Blue Box Weddings Reviews

60 | Durham, NC

60 Reviews for Blue Box Weddings

I am so pleased that my husband and I went with Blue Box for our wedding! I've always had a love of wedding photography and Max was amazing I couldn't have asked for anyone better and our pictures turned out great. They had a great music selection with DJ Perrin for our reception afterwards. Even almost a week later I still have friends and family asking how we found such a great company. We didn't have any hassles and our wedding turned out better than imagined.

Ashlee · Married on 03/21/2015

DJ: Ben was our DJ. He contacted me the week before the wedding to go over specific songs and requests, talk about the flow, etc. I really tried to let him do his own thing-didn't want to micromanage-and boy did he. I absolutely believe he was the reason my reception was the most fun I have had in a long time. Everyone danced all night, he did a perfect job choosing a large mix of songs (date and genre) and did a great job directing the flow of the wedding (announcing main events, etc).

Video: I initially only bought this service because my mom told me I would regret not doing it. Now that I have the video I couldn't imagine not having it. Kelly was my videographer, and she is AMAZING. She immediately med me feel very comfortable and while I noticed a video camera I didn't feel like she was overly intrusive. She did a wonderful job editing all of the footage, utilized mics so you can hear our whole ceremony, and caught every single important moment and thing I wanted (without really any detailed instruction).

I was very happy with both services!

Susanne · Married on 01/03/2015

Oh Happy Day! Kelly was an absolute doll and so helpful and she fit right in with the bridal party! I cannot begin to tell you how above and beyond she went on my wedding day! She is truly one in million and I am so thankful I chose Bluebox!! She did an outstanding job and never once left my side! Thank you simply is not enough to tell her what an amazing job she did! All of my family and wedding party raved about her!! I trust her completely editing our wedding video footage! I received the footage of my wedding and absolutely loved it. It was more than I could have imagined. Kelly thank you for going above and beyond and creating something my husband and I can watch for years to come. May God bless your amazing Videography business in 2015!

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Susanne, you are too kind! Thank you so much for being such a joyful and happy bride with such a kind heart. We were thrilled to capture your winter wedding at beautiful Barclay Villa!
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/22/2014

We were extremely pleased with Blue Box wedding photography. They were very affordable and the quality of photos were great, people were surprised with how great of a price they came in at because our photos were amazing. We received our photos back 2 weeks after our wedding and there were 1,000 for our 8 hour wedding.

Sent on 12/21/2014

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your review, Kristen! It was a joy to capture your wedding day memories. Congrats!

Erin · Married on 11/15/2014

I used Blue Box for videography and photobooth. Both were excellent! Our videographer was creative and got every moment without being in the way. She even used one of my taller guests to help her with a shot to make sure she got a cool angle. Kelly was kind, considerate, and creative with her shots and how she conducted herself with our entire group. The photo booth was a huge hit with my guests! They were set up with easy access for my guests. Blue Box was very flexible with my needs for this - I wanted the set up and strips a little different than their normal way and they worked with me on every step. My expectations were met!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Erin, for your response, and we are so pleased that you are so happy with Blue Box's service. We wish you all the best!

Krista · Married on 10/25/2014

Blue Box was a great company to work with right from the beginning. Kristen was so helpful as we began planning the specifics. She was able to answer all of our questions completely. The online planning form was clear and easy to use as we planned for the video. Kelly was our videographer and she was amazing! She was flexible the day of the wedding and fit right in with our family and bridal party. We were able to be ourselves and enjoy our day as she captured every moment. The final products we received were so much more than we could've hoped for. We got a highlight video and a full length DVD. They are a beautiful way to relive our day. Kelly was available and quick to respond before and after the wedding. We requested extra copies for family and Blue Box was helpful and willing to make that happen for us. Even though the wedding is over and we have our video it is obvious they still care about us as customers and people. Our videos are going to be a keepsake forever and I'm so happy we worked with Blue Box.

