Blue Sky Elopements Reviews

Blue Sky Elopements 5
Blue Sky Elopements 6
Blue Sky Elopements 7

Megan · Married on 07/22/2012

Vicky, our officiant, was wonderful. She was laid back, fun, and helpful. She made us feel more relaxed during our ceremony. She also accommodated my needs for my brother who is disabled.

Sent on 08/22/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Thanks, Megan. Vicky raises the bar for going "above and beyond" and I'm so glad this was reflected on your special day!

Kandice · Married on 07/16/2012

After eight years, an unforgettable reunion and a lifetime of memories, I FINALLY got to marry my true love; the only person whose happiness reflects my own and whose life mine
    wouldn’t be complete without. My wife and I knew that planning our wedding we would run into many obstacles; once people met BOTH of us and realized they would be involved with a lesbian wedding. To be quite frank we were met with a lot of bias opposition. Luckily, our dream venue was able to suggest Lyssabeth's for us and recommend an officiate for our ceremony- Mary.

When we met with Mary that was a wrap; a true match made in heaven! We explained to her upon our first meeting that we wanted to have a very personalized ceremony and so she allowed us to customize our service just the way WE wanted it with a kind and courteous attitude; encouraging us every step of the way. Like any “Bride to Be” we wanted our day to be perfect and everything we ever imagined it would be…and it was in every way… PERFECT. Many people commented that the wedding was possibly one if not THE best one they had ever been to; and it seemed that the overall consensus of the evening was that the BEST part of the wedding was within the ceremony itself. Rae and I cannot thank Lyssabeth's enough for Mary and the flexibility and creativity that she inspired within us. Had it not been for those two elements especially; the love everyone felt would have been pre-ordained, and well..not about us. We both agree it was our originality and ability to envision a customized ceremony that made our wedding..our wedding; in fact we still get emotional just thinking about it. Mary was able to bring a unique quality to the most meaningful ritual of our lives and everyone kept commenting how obvious it was that she loves what she does! We wish you many more proceedings over couples who are looking for that extra special person to narrate the most important chapter of their never ending story… ♥♥

Sent on 08/22/2012

Kandice,

Thank you for your glowing testimonial. Mary loves what she does, and it shows in every aspect of her work. It's so amazing to observe the synergy between a couple and an officiant with whom they "click." It inevitably results in the most creative and memorable ceremonies. And yours certainly fit that description. What a memorable day!

All the best to you both,

Jaime · Married on 07/14/2012

We hired Mary Borsick as our officiant for our Pike's Peak elopement July 14, 2012. We found Lyssabth's through a web search and were overjoyed at the professionalism and prompt response to inquiries. We moved to Denver in June and got married in July, what a relief to have all of this handled so simply during our transition. We even had to change the original date and both Lyssabeth's and Mary were more than happy to accommodate us. Our small group of fiamily had a great time and Mary was wonderful, professional and so nice! Astounding for only communicating via email. We highly recommend both Mary and Lyssabth's!
    -Jaime & Joel

Sent on 08/08/2012

Jaime,

Pike's Peak is a glorious place to say "I do" and having Mary on your side does make things flow smoothly doesn't it? I'm so glad that you connected with her so wonderfully. Since we work with so many out-of-town couples, we've developed the knack of bonding over phone and email. And Mary does that better than anyone.

Maureen

Working with Lyssabeth's was fantastic! Very organized, professional, timely, and an excellent value. We absolutely loved Corinna as our officiant. She undertook to really understand who we were and what we wanted from our ceremony, and it was perfect. Corinna is really a magical person, and I wish that we could do the ceremony again as it was one of the most tremendous 30 minutes of my life, in no small part thanks to Corinna and Lyssabeth's.

Sent on 08/23/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Wow! How cool is it to be a part of the "the most tremendous 30 minutes" of someone's life?! (However, my guess is that you have many, many more tremendous moments in store for you in your married life!) Thanks for sharing your thoughts so enthusiastically. We're thrilled to have been a part of your special day.

Leighanne · Married on 06/23/2012

We used Jennifer Badding as our officiant and she was absolutely wonderful! Jenn worked closely with us to make sure our ceremony was personable and memorable for our big day. She had lots of material to choose from to help us put the script together and would customize anything to make it a perfect fit. She made sure everything flowed together smoothly and was well written. To top that off, she is an amazing speaker! We received numerous compliments on what a beautiful ceremony we had. It was a perfect match of our wedding vision! Thank you Jenn for helping to make such an important day one of the best!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Hi Leighanne,

All those Toastmaster meetings for Jenn do pay off, don't they? LOL. There's a reason that she is one of our most popular officiants and your glowing words hit the nail on the head! Jenn just puts forth 110% in every wedding that she does and I'm thrilled that that was came through on your special day. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive thoughts.

