Blissful Events Reviews

20 Reviews for Blissful Events

• Meredith

Meredith · Married on 08/11/2018

Event Planner For Block Island Wedding

Brandi helped us find vendors for our Block Island wedding, she was able to recommend on and off island vendors, which made my life a lot easier. On the day of, she helped us make sure everything was smooth. She has a lot of knowledge about Block Island weddings.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Megan · Married on 09/17/2016

My wedding was September 17th 2016. Brandi is SO amazing! I can't say enough good things about her. It was the best decision I ever made to hire her- reasonably priced, extremely helpful, and a life saver the days before and day of wedding!
    I did the month of/day of service, which was perfect for me, as I had done all the upfront planning and designing. She was so helpful though- even before her allotted time she was so great to answers some questions I had. She recommended our amazing band, which everyone loved! Super helpful, since I am not from the Rhode Island area. I also did the gift bag service through her, which was great as we worked together on the pieces inside, and she coordinated, assembled, and delivered them for me. The guests loved them.
    She helped out big time on the days leading up to the wedding- picking up things from me for the vendors, etc. and the day of, we had limited transportation, so she pitched in herself to help drive us where we needed to be for a pre photo shoot, as well as driving me to the wedding! She solved any big issues, and made sure things worked seamlessly that I could never have coordinated under that stress and in my big dress- haha!
    She is so nice, smart and helpful- exactly what you want in a wedding planner.
    She also helped to gather everything that belonged to me after the wedding, and drop it off to my hotel!
    I could not have done it without Brandi- she is truly special!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Christina · Married on 09/07/2015

Hiring Brandi from Blissful Events was the best money my husband and I spent for our wedding! I really thought I could handle all my own planning. I became extremely overwhelmed and wasn't enjoying my engagement. Trying to work full time AND plan a wedding is impossible, especially from 3 states away! Never fear, Brandi is here! From the first time I contacted Brandi, she's impressed me again & again with how organized, knowledgeable, patient and friendly she is. The first time we met, she showed us examples of detailed timelines, venue layouts and vendor contact lists. It was clear she knew what she was doing and we wouldn't have to worry about things falling through the cracks. It's was so evident that she LOVES what she does and loves working with couples. That was the kind of person we wanted to be apart of our wedding.
    Brandi was always extremely responsive to my zillions of emails and phone calls. Brandi was so, so much more then my planner…it was like my best friend was helping me throughout the entire process! She is so creative. Brandi came up with tons of ideas that we would of never thought of ourselves. She was always 3 steps ahead, making sure things were addressed before they became "situations". I've never been a bride before (haha) so having Brandi's expert knowledge and guidance was absolutely priceless.
    When my mother-in-law was driving me nuts, she would run interference to keep everyone in good spirits. Or when there was rain in the forecast, she talked me off a ledge and quickly coordinated backup plans with my photographer & florist behind the scenes. Because of her hard work and dedication, I was actually able to enjoy my engagement & wedding day! Thank you, Brandi! I will miss you & our talks. Mike & I joke about getting married again so we can hang out with you more! With Much Love, Christina Lombardi.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Blissful Events made planning our wedding, stress-free and made the whole process enjoyable. Planning a wedding in 6 months is challenging, so having Brandi and her team spear-heading the preparations was amazing. The simple thing that most wedding vendors/ companies do not understand is that listening to your client is the most important thing you can do. Brandi really gets it. She understands your vision and has so many resources to execute a wedding that is your own personal style-- not just a generic wedding. Brandi and her team were always reachable, I was able to email and text anytime of the day or night and would receive a prompt response. Brandi is so great with people and extremely charming, there was no conflict between vendors and everything went so smoothly. My mother-in-law and I would say "thank god we have Brandi" all the time because she was 'on it' from the moment we met her.
    If you have Brandi and her team work with you on your wedding- YOU are extremely lucky- thats all I can say. Complete rockstars in the wedding world.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Cathy · Married on 05/09/2015

