Bliss DJ's Hawaii Reviews

Bliss DJ's Hawaii 3
Bliss DJ's Hawaii 4
Bliss DJ's Hawaii 5

Maricel · Married on 02/07/2015

I cannot express how awesome it was working with DJ Kevo for our wedding day. We hired him as our DJ and emcee...and we felt like he really tried to get to know us as a couple. He was super responsive throughout the wedding planning process..always willing to give us advice on how to make our wedding day the best it could be! He made us feel comfortable with him as soon as we met him, and with all his experience, we knew we could trust him to do a great job...and he did! He made our wedding day so much fun! Our reception went smoothly, everybody had a lot of fun, and people even asked if he was a family friend because he got to know us that well! I would recommend DJ Kevo to anyone looking to have a fun and memorable wedding!!!

Sent on 02/25/2015
  • User4719424 · 2+ years ago

Loved everything about DJ Kevo with DJ Bliss Hawaii. Easy to get ahold of them, planned with us according to what fit with our schedule, and very personable! The outcome of the up lighting, music, n MC! Thank you soo much DJ Kevo!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Shadae · Married on 12/14/2014

Kevo is awesome!!! You can tell that he has been in this industry for awhile because he is amazing at what he does. We hired Bliss DJ's to perform our ceremony music, reception DJ services, uplighting and emcee services. We didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day because Kevo took care of everything. He also came up with some awesome games that our family is still cracking up about. He made sure the entire reception program ran smoothly which it did. His personality is perfect for those searching for emcee services. Felt like he was part of the family. He also responded quickly to emails which is very important. Thank you Kevo for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 03/14/2015

Romeo · Married on 12/13/2014

Bliss Dj's Hawaiiwere very helpful with the planning of the music selection for our wedding. We talked about our theme and they never questioned how it would work but actually helped brainstorm ideas. The uplighting and monogram service actually exceeded our expectations. Really liked their professionalism everytime we met with them. I've been to parties where the Dj did not know what music would draw the crowd to the dance floor, that was not the case here. For the entire duration of the open dance portion of the night not once did the dance floor empty out people were asking servers to bring the drinks to the floor so they could keep dancing. Honestly couldn't have asked for more on our big day. Much mahalo to Bliss Dj's Hawaii.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Tim · Married on 12/11/2014

Kevo is the most amazing DJ in the world! He made everything happen! Thank you for throwing us a 'pink' rave at our wedding!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Bliss DJ's was fantastic. We had a mixed crowd of Australians, Americans and New Zealanders and the managed to keep everyone entertained. Even through dinner they were engaging and entertaining. They were definitely a huge factor in the night bring a huge success. Our friends are still talking about it!!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Jeannie Anne · Married on 11/29/2014

This review is way overdue, but I hope better late than never. Bliss DJs, most especially DJ Kevo, was amazing! I'm sure any wedding party or event that had them can attest to it. The quality I see about them is that they make it all about the couple. Once Kevo took the stage, he made magic! Of course as a bride, you cannot think of anything else, but just focus on your beautiful day with your husband, DJ Kevo took the reigns while having in mind all the notes we made during the meeting. My wedding day was in good hands. We had 300 plus people, and everyone was entertained - all ages! The services I got from them was having them as MCs. This was at first, difficult for me because I didn't think of having a complete stranger an MC - but Kevo became family, through the meetings and again, learning a lot about us as a couple. They also did our uplighting and mongoram (of our initials to match my invitation). But if there's one thing I'm grateful for, it's how professional and positively personal DJ Kevo and his team were. Like every other wedding, there's always some challenges. A few days before my wedding, Kevo called me personally and gave me words of encouragement and promised to help make my day beautiful. To have a vendor attuned, aware about their clients says a lot. Yes, they can provide their music and mc skills, but what sets them apart is that they know that it's all about you, the client. Your happiness on one of the most beautiful days of your life is important to them. I'm truly blessed to have met Kevo, and look forward to hiring him in the future.

Sent on 03/10/2015
  • User4572049 · 2+ years ago

We hired Kevin as our DJ and Emcee for our wedding. He came highly recommended and definitely delivered. In working with him he was incredibly professional, but moreover flexible when trying to work with our wedding budget. We would definitely recommend considering him for your big event!

Sent on 11/25/2014

DJ Kevo was fantastic! I met with him 9 months before the wedding at the urging of a friend. Kevo was responsive, personable, and extremely flexible as to working with us as to what we wanted out of our wedding DJ experience. He provided music for both the wedding ceremony as well as the reception afterward. He was also able to MC the event and threw in a few fun couples games for the guests to play in order to get the energy up. We gave him a few important songs for some of the milestone events (first dance, cake cutting, bride walking down the aisle for the ceremony), but by and large gave him free reign to choose the party music. He did not disappoint. We also found him to be very responsive to emails and he was incredibly easy to work with the day of the event as we had to make last minute changes and speed up/slow down the program. He also worked (unbeknownst to me) with my two best men in order to put on a surprise rap performance during the toasts. An experience I will never forget. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs someone to bring 110% for their special event. Thanks Kevo!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Jaymie-Lyn · Married on 10/26/2014

