Blue Sky Elopements Reviews

Blue Sky Elopements 6
Blue Sky Elopements 7
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 01/01/2011

Extremely pleased with Lyssabeths!! So many other services in the area didn't return my phone calls or emails...another officiant actually cancelled on my because I decided to do my winter ceremony outside! Maureen played phone tag with me & never gave up until she was able to talk to me & find out my needs....she & the website helped me tremendously & set me up with Chris Turner to do the ceremony who was aslo an absolute sweetheart! She braved the bitter cold that day like a champ and performed a beautiful ceremony. I'm so glad I used Lyssabeths & would use them again in a heartbeat! They definetely took away the stress I had about that aspect of the wedding planning! Go with them, you will not be dissapointed....you'll be in GREAT hands!!!

Sent on 02/14/2011

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Wow! Teresa, you rock! What a pleasure to hear that you were so happy with our services. I have to say, we have to give Chris extra points for performing a ceremony with wind chill below zero! It's easy to brave the cold when couples are as much fun to work with as you and Phillip. Thank you so much for your kind words!

• Mrs. Kline (Sass)

Tara · Married on 12/19/2010

We ended up not using her since my mother had a heart problem and when we flew back home to be with her we threw something together having an ordained uncle marry us. I had to review still because she worked with me all through the process and was amazing. She walked me through marriage license laws, helped me pick a location that would have been perfect and answered every email or call right away. I wish that the big wedding with Jim marrying us would have worked out but all of her help was well worth the lost deposit.

Sent on 12/21/2010

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We do try to help couples as much as we can even if they are unable to use our services. One thing I want to note is that I don't think you "lost a deposit" with us. If you're the bride I think you are (hard to tell sometimes, with Wedding Wire profiles) then you never actually booked our services, so no money exchanged hands.

I'm thrilled to hear that you're happily married and I wish you years of happiness together.

dana · Married on 10/09/2010

Regan was excellent to work with. Our first meeting was great. She really took the time to get to know us as a couple. She made us feel very special. Regan took so much time getting our personalized ceremony exactly as we wanted it. She was readily available for questions or suggestions. She was on time, and has excellent speaking skills. The tools that Lyssabeth's provides you with makes it so easy to write your ceremony. We weren't sure where to start, but they made it SO EASY!! I highly recommend Lyssabeths to anyone looking for a good officiant service.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I agree--Regan is fantastic. Note: Regan was one of our brides a few years back and we loved her so much we "made" her come and officiate with us. And she's never looked back. She brings new meaning to the term creative professional. She'll be tickled by this review. Thanks for your feedback!

Shyra · Married on 09/25/2010

What an honor to have Corrina as our wedding officiant. From working with us to create a ceremony that was true to who we are, to performing the wedding on our special day, Corrina brought a calming and magical presence that was everything we had hoped for. A truly perfect, blissful day that will forever live on in our memories. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/13/2010

Haley · Married on 09/14/2010

I think that Maureen was a blessing for our family. Being that our photographer was a no-show Maureen took the time to take pictures with her own personal camera before and after. If it weren't for her genuine care for our special moment, we would not have had the pictures to capture it!
    We are very thankful for Maureen and the kindness she bestowed upon our family.

Sent on 09/24/2010

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

You are most welcome. What a beautiful way to start your married life together (in spite of the missing photographer!). Exchanging your vows on the beach accompanied by your beautiful children. It was magical!

Antoinette · Married on 07/04/2010

We were so pleased with our officiant. She was helpfull and joyfull. We were married on July 4th so flexibility was definately a 5 star. I have already recommended this site to others I know are getting married.

Sent on 07/12/2010

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Toni, how kind of you to take the time to review our services. Your officiant was Dana Bevis and I agree--she is totally joyful and she LOVES performing weddings. Dana is new to our company so it's particularly encouraging to receive such glowing feedback on how she is doing. Thank you so much!

remiya · Married on 05/01/2010

my husband and i changed our date quite a few times but they always worked with us. the officiant they set us up with was awesome!! very professional and understanding of our special day. i will most certainly recommend this service to all of my friends who want a small intimate ceremony. the price was fantastic. i could have asked for anything better. i will be using them again next year when we renew our vows

Sent on 06/19/2010

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Thank you for your glowing words! I'm glad we were able to accommodate your date changes. Your officiant was Shayla Cordier and she was delighted to perform your ceremony at the Rose Garden. You're a wonderfully fun couple and we'd LOVE to assist you in renewing your vows!