Blissful Events helped to bring the bride's vision to reality. In looking back on the day there is not one thing we would change. Much attention was given to every detail to make it perfect.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/13/2014

Brandi was amazing! She gives you the ability to customize your planning package which is great because different weddings have different challenges and people have different budgets. We live in California and were getting married on Block Island. As you can imagine, that’s a difficult situation. Brandi helped me so much with contacting local vendors. She has great relationships with them and was able to get these done quickly. Brandi was so flexible and accommodating with me. I only went out to the island one time before we got married and Brandi made sure to come over and meet with me so we could finally meet in person and go through everything with the venue. Additionally, she was always flexible and accommodating with our calls. I always had to schedule odd times because of my job and the time difference. She was always organized, on time, and ready to go.
    Brandi really knows the areas she services and will think of a million things that you would never think of. She also knows many people in the wedding industry so she will send you over cute ideas of things you might want in your wedding. For example, she recommended our hair and makeup team and I literally couldn’t imagine a better team. We looked like celebrities on the wedding day. Brandi did a spectacular job putting together the wedding timeline. We had a lot of logistical pieces to plan and Brandi predicted all of our timing perfectly.
    On the night before and the day of the wedding, Brandi was so calm and took care of everything. I honestly felt so relaxed on my wedding day and had so much fun! We had 22 rowdy people in our wedding party and Brandi didn’t even flinch trying to get people organized. My husband and I had the best night ever and then we came home and Brandi had brought all of our important belongings from the reception back home for us and every single thing was there. These are the little things you never think of but are so important. I recommend Brandi 100%.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Brandi was the ideal day-of coordinator for our 120-person wedding in Providence. I had been ambivalent about hiring a coordinator and my fiance didn't see the point, but my mother strongly felt we should have one. When I talked with Brandi, I liked how straightforward and professional she was. She immediately understand what kind of party we wanted and what our priorities were. She was responsive, kind, creative, and in the end hiring her was the best thing I did. By the week before the wedding, my fiance was hugely impressed as well and noted how valuable her involvement was. The day itself was beautiful and I was able to be completely carefree throughout--thanks to Brandi. Definitely recommend! You will be so happy to have her on your side!

Sent on 10/15/2014

In the beginnng I did not think we needed a day of wedding planner. We had lots of friends and family and the wedding was on our land. The groom however was very wise. He pointed out that the last think he wanted on the day of his wedding was a stressed out bride and future mother-in-law.
    We had a meeting with Brandi two weeks out and from there on in life got easier. She gracefully took care all the "issues" that came up and made great suggestions.

Her staff day-of was amazing. Quiet, quick, calm, thoughtful, timely, and 'on it". The started at 8am and did all the set-up, orchestrated the timing and vendors and left us with a clean and organzied tent at 11pm.

Thank you so much. It was a magical weekend and you and your staff truly helped create magic!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Katie · Married on 07/19/2014

Being an out of state bride, Brandi was extremely helpful in setting my husband and I up with vendors that would work well with us. I ended up having my absolute dream wedding and it went very smoothly thanks to all of Brandi's help. I would highly recommend Brandi, especially if you are from out of state.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Surraya · Married on 07/06/2014

As an out of town bride, I knew I wanted a 'full service' planning experience to pull off our perfect wedding. I researched wedding planners in the Rhode Island area and found Brandi to be the most responsive to my initial emails and liked that her website included multiple 'looks' in the photo gallery. After our first meeting, my fiancé, who was pretty quiet during the planning process, said he thought Brandi's personality and work ethic would be great fit for me to work with... and boy was he right!! Brandi made my engagement one of the most stress free and fun times in my life. We would come in town and go to 4-6 meetings with different vendors (caterer, florist, rentals, etc.). Brandi would organize all of the meetings based on my feedback from vendors we'd discussed on email/phone. It was so nice having Brandi give me a list of her top 3-5 vendors, I pick 1 or 2, meetings were set up, proposals were made.. and then we would sign a contract. This is where I felt such a value in our decision to work with a planner. All of the heavy lifting in the weeks and months leading up to our wedding was done by Brandi... she filters all the work so that the fun exciting stuff is what my fiancé and I got to focus on.