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you Krista for your kind words! Your wedding day was gorgeous and you two are such a great couple. We appreciate you choosing us to capture your wedding day memories!

Cassandra · Married on 10/18/2014

Blue Box provided the photo booth for our wedding and it was fantastic!! I was able to book them at a bridal show for a discounted rate, but looking back they would have been worth the full price as well. Leading up to the wedding, Kristen was communicative and made certain that we had everything we needed. On the day-of, the booth was nice and the pictures were high quality. They provided all of the props as well, though we could have added our own if we had wanted. Robin ran the booth for us, and she was COMPLETELY wonderful and professional. She made certain to communicate with me and my husband, and she made it a point to get us in the booth. Everything was such a whirlwind, it would have been easy for us to never make it in there! But she gathered "Mr" and "Mrs" signs, wrote "Just married!" and our wedding date on a chalkboard, and made it so that all we had to do was walk in, take our pictures, and walk out-- she was that determined to get us in there. We so appreciated that! Robin also made sure that we got in the booth with our bridesmaids and with our groomsmen. She was so great and I can't say enough about her! Four days after the wedding, I was sent a website where I could download all the images taken in the booth-- we posted them to Facebook for everyone to enjoy. Everyone gushed over the photo booth and how much fun it was, and I would hire them again in a minute or happily suggest them to others looking for a booth. It was an extra special and fun detail for our wedding reception!!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you Cassandra!! We are so glad you are so pleased with our service and that you and your guests enjoyed the Photo Booth! Congrats on your wedding!

Liz · Married on 10/04/2014

Kristen was great to work with, actually everyone I ever talked to there was very helpful with everything. I have a lot of photos to choose from, great deal on the package with the Dj too!

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you Liz! Your wedding was such a joy to be a part of - you are such a lovely couple. We thank you for your business and such a nice review!

Thank you sooo much for everything!

Anna · Married on 05/03/2014

I discovered Blue Box at a wedding show and choosing them to photograph my wedding was one of the best decisions I made during the whole process. We received an engagement session with the photography package we purchased and it was such a pleasure working with David during that session. We did not pick our wedding photographer before the event so I met Chelsea, the wedding photographer, for the first time on my wedding day. She was so easy and fun to work with. While I had sent her a pretty simple shot list ahead of time, Chelsea was able to work with the vibe of the event and create some truly wonderful photographs. I would recommend Blue Box to anyone who wants to just relax on your wedding day and let them capture the moment!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you Anna for your kind words! You and your photos are amazing, and we wish you all the best as you move forward in your marriage!

Eonswaye · Married on 03/08/2014

Blue Box Weddings really is your one stop shop for DJ, Photography, VIdeography, and Lighting. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They answered all of our questions in a timely fashion and made great suggestions. We we very appreciative of their expertise! The staff showed up promptly on the day of our wedding. The photographers were great. They were open to some of my ideas and helped to recreate some pictures that I had seen online. The DJ was great as well! He jumped right in when I needed his help to do the Blurred Lines line dance and it was a lot of fun! I think a great thing was Blue Box's online planner! Talk about helpful!! I highly suggest using Blue Box! It was nice to go to one place and knock out three major things on my list!!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thanks Eonswaye! You are John were such a fun couple to work with, and we love that you chose us to be a part of your wedding day!

Anita · Married on 01/26/2014

Blue Box was wonderful to work with. Kristen was super responsive, even when she was out of the office! I got to meet her and our photographer David at a bridal show; they were professional and very easy to get along with, and fit our personalities, too.

David was excellent, and found a way to get all the pictures we wanted even when we fell behind schedule! He had the perfect balance of some posed shots as well as spontaneous, more natural pictures, and was very flexible with our style. He got along great with our guests, and even helped keep me updated when some issues came up before the ceremony, while I was stuck upstairs in the dressing room!

