Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC Reviews

75 Reviews for Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 1
Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 2

Katelyn · Married on 10/25/2014

Amazing!! We danced the night away and everyone had a great time! Very professional and did everything I asked!!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Alix · Married on 10/04/2014

The DJ was very attentive and responsive to everything we needed. He even made a last minute day of the wedding change for us with zero problems. All of our guests enjoyed the music and atmosphere he created. He made our music and DJ selection stress free!

Sent on 01/17/2015
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 08/16/2014

Eric was very kind and accommodating. His system sounded great! He played all my requests and kept the guests dancing! He even gave us a complimentary GOBO light with our names! He helped make our wedding day awesome!

Sent on 08/23/2014

An excellent DJ service!! Would hire them again for any event!!!

Sent on 01/24/2015

Gina · Married on 06/14/2014

Eric was a WONDERFUL DJ. He spent extra time with us and basically catered to us for the entire evening. He had everything exactly the way we wanted it, he took requests from guests, he even danced with us and the guests, which was great! You could hear him, he got the guests interested and knew how to get everyone having a good time! I can't say enough great things about him! He worked all night, I didn't see him take a break once! He just did wonderful and our wedding would not have been so great with out him! I would highly recomend Eric Blackwell to anyone looking to have a great time and wants to be catered to! He was great!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Hannah · Married on 05/24/2014

It was such a pleasure to work with Eric. Aside from being very professional, easy to work with, and very quick to respond to questions via email and phone, Eric took the time to personalize every detail including song requests, introductions, and announcements. He made the event flow smoothly, and got our guests dancing throughout the night. We couldn't be happier with his services!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Hannah · Married on 05/24/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Eric. Not only did he work to make every little detail of our lighting and playlist perfect, he went above and beyond on our special day. Eric is a profession. He was always available to answer our questions and made the planning process simple. I highly recommend his services. His services were worth well beyond what we paid.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Katie · Married on 05/10/2014

Eric was very helpful and easy to get a hold of. He kept are wedding going the entire night. He did a fantastic job with my special father daughter dance I asked him to put together for me! Can't say enough wonderful things about him or his service

Sent on 01/24/2015
  • Smoothcello007

Martania · Married on 04/03/2014

My husband and I had Blackwell Soundz for our wedding on April 3, 2014. Eric was awesome!! He interacted with everyone to make the party fun for everyone. He played a variety of music from our pre-selected playlist and allowed guests to participate by submitting songs. We absolutely loved working with Eric! Very professional, very responsive, and not to mention GREAT prices!! Thank you for a great day. All the guests complimented us on our choice for a DJ. We would definitely use you again!!

Sent on 04/08/2014
  • Goodluckbear

Goodluckbear · Married on 09/15/2012

Eric is the coolest DJ ever! Professional, prompt and courteous!! Awesome guy!!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Genea · Married on 08/17/2012

I had a wonderful experience working with Eric from Blackwell Soundz. He truly blessed me with his level of profesionalism and attentiveness. He was always available via email or phone to discuss the plans for the reception. He also offered great suggestions. Eric also took the time to learn the names of the wedding party as to be able to pronounce them correctly during the introductions. He was available for changes up to even the day of the wedding.

The reception was done beautifully. The atmosphere was just what we wanted. All the music we wanted to have played was played. Our guests never left the dance floor even with "clean" music being played. It was great. Eric even made up a dance to show the guests in which they were all fully engaged!

Overall, Eric was a pleasure to work with, and I would definitely recommend Blackwell Soundz to anyone.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2012

Our wedding was this past weekend and Eric made our reception so much fun! He was instrumental in finding the song for our first dance, played great music that wasn't too loud for guests who didn't dance and was very professional. For those of us who did dance, we had a blast! I would recommend Blackwell Soundz to anyone in need of an excellent, affordable and fun DJ. You will not regret it!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Eric was great, he made sure we were in constant communication throughout all the planning. He was reachable via text, E-mail, phone or regular mail. During the wedding he was energetic, fun, & every one of our guests loved him. He answered any questions the children had there and even let them spin music when they wanted to learn how to be a DJ.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Aisha · Married on 08/27/2011

Eric was fantastic! He is a professional, flexible, accommodating, and seasoned photographer!! The manner in which he interacted with my 2 sons while taking their photos was so nice and welcoming! All of the photos taken were beautiful and he even sent me a flash drive of all of my chosen photos!! I definitely plan to use his services in the future and would highly recommend him to anyone needing photography services. Thanks so much Eric!!!

Sent on 08/18/2018

Kellsey · Married on 06/17/2016

DJ Eric was an amazing DJ!! He was very responsive to all of my questions and willing to give us any suggestions on music for the ceremony and reception. He also made sure our pastor was hearable during the ceremony by providing microphones. He hyped up the crowd to get some dancing going (it was a morning wedding, with little to no alcohol, haha).Blackwell sounds was a valuable addition to our wedding. I couldn't have imagined having any other DJ.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Eric and Warren were professional from the first phone call. They always got back to us when they said they would. Eric did a great job DJing our wedding. He was great at getting it all running smoothly and getting everyone to participate. We would definately use their services again!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Josh · Married on 09/03/2017

Blackwell soundz were Great! They communicated with us well, were early to our wedding, and came prepared with our song list. They played a very well mix of music due to our diverse guests! My wife and I definitely recommend these guys! Thanks again Eric!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Kristin · Married on 05/28/2016

DJ Eric did an exceptional job. Very calm and collected and really made our day fun! Second time I have heard him at a wedding. Definitely a strong recommendation.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Phillip · Married on 10/21/2017

Mr. Blackwell was very accommodating and made this experience nice and easy. Also, Randy was a good DJ.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Congratulations to a wonderful couple and family. Glad we were a part of your special day!