Lindsay · Married on 06/23/2012

Vicky Hampton officiated our wedding and we could not have been happier! We went with the basic package and chose the contemporary script. She took the time to call and also email me prior to our wedding day to make sure we were on the right track. She attended the wedding rehearsal per our request and took the time to mingle and speak with my parents and some of the bridesmaids/groomsmen before we got started. I really appreciated this since I was running around and making sure everyone was there for the rehearsal!

The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Vicky delivered our ceremony with love and used humor in the perfect places. I have had so many compliments on our ceremony! It is amazing it was a script; it felt very personal and I can only attribute this to Vicky's delivery. I would absolutely recommend Lyssabeth's to anyone looking for a wedding officiant who will make their ceremony personal and special.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Hi Lindsay,

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better, I see yet another glowing review about officiant Vicky Hampton. I agree--one of the things she does best is setting everyone at ease, and the rehearsal is the perfect time to connect with other bridal party members (besides the bride and groom). Vicky understands the importance of the little things and Attention to Detail just might be her middle name!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I know Vicky will be pleased.

Caryn · Married on 06/02/2012

The wedding was amazing and our officiant worked with us when we were surprised to find 3 other weddings in our location and working with the tide timing. They knew the location and how to improvise when an unforceen situation happened --- would not have changed a single thing.

Sent on 09/09/2012

Hi Caryn,

Ah, the challenges of eloping on the beach in Oregon! Your officiant was Lesley Wise and she is indeed a pro at juggling unexpected circumstances that crop up on the wedding day.

So glad that everything worked out for you and your wedding day was memorable and fun!

Sabrina · Married on 04/28/2012

Maureen Thompson was our officiant and she did a wonderful job. She helped keep our rehearsal dinner moving smoothly, even with distractions, and did a lovely job at our ceremony. We received many compliments from guests about how great Maureen was and we couldn't agree more. Thanks Maureen for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Sabrina, how kind of you to leave such a lovely review--especially when your new hubby had you put his ring on his right hand after I told him to extend the left! And I didn't catch it! Just goes to show that even the boss can make mistakes! (I know I am going to catch it when my staff reads this, but it's all in good fun!) But you really must train him to follow instructions better! LOL.

I think only that one guest noticed anyway and Mike and I had a good laugh over it.

You two are a fabulous couple and I wish you years of happiness together!

Kim · Married on 01/03/2012

We hired Lisa to perform and ceremony and could not have been happier. From the first meeting she was so informative and helpful. She really helped us create the perfect ceremony for us and suggested some wonderful ways to include our son in the ceremony. Lisa gladly accommodated all of our requests and made everything run smoothly. She even handled the lack of lighting to read by...totally our fault by the way...like a complete pro and never missed a beat. She conducted the ceremony with a nice mix of solemnity and levity that brought both tears and laughter from everyone involved. Even though we only met her a couple of times before "the day", it felt like she was an old friend. I would not hesitate to recommend Lisa or Lyssabeth's to anyone looking for a truly special and joyous experience.

Sent on 01/06/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

That's our Lisa! She's a dynamo! A professional dynamo, though. I'm so glad that your wedding day went smoothly and that Lisa handled all the potential glitches with her usual flair! We spent a lot of time in training on how to handle the "what can go wrongs," so it's not uncommon for our officiants to handle problems effortlessly. I'll bet your guests had no idea there was even an issue going on behind the scenes--and that is how it should be.

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to leave a review.

Stan and Steph · Married on 11/26/2011

I think hiring an officiant for our wedding was the part of our wedding planning I dreaded the most in anticipation, but looking back on it, it turned out to be the easiest part of the process.

We found Lyssabeth's with a websearch, sent in a contact request, and were contacted back right away. Maureen walked us through the various options they offered and took the time to make sure we had just the ceremony we wanted. Corrina, our officiant, kept in contact with us before the wedding to polish the ceremony and timing, and this even though she was out of the country at the time. Amazing.

The ceremony went so well,and I think that was in large part due to Corrina's coordination, presence, and feeling. The words were wonderful, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of officiant, I think.

We had most of our contacts via email and over the phone. We didn't need any 'face to face' meetings, and I think they've done this enough that none are really needed. But, I suspect if you did, they'd be just as professional.

Thank you Maureen, Corrina, and everyone at Lyssabeth's!

Sent on 01/21/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Yes, face to face meetings are our specialty! But we're just as comfortable planning the ceremony via phone and internet if that makes more sense. It's all good.

I'm thrilled that your wedding day was all that you wanted it to be and that Corrina exceeded your expectations.

Thanks for the upbeat and thoughtful review!

