53 Reviews for Bliss Bridal

Groom (1)
Father of Bride (1)
Cleaning (1)
53 Bliss Bridal Reviews

My trip to Bliss was wonderful. I made an appointment online and provided a few pictures of what I was looking for. As a plus size bride, it can often be disheartening to go wedding dress shopping where the only sample items are a size 10. But Bliss has a great selection for the full figured bride and I was able to try on several dresses that actually fit. The dresses are tagged with all the information you could possibly need (including price!) which was awesome. The shop is clean and bright and the staff is super friendly. And Jess...she was amazing. She really listens, doesn't try to upsell or show you dresses you don't like and most importantly - she really knows her stuff. My experience at Bliss was happy and stress free and I recommend them to all brides!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

What a perfect place to get a wedding dress! The entire staff was a delight to work with, including the tailor. Everything is done on site and we were able to go back several times to see my dress. The setting is full of natural light, which is really the best way to try dresses on. No stuffy dressing rooms! The selection is fabulous, the staff helpful, and I can truly say I'll miss them now that I have my perfect dress!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/21/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Preservation, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Tuxedo Rentals, Veils

I had an amazing experience at Bliss Bridal! I brought a few pictures with me of the style of dress I thought I wanted. While my family and I tagged dresses to try on, Sandy grabbed a bunch that were in the style I had wanted and we got to work! We quickly realized that what I thought I wanted wasn’t really what was going to work for me. Sandy was great at assessing what I liked and didn’t like and kept bringing dresses until we found the one! I never felt rushed, and I was there for probably two hours my first appointment and another hour my second appointment, which was when I made my final decision. They really made the process extra fun and less stressful. The service was excellent, there was a large selection of dresses to choose from and I found the way they organized and labeled the dresses to be really helpful is well. Another thing I really appreciated was that Sandy never brought a dress out that was above the budget I set (other places I had been to, they would bring dresses out that were $500+ more than what I told them I wanted..). At one point she mentioned that she had a dress that she thought fit the description of what I was looking for but she asked multiple times if I wanted to see it or not and made absolutely sure I was okay with it before bringing it out. I found the respect for a bride’s budget to be a definite strong point for this shop. I would highly recommend looking for your wedding dress here!! Overall a fantastic experience!!

Profile Picture KAITLYN, 12/31/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My first dress appointment was with Bliss Bridal and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Each member of the staff was very attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. When I arrived with my 4 person entourage, I was given 10 cardboard hearts to put on the hangers of dresses I wanted to try. After trying on the 10 dresses, Sandy took my feedback and started picking dresses that fit my preferences. By the end of the appointment I had found dresses that were unlike anything on my Pinterest board! Although I found my dream dress at another shop, I know my mother, grandmother, and future mother-in-law will be back to get their dresses from Bliss. They were a joy to work with!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Bliss Bridal was not my first stop, but it was certainly my last. I tried on tons of dresses, but the 1st one I tried up ended up being the dress of my dreams. Everyone at Bliss is amazing. They go above and beyond to work with you and help you. I never felt rushed or that I was being a bother. I would ask to try dresses on multiple times and they had no problem. They truly understand the stresses of choosing a wedding gown. Everything went smoothly from beginning to end. We also did all the guy's tuxedos through Bliss and it was so easy and very reasonably priced compared to some chain stores. And let me tell you the tux's looked amazing, great quality. I couldn't be happier with this place, you cannot go wrong with Bliss!

