Blomma Designs Reviews

23 | Anchorage, AK

23 Reviews for Blomma Designs

Kathleen · Married on 07/22/2017

I could not have planned my destination wedding without Erin's help! Her creative ideas were much appreciated and even constructed a donut wall for my wedding, which was a hit among guests. If you want an original event that is tailored to your taste and vision I definitely recommend Blomma Designs!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Blomma Designs's reply:

Thank you so much Kathleen! Both you and Travis were just the nicest couple to work with and we appreciated being able to help you have a wonderful wedding day. The donut wall was so much fun for everyone! We cannot thank you enough!

Anna · Married on 05/13/2017

Blomma was wonderful. She helped us formulate the artistic vision and theme for our wedding based on our values and priorities for the big day. Her list of great vendors was an awesome resource to help us find a totally pro group of local business owners to bring our wedding day together. She even created some hangings and backdrops for us that really made the venue special for us. We had to make a lot of decisions in the planning phases but everything turned out amazingly beautiful and went off without a hitch (as far as I know!). She even had our anxiety nightmares for us; We didn't have to worry about a thing in the weeks leading up to the wedding. I would recommend her without reservations.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Susan · Married on 04/22/2017

We had the best experience working with Blomma Designs. Our wedding was a huge success. Erin is very organized, creative, and makes you feel like you are the only bride with whom she is working.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Courtney · Married on 12/21/2016

Blomma Designs is absolutely the best! Erin was with us every step of the way and she made planning a wedding enjoyable :) Her creativeness allowed us to have our dream wedding! Thank you so much Erin!! If you choose Blomma Designs for your wedding, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/20/2017

James · Married on 12/21/2016

Erin and Matt from Blomma Designs are worth every penny spent. They made our daughter's wedding a flawless, wonderful event at the Hotel Alyeska that wouldn't have been possible without their expertise. We came to them with a few vague ideas and they were able to come up with a unique and beautiful "Steampunk" themed event that included antique, vintage, and industrial motifs combined ingeniously into an intimate, wonderful atmosphere. We received so many comments from our guests saying that they had never seen anything like it before, and they loved it!
    While this may not be your taste in wedding themes, Blomma Designs is so creative, flexible and easy to work with that they will be able to help anyone design their dream wedding. They also are well acquainted with many other wedding pros (photographers, DJ's, florists, prop rentals, photo booths etc.) and were a lifesaver in steering us towards the best choices. If you want to make your wedding planning experience as low pressure and worry free as possible then call on Blomma Designs and get ready to enjoy a wonderful event in your life!

Jim and Mary Julien

Sent on 01/20/2017

Blomma Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Mary and Jim! We were so honored to get to be a part of the whole process and we had so much fun getting to know everyone involved. What a great celebration it was!

Tom · Married on 11/12/2016

My wife and I were wed in November, 2016. We hired Erin and Matt, aka Blomma Designs, as our wedding planners. From the very first meeting they felt like close friends and were always easy to work with. We felt comfortable expressing all of our concerns and crazy ideas throughout the entire process; nothing baffled these two. Our wedding was in Indian, Alaska, at the Forget-Me-Knot Nursery. This is a bare-bone venue, requiring us to provide catering, entertainment, all the tables and chairs, etc... Erin recommended great vendors and coordinated all the delivery and setup details with ease.

The greatest element of Erin and Matt’s work is their amazing knack for design. During several planning sessions, we shared our vision and they would build upon it with awesome ideas and concepts. The day before our wedding, a cold, empty greenhouse was transformed into a warm, enchanting venue for love to be shared. Edison bulbs hung from the rafters with dense greenery, flickering candles were scattered and greens flowed across the giant table. Bouquets and boutonnieres were breathtaking with flawless details. Everything was perfect.

Planning the most beautiful day of your life will be fun, stressful and overwhelming; it’s all part of the process. Blomma Designs navigated us through all the high and lows of the experience with excellence.

When the day comes, it will be perfect.

Sent on 12/31/2016
  • MrsHulet

Desiree · Married on 09/06/2016

Erin was amazing! We traveled from Oklahoma to Alaska for our elopement and the day would not have gone anywhere NEAR as incredibly without her. She was quick to respond upon first inquiring and was so helpful from the start. She was easy to keep in contact with even from 3000 miles away. Any questions I had for her or even just a quick opinion was always answered promptly and genuinely. We started from scratch and she created exactly what I had imagined our wedding day to be.

Her planning was personalized in every which way and she is the sweetest person to work with. Locally or long distance, she is worth any and everything and is incredible at what she does! So thankful for Erin!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Jordan · Married on 06/18/2016

I highly recommend Blomma Designs to any engaged couple considering a wedding planner. I worked with Erin to create a custom wedding planner and event design package. With Erin's help I was able to really enjoy the planning process. From the very beginning she listened and understood my vision for our Alaska wedding and never lost site of the vision along the way. She maintained a high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and was always available with prompt responses to all my questions the months leading to the big day. She communicated with my vendors every step of the way and created a wedding day timeline that led to a super smooth wedding day that still flowed naturally. My husband and I, as well as my parents and the wedding party were all able to really take it all in during the wedding and thoroughly enjoy that special day without one bit of worry toward day-of details, set up, or take down of the event. Our wedding design was executed perfectly and was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thank you, Blomma Designs! We couldn't be happier with your services!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Blomma Designs's reply:

Thank you so much! I had such a wonderful time getting to know you over the last year and we are so thankful you allowed us to be a part of your adventure in Alaska!

Jordan · Married on 06/04/2016

Erin was very helpful, positive, proactive and organized. My wedding would not have been as beautiful, smooth and stressless if it were not for her and her team. She worked hard to achieve my wedding vision and my mom and I would have been lost without her.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

Erin with Blooma Designs was absolutely amazing! She took my collection of ideas and made my wedding the most amazing event. Her creativity and insight took mine and my husbands special day to a level we never could have imagined. Through the whole planning process she guided and advised me. On the big day I had not an ounce of stress! I would highly recommend Blooma Designs! She will make your day truly the most magical day of your life!!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Emily · Married on 08/17/2015

If I could only give 1 piece of advice to any bride it would be, get a REAL, professional wedding planner! And specifically, get Erin as your wedding planner!

I worked with Erin for just over a year and I don't know what I would have done without her! She is flexible, able to meet at different places that work for you at all different times of the day. She's prompt on returning your phone calls, texts, and emails. When you're planning a big event you need several different vendors to make it all come together and not all vendors play nicely with others, or even with you! Erin is exceptionally good at dealing with all different types of personality types. She deescalates already tense situations and she's great at helping you gain different perspective if you're frustrated, whether it be with a vendor or even with a family member! Because of Erin’s professional advice and help we were able to enjoy the entire experience of planning a wedding and NOT be stressed about it.

When our wedding week arrived I was so confident and comfortable with Erin taking care of the day of collaboration. I enjoyed and trusted Erin so much because she's real, she doesn't tell you what you want to hear, or what you expect to hear, but what you need to hear. My wedding went off without a hitch, at least to my knowledge, and that's how it's supposed to be! Erin worked through the adverse weather conditions with us and worked so hard the day of to make sure our decorations got put up. Everything looked amazing. We had several compliments from our guests and even some vendors about how great our venue looked and how FUN our wedding was!

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and all of our friends and family that came to celebrate with us. Matt & Erin make a great team and great friends and they're FUN. 5 stars isn't enough for Blomma Designs!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Debbie · Married on 08/08/2015

I was so excited to have some one creative and talented to help me plan and execute the perfect wedding. Blomma Designs catered to my individualized ideas and made them even more beautiful than I could've imagined. I had a lot of little details and they made sure all of them were showcased perfectly. If I had to go through the whole thing again, I wouldn't change a thing. I will be recommending Blomma Designs to everyone I know planning a special event. There is no other planner I would trust more for such an important event. My wedding was amazing, and I couldn't have done it without the help of Erin, with Blomma Designs!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/26/2015

Erin and Matt Velander of Blomma Designs took on the challenge of coordinating, designing, and beautifully executing our wedding weekend this summer (rehearsal dinner design, full wedding day design, brunch). Sam and I cannot say enough about Blomma Designs as we feel completely indebted to them for the total perfection that was our wedding weekend. Erin is a visionary genius, and her excellent listening skills, total genuineness, and perfectionistic nature make her the best wedding planner in the world. She corresponded with us practically daily leading up to the wedding and was able to actualize my dreams in a way that astonished the entire wedding party. Her ability to arrange beautiful tablescapes, understand space, and make every nook and cranny beautiful is astounding. Her husband, Matt, even handcrafted a beautiful 5x12 wooden table for our event-- and made Sam custom corn hole boards for the occasion that were beautiful and enjoyed by all. They are up to any challenge and enjoy personalizing all aspects of your wedding to make it one of a kind. Beyond her unparalleled talent, Erin (and Matt) is incredibly kind, down to earth, and funny. This results in a feeling that you are working with your best friend on your wedding and not some distant business woman. Sam and I had never been to Alaska-- and therefore heavily relied on Erin for choices of vendors (cake, photographer, tent, make up, flowers). And I will tell you-- her recommendations were fantastic and the whole wedding went seamlessly. The best part of the wedding weekend was that none of us had to do anything (except kick back, relax, and enjoy Alaska's wonders). Erin and Matt had it under control and always remained cool, calm, and collected. You cannot go wrong with Blomma Designs. If you want a state of the art wedding, contact Erin and you're sure to be not only satisfied but totally blown out of this world!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Sam · Married on 07/25/2015

Erin was instrumental to our wedding. From the second we contacted her, we knew we were in good hands. She was attentive and responsive, and it was evident she was very experienced and took great pride in her work. For over a year, she corresponded with my wife to perfect every detail. Her husband even hand crafted an amazing farm table for us, the outcome of which was truly incredible. We were impressed w Blomma Designs and will always be indebted to Erin for her generosity, creativity and expertise.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Erin at Blomma Designs is absolutely amazing. She has a relaxed attitude which just brings this sense of calmness when you are freaking out about the little things. She is very good at keeping track of all the details. She understands what you want and can help tweak it if you are open to making it better (because her ideas are probably better), or if you want it exactly one way, she will help it happen. She makes you feel like you are the only bride that she is dealing with. I really cannot tell you just how happy I was with her. You should definitely book her. She is amazing. And her prices are also very good for what you are getting.

Sent on 10/22/2015
  • F

Fran · Married on 06/20/2015

Before you buy wedding magazines, before you look for a venue, before you find a photographer, book Erin Velander at Blooma Designs. Your wedding planning and your wedding day will go much smoother with Erin! She is an amazing wedding planner! She is knowledgable about everything you need to plan your wedding in Anchorage and the surrounding areas! From venues to caterers, from photographers to dj's, she can help you decide on the vendors that will be right for you and your special day! Her ideas and designs made the wedding amazing! She is hard working and dependable. When Erin helps you plan a wedding, you won't have to worry about every little detail...Erin does that for you! I couldn't imagine planning a wedding without her!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2015

I CANNOT imagine having planned my wedding without Erin Velander from Blomma Designs, she is absolutely amazing! I had no idea what details were required for a wedding and am so glad I had Erin to help me with mine. Erin is down to earth, easy to talk to, full of ideas, creative and realistic. Throughout the whole process, Erin was positive and was a constant reminder that everything would work out great.

During the week of our wedding, there was a huge wildfire (Sockeye Fire) near our venue so we had to relocate. Since our wedding was during Alaska's solstice weekend, most venues were booked so we had to get creative with our ideas. Erin was in constant communication with the venue's management regarding the conditions of the fire and discussing other possible locations. Luckily, they had another location clear of any fire dangers, which turned out to be beautiful and might have even provided better accommodations for our wedding.

The day of our wedding went extremely smooth. Erin coordinated with all of the vendors so we were able to enjoy the morning of our wedding with our friends and family. My wedding party and I spent the morning getting pampered and toasting to mimosas while the groom and his men enjoyed some "guy" time.

The decorations at our wedding were perfect. I met with Erin a couple times and we communicated through phone several times regarding my vision. Erin is definitely a great listener because the decorations and set-up at our wedding were exactly what I wanted.

I definitely recommend Erin, brides won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Abigail · Married on 04/26/2015

Erin was absolutely amazing. From the first email, I found her professional, trustworthy, efficient and a pleasure to deal with. She is a genuinely good person as well as a good businesswoman. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to do business with someone I can relax with and enjoy, knowing that I have placed my wishes and directions into capable hands. Erin consistently went above and beyond. On my wedding day, I literally thought of nothing but getting dressed and showing up on time. I had no need to fret or fuss about absolutely anything. Our guests had a great time and enjoyed our beautiful venue which Erin and our florist expertly set up and decorated. She masterfully directed on the day-of without seeming to be a director. She is amazing and very experienced. Surely the best choice in Anchorage, if not all of Alaska. CALL ERIN.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2014

Working with Erin was wonderful. I wanted to hire an event planner to help with the final plans for our wedding but then became very nervous about losing control of the overall style and experience. Erin put me at ease right away and created an event that was exactly what we were looking for. The days leading up to the wedding, rather than stressing over the final details, schedule and contacting vendors, I was able to enjoy time with my family and friends. I would recommend Blomma Designs to any one looking for a wedding/event planner.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Juanita · Married on 07/27/2014

Erin at Blooma designs is not only fabulous at what she does but she truly listens to your vision. She exceeded our expectations with our event and we are forever greatful to have had her throughout our wedding planning. I would highly recommend this company!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Blomma Designs's reply:

Juanita - we enjoyed every minute of working with you and Cella! Your wedding had so much energy and creativity we won't ever forget how much fun it was. Thank you for entrusting us with such an important task in planning your wedding!
  • User5207531 · 2+ years ago

My wedding was a dream come true and way better than I could have imagined. Erin with Blomma designs made the whole process stress free and a blast. She was so creative, fun, and professional. We couldn't have done it without her. I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Lindsey · Married on 06/21/2014

Erin was amazing to work with and helped us have a wedding more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. She was extremely reasonable and probably saved me more money than her services cost. She is very professional and extremely reliable.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Blomma Designs's reply:

Thank you Lindsey! It was such a pleasure getting to know you, Reid and both of your families. We had such a great time working with all of you!

Caleb · Married on 04/22/2017

Erin did a great job. Her network of vendors definitely cut thru the BS and let us get things done. The event went smoothly and on time. I felt that I didn't need to worry about much once we had the venue selected and food figured out. She caught an issue with the quote for the food/venue and made sure that we had the clarity from the vendor to really understand the pricing that they extended to us. This helped us to stay on our food budget.

Sent on 09/09/2017