Blue Canary Letterpress Reviews

Blue Canary Letterpress 1
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/13/2018

Quality design & exquisite printing

Having spent some time in my college career working with letterpress, I knew I wanted my wedding invitations to be done in this tactile, beautiful art form. Jodi is a master of her little C&P press and has an expert eye for design. I sent her some sketches for what I had envisioned and she worked up a design - and then re-worked it when I asked for some tweaks. She was very accomodating to another artist's vision and nudged it until we got it just right. I also sent her color swatches (I sent the same sets of paint chips to all my vendors and bridesmaids to ensure consistency since we had 3 colors we were working with) and she mixed her inks perfectly to match. She also made a matching envelope slip, and did the addressing and mailing for us, which was a great relief! She set up a timeline for us to get the mailing out on time so that we would get the RSVPs back in time to get numbers to our other vendors. She printed plenty to make sure if we forgot someone, we would be able to add them, and she was able to send a set to our photographer when we realized much later that we forgot to do that! Our invitation count came to about 150 - the actually attendance count is lower, obviously.

Invitations can be works of art all on their own, and they are something physical to hold onto for years to come. To me it is absolutely worth the time and money to invest in a work of art that will commemorate the start of a new chapter of your life. Jodi is a professional who will give you a perfect mix of text and design that will match your special day.

Blue Canary Letterpress 2
    Sent on 11/04/2018

Missy · Married on 09/10/2016

Jodi was very responsive. She was very focused on the intensions of the event because the first preview of the invitation was perfect with only minor additions on my part. Her work is beautiful. I feel like her work is part of history and my daughter has a unique invitation. I can't wait to see the Wedding invitations which are being designed now. Her guests are being invited to her very special day in a very special way never to be forgotten. Thank you Jodi for your beautiful artistic talent. I wish you the best and much success with Blue Canary Letterpress.

Sent on 05/07/2016

Blue Canary Letterpress's reply:

Thank you so much Missy! I was so happy to create your bridal shower invitations and I'm very excited to work with Christy on her wedding invitations too. Thank you!

Lisa · Married on 06/18/2016

Jodi, the owner of Blue Canary Letterpress is fantastic! She created the rehearsal dinner invitations for my son's wedding and it couldn't have been a more fun and easy experience. She took my ideas and worked through every detail until it was perfect. I could choose many options of ink color to paper weight from a wide variety of styles. She gave it such a personal touch and her skills were impeccable. I highly recommend Jodi as her skills for design and product are outstanding. It has been a pleasure working with her through my various printing needs and I look forward to her expertise again when needed!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Blue Canary Letterpress's reply:

Thank you for the great review, Lisa! It has been great working with you. Your ideas for creating an invitation to reflect the river setting of your event were fun to collaborate on. I'm so honored to have been part of your son's special occasion. I wish you and your expanding family much joy!

Pam · Married on 06/03/2016

Jodi helped with design ideas for our invitations. She was able to capture the heart of our wedding beautifully. Having the invitations printed by letter press enabled us to stay consistent with our theme of authenticity. She stayed in constant communication with samples until the invitations were completed. The outcome was exactly what we were looking for.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Courtney · Married on 05/14/2016

Blue Canary Letterpress is a GREAT company to choose for your wedding invitation needs! You give them an idea of what you want out of your invitations, and they bring it to life! I wanted something witty that would make my guests laugh when they read it, and that is exactly what I got! I had most of my guest compliment our invitations and tell me how they laughed when they read it. Not to mention, no one will ever have the same invitations we had! The quality of the cards is incredible and the texture of the pressed words makes them even more interesting. You won't be disappointed with your CUSTOM one-of-a-kind invitations made by Blue Canary Letterpress.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Blue Canary Letterpress's reply:

Thank you Courtney! I had so much fun working on your invitations. They turned out as cute as you and Corey are together! I wish you much happiness in your marriage. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!