Working with DJ Kevo (Kevin Okutani) was the best decision we had made for our DJ/Emcee for our wedding. Although we had some hiccups during our special day, he always kept the program going and always had a back up plan when it was needed. Everyone absolutely loved him, especially Jason and I. He has made our special day a very memorable one. LOVE YOU KEVO!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Cassey · Married on 09/13/2014

Bliss Hawaii was an awesome company to work with! They provided all the services we asked for and surpassed all our expections! DJ Flip did an amazing job spinning all of our songs we requested! Jonah was an excellent emcee who entertained our guests and got them involved throughout the whole reception! Kevin blew us away with designing our monogram! The lighting with the monogram made the ballroom, and I cannot thank this company enough for all the hard work that was put to make the ballroom,we invision for months, come to life!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Our wedding day coordinator introduced us to DJ Kevo (Kevin Okutani) and we are so glad she did! DJ Kevo was our DJ, our emcee and provided the cool lights at our wedding. He was funny and cool, and the music was awesome - it was the right mix of genres that everybody enjoyed. All of our friends and family had a blast! Thanks DJ Kevo for helping make our wedding a party to remember!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Melissa · Married on 08/30/2014

We love DJ Kevo and so did our guests! Music and timing were in point with what was going in throughout the reception. Uplighting was also provided which help set the mood. He was great to work with in the pre-meetings and had a lot of great ideas when planning our program. It felt like we were working with a friend and had great laughs from the beginning to end.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Kevin was great during the whole planning process. He was very professional in his communication and quickly followed up to all of our emails. When sitting down for our meetings, he was very good in explaining how our reception program would be. We loved his reception games, and he did a great job getting our wedding guest involved. He was very flexible also, especially when we lost our wedding garter. Kevin came up with a great idea to toss a small floral bouquet instead. Everybody loved the little switch up.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Dj Kevo was courteous and professional. He was extremely prompt and responsive with all communication. He has a very laid back personality with the ability to get the whole crowd on the dance floor. He respected all my musical requests and was further able to improvise based on the crowd's energy. I highly recommend him. He made our event a huge success.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Adam · Married on 08/12/2014

From my perspective music was one of the most important elements of the wedding and reception. After an extensive search we selected DJ Kevo and from the moment we met we connected. He wasn't precious about what music was played rather he turned it over to us to define what we like and what we didn't. There were some stages of the night where we were prescriptive about the songs to be played and the order and some stages where we provided a few songs as inspiration for the type of music we wanted played. The wedding and event went perfectly and the dance floor was rocking half way through dinner which was exactly what we want.

DJ Kevo can play my party any time!!

Kimberly · Married on 08/09/2014

We could not be more happy that we picked DJ Kevo as our wedding DJ and emcee. Planning a destination wedding was quite an undertaking but he made the process very easy with timely correspondence and flexibility with our plans. He was sure to play all of our songs that we had requested and made the reception flow without a hitch. And when it comes to getting guests up and dancing he made a simple backyard wedding look like the best dance party of the year. All of our family and friends could not stop talking about how much fun they had dancing and I have plenty of video footage to prove it!! I would not hesitate to highly recommend DJ Kevo for any type of event as I am confident that he and his crew are able to adapt to any venue and crowd in order to make the event unforgettable.

Lisa · Married on 08/08/2014

We are so grateful to have found DJ Kevo, and so thankful for all the wonderful work and suggestions for our wedding. Everything from music, to emceeing, to lighting and games, he went well beyond the job description to make our day perfect. …At the last minute, we found out that the chapel’s sound system broke and our alternative was to bring a jambox. We thought there was no way our DJ could set up at the ceremony, then breakdown the equipment to set up again at the reception in half an hour. To our amazement he made it happen! Music was so important to us, and so many people said the music and song selection was their favorite part of our wedding day.

Our favorite moment wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for DJ Kevo. My fiancé and I wanted my grand entrance to be at the crescendo of the processional, but we never told anyone. I never thought the timing of when I would come through the doors of the chapel would mean as much as it did. DJ Kevo and our wedding coordinator timed it perfectly.

One of my biggest fears was that our ballroom would look a bit antiquated so I really needed the right uplighting. The three vendors I called only offered amber. Gross. I was so happy to not only hear that our DJ offered that service but that his equipment was computer automated so there was literally hundreds of colors to choose from. He even made a monogram that matched our invitations! We didn’t even tell him what font to use, and yet he still figured it out!

DJ Kevo also had the hardest job of the night which is emceeing. He was so much fun and got everyone in a really good mood. He also gave us a lot of suggestions for appropriate games. He always made time for us to answer our questions and walk us through anything we wanted to know. DJ Kevo helped us with our timeline and followed through to the finest detail. And after the program, the dance party was on! We were danced all night!

