66 Reviews for Bliss Wedding Design & Spectacular Events

To-Do Lists (1)
Civil (1)
Cultural (1)
Non-Religious (1)

My husband and I got married at the Westin Maui and Shane truly made my day magical. He didn't miss a beat, suggested a couple last minute changes that made the day turn out even better, he kept all of us so relaxed and smiling through out the day. He truly knows what he is doing. We have been together for many years as a combined family with older children. We had a very private ceremony with our adult children, their spouses and 6 grandchildren ages 18 months to 7 years. All the grandchildren were all in the wedding. My husband and I keep saying how it was everything and even more than we had talked about for a very long time. We will cherish the memories for years. Thank you Shane!!!

Profile Picture Debbie, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We honestly do not know where to begin. Our wedding was nothing less than BLISSful. There is so much that Darren and his team did for us leading up to our big day and we cannot thank them all enough! We hired Darren for full service and we are stoked that we did.

It was evident among the vendors working with Darren and his team was awesome. Throughout the entire process Darren was patient and attentive. He communicated to us every concern and left no detail out. With much on his plate, he made us feel special and important as if we were his only clients.

We wanted our family to experience something they’ve never experienced before and Bliss Maui did just that and much more. Our family even noticed how amazing they were. They captivated and imprinted in us, memories that will be cherished and talked about forever.

Every journey begins with a single step and we are grateful that Darren was there to help us take it. Like the masterful pavers they were, Bliss Wedding made clear and beautiful a path for us to happily take. No scene or event could be more perfect than what they created. Thank you Bliss for blessing us with your love and care. We couldn’t have asked for anything more perfect.

Photo for Bliss Wedding Design & Spectacular Events Review - photographer: Tamiz Photography
Profile Picture Shiloh, 4/14/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

We recently were married at the Westin Maui, and we cannot say enough how this was the best decision we ever made! Shane with Bliss Weddings was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING - he coordinated the entire event with professionalism and responsiveness. With the hotel's expertise, flexibility, and attention to detail, we were able to relax and enjoy the resort all the way until the wedding. We feel incredibly lucky to have had our wedding at the Westin Maui - trust me it won't disappoint you. Our only regret is not having taken a picture with Shane - the miracle worker!

Profile Picture Kerri, 4/12/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The Bliss team was amazing! They really went above and beyond for us. Living in Australia meant we needed major help with a Maui destination wedding. It was truely the most magical wedding day and we couldn't have done it without Bliss.

Photo for Bliss Wedding Design & Spectacular Events Review
Profile Picture Jacqui, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband is from Australia and we met there in 2013 when I was working in Sydney on a global deployment assignment with my firm for three years. We moved back to the states together in summer of 2016 and got engaged in January of 2017. Hawaii was a natural choice for us given it is half way between Australia and the states and I have always wanted a beach wedding. We quickly decided on the island of Maui and began researching wedding planners. We decided on Sugar Beach Events as the venue (which is amazing!) and spoke to the event coordinator there. We researched wedding planners more and Bliss quickly came up. From the moment I saw their gallery I was hooked.I loved their clean and simplistic style and grace. There was no looking back after our first call with Shane and Maria. I cannot say enough about these guys and the company they represent. Planning a wedding in Maui from Atlanta, GA has its complexities (conference calls, time differences, etc.) but we never felt concerned or nervous about ANYTHING when working with this team. Pinterest become very important and my vision for our day was shared via Pinterest posts. Shane and Maria got everything right. We had a Hindu/Christian fusion ceremony so worked through those details as well. The officiant, flowers, DJ, event space, cake, food, absolutely everything was perfect! We want to do it again!!!