Kirsten · Married on 10/30/2011

Terri Wood did such a beautiful ceremony. We got married in Newport, OR and it was wonderful. Terri was kind, and spoke articulately and beautifully. The ceremony was exactly what we wanted and everyone was impressed. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Terri even called to tell me it would be okay that it was raining on my wedding day which wasn't part of the "package" so I was very grateful to her for that.

Sent on 11/09/2011

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

How wonderful to hear this! Terri is somewhat new to our company and this is her first Wedding Wire review. She will be thrilled to know that she made such a positive difference on your special day. Thanks so much for sharing your kind words!

Teri · Married on 10/10/2011

Dana Bevis was the most amazing officiant!! She made us comfortable with every part of the wedding process and made sure our day was just what we had hoped for. Her professionalism and energy were the perfect match for us...Lyssabeth's is a top-notch company.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Janel · Married on 09/04/2011

Lyssabeth's Wedding Officiants was absolutely wonderful to work with from start to finish! Maureen took the time to guide us through our options and made a perfect suggestion for a way to include my 13 year old son in the ceremony.

Vicky Hampton was our officiant for our wedding on September 4th and we could not be more pleased! Many of our guests complimented Vicky and thought the ceremony was the loveliest they had ever attended.

I highly recommend Lyssabeth's Wedding Officiants! They really made our special day even more so!

Sent on 09/11/2011

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Involving teenagers in the ceremony can be tricky--some things are too babyish (like being a ring bearer) and others are too adult (like doing a reading in front of 300 people). So, we think it's important to offer ways that will involve teens that are age-appropriate and allow them to realize how much they, too, are a part of Mom or Dad's new life.

I'm thrilled that your day was so memorable! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

• Angela

Angela · Married on 09/04/2011

It's funny because the ceremony was what we spent the least amount of time planning and it became the only thing that went according to plan! Lyssabeth's services were exactly what we wanted - affordable officiating services. We got the basic package. They provided example scripts, I combined them to create our ideal script and then our officiant did a little personalization and we finalized everything. It was so easy! Vicky was our officiant and we met her for the first time the day of the ceremony. She was so great!! We had a couple of laughs during the ceremony and it was just perfect because it was just our style. I had many comments afterwards where people asked where we found her because she was just so perfect!

Sent on 09/15/2011

Angela,

We were the ONLY thing that went according to plan? Wow! I'd love to hear the story of your wedding day!

Your words remind me that even though the ceremony script might be pre-written (as yours was), there is still plenty of room to infuse a couple's personality into the space between the written words. I'm glad you feel that Vicky did that for you so well.

Thanks!
    maureen
  • Y

Gretchen · Married on 09/03/2011

Ms. Dana Bevis performed our wedding ceremony and we could not have been more pleased with her! When we met with her she was so enthusiastic and genuine, we loved her! She responded promptly to all of our emails and questions, and was happy to make the changes we wanted, and had fantastic suggestions. The day of the wedding she was wonderful, and absolutely genuine, I would hire her again in a heartbeat, thanks Dana!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Dana loves officiating like no one I have ever seen! It sounds like her enthusiasm was contagious, which is great!

I'm thrilled that she was a good fit for you and that you are so pleased with our services.

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2011

Michael Owens performed our wedding and he was excellent! It was a beautiful ceremony!

Sent on 08/28/2011

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Mike's been marrying people for a very long time (even longer than I have--and that's saying something!) and I'm thrilled that his expertise and professionalism added to your special day.

Ariane · Married on 08/20/2011

I found this company to be one of the most professional vendors I worked with during the wedding planning process. Vicky, my officiant, always emailed me back right away when I had questions. In fact, she was the one who prompted most of our conversations. And when my big day came, she introduced herself to me in person with the most calm and caring demeanor. I felt like she was really there to guide me through (I was nervous!). It was so helpful to have her peaceful and cheerful attitude through the ceremony. Overall I loved this company and would recommend it to ANY bride!!

Sent on 09/09/2011

Ariane,

Thanks for your kind words. We always say that we strive to keep stress and the bride as far apart from one another as possible on the wedding day. And no one is better at that than Vicky!

For the Basic Ceremony that you selected--which only calls for phone and email consults prior to the big day--it's especially important that the officiant be able to put couples at ease on the wedding day. I'm glad (although not surprised) that Vicky was able to calm your anxiety and help you create a picture-perfect ceremony experience.

