Blue Mesa Grill Reviews

Blue Mesa Grill 5
Blue Mesa Grill 6
Blue Mesa Grill 7

Jessica · Married on 09/20/2013

Blue mesa completely blew us away with their customer service , professionalism, on site staff, promptness, and of course, how absolutely amazing their food was. Their bartender and wait staff took extra time out of their night to help my 70 year old dad try and load up our uhaul with wedding decorations.The food was amazing and i got more compliments about the buffet than I got about my stunning wife :)

Sent on 10/22/2013
  • swest

Samantha · Married on 03/26/2011

Presentation was beautiful and food was excellent. Guests raved about how good everything turned out and the quality of service that was provided. Was very pleased with Blue Mesa!

Sent on 07/22/2011

Krysten · Married on 10/28/2017

Food was amazing, and they were easy to communicate with. They delivered all of the food on the day to our venue and everything was just as we ordered.

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Blue Mesa Grill 15
    Blue Mesa Grill 16
  • EAShearman

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2017

We have heard nothing but good things about the dinner we served at our wedding. They even packed us to-go boxes so we could enjoy the food by ourselves.

Sent on 02/27/2018

diana · Married on 10/10/2010

The food was EXCELLENT. Cake cutting was included as were plates, cutlery, and napkins. The staff was very easy going and kept on top of the guests' needs. They did an excellent job of set up and clean up. Lisa was very accommodating and patient with getting our payment sorted out. I had people commenting left and right on how delicious the food was... even weeks after our wedding. The price we paid for everything included couldn't have been better. I highly recommend BLUE MESA!!!

Sent on 10/30/2010
  • texascline

Stephanie · Married on 05/17/2008

blue mesa is a family favorite when it comes to dining. their in-house service is always exceptional. there was nothing different about their catering. the food was fresh. they did both the rehearsal dinner and the reception. yes. yes. yes. i would recommend these guys!

Sent on 09/30/2008

Alyssa · Married on 01/05/2008

3.5

Great food, fun people, worked on our small budget, got rave reviews from our guests and they were perfectly run without us needing to worry about a thing.

Sent on 10/30/2008

Tracy · Married on 02/04/2017

They gave us a back room with deal of privacy and a buffet set up entirely for us. The building was just lovely and the staff was very responsive and helpful.
    $19 per head for a fajita buffet seems a little steep, but the food and desserts were quite tasty! All in all, I'd say it was a win!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Aly · Married on 06/27/2015

We hosted our rehearsal dinner at Blue Mesa in Addison, in one of their private rooms. Yolanda got everything booked for us and helped with menu selections. I found it easiest to communicate with her in person. A few days before the event I met with her to confirm final numbers, which we were slightly unsure about because a few of our guests were flying in that night and would hopefully make it, but were unsure about flight times. She was very understanding and recommended that we set our "minimum guaranteed attendance" to 20, but she would have the room set for 26 in case the other guests were able to make it, and that way we would only need to pay for them if they did. I really appreciated her understanding with this! However, when we got to the restaurant that night, the room was only set for 20, and our additional guests were coming. Fortunately, our lead waiter that evening was able to quickly add the additional seating to the room, so everything worked out okay. The food was plentiful and really good, as were the drinks, and our waiter that night was super awesome as well!! So, a little hiccup at the beginning, but overall it was a great rehearsal dinner.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Leah · Married on 10/18/2008

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Blue Mesa on Northwest Highway. The space worked out really well-- although the private area is closed off with partitions and is not really a separate room, I thought it felt totally private. And the place generally feels classy without being too expensive. We stayed for hours and never felt like we were being prompted to clear out. We had a cocktail hour and then a buffet dinner, which got tons of complements from the guests. There was plenty of room to circulate. The food was great. The drinks were unique (my only, very slight, issue was that it sometimes took to long to get a drink). Setting it up was simple and easy, and the staff was really nice.

Sent on 12/16/2008
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 07/02/2016

3.5

We are so glad we went with Blue Mesa to cater our wedding! The food was delicious and the value was AWESOME! The packages they offer come with so much included, compared to all the other caterers we looked into the value could not be beat.

Sent on 07/22/2016

Tam · Married on 12/06/2015

3.5

Blue Mesa (Dallas) catered our wedding last weekend at Winfrey Point. The food was very good - we got lots of good feedback on what was served. They were flexible with what we picked for the menu, letting us substitute dessert for passed appetizers. When we went to meet Nikisha, the coordinator, at the Blue Mesa in Dallas for the menu tasting, she welcomed us to stay for a complimentary lunch buffet. The coordinator on the day of the wedding on site did a very good job of making sure everything went smoothly & that everything looked presentable. I can't think of anything bad, other than that the bartender was not very friendly & wouldn't put out the nuts & cookies that we asked her to put out at the bar. But that's small details, however. Overall, I would definitely recommend Blue Mesa & I'd use them again for other events.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Kristen · Married on 06/14/2008

2.5

It was pretty good. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't closed off with an actual door. Just a curtain. Therefore, all the background noise of everyone else who was at the restaurant could be heard. Some little kid in the next "private area" over kept peeking in through the curtains that divided the two areas. I also think that cost-wise, I could have done better with a private caterer. There was only one waiter who basically just refilled beverages. He ended up getting all of the 18% gratuity, like $60 for doing that. I thought there would be a staff serving the food also but there wasn't.

Overall, it wasn't fantastic but it wasn't horrible either.

Sent on 06/30/2008

Laura · Married on 05/20/2017

2.0

Blue Mesa was a great place to have a rehearsal dinner-- the staff was so helpful and accommodating, and it was a great ambiance.
    My only complaint was that the alcohol served (we purchased the all-inclusive bar package- $18 per person) was not that great. The margaritas were a little weak, and the wine was not very good, so you may want to go with a different option or not pay for it at all. I don't know that it was worth the price.

The food and the service, however, was top-notch. The waiters and planning staff were just the nicest.

Sent on 06/21/2017

Bonnie · Married on 06/26/2010

3.8
      3.0

The food was excellent, service was good. The only issue we had was that we would have liked the serving platters to be moved after the buffet was complete. They were unable to move these platters and they ended up showing in the cake cutting photos.

Sent on 07/20/2010
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 05/04/2013

3.0

It took us some time to receive communication from the catering coordinator, and she was a little slow on getting back to us with things requested. However, I knew this was exactly who I wanted to cater (had to have "elegant" Mexican food) and was willing to understand. We had specific requests for the reception and not only were they late to set up, didn't have enough dinnerware so one server left and we were short a server at meal time, but they also didn't perform the specified request agreed upon. They were tp make us (Bride and Groom) a to-go plate, which they didn't do. We also had Blue Mesa perform our Bar area, and upon breakdown, they tried to take the alcohol we had paid for back with them. The food was amazing, as usual, but the overall service received was well below par and very frustrating as I had heard nothing but great things about their catering prior to our wedding. I will continue to visit the restaurant but will think again before hiring for a large event.

Sent on 05/21/2013