I cannot recommend these guys enough - they presented us with the best vendors to chose from and our photos and everything are amazing! If you are getting married in Maui - they only way to do it is BLISS!!!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The Bliss staff seriously made our day blissful!!!!! We decided to have a private beach elopement at Ironwoods beach in West Maui. I'm very particular about my vision and every step of the way Shane and his staff made me feel at ease and they totally saw what I wanted! I've worked with planners in the past for other events and the comfort level the Bliss team made me feel by far surpasses anyone I have worked with. We planned our elopement via phone and email in less than 6 months. Every phone call and email I was treated like no question was too small and every idea and request there was a lovely choice of the absolute best vendors. My flowers by Maui Petals were breathtaking! I sent so many photos of what I wanted and Darren knew how to make it all come together better than I could have imagined! We planned our day from Massachusetts so I put a lot of trust into Shane and his staff and they went over and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect! When a power outage happened less than an hour before hair and makeup was to arrive at my hotel, Shane and his executive rockstar Maria seamlessly organized a plan B and it worked out well. I never sweat it because I knew Bliss would take care of me...That's the kind of people they are! It was an absolute joy to work with them! 5 stars is an understatement for the Bliss team!!!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The Bliss team is beyond amazing!! Darren was absolutely fantastic and I cannot say enough good things about him and his team. Our photographer described Darren as a "wizard" with florals and she was exactly right!! His expertise and creativity are unmatched. I had a vision of what the day would look like, and Bliss exceeded my every hope and dream!

Profile Picture Betsy, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

LOOK NO FURTHER!! The Bliss Family & Maui Petals (Darren and his team) are quite incredible. I have nothing but positive things to say about this team! I am very particular and picky in terms of what vision I had for my wedding and I wasn't sure how to bring that to life, but Darren and his team were able to not only make my vision come true, but decorated my events to beyond my wildest dreams with absolutely stunning floral and decor!! I had a vision of a simple, clean & crisp yet elegant look, and Darren and his team brought that and much more! I can't thank their team enough for the long hours on the phone to going through each and every detail of what I wanted my wedding to look like, which floral pieces I wanted, to the reality of what those visions turned out to be. People are still talking about how beautiful our wedding was and this is all thanks to the people behind the scenes of Bliss & Petals for paying attention to every detail and listening to what I was hoping for! Thank you Darren, Shane and your Bliss & Maui Petals family. You all are not only an incredible decor and floral company, but are also wonderful people to work with, not to mention extremely reasonably priced!

Profile Picture rashmi, 3/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Destination, Event Design, Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception

When I first started researching wedding planners on Maui and came across their website, I immediately knew that I wanted Bliss to do our wedding. I gave them a call, talked to Darren, and the rest fell into place smoothly. We had a long engagement so we had like 15 months to plan. We emailed each other a lot. We even skyped a couple times which was great. Luckily we had a chance to go to Maui 8 months prior to the wedding and meet them. Darren organized meet and greets with various vendors and arranged tastings which really helped to solidify our choices. It also helped us get to know each other better so that Darren could get a sense of what we wanted. And he delivered. Even with a major snafu occurring that was out of anyone's control 4 days before the wedding that resulted in us having to move the entire event to another location went smoothly. Darren was calm and collected through all the changes. And the day of I didn't have to worry about anything except enjoying the day. Darren and Shane took care of every detail and the flowers and décor were gorgeous. Our guests had a blessed and magical time. It was simply perfect. It was everything I wanted our wedding to be and more. I wouldn't change a single thing. Reliving moments from the day still brings tears to my eye. It was the best wedding I've ever been to, that's for sure. I may be biased...but it's true. Thank you Bliss for what I can honestly say was the Best. Day. Ever.

Profile Picture Edward, 12/18/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines

The staff at Bliss Events are absolutely the best. Darren took our vision and made it happen within our budget. He went above and beyond to help us plan the important details of our hindu/american ceremony and reception. His floral design was better than we could have imagined. We are still getting complements on our November wedding from friends and family. Their phenomenal service allowed us to have a worry free day and we truly enjoyed every minute.
We are forever grateful! Thank you Darren Bliss Events!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 11/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Transportation

I can't say enough amazing things about the Bliss boys!! They are so easy to work with and actually make planning a wedding FUN! Darren and I had "Wedding Wednesday" Skype dates that I miss dearly :(
Looking at their website, Instagram, and Facebook I knew what they were capable of and therefore had no doubt that the wedding would be absolutly amazing and it was. If you are planning a wedding in Maui look for further then Bliss !

