Blind Box BBQ Reviews

2 | Shawnee, KS

2 Reviews for Blind Box BBQ

Lindsey · Married on 05/18/2019

Above and Beyond!

My husband, Mike and I got married last weekend and used Blind Box to cater our reception. We were blown away by their attentiveness, friendly, smiling faces and of course, the food. We asked them to just bus the tables, scrape the plates off and put them in bins we supplied but they did so much more than that. Kemer was great from the first day we met him through our actual wedding. Gina and Sophia went above and beyond making sure that we were taken care of and that our guests were happy. Our bartender was also amazing, very personable and greeted everyone with a welcoming grin. We've loved going to the restaurant but will definitely be recommending them for other events as well. Thank you so much for making our wedding day even more memorable!

Mike and Lindsey S.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/30/2016

If you are even thinking about having BBQ for your wedding, you've come to the right place! I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant!!! We first found Blind Box BBQ through an article on Facebook that mentioned a new up-and-coming BBQ restaurant opening up in Shawnee (to our luck within a 10 minute drive from our house!). My now husband and I went there one evening for dinner, and on a whim I noticed on the back of their menu it said they do catering. I then asked our server if we could talk to someone about their catering, and it all started from there. We came in a few weeks later for a tasting to figure out what we would want to serve at our wedding. We were completely blown away with what they had prepared for us, and their attention to detail was amazing. My husband and I were definitely impressed after the tasting we did, and even though they had not done a wedding at the time we started talking and working with them & felt so comfortable with them. Fast forward to the wedding week. they came out to the site to check out the venue as they had not been there before, and made sure they knew where everything was and what needed to get set up where. The next day, they were so good about getting things done, and making sure to have the Nacho Bar set up first, while getting the dinner items prepped and ready to go soon after. My husband and I were SO excited about the Nacho Bar, and I still am getting so many of our guests talking about how AH-MAZING it was! Then for dinner we did their pulled pork and 1/2 chickens, along with their bourbon baked beans, cheesy corn bake, and sweet potato fries. Everything was soooo delicious, and all of our guests raved about the food! They even were able to come up with a great tasting vegetarian dish for my veggie friends and family members. :) As two people who LOVE BBQ, this place puts their money where their mouth is. They not just good, they're great, & really great to work with on your big day!!

Sent on 10/24/2016