104 Reviews for Blue Ridge Floral Design

Altar Decor (6)
Non-Floral (6)
Chuppah Decor (2)
104 Blue Ridge Floral Design Reviews

My daughters wedding had the most beautiful flowers. Amy took our request for simple, but elegant and
did such a fabulous job on the flowers. We left it up to her and no one could have done a nicer job and she
was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User2733105, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Amy was so great to work with. From the first time we met her we could tell she perfectly understood our vision of the day. All her update emails along the way were much appreciated and she took special care in making sure every flower fit with our color palette(even the tricky "vivid poppy" bridesmaid dress color). From the large arrangements to the table centerpiecese to our bouquets, I was speechless upon walking into King Family and seeing everything set up. She is such a gifted florist and professional.

Profile Picture Jackie, 6/1/12, 2 Reviews
4.1

Amy did a fantastic job on our wedding flowers. While she might be a little slow to email, she let me change my mind on my bouquet about 5 times. And the final product was beautiful. The flowers were to die for, and everything looked just the way I wanted!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture christine, 5/27/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I can't say enough about how beautiful the flowers were and how easy it was to work with Amy. She kept reassuring me that she wouldn't let it be anything else other than beautiful and she was right!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/26/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Blue Ridge Floral was an absolute treat to work with. I came to Amy after experiencing disappointment with another floral vendor that failed to offer me a proposal within my suggested budget. Not only did Amy gladly accept our budget, but at every step of the way, she did everythign she could to get us the most beautiful flowers for our wedding - and she refused to settle for less than best when it came to the quality of flowers.

Despite a warm winter and a spring wedding date, Amy delivered on the various peonies and roses that we contracted for. She even made several trips up into the mountains to find the lilac that bloomed late enough! At every turn, Amy was professional. She met us at the venue when we came for the tasting just so could see the site and give us her early thoughts. On the wedding date, she was on time and even stuck around to make sure the moms, dads and groomsmen had their respective accoutrement fastened properly. The flowers were simply stunning - never compromised for less than great.

My husband and I both felt in good hands with Amy, and although we gave her photos of the arrangements we liked, we let her have artistic control of most of the decisions. This turned out to be a great decision because she has a much better eye than either of us! We really enjoyed working with Amy and absolutely recommend her work.

Profile Picture Alexis, 4/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I am not an over-rater, but Amy deserves 5/5 stars! She does great quality work at a reasonable price, especially compared to other florists in the Charlottesville area.

I don't know much about flowers, but I did pick a few bouquets I liked off of Pinterest and Amy worked off those ideas to create exactly what I wanted! My bouquet was stunning and the bridesmaids were equally as beautiful. I didn't really have wedding "colors", but went with a burlap/lace theme throughout. At Amy's suggestion, she tastefully added lace to my bouquet stem and burlap to the bridesmaids'. My husband's boutonniere was very nice and looked great with his suit.

I also asked Amy to create two large arrangements for the ceremony. I gave her no direction whatsoever and simply trusted her judgement and style. They were absolutely gorgeous! I was surprised at how large they were, especially given the great price. These were probably one of my favorite things she created for me.

Amy also bought burlap ribbon and made bows for the ceremony pews (really rows of chairs since I got married at Veritas). She tied them to the chairs on the inside of the aisle so the pictures of the bridal party walking down will look really nice! The pew bows were at her suggestion and I'm glad I decided to do it.

Overall, I highly recommend Blue Ridge Floral Designs (I did interview 2 other florists in the area and wouldn't change a thing!). Flowers will be one less thing you'll have to worry about when you work with Amy.

Profile Picture christy, 3/31/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Words can not express how AMAZING Amy and her team is. She is so knowledgeable about flowers and you can trust (100%) that she will make your wedding/event beautiful.

When I first met with Amy at her house I had a few ideas but knew very little about flowers. She showed photos and actual flowers that can be used for my bouquet and my two bridesmaids. She is such a kind person and clearly loves what she does.

Because I am not from Charlottesville I did most communication through email. We emailed a few times and when I updated her with any changes they were made. A few days before the wedding she shared with me that she was able to find fabulous winter flowers for the centerpieces. They were gorgeous!!!! I wish I could have taken them home. Amy's team delivery and clean up was not an issue of budget at all. The value of flowers I received for the price was amazing. My bouquet was so huge that there would be no way I could get it somewhere else for the price I had. Some flowers that she used that day were orchids, calla lillies, hydrangeas, and those are pricey flowers.

I think Blue Ridge Floral Design is the only way to go in Charlottesville.

Profile Picture Chrissy, 12/19/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I highly recommend Blue Ridge Floral if you want gorgeous floral decor on your wedding day!

Everything from the table centerpieces to the bridesmaids bouquets and my cascading bouquet were intricately done with beautiful flowers, with remarkable color that blended perfectly with my wedding color palate and bridesmaids dresses. Everything was very lovely and extremely fresh. The chuppah she made was very elegant as well.

I was so grateful that Amy was able to work within my budget and provide magnificent decor at the same time.I found her prices more reasonable, and her quality higher, than other vendors I interviewed.

Amy also has a wealth of knowledge. When I first met with her to tell her my ideas of what I wanted to create, she was very receptive and had a ton of different flower photos that came to her mind to show me that fit with exactly what I was looking for.

She simply does a fabulous job!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/9/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

While it may be difficult to put into words how AMAZING Amy was to work with for my wedding a few weeks ago, I will at least give it a shot!

From the very beginning of the wedding planning process, it was clear that I had no idea what I wanted with flowers. My mom and her friends wanted to do the centerpieces to add a personal touch, but we still wanted a florist to do all of the bouquets, corsages, aisle and arch decorations, etc. Based on reviews and wedding blogs, my mom contacted a few potential florists in the Charlottesville area and were immediately blown away by Amy's responsiveness, professionalism, and obvious passion for what she does. Amy invited my family to her home to sit down and discuss my "vision" and, based on my complete lack of knowledge of flowers (and lack of pictures), I'm sure I was a florist's nightmare! I simply described what I wanted my wedding to be like in a few sentences without any clear idea, and Amy then took care of the rest. Based on some sample pictures she showed me, I just knew we were in good hands, which is a very big deal when planning a wedding with so many different pieces to the puzzle.

Blue Ridge Floral Design completely BLEW ME AWAY on the day of my wedding. WIth 210+ people traveling from all over to be at my vineyard wedding, I of course was upset when it was POURING rain the entire day. Amy showed up at the venue much earlier than expected just to "check in" and provide us all with her calming presence. Because of her experience at various venues in the area, she assured me that the indoor back-up plan would be beautiful, and even made arrangements for extra indoor decorations with her incredible work. She openly welcomed (and encouraged) the involvement of my mom and her friends while they worked on the centerpieces, and even tied in a few personal touches of my mom's into the archway. Amy was a HUGE part in orchestrating a BEAUTIFUL indoor wedding, and at a much more reasonable price than other florists (as I quickly learned, flowers can easily eat up a wedding budget!)

Thank you, Blue Ridge Floral Design, for making our wedding so perfect. I strongly, strongly recommend contacting Amy for ANY event and will certainly use her again in the future for any floral needs. You are the best!!!

Profile Picture User1231215, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Amy is wonderful to work with! She immediately got my vision for the "look and feel" of the ceremony and she seemed genuinely excited and enthusiastic about helping to make it come true.

The flowers and chuppah decorations were gorgeous, and we had a number of guests comment on how beautiful the chuppah was in particular. The flowers matched my dress and the bridesmaids dresses perfectly, and were exactly what I had hoped for.

Amy was a pleasure to work with, and a true professional.

Profile Picture Olga, 9/3/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Amy created the most amazing bouquets and arrangements for our wedding! She had been recommended to me by a couple of friends, but her work exceeded our expectations!

Profile Picture Clare, 8/27/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I love Amy! I had a 10 month engagement. At the beginning I envisioned something classic and elegant and then completely switched gears to something wild, crazy, and colorful- Amy was so easy to work with and completely jumped on board my new color crazy vision and took it to the next level. I could tell she truly loved flowers and her enthusiasm and excitement really got me excited, even though I know nothing about flowers.

She was one of my favorite vendors to work with and it really felt like you were working with a family member who cared just as much about the big day as you did. Like I said, her enthusiasm is contagious.

A month after the wedding and I'm still hearing back from guests about how beautiful the flowers were.

I can't recommend Amy enough!

Profile Picture Hilty, 6/25/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Amy provided the flowers and other decor for our wedding and she did a terrific job. Our wedding was outside with an indoor reception and we ordered bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, a chuppah and other misc. floral decorations from her (flowers for the cake, for the ceremony chairs, etc). We met with her initially to tell her what we were thinking about and we didn't have a strong color palette, but rather wanted neutrals with some touches of color. She took it from there and did an amazing job with the flowers we love. I would most definitely recommend Amy to anyone as she is very talented with designing her pieces, organized, efficient at setup and very personable (both of our parents enjoyed talking with her as she was helping them with their corsages/boutonnieres).

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/30/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Jim and I were married March 26, 2011 at the UVA Chapel with a reception at Alumni Hall. Amy Webb helped with all the flowers for our wedding, and we could not have made a better choice. Amy Webb is incredible with flowers. I know so little about flowers, and Amy was the perfect florist to work with. She met with my fiancé and me to discuss what we envisioned and what we wanted on our wedding day and then she took our ideas and created beautiful arrangements. All of our bouquets and boutonnières were perfect, the chapel was gorgeous, and the receptions area was breathtaking. Amy wanted to create flower arrangements that really represented what we wanted and us. I would not hesitate to recommend Amy and Blue Ridge Floral Designs for any floral needs!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/26/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I agree with another review here that Amy Webb is a true hidden gem of Central Virginia! My husband and I were recently married at Clifton Inn in Charlottesville, and Amy came highly recommended by the staff at Clifton. We were so fortunate to find her - we were planning our wedding from out of state and she was so patient and easy-going. We are not people who know a great deal about flowers, but had an overall idea of colors and the look we were going for. I trusted her judgement completely and she did not disappoint! The flowers and arrangements she created for our ceremony, bouquets and the reception were absolutely stunning - a perfect fit to the space and the feel of our celebration. People were literally gushing about them. In addition, Amy was so easy to work with. She truly knows and loves her craft - and we loved being able to give her the room and freedom to create and work her art. Thank you again, Amy! We miss our gorgeous flowers!

Profile Picture Susanne, 3/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

From our first meeting with Amy Webb, it was apparent that she knew exactly what look we were hoping for and she didn't disappoint us one bit! You could tell she was excited about coming up with lots of creative suggestions. She was fantastic! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her and already have several times.

Profile Picture Barbara, 2/26/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

BEST FLORIST EVER!!! Exquisite. Fresh, gorgeous flowers that were beautifully arranged!! I couldn't have imagined how beautiful and special all of the flowers were going to be to both my guests and me. I had some delivered to family and friends prior to the wedding, and her careful, beautiful work was such a blessing to them and captured the joy of the occasion. Amy’s style is timeless, and she was easy to work with! She loves what she does, and it shows. We met once to discuss what style I wanted and what my favorite flowers were. I gave her a lot of freedom to choose anything she thought would go well with what I liked, and I'm so glad I did. The arrangements were absolutely stunning – the centerpieces at my December wedding included red and white tulips, roses, berries, boxwood leaves and more. And the rehearsal dinner centerpieces were mint julep cups with all white flowers, which we had the guests take home. Amy takes her job very seriously and absolutely loves what she does -- and it shows! She even made a Christmas wreath for my new husband and me to enjoy during the season and remind us of our special day! I've never written an on-line review before, but Amy was so good, I had to let people know.

Profile Picture sarah, 12/4/10, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

BRFD is amazing! Amy Webb, the florist who made everything, is a pleasure to work with. She listens carefully and then creates the most beautiful arrangements. The colors she picked were exactly what I envisioned in my mind! The bouquet she created was full of so many flowers and felt so regal as I carried it down the aisle. Amy takes the time to call the weeks before the wedding to confirm the flower order, discuss the wedding vision in great detail, and discuss the timeline of the day to the smallest detail. You can sit back and relax on your wedding day knowing that Amy is in charge! She was an amazing florist to have!

Profile Picture Irina, 11/20/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Blue Ride Floral Design is simply amazing!!! My husband and I met with a few different vendors before meeting with Amy at BRFD...within 10 minutes of talking with Amy we had made our decision. Amy has an amazing eye for flowers and design in general. My husband and I had a general idea of how we wanted the ceremony and reception to look but really didn't know how to bring it all together. Within just one appointment with Amy, she laid out the flowers, centerpieces, and other elements to make our idea come to life!!! Additionally, Amy and her husband went out of their way to help us with not only the flowers / centerpieces for the wedding, but they also helped us build an amazing canopy that was the focal point for our ceremony!!! I would highly recommend Blue Ride Floral Design to anyone looking to have a beautifully decorated wedding!

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 10/17/10, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My husband and I used Amy and Blue Ridge Floral Design for our 7/10/2010 wedding and couldn't have been happier with her service and products. Everything from the arch and rose petals we used for our ceremony, to the bouquets and corsages, to the reception centerpieces, were all gorgeous. There was not one aspect of our flowers that we were not incredibly happy with.

Amy went out of her way to make sure that the flowers were exactly what we imagined, and was able to do so even though we contacted her fairly late in the planning process. She was open to any and all ideas we had and was always reachable and happy to meet in person. She went above and beyond our expectations. In fact, when I had the idea to float flowers in the pool where we were holding our cocktail hour, she went as far as to special order flower rings and orchids, and to test ahead of time to make sure they would work (the floating flowers turned out to be a huge hit with guests). I would recommend her services to any couple getting married in the Charlottesville area.

Profile Picture Annik, 7/10/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Amy provided absolutely beautiful arrangements that synced up with my vision for the wedding. Even though the flowers I wanted did not look quite like anything she had done before, she took note of what I wanted and really came through to pull off my vision. Thanks, Amy!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/4/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The flowers at my daughter's wedding were absolutely stunning! They fit perfectly with early April, and Amy's service was of the highest quality. I would not hesitate to recommend Blue Ridge Floral!

Profile Picture Amy, 4/10/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I got married in February and Amy was wonderful. When we first began to speak with Amy, my fiance and I were living in Europe (military). Amy was incredibly flexible and worked with us by phone and email. When we finally arrived in the U.S. Amy was more than happy to meet with us (several times) to discuss the different things we wanted to incorporate into our wedding. Working with Amy was great. We were able to tell her what we had in mind and she did a beautiful job bringing it together with minimal instructions from us. Not only were her prices great, but the work was amazing. We are still being approached by guests that were amazed by how beautiful everything was.

Profile Picture Lisbeth, 2/27/10, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Amy, with Blue Ridge Floral Design, was the very first vendor with whom we met. Before meeting with her, I was skeptical I could accomplish the daunting task of planning a wedding! Amy helped to quell my uncertainty with her knowledge professionalism and her ability to "get" my vision for the wedding. One thing that really struck me was that she told us where we could save money, never tried to "up sell," and was always looking for where our money would best be utilized. THE FLOWERS WERE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS-my vision and MORE!! It has been a couple of months since the wedding. I look at pictures of my bouquet and just smile. I could not recommend her more.

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/9/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Amy was wonderful to work with, and is a very talented floral designer. Our flowers were beautiful, and she did a great job of using flowers in season so we had a beautiful early-Summer look at our wedding. I really appreciated the personalized attention we received and the fact that she only commits to one wedding per day--if you are looking for someone with great ideas and a very natural look, Amy is your person. Her prices for the area are quite reasonable, and it was so nice not to be one of many weddings per day done by the "flower factories" in the area. Finally, she knows many of the wedding vendors in the area, and was great about coordinating with our cake designer, caterer, and wedding coordinator so that everything went very smoothly on the actual day!

Profile Picture Hillary, 6/13/09, 5 Reviews