Profile Picture Monica, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

We had a great experience at Bliss Bridal. Sandy, Jess, and everyone else were very friendly and helpful, and made my mother and me feel very welcome. The shop is cozy and relaxing, and the process was very simple and straightforward – you get to look through the dresses yourself first and choose a few to try, then as you narrow down your ideas your consultant brings you others in a similar style to look at. The prices are clearly marked, so there is no awkwardness. We never felt rushed or pressured to buy, and I made my decision during my second appointment. My dress and veil were beautiful, they came in on time (in fact, earlier than estimated), the alterations were done on time, everything happened without a hitch. My mom was so pleased that she decided to get her dress here too. The only thing I might have done differently was to look into other options for alterations, to get a better sense of the usual pricing; however, it was very convenient to have everything done in one place. I’m very happy that we went with Bliss!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Mother of Bride, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only, Preservation, Trunk Shows

My bridesmaids and I had a great experience at Bliss Bridal. I accidentally booked a bridal appointment instead of bridesmaids, but they just rolled with it and were able to accommodate us. Our rep was amazing - so helpful, honest with advice and really listened to what we wanted. She helped us find a line of dresses that looked great on everyone. The dresses came in ahead of schedule! Customer service is A+. My only wish is that they offered bridesmaid tailoring on site so that my girls could all have gone there and had the same level of service they got when buying their dresses.

Profile Picture Brenna, 9/17/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Appts. Only, Bridesmaids

Bliss Bridal is fantastic! It is family owned and has a great selection of wedding dresses. When you first walk in the staff is so excited to have you there. After you and your bridesmaids are settled you are allowed to shop the floor and put tags on every dress you want to try on. Your bridesmaids are also allowed to make selections for what they want to see you in too! After you try on all the initial picks the staff listens to what you like or didn't like about the dresses and then they make their own selections. I found the perfect dress here and the seamstress Blanca did an amazing job on my alterations! My mom and my bridesmaids got their dresses here as well and loved them. Every appointment was wonderful and you always feel good when you leave here.

Profile Picture Mackenzie, 6/25/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had the absolute best experience at Bliss Bridal. The staff made me feel welcomed from the moment I stepped through the door. and made me feel like I was the only person in the store. I never felt pressured to purchase a dress or rushed to finish my appointment. The prices were incredible for the designs they had to offer and were ready with answers to any questions I had. I went to several stores before Bliss and couldn't believe the difference in my experience. I wish I had just gone there from the start!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Bliss Bridal is amazing! Jess and her mother are wonderful to work with and will help you find exactly what you’re looking for! I went here to find my bridesmaid’s dresses with my girls, and we had such an easy time finding just what we were looking for. As a bridal party, several of us have tried on dresses here (bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses, and mother of the bride dresses), and it has been a wonderful experience every time. You won’t be disappointed working with Bliss!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/4/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids, Appts. Only

I could not have been more pleased with Bliss Bridal! They made the magic of finding your wedding dress personal and the staff felt like family or friends. They were very responsive no matter what questions you had and the dresses were gorgeous! I got my bridal gown as well as my bridesmaid dresses at the salon and the experience was beyond amazing! Thank you again Bliss for making my dreams come true!

Profile Picture Laura , 5/22/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Alterations

Jessica and her mother are by far the most helpful, considerate, sweet and caring people I know. You WILL NOT leave without having a HUGE smile on your face knowing that you picked the BEST bridal store in CT to work with. Jess has been there for me since day one. I email her questions about anything and she gives you her true honest opinion. She is very knowledgeable and will do ANYTHING to make you happy and satisfied. I always can't wait for my appointments, we have a BLAST! lol even my bridesmaids ask her questions for their wedding day!! I really can keep going on and on about how amazing Jess is...lets just say, you will ABSOLUTELY have an amazing experience with this shop...I am half way through to my wedding day and I cannot wait for what's ahead for us :) love you Jess!! (I'm STILLL crying writing this haha) xoxox

Profile Picture Marissa, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had my dress altered by Lee at Bliss Bridal and it turned out perfectly! She is so professional and talented I couldn't imagine trusting anyone else!

