Blue Sky Films Reviews

145 | Silver Spring, MD

145 Reviews for Blue Sky Films

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Erin and Dia were great to work with! They were down to earth and put as right at ease the moment they arrived. Even before the wedding, Erin was great, taking the time to call me to get an idea for the flow the day of and answering any questions that I had. I didn't want any day of surprises.

We never had to re-shoot scenes, we wanted everything to be natural. They weren't obtrusive during the ceremony or reception and once everything got started, I didn't even realize they were there, which is exactly what I wanted.

I would highly recommend Blue Sky Films!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Angela · Married on 06/14/2014

I can't say enough about Erin from Blue Sky Film, she was AMAZING. She climbed over fences, dodged cow s**t, and laid in wet grass to get the most amazing shots. She was so sweet and accommodating. She also worked amazingly with our photographer, she even offered the light off her camera so that we could get one last night shot. They are the best...totally worth any price!

Sent on 06/17/2014
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 03/08/2014

When I first started looking for wedding videographers I knew the type of video I wanted. When I saw samples of Blue Sky Films's other weddings I cried. Picking Blue Sky Film to do my video was the easiest decision I made the entire wedding planning process. Alex met with my mom and I first and he was sweet and sincere and made me feel comfortable picking Blue Sky Film. Tonya was our primary videographer and video editor. She took time to meet with us right before the wedding to get an idea of who were are to better understand what we wanted out of a video. I just clicked with Blue Sky Films so easily and it showed in the video. My wedding video is phenomenal. I cry every time I watch it and it really depicts the dream wedding I had been planning my entire life. I cannot thank Tonya, Alex, and Blue Sky Film enough for giving me the gift they gave me. Thank you.

Sent on 07/27/2014
  • I

Ilene · Married on 11/30/2013

The videographers were Tonya & Dia for the wedding. Although we don't have the finished video yet I must comment on their work. They were on the ball the whole night capturing all the highlights of the wedding. My daughter informed me that upon Tonya's arrival she saw the couple doing their "First Look". She dropped everything on the ground, picked up her camera, & started shooting. She wasn't even on the clock yet! She rated high in my books for that alone! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Lindsay · Married on 11/02/2013

I can't say enough great things about Blue Sky Films. We are so happy we made the decision to have them film our wedding. From the beginning Samantha and the team were patient with us as we decided which coverage and end product would be best for us, and they were flexible on cost which is hard to find in the wedding industry. Erin and Jackson were prompt and so friendly on the day. It was a joy to have them with us. And in the end Erin creatively put together the most amazing director's cut! I get giddy all over again when I watch it. She really captured the emotion of the day and it's so fun to be able to relive it over and over again. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Samuel · Married on 10/20/2013

By far the most professional, patient, understanding, and responsive vendor on the market. Not only were they supportive of every neurotic request of an eager young couple, they accommodated a wild bridal party, crazy family members, and the herd of kids as if they were simply a part of the family, all while capturing our most memorable moments on film. If anyone is looking for videography services for their wedding day, this is their first and last choice. Their finished product far exceeded our expectations!!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Jane · Married on 08/17/2013

Julie, with Blue Sky Films, did the videography for my daughter's wedding. The planning stage was easy, with Julie responding promptly to our emails and questions. Julie captured all of the important wedding moments, seeming to be everywhere at once! We were sent a wonderful highlight video, in a timely manner, followed by an excellent full-length version. Their prices are reasonable, too. We highly recommend Julie and Blue Sky for weddings and other events. Their work is excellent!

Sent on 12/15/2013

Jenee · Married on 08/03/2013

I have seen many wedding films and no one has come close to the talent of Blue Sky. They are meticulous and detailed oriented. They truly understand how special that day was to you and capture it perfectly. They think of things you couldn't have imagined. I can't say enough great things about this group of people. Thank you again Blue Sky!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Jacquelyn · Married on 06/29/2013

Rebecca and I had an amazing, magical wedding day! It was beyond words...I can't thank Tonya and her team enough for capturing those memories in such a beautiful, intentional way. Every time we watch our video we are taken back to that magical day and those magical feelings. We are sure to watch it over and over for years to come!

