Bliss DJ's Hawaii Reviews

Bliss DJ's Hawaii 3
Bliss DJ's Hawaii 4
Bliss DJ's Hawaii 5

tricia · Married on 05/07/2016

DJ kevo did an awesome job with our wedding 2 weeks ago. With me being the "wedding planner" and the (then) future Mrs., he helped us out a lot especially with the reception. He was very flexible with our busy schedule and helpful with entertaining our guest. We actually had feedback from a few of our friends saying it was one of the top weddings they've been to. (No joke) Music was great and entertainment again, was awesome. We would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Lauryn · Married on 04/16/2016

Kevin was absolutely amazing! He was personable and he really took the time to get to know us, which we really appreciated. He made sure our special day was about us. Our guests had a great time and everyone loved him. Even months after our wedding out friends and family compliment him.

We are both so grateful for all his hard work and we highly recommend him! Thank you Bliss DJs for making our wedding day one we will never forget!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Lauren · Married on 02/27/2016

We hired Kevo to emcee, DJ and do the uplighting for our wedding at YWCA. He was very easy to work with, personable, quick to respond, and organized. As soon as we met Kevo, we knew we wanted to work with him.
    He was an awesome emcee and kept the program running smoothly. Kevo worked to make our program specific to us as a couple. We loved how he got our guests involved. He had awesome ideas for games at the wedding- one game included having our guests running around trying to find random items. For the garter toss, my husband enjoys golf so we had him putt his way to the garter.
    As a DJ- we appreciated that he asked us what type of songs we wanted for the post-ceremony, cocktail hour, introduction, etc. Things we didn't even think of! He always had good recommendations and played the song list we requested. Kevo was laid back and adaptable (including changing songs to my bridesmaid's introduction right before she went on).
    Everyone loved the up-lights and they complemented our colors perfectly! We had no idea where to have up-lights at the venue but Kevo knew exactly where to put everything.
    Kevo was awesome and worked well with all of our other vendors. His pricing was reasonable and we would highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Rena · Married on 02/20/2016

DJ Kevo was amazing! When we initially called him as part of our vendor scouting, we instantly liked his sense of humor, laid back confidence, and professionalism. We didn't have an official coordinator, but DJ Kevo made the planning process very easy for us by helping create our reception timeline, order of events, and did multiple games for us that everyone loved participating/watching. On the day of, he kept the events of the night running smoothly and naturally because of his emceeing. Also, the uplighting he provided really add a little something extra to the ballroom and made it come alive at the end of the night during the dancing portion.

Overall, hiring DJ Kevo was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding planning process! He was really great to work with and made our reception so much fun!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Dean · Married on 02/14/2016

I could only rate 5 stars here, but DJ Kevo / Bliss DJ's are a perfect 10! They provided gorgeous up-lighting, ALL the music for our entire event, and awesome MC services.

There's a reason for all the 5* reviews here. Kevin was "da man" who made it happen. We were completely lost, not having had much experience with weddings - either attending or planning. But, from the very first contact, he was extremely patient, enthusiastic, and was the catalyst behind planning and executing an awesome reception timeline / program - we're still getting compliments! He truly enjoys what he does and it shows in his creativity, experience, and flexibility (we made last minute song changes daily, the entire week before). Rest assured that you're in great hands - he will keep the party flowing and going!

Without a doubt, I highly recommend their services. I just hope they're available when we have our anniversary celebration :)

Sent on 03/30/2016

Leilani · Married on 01/23/2016

DJ Kevo was awesome!!! He was very helpful and very good at what he does!!! The lighting/monogram/music and yes the clouds made my wedding wonderful! He listens to everything you want at your wedding and even gives his recommendations on things you need help with.. He made working with him easy and fun! I highly recommend Bliss DJs Hawaii. Not only did my husband and I enjoy him, his games and music but my guest did as well!! I would totally higher him for my future parties!!!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Jennifer · Married on 01/16/2016

My husband and I are very simple, in fact, quite boring people. When we were planning our wedding, there was a slight fear that there was not enough entertainment in our reception program; we definitely did not want our guests to be bored. This all changed when we met Kevin of Bliss DJ's Hawaii, who was highly recommended by our other wedding vendors. At our consultation, Kevin's enthusiasm was contagious. We became excited and confident in all the creative ideas he had in mind for us. Kevin was AMAZING as our Wedding Reception MC. He also provided DJ music as well as up-lighting and a monogram that perfectly complemented our reception decor. Everyone had a blast! We were especially surprised to see so many of our guests on the dance floor. We could not have imagined our wedding day without Kevin/Bliss DJ's Hawaii. Thank you so much Kevin!

