Bliss DJ's Hawaii Reviews

Bliss DJ's Hawaii 4
Bliss DJ's Hawaii 5
Bliss DJ's Hawaii 6

Ryan · Married on 04/30/2015

Alan at Isle Media referred to Bliss DJs, specifically Kevo, to us. To follow up with Alan's referral, we looked up Bliss DJs on WeddingWire, great reviews there too, so we decided to move forward with Bliss DJs. From the beginning, Kevo was very easy going and professional. Being a connoisseur of EDM, I told Kevo that I wanted to choose every song played throughout or wedding. He suggested breaking up my selected tracks into 3 buckets: happy hour, dinner and the all important dance portion. This suggestion worked perfectly, when deciding which tracks to select. I sent Kevo a track list of nearly 150 tracks, many of them hard to find mixes. He came through with nearly all my tracks, which I didn’t think would be able to do. By the way the 150 tracks was more than enough time to span our event plus more. From all of our guests and even our other vendors, the ambiance set forth from Bliss DJs was exactly perfect, a lively beat that kept the mood upbeat and the party alive from the time we said “I do” until the last song of the night by The Wanted, ‘Glad You Came.’

As an emcee, he was great! He was active and ready when he needed, then passive and incognito during the other times. Overall, he is great! We would highly recommend Bliss DJs to anyone who wants the best DJ on the Island for the most important day of your life!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Ryan · Married on 04/30/2015

Sent on 05/15/2015

Mandy · Married on 04/18/2015

You were awesome! Everyone had a great time and thought it was the best wedding

Sent on 04/23/2015
  • Y

Yumi · Married on 04/10/2015

Kevin was DJ/MC at our wedding. He has done an excellent job for us. My banquet coordinator introduced Kevin to us and we just felt we were so lucky to know him through her. We were from Australia and we could communicate with him only via email for our music selection. We basically asked him to use 80s music and he quickly picked up our taste of music. Every music he played at our wedding was perfect and we were happy, our guests were happy and everything went really well. He also has great emcee skills that he is very good at reading the crowd and feeling the flow. He was good at interacting with our guests, too. We would definitely recommend Kevin for DJ/ MC if you are looking for someone for your event.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Keana · Married on 04/04/2015

They are great! We initially hired DJ Kevo but on our wedding day two other DJs replaced him instead, which was fine by me. They followed everything I asked for as far as song lists. We didn't get to experience too much of the open dancing because our venue made us shut down an hour early which cut into their entire DJ time. They were really flexible with us about it and even told me they were super bummed about shutting down early because they wanted to play my list of songs that I made. I have no doubt that if they were able to play for that last hour then it would've set the party over the top and everyone would've had a blast. Bliss DJs was great to work with and we would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 04/12/2015

Shelley · Married on 03/21/2015

DJ Kevo was AMAZING. We were planning our wedding from San Francisco, flew in and met with him 3 days before the event. While this should've been a stressful time, DJ Kevo put us at ease and made us feel confident that things would go smoothly. During the reception he was so great as emcee. He kept things on schedule, reminded people about favors and kept guests laughing throughout the night. Now let's talk music. DJ Kevo got everyone on the dance floor and kept them on throughout the night. He even got the older folks to do the "Cupid Shuffle." If you're looking for a DJ/Emcee that can keep guests entertained and the dance floor crowded, hire DJ Kevo!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Kyle · Married on 02/22/2015

Kevo was awesome! He was very accommodating and kept the party going. He had a great personality and was a very enjoyable MC, cracking jokes and entertaining during "down time". We recommend Kevo to anybody for any event that they may need a DJ for!!!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Angelina · Married on 02/09/2015

DJ Kevo had the best price and was a great DJ and Emcee. He played all our song requests even Russian songs which he miraculously found himself online. All our guests were out on the dance floor and enjoying the music. As an emcee he was professional and engaging. I would highly recommend DJ Kevo from Bliss DJ's Hawaii.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Maricel · Married on 02/07/2015

I cannot express how awesome it was working with DJ Kevo for our wedding day. We hired him as our DJ and emcee...and we felt like he really tried to get to know us as a couple. He was super responsive throughout the wedding planning process..always willing to give us advice on how to make our wedding day the best it could be! He made us feel comfortable with him as soon as we met him, and with all his experience, we knew we could trust him to do a great job...and he did! He made our wedding day so much fun! Our reception went smoothly, everybody had a lot of fun, and people even asked if he was a family friend because he got to know us that well! I would recommend DJ Kevo to anyone looking to have a fun and memorable wedding!!!

