BLOOM FLORISTRY AND SPECIAL EVENT PLANNING Reviews

30 | Buffalo, NY

30 Reviews for BLOOM FLORISTRY AND SPECIAL EVENT PLANNING

Cristin · Married on 09/09/2018

Dan and Kevin were a joy to work with!! They really seemed to grasp my vision for flowers and made gorgeous bouquets that stayed within my price range. They were incredibly affordable. After a consultation, a color swatch and some reference pictures they just seemed to create magic. My flowers were absolutely perfect!

Dan and Kevin hand delivered the flowers themselves! My bridesmaids’ bouquets were all in water vases, my bridal bouquet was freshly misted and well packaged. Each corsage and boutineer were individually packaged and labeled, as well as freshly misted. My bouquet looked beautiful for a few days after the ceremony and the flowers were of excellent quality. Huge fresh roses and not a wilted petal in sight!!

They did such a good job I almost wish I had gotten them to make centerpieces for my wedding as well.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Angie · Married on 04/01/2017

I was disappointed when I heard Orlando left Bloom, after-all I did start the wedding planning with him and he fully grasped my vision. Upon receiving a letter from the owner about his departure I immediately thought now what!. I met with Dan and he recorded every detail and I met another man who was making the most amazing restaurant centerpiece I have ever seen. So, this all put my mind to ease. I will have to tell you, my flowers were unbelievable. Far better than I expected. The bouquets, the boutonnières, the corsages....one better than the next! When I saw the reception space and the table centerpieces, I actually cried. EVERY Table had exactly what I wanted. Cascading flowers, greens, hydrangea, and so much more. Every candlestick and lantern was placed exactly as I diagrammed. THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL WAS BEYOND WHAT I EXPECTED. Every person I encountered at Bloom after Orlando was professional, kind, and more than accommodating. I admit was was nervous at first because Orland has such a great reputation. But I know I couldn't have done better than the manager Dan and all his staff. I had the wedding of my dreams and will highly recommend dan and Bloom Floristry to anyone.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Brittany · Married on 10/15/2016

I worked with Orlando on my wedding. I told him I wanted Great Gastby and he made it come to life. From gorgeous linens to the most incredible bouquet and everything in between, I had the most amazing wedding.

Orlando made my ceremony space more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. From the rose petals in the aisle way to the backdrop for my ceremony, I was in love from the minute I saw it. I even had a customized wagon to pull my baby in that Orlando painted and matched to my theme. Everything was just perfect!

Orlando made the most beautiful center pieces with feathers and chandeliers. It looked incredible and I couldn't have asked for more. The linens were stunning and my sweetheart table was absolutely beautiful. His attention to detail extended to the cocktail area with lamps and ivory roses dipped in gold glitter. It was so gorgeous! My place card table was just as beautiful. I loved everything about my ceremony and reception space.

If you are looking for someone who can make your vision come to life, go with Bloom Floristry. Orlando will make your day amazing and you just get to enjoy it. You won't regret it!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Ann Marie · Married on 09/18/2016

Orlando is the best! He makes you feel comfortable and helps every step of the way! Our flowers were beautiful for our wedding shower and amazing for our wedding day! Thank you so much for making it special for us!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Alyssa · Married on 07/16/2016

BLOOM did an amazing job on my flowers and decor.
    I worked with Orlando and he was wonderful! He tailored to my wants, and gave plenty of insight on ideas he had.
    The bouquets, centerpieces, and decor worked so well with each other and everything was absoulutely beautiful the day of the event!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Melanie · Married on 09/12/2015

Hands down the BEST wedding vendor in Buffalo. My husband and I are originally from Buffalo but now we live in Los Angeles, and we wanted something unique and “over the top” for our special day. We noticed his booth stood out among the crowd at a wedding show and after talking with him, we knew we couldn’t work with anyone else.