Sent on 03/31/2016

Meilan · Married on 12/30/2015

DJ Kevo is the best! From our first meeting, we knew he'd be a good match - without a flinch, he was ready to create a musical experience honoring our Chinese, Hawaiian and Italian cultures for a 200 person wedding reception. He was able to work with our tight budget and we were able to have his DJ services and uplighting (which was beautiful) truly tie our wedding and reception together.

He honored the songlist requests we submitted to him (using his organized template) and was so attentive during the reception, finding music to fit each person who spoke or was part of the program. From the very first song to the last, he kept people dancing on their feet - there wasn't a single dud of a song, and he manipulated the red uplighting to match the tone of each song. We wished we could have danced until the wee hours of the morning because the music was that good and the ambiance was perfect.

In addition to beautiful uplighting and a great playlist for the night, DJ Kevo also allowed us to use two of his cordless microphones and have a musician plug his guitar into his sound system for special gifts of music without any hassle - the sound was clear and the logistics were smooth, and we didn't even need to know about the technicalities since he worked in partnership with our wedding coordinators and photographer/videographer.

It's no wonder he was the DJ for my cousin's recent wedding and our photographer/videographer's wedding - we would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Robb and Song · Married on 12/05/2015

Kev-O and his team did an outstanding job with our ceremony and reception events. We also used his MC services and he helped us with our timeline and came up with fun events for our guests! Guests from our wedding were complementing on the professionalism that Kev-O and team brought. Everyone at the wedding had a great time thanks to him. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Susan · Married on 11/15/2015

We only have great things to say about Kevo. It also didn't hurt that he was also the DJ/MC for a couple of my best friends. He really cares about the couple and throughout the process leading up to the wedding, Kevo made sure that everything was covered. I even confided in him when I was going through some family drama (because what wedding would be complete without some family drama?) Kevo didn't need to, but he did listen and provided great advice. I highly recommend Kevo. He is the best!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Rachel · Married on 11/14/2015

I was blown away during my first phone con with Kevo. He got in touch with me within a few hours of my initial inquiry, and as soon as we got to chatting I knew he was who I wanted to book. He came across as extremely personable, professional and friendly, I felt like I was talking with someone I had known for years. We scheduled a sit down meeting to talk about my desires for our reception. He was there promptly and took charge of the meeting, asking all the right questions, documenting my preferences as well as assisting me in creating my timeline and giving a lot of suggestions that I hadn’t even thought about. It is clear that weddings are his forte and expertise. I didn’t need to check with him, or follow up after our meeting and when our reception came, he was set up early, made sure to get a one on one with me prior to events beginning, and the entire evening went seamlessly with Kevo driving the train. I’m so grateful I came across this man to give life to our reception, and I don’t think I could’ve asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 03/29/2016

Jerrod · Married on 11/07/2015

Kevin and his team did an outstanding job providing entertainment at our wedding. I was a little worried about the timeline of or entertainment but was put at ease with our first sit down meeting. He has a wealth of experience and couldn't have asked for a better mc. He not only kept it entertaining but fun for us.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Kevin provided us with great ideas, met with us several times, and made sure we were all set for our wedding. On the day of the wedding, he provided perfectly timed music during the ceremony, was the emcee for our reception, and provided DJ services for the dancing portion. We loved working with him and our guest made many comments that the program was well done and very organized. The music flowed well during all parts and every moment went very smoothly. He really made our wedding special and a day we will never forget.

Sent on 11/16/2015

DJ Kevo was great! He wasn't only our DJ but our MC as well. He was easy and fun to work with and he helped us customize our reception. He kept everyone entertained and most importantly on schedule! We can't thank him enough for all the fun and great music!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Neenz · Married on 10/16/2015

Excellent services provided by Kevin Okutani. We highly recommend the company and especially him!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Arthur and Norma · Married on 10/10/2015

We held our 25th Wedding Anniversary and Vow Renewal reception at the Ko’olau
    Grand Ballroom. The ballroom was already beautiful and does not need much decoration, but we wanted to have uplighting to add drama and highlight the corners and the columns in the ballroom. Bliss Djs provided our uplightings and our monogram. We worked with Kevin and Gabe and they were super professional and easy to work with. They listened to our concerns, answered our questions and made suggestions to make the venue pop with color. During dinner, they had the lights set to a single solid color and once the dancing started, they were able to set it to color-changing mode that encouraged everyone to party. Kevin also incorporated our wedding invitation design with the design of our monogram and it was absolutely beautiful. They also provided the cloud during our first dance and made that moment even more special. We had beautiful pictures taken because of it. The ballroom was transformed with the soft-lighting and everyone loved it. Overall, it was a great experience working with them. We would definitely use Bliss DJS again. We highly recommend them for your event.