Fast forward 6 1/2 months from our first meeting and I walk into the wedding of my dreams. Brandi took my vision, ideas, thoughts, and dreams and brought them to life in one of the most beautiful reception tents I've ever seen. We had multiple family members (mom, aunts, uncles) and friends who kept telling us how flawlessly our ceremony and reception were executed. The wedding ran on time, the ceremony flowed seamlessly into the cocktail hour and we were whisked from the alter to pictures and finally into our reception while soaking in every minute. Brandi did all of the hard work, organizing, arranging, coordinating, and every other verb in the book to make sure that our wedding day flowed like a story book experience.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Roberta · Married on 05/17/2014

My husband and I are very happy we chose to work with Blissful Events. From day one, Brandi was on the top of every single detail about our wedding. She was always available by phone or email and had all the answers we needed. The vendors suggested by Brandi were all wonderful and very professional. Brandi also made sure that we stayed within our budget, giving recommendations of what was and was not important to buy or hire.
    On our wedding day, Brandi arrived early, when I was still getting ready at the hotel, and was the last one to leave. She even helped us pack the car at the end of the party!
    Brandi was not only our wedding planner, but she also became our friend. We were happy to see how excited and caring she was about every single detail.
    We absolutely recommend Blissful Events. You are going to be in good and experienced hands if you choose to work with Brandi.
    Roberta and Jeff Meaker

Sent on 06/11/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2013

Brandi is one of my favorite people ever!! Not only because she's amazing at what does but because she's an amazing person all around! She's so caring and giving!! When I contacted Brandi and told her what I was looking for she didn't hesitate to create a custom package for us since her standard ones didn't fit the bill. She also did a phone chat with me since she couldn't meet right away due to an upcoming vacation. That impressed me considering I would have thought she'd blow it off until after her trip. Talking to her that night was like talking to a friend. When we finally met, I knew she was the one. We bonded over our puppies and the rest is history! She was always there for me when I needed to talk about things for the wedding and drama in regards to the wedding and even things in my personal life, always made me feel better! She always responded to emails within a day, went to all of our design appointments and helped me turn my vision into reality. She even texted me pictures when she was out if she saw something I might like. We had multiple meetings that were more like girls day/night out instead of wedding planning but that was totally okay with me! She made me see that some of my ideas were a bit crazy or not fit for our wedding and put up with my mind constantly changing. I was having a tough time finding a florist and she took it upon herself to contact 3 other florists and get quotes for me. She didn't have to do that. She knew what I wanted down to the tee, and we ended up going with someone she chose. I should have let her pick from the start. Rehearsal night I was stressing about the first look spot and she said let me take care of it, she did and it was perfect!!! Throughout the wedding day, she let my husband and I know what we needed to and were we needed to be but most of all let us enjoy our wedding. We had nothing go wrong the entire night!! Brandi is more than our wedding planner, she is a lifelong friend!

Sent on 10/09/2013
  • X

Xenia · Married on 09/02/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Brandi leading up to a wedding for which we were both vendors; I was the florist and she was the planner. Let me say that her complete professionalism and personality plus, her availability and her thorough organization skills were very evident. She tended to every facet of a very detailed wedding, from the weeks leading up to, and through the entire weekend of a full service affair. She never missed a beat and stayed on top of every detail, keeping in touch with the vendors and setting up that all important weekend timeline. I was so thankful to have her available! She was the liaison for not only the bride and her vendors, but also for the vendor to vendor relationships; I loved that! Many thanks, Brandi, for all you do! Your services are an invaluable part of every bride and groom's very special weekend! Xenia of Vine & Vessel Inc

