Blue Plate Catering Reviews

Blue Plate Catering 5
Blue Plate Catering 6
Blue Plate Catering 7

Aaron · Married on 04/26/2008

Great food, great service, very helpful and responsive staff. Very Satisfied with this vendor.

Sent on 04/02/2009

Amanda · Married on 06/17/2006

3.0

Blue Plate is phenomenal. They basically acted not only as our caterer, but as our wedding coordinators on the day of. They made sure everything went as planned, worked with our venue and made the day completely worry-free.
    The food was excellent. They offer a complimentary tasting before you book them, which gave us a great opportunity to try all of their offerings.

Sent on 05/02/2008

3.5

Blue Plate hands down has the most spectacular food and service. They are the premier caterer in the Chicago-land area. I have been working with them as a caterer and as the owner of the space for my wedding reception. Laura Sherwood is absolutely incredible! Full of wonderful ideas, super flexible and always prompt in response. No request is too much for her. Can't wait to see how it all comes together- I know Blue Plate will take care of all of my wants, needs, and concerns.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Caroline · Married on 08/29/2009

3.5

Blue Plate Catering is the way to go! Their food is PHENOMENAL! We took my dad to the tasting, and he was just blown away. The best part was that the food tasted as good for 100+ people as it did for 5. My only regret is that I didn't eat it all! While Blue Plate is a bit pricier than other catering companies in Chicago, you are truly paying for quality, and a meal that you will remember forever!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Nicolle · Married on 06/14/2008

3.5

Blue Plate is an exceptional catering company. We worked with Michael Muer, who is creative, innovative and helped make our event about us, something we would remember and our guests would enjoy. From the raspberry mojitos to the creative appetizers and the excellent staff, we love Blue Plate!

Sent on 08/05/2008
  • I

Ian · Married on 06/04/2006

3.5

Blue Plate was actually priced higher then most of the other caterers that we looked at, but their level of professionalism elicited a higher degree of confidence from us that they would make our special day as perfect as it could be. We were not disappointed. Our coordinator, Michael, kept things on track all day and made sure we didn't have to worry about how the event was being managed. We would recommend Blue Plate to anybody for their wedding or catered event.

Sent on 05/05/2008

Sallie · Married on 05/05/2007

Blue Plate offers such a HUGE variety of delicious and unique food choices!!! Even a year after the wedding, our guests are STILL talking about how great the food was!

Sent on 05/23/2008

Stephanie · Married on 06/24/2005

3.8
      2.0
      3.0

Overall a good vendor. The food tasted wonderful and the premium bar was great. The coordinator even set up the flowers in the tent and on the cake. She did a fantastic job.

Sent on 11/26/2007

Neil · Married on 09/11/2010

2.6
      1.0
      2.5
      2.5

They were very nice to work with and the menu was great. My biggest problem was that I was not able to reach anyone the weeks leading up to the wedding. I had to call and email multiple times before my contact got back to me.
    They also ran out of food and mixers for our drinks, which is unacceptable. We had less people than expected so this should not have happened.
    Toward the last fews weeks I felt like they had moved on the next wedding.

Sent on 10/18/2010