Profile Picture Autumn, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Destination, Ceremony, Reception

Darren and the Bliss team were exceptional! My wedding was so dreamy! Darren was extremely flexible and accommodating. He responded to my e-mails quickly and made me feel like the only bride he was working with. I didn't have to worry or stress about a thing, they took care of it all, and surpassed my expectations!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Shane Canada and the Bliss Team were fantastic to say the least. We had a last minute wedding (started planning 3 or 4 months prior to the actual wedding), but after having an initial consult with Shane, his enthusiasm, passion for weddings and energy made us feel at right home with him, and he reassured us that we would be able to have the wedding that we dreamed of.

Once we locked down the date/time for the wedding, we started the planning process. With only a few months to plan, we knew it would be busy and tight from both sides (given that it was the beginning of wedding season). We were in contact with Shane weekly (usually through email, text and some phone calls) and he took us through the planning process step by step with securing the officiant, photographers, caterers, then the final design, etc. We set up a pinterest board and were able to coordinate and share a lot of the details of the wedding through that board. Being a destination wedding, and not having a chance to meet Shane and his team prior to the wedding and only seeing the Kukahiko Estate online, we were a bit nervous over how the wedding would turn out. But having the pinterest board provided for an easy way to convey the theme we were looking for.

When the wedding day arrived, it was the first time saw the wedding venue and design, and Shane and his team absolutely nailed it. Shane had captured exactly what we wanted and the Kukahiko Estate was perfect. Our biggest fear with the venue was that we did not want a space so big that it would swallow up the wedding. We had about 25 guests, and with how everything was setup and laid out, the space and size was perfect. The ceremony and reception were all done on the lawn and it wasn’t too crowded or too large. They also just installed air conditioning in the bridal suite, so getting ready was comfortable as well. Shane and his team did a great job capturing our vision for the wedding and working with him and his team was seamless and easy.

Profile Picture vic, 6/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Shane and Darrin from Bliss Designs are top notch wedding planners who made our wedding day exceptional and provided us with a superb level of customer service that put us to ease from start to finish. Their attention to detail, stellar communication, delightful taste, and guidance were much appreciated. I gave them free range on design and was blown away by the outcome. We are so thankful that we found Bliss and Kukahiko Esate for our wedding day. Thank you for making our day perfect.

Profile Picture User4662601, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines

We cannot say enough great things about Darren and the Bliss Team. Our wedding was beyond perfect and each and every detail that they had a hand in was beyond anything we could have ever expected. The level of professionalism left me feeling at ease throughout the entire planning process and when the day came, I enjoyed every minute of "our day" without having to worry about anything. Things went flawlessly and I couldn't have imagined a more perfect, stress free, BEAUTIFUL event! Each detail, from start to finish, was personal to us and was exactly what I asked for. Thank you Bliss for an unforgettable wedding!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

I worked with Darren at Bliss and he was wonderful! I always wanted to get married in Hawaii and originally planned for a beach wedding, but once I seen all the beaches were public, I started to look into venues. I got married at the Kukahiko Estate and myself and my guests loved it! It was so nice to have privacy, get ready together, and have the intimacy you would want on your wedding day. Darren listened and worked very well with me and exceeded all my expectations. You will not regret hiring Bliss.

Profile Picture lauren, 5/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Bliss Wedding Design & Spectacular Events went above and beyond with all aspects of our wedding. Darren and Shane both truly love what they do, and every detail of our wedding was evidence of this. Planning a wedding from a different Country could have posed a significant challenge but because of Darren's organization and incredible communication it was flawless. We knew right away we could put our trust in Bliss and they did not disappoint. Darren provided all the information we needed to make informed decisions about our vendors and every one of them turned out to be amazing. Without hesitation I would recommend Bliss to anyone planning their wedding on Maui. Not only did we get a beautiful, amazing wedding that reflected both of our personalities perfectly, we now have two great friends in Darren and Shane.

Profile Picture Jen, 4/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Bliss made our dream wedding a reality! My husband and I wanted a Maui destination wedding and were thinking of doing something large, but the planning was becoming too much of a headache. So we decided to elope instead, and that's when I found Bliss. After looking at pictures and videos of other weddings they had done (as well as reading all the positive reviews), I reached out and was immediately contacted by Darren. I told him our situation and that we were looking to get married in the next 2-3 months. I had a couple vendors in mind that I really wanted to work with, so he reached out to those people to see when they would be available. I was extremely impressed that he would do this for me before I had even signed a contract to work with him.