Profile Picture User3888867, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I LOVED my experience at Bliss Bridal! When I went in for my first appointment I probably tried on 20 dresses and was there for almost three hours but I received nothing but the best care and service from the ladies at Bliss. I not only never felt rushed, I felt like they were as excited by the process as I was and eager to find me the perfect dress. You get cute heart shaped tags to put on all of the dresses you want to try on and free reign of the space to tag as you please. The selection is great without being overwhelming. Then you get the one on one attention of trying dresses on and their help in the process. Once you make a purchase you get a cute wedding dress cookie. They also don't pressure you at all to make a purchase. I was on the fence about a dress and they actually encouraged by them to go to other stores, try on other dresses, and I could always come back if this dress was still in my mind. I felt like they cared more about me than the sale. Their space is welcoming and adorable and they have complimentary treats and coffee/tea. They really make you feel special. I cannot rave about the experience enough. The price range is about $1100 to $5000 with most options in the $1500-$2500 range. So they aren't outrageously expensive, nor are they as cheap as dresses at say David's bridal, but you immediately feel the difference in these high quality gowns. You will not be disappointed at Bliss Bridal!

Profile Picture Trisha, 11/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had an absolute fantastic experience each and every time I went to Bliss Bridal. Everyone who works there is very friendly and they just want to make sure you are satisfied with your experience and purchase/s. With the help of Jess, I bought my dress during my first visit! Jess has great energy and was sweetly honest about the way dresses looked on me, but she was very mindful to never influence my decision.
Joyce, the tailor, was easy to work with and she did a fantastic job!!

I love my dress :) I highly recommend this place, it was an awesome experience!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Mother of Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Preservation, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos, Veils

I had so much fun shopping for my wedding dress at Bliss Bridal! Jessica and Sandy made the experience so personal. I was there with my mom and 3 of my bridesmaids on a Sunday afternoon, and I tried on SO many dresses! I had such a great time with my girls picking out dresses I would try on, and I also loved the dresses they were pulling for me. Sandy really listened to my thoughts on what I did and did not like about dresses I would try on, and pulled more based on that. I found the dress of my dreams here, and got so many compliments at the wedding! Wearing the perfect dress from Bliss Bridal made my wedding day that much more special.

Profile Picture Julie, 10/11/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns

I found my dream dress at another boutique, ordered it, paid for it, and several weeks later was told the designer was no longer making the dress...

I was so sad to start the process all over again but someone suggested Bliss. I had an appointment all to myself, the staff made me feel at home and very comfortable. After narrowing my favorites down to 5, I had my MIL come in and she gave her two cents on both the dress and the veil and we ordered them right there.

Any questions or phone calls were returned timely, the employees are bubbly and sweet and helpful. My first fitting when the dress first came in was fine (where I confirmed again the exact veil I wanted because they didn't have record of me confirming the veil), as was the second fitting to have the dress taken in, etc. The last fitting was great, the dress was finally fit to me and the seamstress is great.

As much as I hate to say anything bad, I also have to be honest... the day I went to get my dress, the day before my wedding, I was told while picking it up that they had no record of the veil and none was ordered... they ended up finding a similar veil, but I was still a little upset as it was not the one I originally wanted.

Besides that, the staff were great, the selection is amazing, and they have sizes that actually fit real people (like 8-12 M/L) so when you are trying on the dresses you don't feel like a huge sausage... which is nice. Overall, I loved them and would suggest them.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Father of Groom, Flower Girls, Groom, Groomsmen, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation, Trunk Shows, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos, Veils

I visited Bliss Bridal back in Nov with my bridesmaids, my mother and future mother in law. The boutique was beauiful with a great selection of gorgeous wedding gowns and also offered that warm charm that makes you feel at ease.