Sent on 04/03/2014

THANK YOU so much for an amazing video that captured our wedding day perfectly. We are so happy with it and would definitely use blue sky again. The quality is amazing and everyone has been so nice to work with. Very responsive and professional. Thanks again, Blue Sky!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2013

Blue Sky Films is worth every penny!

A wedding means you will shell out a ton of money for subpar service to a host of indifferent vendors and with most people not having a 50K + budget you may think a videographer is not worth one more cost on your already tight budget -- wrong. If you go with Blue Sky Films it's the best choice. Their works speaks for itself already if you look at any of the amazing videos you see on their website. What you can't see on a website is how amazing they are to work with too. I had plenty of vendors the day of the wedding that I had to babysit and disappointed me. Blue Sky's filmmakers - Tonya and Samantha - were both calm, on top of it and a pleasure to have around on my big day. You might think this is a given, but it's not always, especially with wedding service providers who just crank it out like a production line and all you get the day of is a TV dinner that looks vaguely like the meal you tried 3 months ago with pristine appearance.

From working on a contract with Alex, to meeting with Tonya before the wedding and the day of with Tonya and Samantha, I have been nothing but impressed and pleased with my decision. If you can swing it, swing it, your guest don't need a champagne glass with your names on it or another pack of "mint-to-be," save your $$ and get a top-notch video to remember the best day of your life. And while you're at it, do it right and get Blue Sky Films already!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Alison · Married on 04/27/2013

Julie and the entire Blue Sky Films team was a pleasure to work with during our wedding. She was super responsive and helped me navigate through the day-of wedding timeline. Her expertise was very helpful and she even stayed late when we requested an extension at our reception.

I can't wait to see the final product!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Liz · Married on 04/27/2013

David from Blue Sky Films was absolutely amazing! We could not be more thrilled with our decision to invest in such a high-quality videographer for the most special day of our lives! Everyone at Blue Sky Films was incredibly responsive, professional, and friendly from Day 1 through the day we received our final film! David's creativity and passion certainly shines through in his work! THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Leire · Married on 11/03/2012

I absolutely loved working with Blue Sky Films! From the beginning working with Samantha and she was so wonderful and managed with our budget needs! To then our videographer Tonya who went above and beyond on the day of our wedding! She captured way more than we expected and did it so gracefully that we forgot she was there at times! Coming from a video production background myself I was so impressed with their professionalism and quality of work both on the day of our wedding and with the finished product! Book them now you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Amy · Married on 09/30/2012

If I could give 6 stars, I would! Blue Sky Films was fantastic to work with before, during, and after the wedding. In addition, our wedding film is incredibly beautiful and something I can be proud to share for many years to come. Thank you Blue Sky Films!!

Sent on 02/26/2013

Karen · Married on 09/29/2012

Blue Sky Films is hands down the areas very best at videography. Martin is wonderful to work with. We hardly even noticed that they were there. They were so professional and amazingly talented! well worth every penny. If a video of your event is really inportant to you, Blue Sky Films is a must!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Allison · Married on 09/29/2012

We absolutely love our video. Blue Sky really captured the moments that were important to me and I couldn't be happier with our final video!!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Samantha · Married on 09/28/2012