Sent on 10/31/2015

melissa · Married on 10/08/2015

Kevin was great from the start. We felt his enthusiasm and kindness from our introductory phone call with him and all the way into the wedding day. From all the tips and tricks he shared with us, you can definitely tell he is a professional at what he does. And, besides DJ-related matters, Kevin gave us recommendations on food, desserts, and entertainment. We will hire him again if we ever need a DJ! Thanks Kevin!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Kevo was awesome and made sure the night was fun and stress free :) He's great to work with and has a good sense of humor. He promised our night would be fun and all our hard work would be worth it, and it all paid off in the end and my wife and I had the best time. Thank you Kevo, you are the man!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Debie · Married on 09/26/2015

DJKevo was an amazing Emcee, Entertainer, & DJ (along with his other DJ_. I would definitely recommend him to anyone hosting a party. Not only easy to work with but has a good heart and personality, and also listened to our needs. He also recommended great vendors that were great as well! Our wedding wouldn't have been so fun and memorable if it wasn't for DJKevo. He is awesome!!! =)

Sent on 11/01/2015

Malia · Married on 09/19/2015

DJ Kevo was awesome. He met with us and go to know us in order to provide a customized program for my husband and I. Friends and family asked who the DJ was, and I'm definitely recommending him to others!

Sent on 11/05/2015

We had Nate, DJ Flip, do our wedding at Kualoa Ranch. And we could not be happier!! He was so lovely to work with and really dedicated to giving us exactly what we wanted. And it wasn't easy - half our playlist was Spanish songs that he had to look for, download and I think he even bought a CD to get ALL the songs we wanted. Amazing! He delivered a great balance of songs and kept people dancing. He was also very affordable. Thank you so much!! Muchas Gracias!! Mahalo nui loa =)

Sent on 09/21/2015

Maggie · Married on 08/28/2015

We hired DJ Kevo as an emcee for our wedding reception. His questionnaire helped us plan our reception and timeline perfectly! We were a little hesitant to request country music in Hawaii being from Iowa, but his country collection rivaled our own! He kept our reception flowing and we never had to think about if it was going on schedule! He also had our guests laughing :) Pleasure to work with and highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Briana · Married on 08/08/2015

DJ Kevo is awesome. Very experienced and knowledgeable and gave me reassurance, as a stressed out bride, that everything was going to be great. And great it was! Kev was the DJ & Emcee for our wedding. He definitely entertained our guests with his personality and sense of humor. He helped me out with my timeline and really helped me keep everything together. The day was PERFECT, thanks to Bliss DJs. I am so appreciative and would highly recommend Kevo to anyone planning a party. He will deliver beyond expectations!

Sent on 08/15/2015

Cynthia · Married on 08/01/2015

We had an evening wedding at the Ko'Olau Ballrooms. Now, previous to our wedding, we were definitely on the hunt for an amazing DJ/MC, one that we could connect with, that preferably did not (overall) read off of a sheet, and that just sounded genuine. We had NOT expected to meet the DJ/MC of our dreams when we went to an ABC mixer in downtown Oahu.

Dj Kevo was doing both the MC and DJ at the mixer and we got to hear his voice, see what he did, and see how he connected with the guests. When I went up to him to ask questions, he was spot on...and I have to say that I had asked him a LOT of questions that night.

We had wanted an element of FUN, at our wedding and that is what we got! Thanks Kevo! The games were hilarious and Kevo, you improvised really well and it felt like you were definitely a part of the wedding, rather than just a stranger who was MC-ing. One thing I wish could have gotten to do with you was take a photo at the photobooth with you!

Sent on 09/15/2015
  • User5362091 · 2+ years ago

We were connected to Kevo through our band. Kevo was so responsive via email and so friendly in person. We definitely got a good vibe from him when we had our consultation. Kevo set us up with a DJ sheet so we could let him know our preferred genres and songs for our wedding. He did an awesome job! Not only did he play the genres and songs we liked, but also he was able to read the crowd and play what was appropriate for everyone to have a good time. We had such a fun night! I wasn’t sure if we’d have that kind of dancing reception, but we did!...and it was all because of Kevo’s awesome music and emcee skills when we needed him. He even provided lights, which really added to the ambiance. Definitely go with Kevo!

Sent on 08/19/2015