Tonya · Married on 04/10/2010

He provided a very nice ceremony that we loved.Our Officiant was great. He made sure the entire ceremony was all we wanted to be. He made it personal. It wasn't just another ceremony. We do highly recommend him.We were both blown away by how well everything went. She exceeded our expectations by far. We are still hearing everyone rave about ours being one of the best, if not the best, ceremonies many of our guests had ever been to.

Sent on 06/10/2010
  • Britney

Britney · Married on 09/26/2009

Our officiant was Kim and she was absolutely wonderful. She took the time to get to know us before planning our ceremony instead of just looking at us like we were another couple to hurry up and get out the door. When she performed the ceremony she was so pumped up and happy, it was almost as if she was a best friend of the family.

Sent on 09/27/2009

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Yes--"pumped up" describes Kim to a T! She's definitely high energy and she LOVES weddings. And I'm sure she got you to tell her the entire story of your relationship from first date to proposal! That's how she makes her ceremonies so personal.Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Andrea · Married on 06/06/2009

We worked with Mary. She was extremely professional, helpful, and fun. We loved having her help us plan our ceremony the way that we wanted it! Worth the money!

Sent on 05/12/2010

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Not surprising! Mary is fabulous and LOVES performing weddings. We're thrilled that your relationship with us was so overwhelmingly positive and we're delighted that you took the time to review our services.

• RobynAndMike

Robyn · Married on 05/29/2009

we had help writing out own ceremony and it turned out great!!!

Sent on 06/16/2009

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Thank you! We try to help couples out with suggestions for the ceremony, but the finished product is really all about you!

Cassie · Married on 05/31/2008

We used Dan Jones as our officiant and we loved working with him. He was very nice and professional. He customized the ceremony to be exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 06/18/2008

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Dan Jones is so amazing and we get tons of positive feedback on him, so I'm not at all surprised that you loved working with him. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive thoughts.
  • Janet N.

janet · Married on 05/16/2008

everyone said that our ceremony was one of the most unique and it made them all cry! we owe that all to kim at lyssabeths weddings. she gave us all the tools and sample writings to create our own special ceremony. and kim is a warm, energetic person who always made me aware that this was our special day and to take a breath!

Sent on 05/17/2008

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Then we must have done our job correctly! I always say we're not 100% successful unless someone cries with joy at the ceremony so it looks like Kim achieved that goal with you.

Thanks for taking the time to report back. I'm thrilled that your ceremony was a unique reflection of your love.

Eileen · Married on 05/03/2008

We met with Maureen Thomson of Lyssabeth's and after meeting her the first time, we decided she was it. We didn't even want to see anyone else. We clicked with her the first time we met her. The second time we met to go over the ceremony, we had such a blast with her. She has a tiered plan--depending on how much you want in your ceremony drives the cost. If you just want a simple ceremony, the cost is very affordable. We decided on some unique parts--Celtic Handfasting & parents prayer.
    On the day of the wedding, she was wonderful. Our families were so happy about our marriage and lots of people were crying. Maureen injected the PERFECT amount of humor and personality and just fit in like everyone else. She helped make our ceremony that much more beautiful. She also has a number of people that work for her if you're looking for something or someone more specific.

Sent on 05/21/2008

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Yes, your wedding was breathtaking, if I do say so myself--in spite of the fact that you joined together the wrong hands for the handfasting--which gave us all a laugh when it came time to exchange the rings!

Thank you so much for your thorough and positive review of my services. i really appreciate it!

Mary Beth & Lauren · Married on 08/30/2015

Hello Maureen,

Lauren and I wanted to send you a note to let you know how much we appreciated Jennifer officiating our wedding!!!

We knew from the moment we meet Jennifer that she was the right person to perform our wedding. Jennifer truly helped turn the vision we had for of our wedding into reality. When we first met Jennifer she took the time to get to know us, to understand why getting married was so very important to us. She was incredible to work with!! When we began to actually plan our ceremony, she was incredibly detailed, asked great questions and most importantly listened and translated our intent.

On the day of our wedding, Jennifer's calm relaxed demeanor helped calm our last minute wedding jitters. She kept the environment light and full of laughter. During the unity glass portion of the ceremony, Lauren and I had a challenge getting some of the glass out of the small container into the larger one. Jennifer didn't flinch or deviate from the text of the ceremony. When Laruen and began to laugh, Jen joined in. The laugher was contagious, spilling over to our guests.

Jennifer is amazing..

Thank you again..

Mary Beth & Lauren

Sent on 09/15/2015

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Mary Beth & Lauren--Jenn has been with us since 2004 and is second to none in bringing a couple's vision to reality for their ceremony (even when they're not 100% sure what that vision is!). I know how much she enjoyed working with you and it sounds like the admiration was mutual! Wishing you years of love and joy. Maureen

Mo · Married on 05/17/2015

Bill Miller and Maureen were absolutely amazing. Our ceremony was planned in about a month's time and we needed to communicate everything over email since we were planning while overseas. Maureen's communication was always clear and very timely, making sure everything was in order as we tried to piece together our idea of a ceremony.

Bill was absolutely fantastic. He brought a calmness and kindness to our day that we needed. Our ceremony had so much life and emotion -- so much more than we had expected given our only communication was via email. And we weren't the only ones that thought so; we had friends of ours in the crowd that saw Bill oversee our ceremony and asked him to perform their ceremony a few weeks later. Would absolutely recommend their services to anyone.

Sent on 07/06/2015

We had a great experience with Lyssabeth's. Our original officiant had something come up two months before our wedding and we had to find a new one. Lyssabeth's was more expensive that our original, and honestly, we probably wouldn't have gone with them if we had more time to look, but we are both very happy that we went with them- the cost was well worth the experience. They were professional and courteous from the start. They have several ceremony levels to choose from. The basic ceremony was very generic and didn't have much flexibility, and we didn't really feel like it fit us, so we went with the mid-grade ceremony. We had as much freedom and flexibility as we wanted. (there is a higher priced custom ceremony, but i don't know what else someone could want that wasn't covered in our mid-level ceremony. We were provided with MANY selections to take/leave/combine for each section of the ceremony- the greeting, introduction, blessings, ring exchange, I Dos, closing words...etc. You could also include up to 3 other "events" like unity candle, sand ceremony, rose ceremony, ceremonies from different cultures, etc. We also had two readings we picked out and we wrote our own vows. We were able to make our ceremony our own.

The best part of getting out officiant from this company was the officiant himself. We had Bill Donovan, and we loved him. He is a very kind, honest, fun, caring person. He was with us all the way and provided all the support we needed. He made sure the day went smoothly, from guiding the rehearsal to coordinating with the DJ and photographer before the ceremony. He was the perfect fit for our wedding- not too stuffy, but still professional. He has such a wonderful personality that comes through in every interaction. I had several people come up to me after the wedding saying how much they liked him. My brother, who has been to (and in) many weddings, said that he liked Bill the best of all the officiants he's encountered. And I have to agree!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

As you so accurately stated, the cost was well-worth the experience. Our prices generally fall in the mid-range for professional wedding officiants in the area--some are higher, some are lower. But we do agree that the value we provide for the money is outstanding. We get so many calls from couples in a panic because their officiant "had something come up" and they are in a bind with 2 months (or less!) before their big day. That's just not in our vocabulary. Unless it's a death in the family or severe illness, the show goes on--and even in those cases, we always have a back-up at the ready just in case.

I agree, Bill is a superstar! So glad he made your day all that you envisioned!

• Karla

Karla · Married on 06/14/2014

We were so pleased with the ceremony. The time Graham put in prior to the ceremony as well during the rehearsal helped put everyone at ease. The resources he provided to help create a ceremony that was special to us were outstanding. The day of our wedding, he was professional, relaxed, and provided guidance to all during the ceremony. Thanks again for making our wedding day unforgettable for us!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Karla,

Thanks for the review! Graham so enjoys what he does and we agree that it shows in the quality of his ceremonies and the unique knack he has for putting couples at ease.

