Bliss by Sam Wedding and Occasion Planners Reviews

77 | Chicago, IL

77 Reviews for Bliss by Sam Wedding and Occasion Planners

Sara · Married on 04/16/2011

I can't say enough about Rachel at Bliss by Sam! She was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. I got the day of service which was a great value. Rachel definitely extended her services far beyond just the day of the wedding. She went above and beyond all of my expectations. She went to the planning meeting between me and my venue and she called all my vendors to confirm their services. This was a huge help because right before the wedding I felt overwhelmed with details. She took care of a large part of the details and reassured me that everything would be taken care of. She developed a very detailed time line which she handed out to all the vendors. This really helped everything to run smoothly. She was always available by phone or e-mail. During our wedding weekend, everyone in the wedding party remarked that Rachel was extremely organized and very nice to work with. Rachel had also worked with my venue, The Carolina Inn, my photographer, and some of my other vendors, which was a huge bonus. She already knew the venue inside and out and because of her great reputation in the community she was well acquainted with my vendors. She brought two assistants with her on the wedding day which was also a great bonus. I did tons of research and talked with several different wedding planners and Bliss by Sam was by far the most accommodating and the best value. On our wedding day, I didn't have to worry about a thing and Rachel was always there to answer any questions or do anything that was needed. Bottom line: You must have Rachel for your wedding day!!

Sent on 04/28/2011

Kerry · Married on 10/16/2010

Rachel was my ceremony coordinator. She was amazing and went above and beyond to make sure my day went off without a hitch! I had a last minute dress disaster and she was able to scramble and get me everything I needed to fix my hem. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 02/23/2011

James · Married on 12/28/2009

Bliss by Sam helped us with wedding coordination on our big day. Awesome job, hands down!

Sent on 03/03/2011

Jen · Married on 12/20/2009

I couldn't have picked a better wedding planner for my wedding! She was highly recommended by our reception venue, and it was clear why. Sam was super helpful, friendly, professional, attentive, flexible, and more! I don't know what we would have done without her on our big day (and the whole "wedding weekend").

Sent on 02/23/2011

Colleen · Married on 10/17/2015

Sawyer was wonderful to work with. He is very organized and professional. I highly recommend him. The only reason i did not give all 5 stars is that the intern had some issues but Sam has told me that this has been handled.

Sent on 12/10/2015

Sam was wonderful. She had a lot of great ideas and was very fun to work with.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Linda · Married on 09/19/2014

Everything turned out lovely! You did a awesome job on my daughter Brandy''s wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • Studio M

Studio M · Married on 08/09/2014

I teamed up with Samantha on a wedding she was coordinating, to provide her client with custom invitations. She is amazing and was a pleasure to work with. Very professional and personable as well. I cant wait until we team up again!

-Studio M Creations

Sent on 10/15/2014

Lawanna · Married on 07/27/2014

Very professional, very thorough. Provided for a stress free event.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Vance · Married on 07/19/2014

I think that the service that was provided was great it really made the ceremony very nice and if it wasn't for them things wouldn't have been as smooth

Bliss by Sam Wedding and Occasion Planners's reply:

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. Please email me at sam@blissbysam.com to receive your thank you gift!

Everyone was very helpful and kind. They were organized and timely.

Courtney · Married on 07/19/2014

Bliss by Sam executed a beautiful wedding for my best friend. She is organized, creative and professional. The wedding rehearsal was timely and productive therefore the ceremony was flawless. Her expertise made the whole event amazing!!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Lori · Married on 10/06/2012

Your staff were very professional, pleasant, punctual and accommoadating, it was great working with them They made the day problem free and seamless.
    Lori Gibbs Mother of The Bride (Claudia)

Sent on 12/16/2012

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Bliss by Sam ! Rachel was fabulous !! She had wonderful ideas and her familiarity with many of our vendors made communications with them effortless. Her guidance through the wedding planning process was invaluable and she always responded very quickly to my emailsl or calls. Her expertise made the wedding weekend a dream come true :-)! Thanks so much, Bliss !!!!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Rachel was lovely in helping mom and I organize the perfect wedding. Partial planning services met our needs perfectly as we had already engaged most vendors on our own and just needed assistance organizing/managing the event and tying up loose ends. Thanks again, Rachel!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Brandy · Married on 09/19/2014

I am very grateful to Sam and Danielle for their assistance with our North Carolina wedding. They made the process very smooth and easy so I could enjoy the day. Sam worked with us every step of the way and kept us on task. Our wedding was beautiful thanks to her recommendations and vendor relationships!

Sent on 10/16/2014

LaShayla was wonderful to work with! She was always there with a smile and reduced the stress of the situation with grace.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Christina · Married on 03/15/2014

It was such a pleasure working with LaShayla for my best friend's wedding. She was always well prepared and kept everything in order before, during, and after the wedding celebration. I appreciate how she worked to get everyone involved in the process, even with a large bridal party. I would absolutely recommend LaShayla to plan a special event for those I know!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Judi · Married on 08/10/2014

They were very professional and helpful

Sent on 10/16/2014

Sabrina · Married on 10/01/2016

3.0

Hiring day-of wedding help was a relief. It meant that the only thing my husband and I had to do the day of our wedding is wake up and take care of ourselves. Someone else was making sure that our wedding party was getting prepped on time, that our vendors were arriving on schedule, and that the right guests were in the right vehicles and pictures. Leading up to our wedding, there were so many moments when I felt like I was the main person driving things forward and it was exhausting (even though my husband contributed a ton), but Sawyer and his team drove the wedding day, which made the day so much more enjoyable for me and my husband. I would highly recommend the Bliss team!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Nancy · Married on 06/04/2016

They provided excellent advice and were there when I needed them.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Annie · Married on 02/08/2014

Samantha and her team are very professional and ease to work with. They take the time to get to know all the needs and wants of the client. Her organizational skills are right on and she reaches out to each vendor making sure everyone is in the now and no surprises on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 10/12/2014

3.0

We were a little nervous at first because our planner seemed so young but we quickly learned that she was very professional and well equipped to get us on track to the beautiful, well planned wedding we envisioned. Needless to say, our planner, Rachel, was on point! She was super sweet, on top of everything and well organized. We really appreciated all of her assistance leading up to the day especially since we resided in DC and could not come to NC as often as needed. She did everything with precision and detail and on the day of was prepared with everything we needed but didn't know we needed - if that makes sense :). We loved the step by step schedule she prepared for our entire wedding party and the way she kept any snafus (if there were any) quiet so I wasn't a nervous wreck on our special day. She even put up with my hubby's excel spreadsheets and directives - which is no small feat. We had a wonderful wedding and are truly thankful to Bliss by Sam for helping to make it run as smoothly as it did.

Sent on 11/11/2012

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Bliss by Sam is a top notch event planning firm. Wonderful to work with.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Very professional and helpful. Their adaptability and flexibility with the changing dynamics of the event was impressive.

Bliss by Sam Wedding and Occasion Planners's reply: