Blue Ridge Floral Design Reviews

104 Reviews for Blue Ridge Floral Design

104 Blue Ridge Floral Design Reviews
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/09/2011

I highly recommend Blue Ridge Floral if you want gorgeous floral decor on your wedding day!

Everything from the table centerpieces to the bridesmaids bouquets and my cascading bouquet were intricately done with beautiful flowers, with remarkable color that blended perfectly with my wedding color palate and bridesmaids dresses. Everything was very lovely and extremely fresh. The chuppah she made was very elegant as well.

I was so grateful that Amy was able to work within my budget and provide magnificent decor at the same time.I found her prices more reasonable, and her quality higher, than other vendors I interviewed.

Amy also has a wealth of knowledge. When I first met with her to tell her my ideas of what I wanted to create, she was very receptive and had a ton of different flower photos that came to her mind to show me that fit with exactly what I was looking for.

She simply does a fabulous job!

• Katelin

Katelin · Married on 09/23/2011

While it may be difficult to put into words how AMAZING Amy was to work with for my wedding a few weeks ago, I will at least give it a shot!

From the very beginning of the wedding planning process, it was clear that I had no idea what I wanted with flowers. My mom and her friends wanted to do the centerpieces to add a personal touch, but we still wanted a florist to do all of the bouquets, corsages, aisle and arch decorations, etc. Based on reviews and wedding blogs, my mom contacted a few potential florists in the Charlottesville area and were immediately blown away by Amy's responsiveness, professionalism, and obvious passion for what she does. Amy invited my family to her home to sit down and discuss my "vision" and, based on my complete lack of knowledge of flowers (and lack of pictures), I'm sure I was a florist's nightmare! I simply described what I wanted my wedding to be like in a few sentences without any clear idea, and Amy then took care of the rest. Based on some sample pictures she showed me, I just knew we were in good hands, which is a very big deal when planning a wedding with so many different pieces to the puzzle.

Blue Ridge Floral Design completely BLEW ME AWAY on the day of my wedding. WIth 210+ people traveling from all over to be at my vineyard wedding, I of course was upset when it was POURING rain the entire day. Amy showed up at the venue much earlier than expected just to "check in" and provide us all with her calming presence. Because of her experience at various venues in the area, she assured me that the indoor back-up plan would be beautiful, and even made arrangements for extra indoor decorations with her incredible work. She openly welcomed (and encouraged) the involvement of my mom and her friends while they worked on the centerpieces, and even tied in a few personal touches of my mom's into the archway. Amy was a HUGE part in orchestrating a BEAUTIFUL indoor wedding, and at a much more reasonable price than other florists (as I quickly learned, flowers can easily eat up a wedding budget!)

Thank you, Blue Ridge Floral Design, for making our wedding so perfect. I strongly, strongly recommend contacting Amy for ANY event and will certainly use her again in the future for any floral needs. You are the best!!!

• O

Olga · Married on 09/03/2011

Amy is wonderful to work with! She immediately got my vision for the "look and feel" of the ceremony and she seemed genuinely excited and enthusiastic about helping to make it come true.

The flowers and chuppah decorations were gorgeous, and we had a number of guests comment on how beautiful the chuppah was in particular. The flowers matched my dress and the bridesmaids dresses perfectly, and were exactly what I had hoped for.

Amy was a pleasure to work with, and a true professional.

Clare · Married on 08/27/2011

Amy created the most amazing bouquets and arrangements for our wedding! She had been recommended to me by a couple of friends, but her work exceeded our expectations!

Hilty · Married on 06/25/2011

I love Amy! I had a 10 month engagement. At the beginning I envisioned something classic and elegant and then completely switched gears to something wild, crazy, and colorful- Amy was so easy to work with and completely jumped on board my new color crazy vision and took it to the next level. I could tell she truly loved flowers and her enthusiasm and excitement really got me excited, even though I know nothing about flowers.

She was one of my favorite vendors to work with and it really felt like you were working with a family member who cared just as much about the big day as you did. Like I said, her enthusiasm is contagious.

A month after the wedding and I'm still hearing back from guests about how beautiful the flowers were.

I can't recommend Amy enough!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/30/2011

Amy provided the flowers and other decor for our wedding and she did a terrific job. Our wedding was outside with an indoor reception and we ordered bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, a chuppah and other misc. floral decorations from her (flowers for the cake, for the ceremony chairs, etc). We met with her initially to tell her what we were thinking about and we didn't have a strong color palette, but rather wanted neutrals with some touches of color. She took it from there and did an amazing job with the flowers we love. I would most definitely recommend Amy to anyone as she is very talented with designing her pieces, organized, efficient at setup and very personable (both of our parents enjoyed talking with her as she was helping them with their corsages/boutonnieres).

Laura · Married on 03/26/2011

Jim and I were married March 26, 2011 at the UVA Chapel with a reception at Alumni Hall. Amy Webb helped with all the flowers for our wedding, and we could not have made a better choice. Amy Webb is incredible with flowers. I know so little about flowers, and Amy was the perfect florist to work with. She met with my fiancé and me to discuss what we envisioned and what we wanted on our wedding day and then she took our ideas and created beautiful arrangements. All of our bouquets and boutonnières were perfect, the chapel was gorgeous, and the receptions area was breathtaking. Amy wanted to create flower arrangements that really represented what we wanted and us. I would not hesitate to recommend Amy and Blue Ridge Floral Designs for any floral needs!

Susanne · Married on 03/19/2011

I agree with another review here that Amy Webb is a true hidden gem of Central Virginia! My husband and I were recently married at Clifton Inn in Charlottesville, and Amy came highly recommended by the staff at Clifton. We were so fortunate to find her - we were planning our wedding from out of state and she was so patient and easy-going. We are not people who know a great deal about flowers, but had an overall idea of colors and the look we were going for. I trusted her judgement completely and she did not disappoint! The flowers and arrangements she created for our ceremony, bouquets and the reception were absolutely stunning - a perfect fit to the space and the feel of our celebration. People were literally gushing about them. In addition, Amy was so easy to work with. She truly knows and loves her craft - and we loved being able to give her the room and freedom to create and work her art. Thank you again, Amy! We miss our gorgeous flowers!

Barbara · Married on 02/26/2011

From our first meeting with Amy Webb, it was apparent that she knew exactly what look we were hoping for and she didn't disappoint us one bit! You could tell she was excited about coming up with lots of creative suggestions. She was fantastic! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her and already have several times.

sarah · Married on 12/04/2010

BEST FLORIST EVER!!! Exquisite. Fresh, gorgeous flowers that were beautifully arranged!! I couldn't have imagined how beautiful and special all of the flowers were going to be to both my guests and me. I had some delivered to family and friends prior to the wedding, and her careful, beautiful work was such a blessing to them and captured the joy of the occasion. Amy’s style is timeless, and she was easy to work with! She loves what she does, and it shows. We met once to discuss what style I wanted and what my favorite flowers were. I gave her a lot of freedom to choose anything she thought would go well with what I liked, and I'm so glad I did. The arrangements were absolutely stunning – the centerpieces at my December wedding included red and white tulips, roses, berries, boxwood leaves and more. And the rehearsal dinner centerpieces were mint julep cups with all white flowers, which we had the guests take home. Amy takes her job very seriously and absolutely loves what she does -- and it shows! She even made a Christmas wreath for my new husband and me to enjoy during the season and remind us of our special day! I've never written an on-line review before, but Amy was so good, I had to let people know.

• I

Irina · Married on 11/20/2010

BRFD is amazing! Amy Webb, the florist who made everything, is a pleasure to work with. She listens carefully and then creates the most beautiful arrangements. The colors she picked were exactly what I envisioned in my mind! The bouquet she created was full of so many flowers and felt so regal as I carried it down the aisle. Amy takes the time to call the weeks before the wedding to confirm the flower order, discuss the wedding vision in great detail, and discuss the timeline of the day to the smallest detail. You can sit back and relax on your wedding day knowing that Amy is in charge! She was an amazing florist to have!

Jacquelyn · Married on 10/17/2010

Blue Ride Floral Design is simply amazing!!! My husband and I met with a few different vendors before meeting with Amy at BRFD...within 10 minutes of talking with Amy we had made our decision. Amy has an amazing eye for flowers and design in general. My husband and I had a general idea of how we wanted the ceremony and reception to look but really didn't know how to bring it all together. Within just one appointment with Amy, she laid out the flowers, centerpieces, and other elements to make our idea come to life!!! Additionally, Amy and her husband went out of their way to help us with not only the flowers / centerpieces for the wedding, but they also helped us build an amazing canopy that was the focal point for our ceremony!!! I would highly recommend Blue Ride Floral Design to anyone looking to have a beautifully decorated wedding!

Annik · Married on 07/10/2010

My husband and I used Amy and Blue Ridge Floral Design for our 7/10/2010 wedding and couldn't have been happier with her service and products. Everything from the arch and rose petals we used for our ceremony, to the bouquets and corsages, to the reception centerpieces, were all gorgeous. There was not one aspect of our flowers that we were not incredibly happy with.

Amy went out of her way to make sure that the flowers were exactly what we imagined, and was able to do so even though we contacted her fairly late in the planning process. She was open to any and all ideas we had and was always reachable and happy to meet in person. She went above and beyond our expectations. In fact, when I had the idea to float flowers in the pool where we were holding our cocktail hour, she went as far as to special order flower rings and orchids, and to test ahead of time to make sure they would work (the floating flowers turned out to be a huge hit with guests). I would recommend her services to any couple getting married in the Charlottesville area.

Amy · Married on 04/10/2010

The flowers at my daughter's wedding were absolutely stunning! They fit perfectly with early April, and Amy's service was of the highest quality. I would not hesitate to recommend Blue Ridge Floral!

Lisbeth · Married on 02/27/2010

I got married in February and Amy was wonderful. When we first began to speak with Amy, my fiance and I were living in Europe (military). Amy was incredibly flexible and worked with us by phone and email. When we finally arrived in the U.S. Amy was more than happy to meet with us (several times) to discuss the different things we wanted to incorporate into our wedding. Working with Amy was great. We were able to tell her what we had in mind and she did a beautiful job bringing it together with minimal instructions from us. Not only were her prices great, but the work was amazing. We are still being approached by guests that were amazed by how beautiful everything was.

Sarah · Married on 01/09/2010

Amy, with Blue Ridge Floral Design, was the very first vendor with whom we met. Before meeting with her, I was skeptical I could accomplish the daunting task of planning a wedding! Amy helped to quell my uncertainty with her knowledge professionalism and her ability to "get" my vision for the wedding. One thing that really struck me was that she told us where we could save money, never tried to "up sell," and was always looking for where our money would best be utilized. THE FLOWERS WERE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS-my vision and MORE!! It has been a couple of months since the wedding. I look at pictures of my bouquet and just smile. I could not recommend her more.

Hillary · Married on 06/13/2009

Amy was wonderful to work with, and is a very talented floral designer. Our flowers were beautiful, and she did a great job of using flowers in season so we had a beautiful early-Summer look at our wedding. I really appreciated the personalized attention we received and the fact that she only commits to one wedding per day--if you are looking for someone with great ideas and a very natural look, Amy is your person. Her prices for the area are quite reasonable, and it was so nice not to be one of many weddings per day done by the "flower factories" in the area. Finally, she knows many of the wedding vendors in the area, and was great about coordinating with our cake designer, caterer, and wedding coordinator so that everything went very smoothly on the actual day!

Karen · Married on 10/12/2008

Amy was so nice to work with! She was very enthusiastic about all of my ideas, and created beautiful arrangements for me. All of the guests were raving about how beautfiul the flowers were, and how well they fit with the atmosphere. A truely gifted and talented woman with flowers.

Kecia · Married on 07/19/2008

Amy completely captured the look I wanted in flowers for our wedding. Her enthusiasm was unmatched by other floral vendors we interviewed. Without a doubt, flowers are her passion. She only enhanced our overall feel of the wedding with her flowers. Her ability to create natural arrangements from the alter to the bouquets to the centerpieces was refreshing. Amy was extremely easy to work with and took complete charge of the flowers. When one flower we had requested was at the end of its season, Amy suggested an alternative and it worked beautifully. I loved that she took that initiative. She worked with us to stay close to our flower budget. I would highly recommend Amy to any future brides in the Charlottesville area!

Erika · Married on 05/13/2006

Amy Webb is a hidden treaure of central Virginia. I came upon her contact information while checking out the site, http://www.blueridgeweddings.com/. She has a small business and grows a number of her flowers in her own backyard out in the country. She is wonderfully pleasant to work with and has a real eye for flowers. She and I had talked prior to the wedding about the overall feel for our wedding style, and I had shown her a lot of ideas of things I like. The end result was more amazing that I ever could have imagined! They went along exactly with the feel I was going for, and they were very unique. On top of that, she was so organized. When I arrived to the wedding, everything was all set up and looked amazing and she was ready to greet us with our bouquets. Guests thought we spend so much more money on the flowers that we actually did. I went for a lot of wildflower-style flowers, for an outdoor wedding, and they looked absolutely beautiful. She did a wonderful job and I would highly recommend her.

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

Amy is incredible at what she does! She has an impeccable eye for beauty and delivered the most magnificent flowers for our wedding. I was stunned by the gorgeous bouquets for my bridesmaids and I, and they photographed beautifully! Then, she made lovely pew hangers to spruce up our ceremony, which were re-purposed for our gorgeous reception. These were all beautiful, but when I entered the reception my jaw hit the floor!! I could not believe how well she captured my vision and how STUNNING her arrangements were. They totally made the venue. On top of the incredible service, she was very attentive to my budget and an absolute joy to work with. I would recommend Amy over and over!

I'd selected Amy from recommendations from friends, online reviews, and a coordinator's list. She was exactly as billed: very enthusiastic, experienced, and *extremely* willing to work within a budget. I met with her in person twice, as well as lots of emails. She made a strong effort to get exactly what my vision was, asking questions I wouldn't have thought of and offering lots of good suggestions.
    On the day of, everything looks beautiful and she'd gone even above the stretching she'd already done with our budget. Given that flowers were high on my priority list but we were so constrained, I couldn't have been happier. Things looked just as I'd asked for, which was sort of unique in asking to combine herbs with garden roses, peonies and some lush greens. Flowers held up beautifully despite the extended period in outdoor heat and looked great.
    Overall I cannot stress the importance of having a reliable, professional vendor. Amy was incredibly helpful and so thoughtful in her execution, and that meant even more knowing that she has some of the biggest corporate contracts in town--she clearly treats every person as special.

Erin · Married on 06/26/2015

Ann did a beautiful job on our flowers, I teared up when I saw my bouquet it was so beautiful! She has a very artistic style and can really help bring your vision or Pinterest board to life. I had a general color palate and feel in mind but not a lot of initial structure to my design. At our first meeting Ann made me feel comfortable and helped me to express and structure my ideas into something that she could create. We ended up using tall candelabras and low flower arrangements that suited our cocktail style event at Pippin Hill beautifully!
    I did meet with other florists in the area but I felt Ann was excited to work with me and she obviously loves flowers and what she does!

Annie · Married on 11/22/2014

Beautiful work and brought my vision to life without being overly expensive or snooty. Easy to work with.

Amanda · Married on 07/04/2010

Amy provided absolutely beautiful arrangements that synced up with my vision for the wedding. Even though the flowers I wanted did not look quite like anything she had done before, she took note of what I wanted and really came through to pull off my vision. Thanks, Amy!