony.. as intimate as we expect... Great location... and perfect service. Lovely memories!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Cheryl · Married on 05/14/2015

0.0

We opted for Blue Venado, Described to us as "Rustic"with good food and drink.We wanted to be married on the beach this sounded perfect.After been in mexico for7days we travelled to Blue Venado,On arrival we were greated with Quad bikes. This venue in the day is an Adventure Park which we were NOT aware of.
    We had taken our decorations with us as the cost that this vendor charges is estotionate. We opted for the ALL IN package which on the website stated EVERYTHING included.IT IS NOT the case.here are some of the points that occurred
    *Music for walking down the isle was playing to guests as i arrived off the mini bus, Before we were any where by the isle
    *I was handed a bouquet nothing like id asked for" i know this isn't what you asked for, But its all a bit last minute"
    *the ceremony could not even be heard by any of my family members as the speakers we not loud enough
    *The DJ was APPALLING!
    *The food came out COLD
    *Half of the food we paid for i.e Lobster giant shrimps chorizo sausage on the BBQ which is actually them cooking it in the kitchen never came out.
    *we were not served any Wine during the meal we had to ask for it.
    *There was a 2hr gap between the main and dessert when they did come out 15 bitsize (small) pieces of puddings were put on a side table by the wedding cake?This was for 30 guests??Were we supposed to share half each?
    *The wedding cake had a cardboard layer between the 2 levels which was a struggle to cut,Should be fun to see on the video.
    You may be thinking you get what you pay for,We spent £17'000 on our wedding all in all,this venue and our wedding planner were around £8000 of this.The manager Sofia Garcia speaks FLUENT english,When we complained the next day the only thing she could offer us was a SORRY.If you are looking at booking this venue DONT.I took it on the chin and made the best of my reception,tequila helped.
    Botom line DO NOT get married at BLUE VENADO do not use WEDDINGSINPLAYA for your wedding planner.

Sent on 06/11/2015