Bliss Salon & Beauty Bar Reviews

Bliss Salon & Beauty Bar 4
Bliss Salon & Beauty Bar 5
Bliss Salon & Beauty Bar 6

Sherry · Married on 09/19/2015

Bliss was absolutely wonderful to work with. They were really open to (and encouraged) artistic suggestions. I'm an engineer so the ways of gorgeous hair and make up are beyond me. My make up looked really natural (I used the air brush make up), highlighted my features perfectly, and stayed flawless all day at my outdoor wedding. My hair was similar - simple yet elegant side braid that spilled into curls that highlighted my face. I also had gels put on. I worked too hard preparing for the wedding and managed to chip a nail- don't ask how but it was no fault of theirs. They repaired it the day of the wedding at my set up location. Also I live 4 hours away so they planned all the trials around my schedule. I can't say enough about the talent and helpfulness of these girls. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Christol and the staff at Bliss are phenomenal! I can tell you they are, without a doubt, the best team to do your wedding! I've worked with these ladies professionally as well as personally - and every person I've seen sit under the hands of these great women have looked absolutely stunning. Stop the search and call Christol TODAY! I promise you wouldn't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Hannah · Married on 08/01/2015

Bliss did both my hair and make-up for myself and did the makeup for my bridesmaids. I am so glad I chose them! Their free hair and make-up trials are amazing and I loved getting to make sure what I wanted was what I actually wanted. They also came to my venue to do hair and makeup with no charge which was super helpful.

I would recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Mary · Married on 04/22/2017

Christol was incredibly flexible and accommodating to my schedule. On my wedding day, the team came to our venue extra early to be sure that everyone's hair and makeup was done just right. If I had to do it over, I would definitely book Bliss again.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Diana · Married on 08/21/2015

Loved having them do my hair & makeup for my wedding, I was very happy with the result!! Lovely place and staff, definitely would go back again!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Rachel · Married on 05/13/2017

Very professional. Chrystal and her assistant were on time and organized.i did Not have one negative experience. Bliss is TOP NOTCH! BEST OF THE BEST. They use high quality makeup. Im so glad i had them be there on my wedding day. My. Bridal party and wedding guests kept complimenting me on the makeup they did for me (the bride) and my mom as well.

Sent on 07/25/2017
  • Q5D0Xi1g6anSHIDdmv5pOBcPavu/dpDS9S78sB/tJUc=

Alyssa · Married on 06/02/2018

Loved my makeup! I used a making spray that allowed me to cry on and off the whole day and the makeup still looked flawless all day! She did a great job matching my skin tone (not making me look orange), and did a beautiful job making me feel like a princess!

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Bliss Salon & Beauty Bar 7

Kelly · Married on 08/16/2014

3.5

Christol and her crew are very friendly and flexible. They were good company on the wedding day and did a great job with hair and makeup!

Sent on 08/30/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/08/2017

I had a great experience with Bliss Salon! They were easy to work with and did everything I asked for.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Gabrielle · Married on 08/04/2018

3.5

Christol recently did the makeup for my wedding and IT WAS PERFECT! I was looking for something dramatic to match my hair and dress and she achieved that, without going too overboard. Also, the day was very hot and my ceremony was outside, but the airbrush makeup held up the whole night and still looked great after almost 12 hours.

The salon is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. My makeup was great and I would gladly pay for it again. The bridesmaids and my mom were a little more disappointed with the high price, but it wasn't too outrageous.

I would definitely recommend Bliss Salon and Christol to anyone looking for a wedding makeup artist!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Charna · Married on 09/24/2016

4.2
      3.0

Definitely worth the money and the time. Really nice bunch of women in a beautiful salon, willing to go above and beyond to make your special day just the way you dreamed it would look. Hair wise they did exactly as requested. I had an up do and rode on a motorcycle up to my ceremony area and my hair stayed perfect thanks to all their effort and bobby pins :) Make up wise the air brushing was flawless. I will suggest this salon to all my soon to be wed friends.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Kiersten · Married on 05/27/2017

0.4
      0.5

I signed my contract for hair and makeup with Christol in June 2016 for my wedding in May 2017. My wedding was going to be in Columbus so Christol would have to travel which they said was fine and they knew about this when I signed the contract. A month and half out from my wedding, when I went in for my trial, I was told that Christol had another wedding booked for that day in Bowling Green, but she assured me that everything would get worked out. I received an email one week after my trial stating that in order for Christol to do my hair and makeup she would have to start at 6:00am so she would have enough time to travel back to Bowling Green for her other wedding. They also gave me the other option of having another stylist, Nettie, do my hair and makeup for free and they would also offer me a free trial, schedules permitting. Obviously 6:00 am is way too early to start getting ready so I was willing to try Nettie. They offered to have her drive 2 hours away to where I live to do the trial. When I said yes I would like to do that, they emailed me on 4/25 saying that because it is too close to my wedding date (5/27) and because of Nettie’s availability they could not do the trial but assured me that Christol would show Nettie what to do. They also tried to blame me saying that because I changed my end time from noon to 11:00am that it messed up their scheduling for that day. There would be no way that Christol could have a wedding before mine in Bowling Green and make it to Columbus to have me done by noon which means this other wedding she had booked must have been after mine. Therefore, me changing my end time to 11:00am should have actually helped Christol and the other bride out, not made things more difficult. Also, because I was the first bride to book, that should mean I have top priority over the other bride when it comes to scheduling. Needless to say I will not be getting my hair and makeup done here because of their very poor customer service!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Bliss Salon & Beauty Bar's reply:

We at Bliss Salon & Beauty Bar are saddened and disappointed by this review and would like to make it clear that this review does not accurately or fairly reflect Bliss, our wedding business, or the customer service we take pride in providing. After a breach of contract, this bride canceled her services and promptly posted this review. We hope that future brides will please consider the several other reviews we have received before this one when considering Bliss for their wedding day hair and makeup services.