Sent on 09/03/2014

I am writing this review based off of my excellent experience with DJ Flip and DJ Kevo for my wedding last weekend. Kevo doubled as our DJ and emcee (since we didn't want to stress out any of our family members), and he did an amazing job! Because DJ Kevo maintains an easy going and gregarious demeanor, many of our guests thought that we had known him for a number of years. In truth, we had only met DJ Kevo once prior to our wedding. DJs Flip and Kevo kept the music going all night (after the program part of our reception), and the dance floor remained active and alive until the very end of the night. I almost forgot to mention that DJ Kevo also provided us with up-lighting and a projector (for our slideshow) which made the ballroom absolutely stunning!!! Kevo and Flip, if you are reading this, a big MAHALO again for everything! And for those of you looking for amazing DJs (and people) look no further and send DJ Kevo an email!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Joy · Married on 07/27/2014

We recently had Bliss DJ's Hawaii for our wedding reception. DJ Kevo was our emcee and also DJ'd for us! They were SO awesome! I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a DJ or emcee!

We met with DJ Kevo beforehand and automatically felt that he would be a good fit for us! We booked him and he sent over a song questionnaire. This helped to ensure that the music that was played throughout the evening was music that we enjoyed. My husband and I were undecided about some of the reception songs (i.e. father/daughter dance and wedding cake songs). Kevo was very helpful in suggesting songs that would fit us perfectly. They also effortlessly transitioned our slow first dance into a remix :)

DJ Kevo kept the program going smoothly throughout the night and kept our guests entertained! He was both fun and personable and all of our guests really enjoyed it. We got a bunch of compliments saying how smoothly it went and how fun it was! Also, for the dancing portion, they really feel the crowd and play music that keeps everyone dancing til the very end. They also are very good at taking requests from guests (if that is what you prefer - which is what we did)

DJ Kevo was also able to provide uplighting for our event, which helped to give our headtable that extra boost of color, which I loved. Overall I was very satisfied with my experience with Bliss DJ's Hawaii and highly recommend to anyone looking for a DJ or emcee or both!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Ryan · Married on 07/25/2014

We met Kevin at one of the Bridal Expos in Honolulu when we were first starting our research into hiring our amalgam of vendors for our wedding. Based on that first meeting we knew we wanted him to be our DJ and Emcee. Kevin was always reachable when we needed him and kept us on task with the decisions we needed to make. He was able to recommend ways to change the traditional reception format and series of events to suit our personalities and our unique style; everything from the bouquet toss to the guys in attendance to facilitating a surprise I'd come up with for my wife involving a full rock band performance integrated into a lip sync battle (ala Jimmy Fallon). Every step of the way Kevin and his people were courteous, professional, fun and accommodating. If we were going to have another event where a DJ was needed we would not hesitate to call Kevin and Bliss DJ's. The day of the event everything ran so smoothly. We have no doubt that this was due, in large part, to Kevin and his crew. He was also able to recommend ceremony musicians for us when our first idea fell through. He hooked us up with everything they needed, everything we needed and gave a deal we'd not dreamt of! The fairest pricing I've ever seen for the complete package for our wedding. Most importantly, after his impeccable professionalism and courteous attentiveness, he kept the party going until the Very last minute! We highly recommend Bliss DJ's and Kevin Okutani for any event you are hosting. Our wedding would not have been half as memorable with anyone else!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Shawna · Married on 07/12/2014

Kevo did an awesome job! He maintained a good flow of the party and kept everyone entertained. The music was great and knew what songs to play to make people dance.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2014

Kevin is awesome! He is super silly and crazy...which is exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Troy and I wanted everyone to just relax and have fun...which is what we were all able to do. Kevin was responsive via e-mail and when we met in person we loved him. He is down to earth and had some really fun ideas for games and keeping our guests entertained. He was open to our idea of using a football to pass the rings during the ceremony and of doing a funny intro for the bride (i.e. using "Gold digger" as the intro song before the real one) and provided the best music for it. We also had him emcee and again he kept it fun. Our wedding day was really fun and Kevin played a big role in that. If you want your guests to enjoy the day and have fun then I definitely would book DJ Kevo...but you better do it fast because he is super busy!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Alisa · Married on 07/05/2014

Dj kevo was awesome!! Great dj for any kind of event! He did our wedding and was not only perfect with the things we asked him to do, he also gave us a few suggestions that we ended up using that went over great with our guests.

Sent on 07/19/2014

DJ Kevo was amazing! He is an all-in-one pacakge. He was our Emcee, DJ and he provided beautiful soft uplighting. His uplighting is one of the best because he can create any color you wanted. We met with DJ Kevo one time in person a few months prior to the event and then just had one phone conference a week before the wedding. My husband and I were back and forth between the song choices and DJ Kevo was able to walk us through all the music song choices. He really knows his stuff! Just after an hour long conversation, he was able to figure out the exact type of music we wanted for the wedding. He created the perfect mood for dinner and every other part of the wedding. It was perfection. All our guests were loving the music he played all night. DJ Kevo played fun games with our bridal party and we thoroughly enjoyed everything he came up with. We had sooo much fun that night!

Sent on 07/02/2014