Effie · Married on 08/13/2011

After not getting any calls back from judges and such, and seeing the prices from various clergy that do non-religious ceremonies, I decided to go another route. If we knew someone who could do our ceremony we would have gone that way. Lyssabeth's was very easy to use. Their website is very detailed, and when I inquired about my date I got an immediate response from a real person! The prices and descriptions of packages listed on the website are exactly what you get. I like the recorded samples of the various vows too, it really brings the words to life. Communication with our officiant was very smooth and he responded quickly to all of our emails and met with us at convenient times. The written materials provided by Lyssabeth's are very thorough. We didn't have to reinvent the wheel, there are so many ways to say "I do" and the samples from this company cover EVERYTHING you could possibly want. My husband and I were able to personalize our ceremony, but used at least 90% of the provided wording, and both of us are pretty creative and like to write!There were great ideas for various traditions for ceremonies as well. Trust me, you will be relieved to have professionals take the lead. I hired a caterer, a photographer, why not hire a professional officiant too? Scott, our officiant, attended and helped run our rehearsal which was great. It was helpful to us for him to become familiar with the wedding site and the wedding party. Overall, we loved Lyssabeth's.

Sent on 09/12/2011

Effie,

Thanks for such a thorough and detailed review. We do try to give each couple everything they want without making them pay for things that they don't, so I'm delighted that we had a service level that was perfect for you.

A · Married on 08/12/2011

Working with our officiant Chris was easy and stress-free. I was surprised how simple it was to plan our ceremony. On the wedding day, Chris exceeded our expectations. Her delivery of the ceremony was very genuine, polished and warm. My family was also impressed. I would not change a thing about our officiant or ceremony and I would recommend Lyssabeth's to my closest friends and family. Thank you for helping to make our day so special.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

We strive to exceed expectations and I'm so glad that we did that for you. Chris is always warmly received by couples and their guests and I see that your wedding was no exception.

Thanks for taking the time to review our services.

Cynde · Married on 07/30/2011

The staff at Lyssabeth were so helpful and answered our questions quickly. They helped us customize our wedding ceremony so our happy day was unique and special. I got many compliments on our officiant and would highly recommend Lyssabeth's services.

Sent on 09/10/2011

Karey · Married on 07/23/2011

They were awesome!! So easy to work with, customize your ceremony to exactly what you want. Daniel is the best!!

Sent on 09/11/2011

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

I thank you and Daniel thanks you!

• Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 06/05/2011

Scott Franssen was our officiant from this company that provides several different officiants for you to meet and choose to work with. Scott was a great officiant, professional, kind and humorous (at the appropriate times). The script for the ceremony was written by both my husband and I with options provided by LyssaBeth's. Prices were very reasonable. We were very happy with our decision.

Sent on 07/07/2011

Dana · Married on 05/29/2011

I chose Lyssabeth’s Colorado Wedding Officiants because they served a wide range of destinations in Colorado, offered scripts for a variety of religious/secular ceremonies, and their packages were reasonably priced. Hiring Lyssabeth’s was one of the best decisions I made during the wedding planning process. My officiant, Dana, was an absolute joy to work with! Not only was she welcoming and sincere, but she was very responsive to my requests. Dana was also accommodating, and she incorporated several last-minute changes into the ceremony with ease. Thanks to Dana’s professionalism and outgoing personality, the ceremony was a beautiful and memorable event! I highly recommend Lyssabeth’s Colorado Wedding Officiants to any bride and groom seeking the ceremony of their dreams!

Sent on 06/11/2011

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Dana, thank you ever so much for your effusive praise! I'll admit, I connected you with Dana because I thought it would be fun to be married by someone who shared your name! But it looks like the compatibility went beyond that! I'm thrilled that your ceremony was all that you wanted it to be and wish you and Tristan years of happiness together.

Angela · Married on 04/03/2011

Corrina McFarlane was wonderful and did a beautiful job with our custom ceremony. We had hired another officiant who found out that she was due with her second child on our wedding date. We had just under 5 months until our wedding date and we contacted Lyssabeth's, and requested a meeting with Corrina. Upon our first meeting we knew that she understood what we wanted in a ceremony, and how we wanted things to happen.

We still get compliments on both our officiant and our ceremony. Thank you Corrina!!

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 01/01/2011

Extremely pleased with Lyssabeths!! So many other services in the area didn't return my phone calls or emails...another officiant actually cancelled on my because I decided to do my winter ceremony outside! Maureen played phone tag with me & never gave up until she was able to talk to me & find out my needs....she & the website helped me tremendously & set me up with Chris Turner to do the ceremony who was aslo an absolute sweetheart! She braved the bitter cold that day like a champ and performed a beautiful ceremony. I'm so glad I used Lyssabeths & would use them again in a heartbeat! They definetely took away the stress I had about that aspect of the wedding planning! Go with them, you will not be dissapointed....you'll be in GREAT hands!!!

Sent on 02/14/2011

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Wow! Teresa, you rock! What a pleasure to hear that you were so happy with our services. I have to say, we have to give Chris extra points for performing a ceremony with wind chill below zero! It's easy to brave the cold when couples are as much fun to work with as you and Phillip. Thank you so much for your kind words!