Sent on 09/05/2013

Kaylan · event on 04/13/2013

Blissful events hosted my baby shower in the Spring of 2013. I couldn't say enough good things about how the event was handled.
    Brandi met with me and we discussed what I wanted for my day of. She was so organized, professional, polite and easy to work with.
    I wanted to be hands off in planning process so I let Brandi know my wishes and what I wanted and she took it from there.
    When I showed up to my shower is was it was exactly what I wanted more. Her attention to detail, her ability to truly understand her clients needs and exceptional taste made my baby shower.
    I was blown away when I walked in and so were my guests. It was such a special day for me.
    I would recommend working with Blissful Events for any event you need help planning.
    Thank you again Brandi and Blissful Events for such a special day.

Sent on 03/01/2014

Erica · Married on 10/05/2012

My now husband and I hired Brandi Lacoste of Blissful Events as our day of coordinator for our wedding, Brandi is amazing, I highly recommend her services to anyone and everyone. Brandi was always available by email and phone and was fantastic about touching base and following up with us and all our vendors. She is unbelievably organized and professional, she assisted us from day one of us hiring her through our wedding day and reception. I would not hesitate to hire her in the future to coordinate another event.

Sent on 11/11/2012

So · Married on 09/22/2012

We hired Brandi for day-of coordination based on a recommendation we received from an experienced Block Island wedding planner. Brandi could not have been more helpful or wonderful. She helped me prior to the day of the wedding by keeping me organized and giving me useful tips and insights. On the day of the wedding, she jumped right in and was a perfect fit. She handled all of the little details my bride brain could not even begin to process, and she did it all in a most unintrusive way. I knew she cared for many of the small details, but she did so very quietly, and thus without stressing me out or giving me more to worry about. Without Brandi there that day, I would have been a ball of nerves, and the perfect day that was my wedding day would not have been so perfect. I was able to enjoy my wedding day so much more because Brandi was there.

I highly recommend Brandi. She's very good at what she does; you'll never know she was even there but for all of the many little and important details that are accomplished without your knowledge.

Sent on 02/07/2013

I was recently married at The Farmer's Daughter in South Kingstown, RI. This is a new venue that opened for weddings this season. It is a beautiful site but it is an open field and we needed to bring in everthing. I hired Brandi because she was the coordinator for one of the weddings at this venue before mine so knew she would be familiar with it. I purchased her mid-range services package since I had already coordinated some of the vendors, however realized I needed help with the remaining details. Brandi recommended vendors and coordinated meetings. I also had a tight time frame (only 5 months from engagement to wedding date) so some vendors were already booked however Brandi was able to recommend great alternatives. She was responsive and flexible with my requests. She coordinated all of the vendors (sending reminders to them and keeping me on track with final payments) during the last few weeks leading up to the wedding. Although Brandi was personally unable to attend the wedding (she was already booked for another wedding and communicated this to me when I signed on with her), her back-up assistants were wonderful keeping us on track and setting everything up. On my wedding day, I wasn't stressed at all with the details and was able to be present to my groom and family and friends. It was a beautiful day and many guests commented how seamless everything went, which is a testament to Brandi and her team. Thank you!

Sent on 09/29/2014

It was a God send to have Brandi as my daughter and son-in-law's wedding planner. She helped us find affordable vendors and kept a cool head throughout the process.

Sent on 12/16/2013

pat · Married on 06/27/2015

Loved working with Brandi and used her for preplanning and coordination the day of the wedding. She had great ideas and took care of the vendor coordination. The day of, she made sure everything took place on time and that everyone had a wonderful, and enjoyable day. If I could do one thing differently, I would have used her to plan the entire event. She is amazing!

Sent on 01/01/2017

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Was a great wedding and Brandi helped make it very special!

Sent on 10/28/2014