Orlando’s work took our breath away at the shower (Coco Bistro), rehearsal dinner (Osteria 166), wedding ceremony (Our Lady of Victory Basilica), and reception (Shea’s). Each time we walked into a room designed by Orlando, it was like opening up a wedding magazine. Everything was always perfect and so unique! Orlando is very creative and does a great job of listening to what the client wants and taking that to a new level. This is not your cookie cutter florist and designer! If you work with Orlando, let him suggest new things and play around with your ideas; you will not be disappointed in the result.

We had our reception at Shea’s, and several vendors told us that it was the most beautiful Shea’s reception they have ever been to. The flowers and design were just gorgeous. When I saw the stage for the first time, I understood what having the “wedding of your dreams” is supposed to feel like. Orlando also did an incredible job with the decor in the lobby for cocktail hour. We had a very unique vision and Orlando brought this to life with little touches that spoke to who we are and our diverse interests.

Perhaps most importantly, because Orlando does both flowers and design, working with him is like having a built-in wedding planner. He knows everything, and what he doesn't’ know he will find out. It was so comforting to work with someone like this and know that I didn’t have to worry, that everything would turn out wonderful.

I loved working with Orlando so much and now that the wedding is over, I feel sad that I can no longer call him up to brainstorm ideas! I can't wait for an excuse to plan another event with him!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Orlando, the creative director, did an absolute breathtaking job decorating my reception space. With little input from myself, he was able to understand exactly what I wanted when I couldn't really explain what I wanted. The bouquets were the simple and classic. The boutonnieres were a simple and masculine. The centerpieces were made with my input of colors, favorite flowers, and vases, but he created the arrangements. Orlando also set up my donut dessert display which was spectacular. The donuts were displayed in a whimsical way, enhanced with pops of fresh flowers, and guests were blown away. I literally met with Orlando for about an hour, shared my ideas, and put my trust in him. I knew whatever him and his team would do, would be better than what I had in my mind. It was a relief that I could trust and count on my florist to make my venue even more beautiful. He knows what he is doing, is good at what he does, and has great style, so you can never go wrong with Bloom!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Abigail · Married on 07/24/2015

Orlando is AMAZING. My wedding would not have been as beautiful as it was without him! He was there for us for whatever we needed, whenever we asked. There were ideas we had for how we wanted things to be set up, and had a few questions for him, and he knew exactly what we needed for the final touch! I cannot say enough good things about him! We got so many compliments on our flowers, and I am still enjoying them! If you choose to go with Bloom's for your wedding flowers, you will NOT be disappointed! It is well worth the money!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Shannon · Married on 03/28/2015

Orlando was great to work with. He saw my vision and helped bring it life. The prices were very reasonable, delivery was on time, and they were very easy to contact every time there was a question.

I truly got excited when I saw our decor. He hit the nail head on and I was floored. The most beautiful room I have ever seen!

Bloom is a must.

Sent on 03/31/2015

My wedding was a unique venue and I needed a team that could understand what I needed and wanted. They exceeded my expectations by a thousand percent. I would recommend this team to anyone.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Melissa · Married on 06/07/2014

My now husband and I walked into Bloom with a few pictures from Pinterest and a list of what we did not want. We had no clue of what we did want, but after speaking with us for a couple of minutes Orlando and Ashley pointed us in the right direction with a lot of unique ideas we would have never thought of! We threw a lot of things at them (we'd like a fire pit/lounge area outside, and a cigar bar, and something other than flowers for centerpieces please) and they came right back at us with ways to make it happen. Orlando seemed genuinely excited to help us do something out of the box, which made the planning that much more fun!

The day of the wedding my flowers were delivered to where I was getting ready, and my groomsmen received theirs at the church. When my dad and I walked out of the limo to enter the church, there were two people from Bloom waiting there to fluff my dress and straighten out my dad's boutonnière... (they even found a string on his tux they took care of!). They made sure I looked beautiful before I walked down the aisle.

At the reception, Bloom helped my venue set up everything, right down to creating an amazing donut display station for my desserts! Everything looked fantastic and I didn't have to do a thing!