I love the work that Blue Sky Films produces and I cannot wait to see my video! Even though I won't be getting the finished product for a few months, I am confident that I will be satisfied with the end result. Shelly and her assistant videographer were both extremely pleasant to work with. Many of my guests commented on how nice and friendly both ladies were.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Where do I begin? I had such an amazing experience with everyone with the Blue Sky Team. From the initial meeting I knew they were the only company I was going to even contact in regards to filming our wedding.
    Our first meeting was with Alex. He was super friendly, and he helped us pick the right package. Any time I had any questions, he was so quick to respond. I really appreciated all of his help and advice. There were a couple of times that I got to work with Samantha, the Studio Manager. Like Alex, she was very helpful, and answered all of my questions very quickly.
    On our wedding day, we only had one videographer, Holly. She was very friendly and I could tell from our pre-event conference call that she was going to do a great job covering all of the important aspects of our special day. I let her know what special moments I really wanted her to catch, and I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing she did. We were only able to have one videographer, because everyone else was booked, but her coverage was excellent. With all of the different shots she got, you never would have guessed that we only had one videographer.
    At this point, I have not received my final video yet, but I have received our final highlight clip. It is so amazing. There are not enough words to describe how perfect it is. I worked with Tonya and she did an amazing job. We just love it, and we are so thankful that we had the opportunity to get this video. I’m sure there are other staff that may have worked on the video too, so thank you to everyone!
    My advice to other brides is definitely get a video if you can. You will not regret it, and it is a memory you will get to cherish forever. My husband and I look forward to watching it on our anniversary and sharing it with our children in the future.
    Thank you everyone at Blue Sky Films!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Loved working with Erin SuJan Coolidge!

Sent on 03/18/2013

What a fantastic team! The videographers (Tonya and Alex) that filmed my wedding day were a joy to work with. Very warm and friendly. They were incredibly professional and I could tell they were at the top of the field. They were not intrusive. They knew exactly where to place the cameras so that they got the best angles for the shots without getting cameras in anyone's way or blocked anyone's view, especially during the ceremony. The team that worked on the film production was fantastic as well. They (Erin and Colin) did a phenomenal job with putting together our final film and the artwork that went along with it. Delivery was timely. And most importantly everyone was incredibly responsive and made our wedding film worth cherishing for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 01/31/2013

Tonisha · Married on 08/11/2012

Very professional. They did thorough coverage on our wedding!! We are happy to have picked them. It is quite an investment but worth it nonetheless. Holly rocks !!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Patrice · Married on 07/07/2012

After meeting with Samantha of Blue Sky Films, we knew instantly that we wanted to hire them for our wedding videography! Samantha did a great job of explaining the different video options and packages. When it came to choosing a videographer, we decided on Julie Gross (who came highly recommended by our photographer, Jen Lowe). Prior to the wedding, Julie and I communicated via email and phone, but she was always personable, helpful, and accommodating! During the wedding day, she was awesome! She and my photographer have a great working relationship and were really in-sync with one another! Knowing the fantastic work that Blue Sky Films does, we are truly looking forward to seeing our wedding video! We highly recommend Julie and Blue Sky Films!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Kimberly · Married on 06/16/2012

Initially my husband and I were hesitant about spending a bunch of money on a videographer, until we ran into one of his newly married friends. My husbands friend said that investing in a videographer is SO worth the money because you can pop your DVD in and feel like you're getting married all over again. So if you're on the fence, def go with the videography and DEF go with Blue Sky Films.

Blue Sky was AMAZING! The team of videographers they sent for our wedding was very professional; they were not intrusive at all yet still managed to capture some really great footage of us getting ready, getting married, and having a blast at the reception. We just sent the Directors Cut of our video to friends and family and I literally have people calling me CRYING talking about how beautiful the video was. And it really is quite a beautiful video, I'd recommend Blue Sky to anyone who is in the market for a videographer.

Sent on 01/30/2013

Kim · Married on 05/19/2012

David was awesome. He knew our venue really well and had great suggestions for pictures and places to film. He brought a bright light so we could take silouette pictures once it was dark! He was also very down to earth and great to hang out with - definitely an important quality for someone who will be shadowing you on your wedding day!!!

We got the video and it is AMAZING. We've only had it for a few days and have already watched it several times with friends. It is seriously one of the best investments we have made!!!!

Sent on 06/22/2012