Jessica was impeccable! She was very sweet, friendly, and patient. She asked a lot of questions to get to know me, my venue, and the way I envisioned my wedding day. The layout, even in the small shop, is such that you feel quite private with your group and you don't feel like you are competing for space.What I absolutely loved most was that Jessica was very attentive and showed me dresses that I had picked out and then as I told her what I loved and didn't love so much about each dress she listened and brought a new one that narrowed down what I was looking for. She was never pushy and only encouraged me to be super honest with her. She truly only cared about me finding the dress of my dreams. I felt like she was on my side the entire time and she really helped ease my nerves.I tried on about 6 different dresses and was able to narrow it down to 1.
This second appointment was no different, and Jessica still made me feel special in every way. She placed both dresses next to each other so I could see what I loved about each dress and explained any options I had to alter which ever dress I picked so that I could have everything I wanted.
I found exactly what I was looking for and I was able to say yes to the dress! I never thought I would say this, but I truly felt like the most beautiful bride, and I can not wait to wear my dress!
Fast forward a few months out from our wedding. I went for another appointment where they helped me find a beautiful veil and accesories to pair with my dress. Joyce in alterations was so wonderful. She truly is a master at her craft. Everything from bridesmaids to my dress was perfect and I could not have asked for a better experience in this part of the wedding planning process!

Profile Picture Raquel, 9/26/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The BEST bridal shop! Could not have asked for better service and attentiveness! They went above and beyond to create my wedding dress, making it a true one-of-a-kind! They're extremely flexible and didn't mind when I brought 3 children in with me! They're amazing and want you to feel the same way!

Profile Picture User4605419, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I couldn't have had a better experience with Bliss Bridal. I came to the shop feeling very frustrated that I hadn't yet found my dress after trying on dozens. The ladies there took me in and helped me find my dream dress-something I didn't think would happen. They couldn't have been more wonderful throughout the process. Even for someone as detail oriented as me-I was impressed. Also their in house seamstress is AMAZING. So affordable and she made everything perfect.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Alterations, Preservation, Bride

I bought my wedding dress from Bliss. The staff was amazing! They were very friendly, helpful and not pushy at all! I did not feel any pressure when I was trying on dresses. The staff was honest and helped me find the prefect dress. They also kept everything in house - the alterations were done and I was able to store by dress there until the day before the wedding with no extra charge.

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Amazing!!!! Make sure to add this shop to your list when you start searching for your dress. These ladies know their stuff and they are so attentive, easy and fun to work with. I found my dress here and from the first day I came in to browse to my final fitting, I cannot say enough praises for this shop and the staff. They made the experience of finding your dress everything you would hope for and more and I couldn't be happier with how everything went and how beautiful I felt in my dress! I highly recommend the ladies of Bliss Bridal!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The dress I ordered was from a designer they just started carrying and the dress itself was tough to alter but by the time they were done, it fit me like a glove!

Profile Picture User4893165, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Bliss Bridal is the place to go hands down! Jessica and her mother are amazing!! I went to Kleinfeld because I always imagined I would buy my dress from there, but no way! I went to Bliss Bridal and as soon as I walked into the door, Jessica greeted my mother and I and I felt right at home. They're helpful and patient and even when I second guessed the dress I chose, she fit me into the schedule to try on other gowns. Jessica gave me great advice and is wonderful at what she does! Thank you Ladies for a great experience!

Profile Picture User702281, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I found Bliss Bridal on the Justin Alexander website, I was in a little bit of a different situation as I had found my dress at another store in England, but needed to buy it in the US as I was moving to CT. I didn't get the full experience searching for a dress at Bliss, but they helped me every step of the way! Of all the bridal stores I emailed to find out if they stocked my dress, Jessica and Sandy were the first and most friendly to respond! They gave me upfront pricing and we set up a time when I was over in the US to come and try the dress on.

Jessica was so friendly! She really helped me out, especially when the dress arrived and I was still stuck in the UK and when our band backed out last minute, she gave me multiple suggestions. I tried on the dress multiple times and their new location is just perfect with a lot more space. They took care of all of the alterations and pressed the dress before the wedding day, I picked it up a couple days before. I would highly recommend for any future brides, you're in for such a lovely experience!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/24/15, 9 Reviews