I would definitely recommend Bloom... especially if you need some guidance in the area of flowers and decor!

Sent on 06/24/2014

To say that Bloom made our dream wedding come to life is an understatement. When we first consulted with Orlando and described our vision, he instantly saw what we were envisioning. When we saw our bouquets and the venue, we were amazed! It was BETTER than we had ever hoped! Our guests thought they were at a movie wedding and our photographer couldn't take enough pictures or stop commenting on how well the flowers were coming out on film.

Bloom was very responsive to our needs. They worked with us to stay within our tight budget and went above and beyond to find the flowers that we desired. When a flower we wanted was out of season, Orlando and Ashley used their knowledge and experience to find a replacement flower that we loved. The service was incredible! A part of us wished We could get married again so that we can witness another stellar job done by Bloom!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Orlando and his team were outstanding. the hall experience was great from the day I walked into the shop to my wedding day. they created the most unique beautiful wedding I could have ever imagined it was everything I ever dreamed of. I highly recommend bloom floristry

Sent on 05/24/2014
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/23/2013

Brides- feeling confused about flowers and looking for some guidance? I was. Go to Orlando at Bloom, spend 5 minutes with him, give him some vague ideas and I guarantee you by the time you are done Orlando will have crafted flowers, decorations, whatever you need, that is in perfect alignment with the wedding of your dreams. At least, that is exactly what he did for me.

When we went to see Orlando, I gave him a couple ideas. He made suggestions and gave me ideas, and even was good enough to just tell me when I had a bad idea (as a non-creative person, I was very grateful for his honesty and the fact that he prevented me from doing something terrible). Great, great guy.

We did not get flower centerpieces, but Orlando helped us out anyway, offering to set up our candle centerpieces at a very reasonable price for us. I handed him all my stuff a week beforehand, feeling very unsure about how it would all work out. When I saw what he had done with my supplies, I couldn't believe how wonderful it all looked. He is a design genius.

It doesn't end there. When I arrived at the church for my ceremony, a woman I had never met came up to me and introduced herself as "Nancy from Bloom." My first thought was "oh no, why is she here, something must be wrong." Imagine my surprise and happiness when she told me she was just there to see if she could make my day go any easier. She helped me with my blusher and got my veil and dress all ready to walk down the aisle after my Maid of Honor had already started her walk. It was very comforting to have her there at that moment, and totally unexpected. That is just the type of vendor you are getting when you hire Bloom.

There are lots of florists in Buffalo, but Bloom is the best, no question. Hire Bloom, you will be very, very glad you did.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Bloom florist did my son's wedding. I can't say enough good things about Orlando and his team. The wedding flowers were beautiful. My daughter- in-law had some ideas of what she wanted and Orlando continued her thoughts right through the centerpieces. She was looking for antique elegance and he came up with silver tea service with hydrangea s and roses with strings of little pearls going through it. It was just beautiful. Weddings are full details and paying attention to all the details isn't easy, but Bloom did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/16/2014

A family member of mine told me about Orlando at Bloom Floristry. I was very impressed with our first meeting! Being stressed with the planning, Orlando assured me that my day was going to be perfect. I brought examples of colors, flowers and other ideas I had in mind. He provided great input and guidance on what was going to work and what wasn't. I met with Orlando three times before the wedding. We bounced ideas off each other about the ceremony, where our pictures should be, and the reception. Every time we met he was very patience and never rush through the appointment. We had our reception at Salvator's with 340 people attending. Our friends and family raved about the flowers! Orlando didn’t skip any details when it came to the centerpieces, my boutique or the bridesmaids’ flowers. The unity candle and the flowers on the cake were flawless as well. He transformed my dream wedding into a reality. I would recommend Orlando to any one that is planning a wedding or any major event.