Sent on 02/25/2015
  • User4719424 · 2+ years ago

Loved everything about DJ Kevo with DJ Bliss Hawaii. Easy to get ahold of them, planned with us according to what fit with our schedule, and very personable! The outcome of the up lighting, music, n MC! Thank you soo much DJ Kevo!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Shadae · Married on 12/14/2014

Kevo is awesome!!! You can tell that he has been in this industry for awhile because he is amazing at what he does. We hired Bliss DJ's to perform our ceremony music, reception DJ services, uplighting and emcee services. We didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day because Kevo took care of everything. He also came up with some awesome games that our family is still cracking up about. He made sure the entire reception program ran smoothly which it did. His personality is perfect for those searching for emcee services. Felt like he was part of the family. He also responded quickly to emails which is very important. Thank you Kevo for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 03/14/2015

Romeo · Married on 12/13/2014

Bliss Dj's Hawaiiwere very helpful with the planning of the music selection for our wedding. We talked about our theme and they never questioned how it would work but actually helped brainstorm ideas. The uplighting and monogram service actually exceeded our expectations. Really liked their professionalism everytime we met with them. I've been to parties where the Dj did not know what music would draw the crowd to the dance floor, that was not the case here. For the entire duration of the open dance portion of the night not once did the dance floor empty out people were asking servers to bring the drinks to the floor so they could keep dancing. Honestly couldn't have asked for more on our big day. Much mahalo to Bliss Dj's Hawaii.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Tim · Married on 12/11/2014

Kevo is the most amazing DJ in the world! He made everything happen! Thank you for throwing us a 'pink' rave at our wedding!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Bliss DJ's was fantastic. We had a mixed crowd of Australians, Americans and New Zealanders and the managed to keep everyone entertained. Even through dinner they were engaging and entertaining. They were definitely a huge factor in the night bring a huge success. Our friends are still talking about it!!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Jeannie Anne · Married on 11/29/2014

This review is way overdue, but I hope better late than never. Bliss DJs, most especially DJ Kevo, was amazing! I'm sure any wedding party or event that had them can attest to it. The quality I see about them is that they make it all about the couple. Once Kevo took the stage, he made magic! Of course as a bride, you cannot think of anything else, but just focus on your beautiful day with your husband, DJ Kevo took the reigns while having in mind all the notes we made during the meeting. My wedding day was in good hands. We had 300 plus people, and everyone was entertained - all ages! The services I got from them was having them as MCs. This was at first, difficult for me because I didn't think of having a complete stranger an MC - but Kevo became family, through the meetings and again, learning a lot about us as a couple. They also did our uplighting and mongoram (of our initials to match my invitation). But if there's one thing I'm grateful for, it's how professional and positively personal DJ Kevo and his team were. Like every other wedding, there's always some challenges. A few days before my wedding, Kevo called me personally and gave me words of encouragement and promised to help make my day beautiful. To have a vendor attuned, aware about their clients says a lot. Yes, they can provide their music and mc skills, but what sets them apart is that they know that it's all about you, the client. Your happiness on one of the most beautiful days of your life is important to them. I'm truly blessed to have met Kevo, and look forward to hiring him in the future.

Sent on 03/10/2015
  • User4572049 · 2+ years ago

We hired Kevin as our DJ and Emcee for our wedding. He came highly recommended and definitely delivered. In working with him he was incredibly professional, but moreover flexible when trying to work with our wedding budget. We would definitely recommend considering him for your big event!