Overall, working with Blue Box was a pleasure and I couldn't be happier with the pictures we have to commemorate our special day.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review, Anita! We loved capturing your day, and we wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Jordan · Married on 11/02/2013

Blue Box did such a wonderful job capturing our big day!! They were very flexible and willing to help us anyway we needed them to. David and Stafford were amazing! Everyone enjoyed them through out the whole wedding day! They got all the pictures that I wanted and were very flexible with all the craziness. If you ever need anything Kristen and Krys are your go to girls... amazing!!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thanks Jordan! You and Ryan had a beautiful day and we were honored to be a part of it - your First Look photos are our favorite ones to-date!

Sasha · Married on 10/26/2013

This is a long due review, but I feel the need to write it because we totally love Blue Box Weddings! Kristen and David were great to work with and they were so amazing. All the photos and videos turns great! Their price was great and they also gives all photos (not all photographer do this)!

We already recommend them to a friend. She used their service and she was totally happy too! We'll certainly recommend them again in the future.

• Susan

Susan · Married on 08/31/2013

We highly recommend Blue Box for your event! David our photographer was awesome!!!

Sent on 09/05/2013

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thanks Susan! Your vow renewal was so inspiring and full of love!

Keila · Married on 08/17/2013

They were absolutely wonderful to work with! They provided the photography and videography for our wedding. Kristen was always very fast at replying my emails and was really good at calming me down as I started to turn into a Bridezilla!! Our engagement pictures were fun and creative, David is very laid back and fun to work with.

Robert, our videography guy was quiet, yet, very friendly and professional!! The day of my wedding, David was making me laugh and a few days later, I learned that he was welcoming my guests and even making jokes to members of my family to calm them down. They all loved him and he was everywhere throughout the reception captioning all the memories.

I cannot wait to see our wedding pictures and video!! I would recommend them 100%. I without a doubt would hire them again! If you are having a hard time finding photography that's affordable yet reliable for your special event... Go with them! You won't regret it!!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thanks Keila! Your day was perfect even with the rain : ) And your Mariachi band was really cool!

We used Blue Box for our DJ at our wedding. Kristen was so helpful with everything along the way and very quick to respond to emails. David was our DJ for the day and everything was perfect. I am very happy with our choice and I would like to say thank you for making our day even more special!! :)

The team at Blue Box did my photography for my wedding and did a photobooth! David was AMAZING! He was by far the greatest photographer we could have asked for! We didn't even get our pictures back yet, but I know they will be awesome! He was very calm and made everyone feel at ease during pictures.
    Everyone loved the photobooth and had a great time with all of the fun items they had to take pictures with!
    I can't wait to see my pictures!

Wedding was an absolute grand slam! Kristen, Max, and the rest of the Blue Box team worked deligently to foster a memorable, happy, environment. Video & photagraphy was amazing! Not to mention, DJ Perrin set the mood, and kept the tunes coming all night. I couldn't have been more pleased!!!

Mandy · Married on 06/28/2013

If you're a go-getter, but you REALLY want to NOT become Bridezilla, get Blue Box on your team! I can't even express the amount of stress taken AWAY from my plate with the help of Kristen, their consultant. She just KNEW exactly what we wanted, and she worked to schedule David for some amazing photographs, and Travis to DJ our reception. With my country-girl roots and my husband's city upbringing, David meshed our two backgrounds perfectly to create artistic, memorable pics. And with my husband's and my eclectic taste in music, Travis had it covered, and had EVERYONE dancing and having fun! The photo booth, though, was my fave! It just adds an element of whimsy to the reception, and I just love having all my friends and family together, so what better way to commemorate than having them get silly in a photo booth? So awesome! I may even go for Husband #2 JUST so I can use Blue Box again!!! Just kidding, husband...BUT we will definitely be trying to use them for anniversary parties!!!!!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2013