Once we settled on a date, everything else fell into place. Any time I contacted Darren he was always extremely prompt to reply, usually within a day. We communicated mostly by email, with a couple phone calls to discuss the larger details. I sent him pictures of things I liked (flowers, cakes, etc.) so he could get a sense of the style I wanted - and he executed my vision to perfection! Our wedding day was so relaxing and stress-free, which is something I don't think many brides and grooms can say. I knew that everything would be taken care of perfectly, and it was. We were married at Kukahiko Estate, and it was the perfect location for the private, intimate elopement that we wanted. Darren and Kayla made sure everything ran smoothly and we literally did not have to worry about a thing the entire day. Kayla even helped me with my dress, which I really appreciated since I did not have my mom or any bridesmaids there to help me.

Planning a destination wedding can be daunting, especially if you are not able to travel to the destination or meet your vendors beforehand. I'll admit that I was nervous about how everything would turn out, but I knew that we were in good hands. So glad we chose to work with Bliss!

Profile Picture Kelly, 1/8/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Destination, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

Shane and the rest of the Bliss Maui crew took care of everything I needed for my wedding. That left me time to actually have a vacation with my family on the beautiful island without having to stress over small details.

Profile Picture Julie, 12/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We asked Darren to design our bouquets for our elopement. He responded very quickly to our emails and stayed in contact with us during the whole process. We would collaborate on ideas via pinterest and he was extremely enthusiastic and really cares about your special day. Our bouquets were even more amazing than we had imagined. He also went out of his way to help us set up appointments with getting a marriage license and gave us a list of things we could do on Maui! We loved Darren! He even stayed for our ceremony!

Profile Picture Jess, 10/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My husband and I were married at the Kukahiko Estate on 25th September 2015. We had a couple only wedding and it was all arranged by the fabulous Shane Canada at Bliss Wedding Design. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Bliss. Shane was instrumental in arranging our day, and such a pleasure to work with. His amazing personality and professionalism is a credit to him. We only contacted Bliss the first week in August 2015 to see if they had availability to accommodate our wedding in September. Shane did such a great job turning it around for us in such a short space of time.

We live in Scotland, UK and so all communication was done through e-mail. Shane was quick to answer all my mails and I always felt completely re-assured that everything was coming together nicely. All of the vendors we had were amazing and we couldn’t have had a nicer day even if we’d had 2 years to plan it. Darren from Bliss made by bridal bouquet and it was truly stunning, I couldn’t have wished for anything more, it really exceeded any expectations I had. Fran from the Bliss team was also fantastic in getting me ready. As it was just myself and my husband I had no friends or family to help me with my dress and she was there to lace me in and made me feel so comfortable, what a beautiful lady.

If you are looking for a planning service then look no more, please do not hesitate, Bliss are truly top class. Also if you still haven’t set your heart on a venue then please consider the Kukahiko Estate, absolutely breathtaking location.

Profile Picture Ciara, 9/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The Bliss Team helped to make my wedding day a dreamy reality! Darren, Shane and their entire staff went above and beyond when it came to listening to our ideas, planning everything out, connecting us with our vendors, smoothing out any bumps or stresses along the way, making suggestions, being flexible and making sure our wedding day flowed beautifully. They are not only amazingly skilled at what they do, they also have the biggest hearts and know just what is needed- sometimes even before you do! I cant say enough about how professional and talented they are. Not only were they working their magic behind the scenes, but they were also an important part of our wedding experience and memories that we couldn't have done without! Mahalo NUI!

Profile Picture Kyra, 9/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception

Bliss Wedding Design was an incredible team of talented, genuine, and wonderful people who created a wedding of our dreams. (Special thank you to Shane and Darren) When we pictured and imagined our special day and Bliss Wedding Design made it a reality with every detail...from the colors, the setting, the view, lighting. If we had the opportunity to re-do, we would do it exactly the same way.

Profile Picture Deniz, 9/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

Bliss Weddings absolutely exceeded my expectations! From the first time I spoke to Shane the processed flowed. It was so obvious they put their hearts into what they do. From the artistry with the flowers, the arch and the food, everything was perfection. I gave Shane a Pinterest board with my ideas and he and his team made them a reality. I am beyond grateful. They made our wedding so magical!

Profile Picture Rejoy, 7/30/15, 1 Review