Sent on 11/25/2014

DJ Kevo was fantastic! I met with him 9 months before the wedding at the urging of a friend. Kevo was responsive, personable, and extremely flexible as to working with us as to what we wanted out of our wedding DJ experience. He provided music for both the wedding ceremony as well as the reception afterward. He was also able to MC the event and threw in a few fun couples games for the guests to play in order to get the energy up. We gave him a few important songs for some of the milestone events (first dance, cake cutting, bride walking down the aisle for the ceremony), but by and large gave him free reign to choose the party music. He did not disappoint. We also found him to be very responsive to emails and he was incredibly easy to work with the day of the event as we had to make last minute changes and speed up/slow down the program. He also worked (unbeknownst to me) with my two best men in order to put on a surprise rap performance during the toasts. An experience I will never forget. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs someone to bring 110% for their special event. Thanks Kevo!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Jaymie-Lyn · Married on 10/26/2014

Working with DJ Kevo (Kevin Okutani) was the best decision we had made for our DJ/Emcee for our wedding. Although we had some hiccups during our special day, he always kept the program going and always had a back up plan when it was needed. Everyone absolutely loved him, especially Jason and I. He has made our special day a very memorable one. LOVE YOU KEVO!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Cassey · Married on 09/13/2014

Bliss Hawaii was an awesome company to work with! They provided all the services we asked for and surpassed all our expections! DJ Flip did an amazing job spinning all of our songs we requested! Jonah was an excellent emcee who entertained our guests and got them involved throughout the whole reception! Kevin blew us away with designing our monogram! The lighting with the monogram made the ballroom, and I cannot thank this company enough for all the hard work that was put to make the ballroom,we invision for months, come to life!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Our wedding day coordinator introduced us to DJ Kevo (Kevin Okutani) and we are so glad she did! DJ Kevo was our DJ, our emcee and provided the cool lights at our wedding. He was funny and cool, and the music was awesome - it was the right mix of genres that everybody enjoyed. All of our friends and family had a blast! Thanks DJ Kevo for helping make our wedding a party to remember!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Melissa · Married on 08/30/2014

We love DJ Kevo and so did our guests! Music and timing were in point with what was going in throughout the reception. Uplighting was also provided which help set the mood. He was great to work with in the pre-meetings and had a lot of great ideas when planning our program. It felt like we were working with a friend and had great laughs from the beginning to end.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Kevin was great during the whole planning process. He was very professional in his communication and quickly followed up to all of our emails. When sitting down for our meetings, he was very good in explaining how our reception program would be. We loved his reception games, and he did a great job getting our wedding guest involved. He was very flexible also, especially when we lost our wedding garter. Kevin came up with a great idea to toss a small floral bouquet instead. Everybody loved the little switch up.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Dj Kevo was courteous and professional. He was extremely prompt and responsive with all communication. He has a very laid back personality with the ability to get the whole crowd on the dance floor. He respected all my musical requests and was further able to improvise based on the crowd's energy. I highly recommend him. He made our event a huge success.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Adam · Married on 08/12/2014

From my perspective music was one of the most important elements of the wedding and reception. After an extensive search we selected DJ Kevo and from the moment we met we connected. He wasn't precious about what music was played rather he turned it over to us to define what we like and what we didn't. There were some stages of the night where we were prescriptive about the songs to be played and the order and some stages where we provided a few songs as inspiration for the type of music we wanted played. The wedding and event went perfectly and the dance floor was rocking half way through dinner which was exactly what we want.

DJ Kevo can play my party any time!!

Kimberly · Married on 08/09/2014

We could not be more happy that we picked DJ Kevo as our wedding DJ and emcee. Planning a destination wedding was quite an undertaking but he made the process very easy with timely correspondence and flexibility with our plans. He was sure to play all of our songs that we had requested and made the reception flow without a hitch. And when it comes to getting guests up and dancing he made a simple backyard wedding look like the best dance party of the year. All of our family and friends could not stop talking about how much fun they had dancing and I have plenty of video footage to prove it!! I would not hesitate to highly recommend DJ Kevo for any type of event as I am confident that he and his crew are able to adapt to any venue and crowd in order to make the event unforgettable.