I met David at a wedding show and I felt like we instantly hit it off and I loved his style of photography (and the price) so booking him was a no-brainer! David did a wonderful job taking pictures of our special day! We also had David take our engagement pictures and that was definitely one of our favorite memories throughout the wedding planning process! My husband doesn't particularly like to have his picture taken so I was worried before our engagement session but David had us laughing and we just felt completely comfortable! We had a blast!!! Not only does David have an awesome, fun-loving personality but he took beautiful pictures of our wedding and I couldn't be happier! Kristen is also a sweetheart and was so helpful throughout the whole process! She was always happy to help answer all of our questions and it was a joy to work with her and everyone at Blue Box Weddings. I would absolutely recommend Blue Box Weddings to future brides. I can't thank them enough for the fantastic memories and pictures!! -Amanda

Sent on 07/11/2013

Blue Box Weddings's reply:

Thanks Amanda! You and your mom were such a joy to help plan with! We wish you and Nathan the best!

Bethany · Married on 06/15/2013

My (then) fiance and I moved to the Durham area about a year ago so I was very nervous about finding the right photographer and the right reception crew. We don't know too many people here so we didn't have the resources of friends' or family recommendations... Thank God I found Blue Box while looking around at prices online. I called for a quote and Kristen was so extremely kind and really listened to what we were looking for. Bundling the photography, filming and DJing was a huge relief (versus keeping up with 3 separate companies, payments, etc.) We didn't want just your average, cookie-cutter reception either so we were EXTREMELY pleased to find one that offered us a Photo Booth AND a light show. Needless to say... we partied hard after the ceremony. DJ Perrin was absolutely amazing. He has the kind of personality that makes people WANT to go on the dance floor... not be dragged. I cannot brag on him enough!

Our friends and family had a ball with the photo booth... and it really gave our families a chance to relax and be silly together once all the stress from the wedding was over. I cannot wait to see all the amazing pictures David took. He didn't a miss thing but was never in the way. Everyone at Blue Box were so easy to work worth and it was an absolute pleasure doing business with them!

Julia · Married on 06/14/2013

I am thoroughly pleased with the services Blue Box Weddings provided on my wedding day. I was especially happy with the music from DJ Perrin. I briefly considered hiring a band, but they are very expensive and tend to clutter up the area with equipment. Plus they are limited in their music selections. With thousands of digital music selections available, the DJ played songs familiar to my Great Grandmother as well as for the little flower girl! Everybody was happy with the music.

I can't say enough great things about the photo booth. I had not thought of having one until Kristen (the wedding consultant) explained that they were all the rage and loads of fun for the guests. She was absolutely right! People had a wonderful time with the photo booth which made the occasion even more memorable!

Finally, David the photographer seemed to be everywhere taking candid photos of the events as they happened. The Wedding Album is sure to be a complete pictorial record of my wedding day, and I couldn't ask for more than that! I will recommend Blue Box Wedding services to everyone I know who is getting married!

Tyesha · Married on 06/02/2013

David was an amazing photographer, the pictures came out absolutely gorgeous! I couldn't imagine them looking any better. He captured those moments that will last you a lifetime. The entire groups demeanor was professional throughout the entire wedding. Kristen (the consultant) was the biggest help throughout the entire process! She's such a sweetheart and I absolutely enjoyed working with her. Without her, there's no telling what the day would've ended up like! DJ Travis played the best music throughout the entire event. The music selection was very fitting and appropriate; it was a hit with everyone at the reception. I just can't stress how pleased I was with this extremely professional group!

Natalie · Married on 06/02/2013

I couldn't have been more pleased! Blue Box did a fantastic job catering to my wedding needs (a daunting task). The photographer, David, did a great job keeping up with us and I can't wait to see the results. I know my wedding was recorded beautifully and my family and I will be able to look back on the occasion fondly (and with ease) in years/generations to come. Everyone LOVED the photo booth and it was a great interactive service/entertainment for all of my guests. I would absolutely recommend this company to my engaged friends/family/coworkers, and to you!