Sent on 12/19/2013

We worked with Orlando for our special day and we couldn't be happier with the results. He is so talented and creative- he was easy to work with, and confident that he could WOW the entire room (which he quite literally did). It was especially helpful that he was there each step of the way, giving us advice about other vendors and what to ask for at our venue that we didn't think to ask. He was also there all day with us as a contact person for other vendors, making sure everything was just perfect. Thank you SO much, Orlando!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Orlando and his staff at Bloom were absolutely wonderful!! His vision and talent are out of this world. The flowers and decor he brought to our wedding, made it truly feel like a fairy tale. When I first met with Orlando, I had only vague ideas of what I wanted- he listened to my vision and helped me create a classic, beautiful, romantic, elegant, and high-end celebration at a reasonable price. Our guests were in awe of how beautiful everything was. I am so glad I chose Bloom as our florist and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/09/2013
  • Brenda

Brenda · Married on 10/15/2011

Sent on 12/08/2011

erica · Married on 08/12/2011

I recently got married and my amazing florist was BLOOM. I had the most fabulous reception at Pearl Street Grill and Brewery in downtown Buffalo NY, and I owe the beauty of the reception to BLOOM as well. I cannot say enough wonderful things about BLOOM and Orlando, the creative director, himself who personally walked me through every step of the way. Planning a wedding can be very overwhelming, but Orlando helped to make the process fun and exciting. It was a joy to work with him. On my actual wedding day, I was BLOWN AWAY by the BEAUTY of the reception site. Pearl Street has pictures of my wedding reception on their website because it really was that beautiful!!!! J Bloom went above and beyond all my expectations and made all my wedding dreams come true. I would highly recommend them to my closest friends and family and have done so. Another thing I absolutely loved about Bloom is that it is a one-stop shop. You can get you flowers, rent draperies and linens, lounging sofas, chandeliers, décor to match your theme, anything…. You name it- they can get it for you. On top of that, Orlando came to my church to make sure that the flowers and bouquets looked perfect and the boys had pinned their flowers properly, and to make sure that my dress was fluffed and my hair was right and my flowers perfect right before I walked down the aisle. What a dream!!!!! BEST DAY OF MY LIFE J Bloom is a GEM in Buffalo!

Sent on 12/13/2012

Candace · Married on 06/18/2011

Absolutely and utterly fantastic! Orlando is so creative and takes an idea and turns it into a masterpiece. I've been to many, many weddings and can honestly say his arrangements and decorations were the most incredible I've ever seen. I had at least 30 guests ask for his card and say it was the most spectacular decor they had ever seen.

In addition to making fantastic florals, Orlando is well-organized and listens attentively so he can translate a hint of an idea into just what you always wanted. He returns phone calls promptly and never leaves you dangling. The added bonus is that Orlando is such a nice and supportive guy-he really cares about his clients and wants a bride and her family to have just what they want and more.

Our venue was a disappointment and difficult to work with-our wedding experience would have been unhappy without Orlando and his kindness and attention to detail. He made a candy display that was so clever and eye-catching that our guests gasped when they saw it.He always seemed to go above and beyond-surprised the bridesmaids with glittery little hair ornaments and a charm on their bouquets.

I can't say enough good things about Bloom and feel it was my lucky day when I found Orlando and his terrific staff.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Mckenzie · Married on 08/13/2011

Bloom Floristry is great. I walked in with a couple of pictures and ideas of how I wanted my flowers and tables to look and I walked out with so much more. I would have never been able to dream up the ideas that Orlando came up with. The Bloom team truly transformed a backyard into a beautiful venue for a wedding. People are still talking about the flowers and table arrangements.

Sent on 09/09/2011
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 09/10/2011

The flowers were beautiful and just what I asked for. There were some glitches with the reception centerpieces but they were fixed beautifully

Sent on 10/20/2011
  • nancy

nancy · Married on 09/27/2015

They provided us with a rental card box. They made a sign and I added an extra floral bouquet for the top. They dropped it off and picked it up for us so I didn't have to worry about it. It was great!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2011

4.2
      3.5

Our flowers were beautiful and exactly what we wanted. Orlando was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 01/13/2012