Erin · Married on 05/23/2013

excellent to work with and super doper easy to plan everything.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Michelle · Married on 11/05/2011

Matt Raynak was our officiant, and he was fun, professional, and kind throughout our whole experience. We met with Matt before our wedding to discuss some details, and he was very responsive with our communications regarding the script and license process. I highly recommend their services for any couple looking for a special wedding experience. Our wedding was a small, private wedding at a family home, and Matt made it seem just as special and grand as if it was in front of a crowd of 100 people. Matt also added some nice personal touches to his script which our families truly enjoyed.

Sent on 03/13/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

So glad that you're intimate wedding ceremony was a success. It's hard to co wrong with Matt (and the gorgeous surroundings of the Colorado Rockies!).

As always, it sounds like Matt was a big hit! Not surprising--he exudes such a perfect blend of humor, finesse and reverence! He's just great at what he does--and he loves doing it!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

Terilyn · Married on 10/22/2011

The whole process was easy and they provided answers to every question I had about my beach wedding. The ceremony words they provided were lovely and the officiant was onetime and flexible when we had to scramble to change location due to rain.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Hi Terilyn,

Your officiant was Derek Kortlever and it's no wonder you were happy with him. He inevitably goes the extra mile (even through beach sand!) for his couples.

Thanks for talking the time to leave a review!

Carol · Married on 01/10/2010

Megan Riley was our officiant. Megan was completely flexible and even when we made a few changes minutes before the service she just went with the flow. There was a lot of laughter throughout our service, the unexpected breaking of a candle and votive during the service, sweaty palms and comments about the sweaty palms from the maid of honour, more laughter, but through it all Megan just smiled and went with it. We had so many positive comments about what a fabulous job she did, a touching ceremony and readings. She let us be 'us' and THAT's what made our ceremony so special. I'd recommend her any day of the week.

Sent on 01/13/2010

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Yes--that's our Megan. Sweaty palms would NEVER faze her (she's handled much worse!). I'm so glad that your ceremony was full of laughter and turned out just the way you wanted it. Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate it!

• F

Debra · Married on 09/20/2008

The service that I received at Lyssabeth’s was wonderful when we booked our appointment. Prior to my wedding I changed my e-mail address and phone number and e-mailed Lyssabeth’s and told them of the change just in case they needed to contact me for any problems. I’m glad that I did because the officiant that we had booked no longer worked for them and was obviously not able to perform our ceremony. They set us up with John and he was very responsive and friendly. I would recommend them, just be sure they don’t make any last minute changes that you aren’t aware of.

Sent on 09/25/2008

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Thanks for the feedback and I'm thrilled that your wedding ceremony turned out to be all that you'd hoped for. And yes, sometimes (although it's rare) life intervenes and for whatever reason your assigned officiant will be unable to perform your ceremony. In those unusual circumstances, we always have a backup available to step in for a seemless transition.

In your case, your original officiant moved out of state so we moved quickly to make sure Jim Anderson was able to step in and pick up where the original officiant left off. That's one of the advantages of working with a group of officiants as opposed to a single person. And of course we'd always be sure to communicate changes right away to a couple, so there will be no last minute surprises!
    Maureen

It was so worth hiring an officiant through Lyssabeth Wedding Officiants for our wedding. We had originally wanted a family friend to officiate but we had concerns over whether the ceremony was going to really be about us and what the family friend would say. The ceremony John designed was very personal and it was exactly what we wanted because he worked with us to design it. No surprises or awkwardness. John did a fantastic job and everything went very smoothly. I received many compliments from our guests around the quality of the content, the clarity with which he spoke and his all around fantastic delivery. Furthermore, he made it easy to relax knowing that he knew how to best handle the logistics and could lead us through the ceremony despite all the chaos and excitement. I would recommend John and Lyssabeth Wedding Officants to anyone.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

John's a true pro! Unfortunately, he is leaving us after many years to move back tot he East coast and we'll miss him terribly. Our couples just love him. So glad that he helped make your ceremony comfortable and memorable.

Mylene · Married on 01/18/2014

Heather was exceptional! She arrived on time and most important: she skis! Crucial for my atypical skiing wedding. The communication with everyone during the planning period was very fast. I would recommend their services to anyone :)
    Thanks!