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2017

Our wedding was anything but traditional, and Eric rolled with everything we threw at him, including adding ceremony music at the last minute and tons of crazy requests. His website and customer forms made getting information to him extremely easy.

Sent on 07/11/2017

4.2

Vendor was prompt and polite. Vendor played pre approved music and kept the dancing going all through the event. We would recommend this vendor for any couples wedding.

Sent on 02/22/2015
  • Josh & Abby

Abby · Married on 06/25/2016

3.5

Eric was a great DJ - he's very kind and easy going, and was able to play the kind of music we requested. We are big dancers and so it was important that our guests had a good time and there was good variety - all of which was achieved! We would have loved to dance longer and maybe have our speeches start a bit earlier to accomplish this, but that was a lack of communication on our part.

We got a lot of compliments on Eric himself, how fun and involved he was - he even came and danced with me during the reception! He was also helpful in providing some additional things like mics for the pastor, and music for our ceremony in addition to running the reception - it all worked out great!

The only "negative" thing I would say, would be that we did ask him to come to our rehearsal on Friday to practice the music with our bridal party and he was pretty late with no explanation so we didn't get to practice with music- however, everything worked out on the day of and again, that was probably a lack of communication on our part as well.

Overall, no complaints - we were nervous about hiring a DJ we'd never met or worked with, but it turned out great and I'm happy we worked with Eric. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone that loves dancing and needs a good MC :)

Thank you Eric!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the review and for allowing me to be a part of your wonderful day. Great people, great families coming together. My apologies regarding the ceremony rehearsal, wasn't feeling well. I wish you and Josh the very best. It was simply beautiful. One I will remember.

3.6
      2.5
      3.5

Based on the very positive reviews we read, we hired Eric Blackwell as our dj for our wedding this past year. Overall, Eric was very nice and responsive to calls and emails. He was not difficult to work with. I am writing this review to offer some warning though-- at our wedding Eric was a very low energy dj. We were looking for a dj that was much more interactive and lively and that just wasn't Eric's speed. It may be an issue of match, however, we were not very happy with the services we received. For example, he played several songs we expressly asked him(several times) not to play and did not play songs we asked him to play. If you want a very energetic dj, you might want to look else where. Eric is very nice and his prices our reasonable but you may just want to consider the match between you and him, based on our experience.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I encourage all and any types of reviews however. I operate strictly on request of the bride and groom. I provide a song playlist form that details exactly the songs chosen by the couples and I ask for a do not play list. if the information is not provided to me before the wedding (which I call Monday & Thursday before the wedding day) then there is no way for me to know what the preferred song selections are. I do agree with choosing a DJ that matches your personality. In my experience couples do not want someone who will draw attention to themselves (I've have had that in the contract). Again, these details need to be discussed in advance. I encourage in the future to have great dialogue BEFORE your event or even before your event is booked so there is clear understanding. It is my belief never to assume someone want you out on the dance floor. For some it is great for others it is annoying. We utilize wireless internet for the sole purpose of playing any song requested. Communication is the key as well as providing in great detail what is expected. Respectfully Blackwell Soundz

3.0
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

-Never met me in person before my wedding
    -said he would call me the Monday before my wedding and he never did...I had to try to reach him
    -I already made a playlist of songs I wanted to be played during my reception and he said he would figure out how to share playlists on iTunes...never did...so I never got to select ANY of my reception music besides the first dance songs
    -During the grand entrance of the bride and groom, he got the GROOM'S name wrong...huge mistake
    -asked him to be energetic and get the crowd excited...he did for like 5 minutes in the beginning and that was it
    -overall, very nice guy, just did not meet my expectations

Sent on 02/19/2015

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Without knowing who the bride is I cannot verify the services provided. I can say, that we subcontract services to independent vendors. It seems that the opinions shared by this bride appear to be that of another DJ. I would like to confirm if the DJ was DJ Craig. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee the quality of services provided by subcontracted vendors. With that being said no one deserves to have that level of service on their wedding day. My sincere apologies. I invite this bride to contact me concerning this matter. After reviewing this I realized I do not use I Tunes at all so this must have been another DJ.

0.0

Erias provided the absolute worst DJ services ever! I am truly disgusted, frustrated, and annoyed that my guests, family, and husband and I had to deal with such a nasty individual and poor services on our wedding day. When I think about our wedding day, EVERYTHING was perfect, except the DJ services provided by Erias.
    •arrived late and was slow setting up
    •The wedding ceremony was delayed because Erias was not ready
    •At the end of the ceremony, Erias played two very inappropriate songs for a wedding: Don't Let Go by En Vogue and Free Yourself by Fantasia. I told my maid of honor to tell him to cut Free Yourself immediately and she was greeted with an attitude. I was livid to hear Free Yourself being played RIGHT after we got married! It was very poor choice in selection.
    •The first dances were RUINED!!!! Again, I was livid when there were issues with our first dance songs! ​We had two first dances. At first the songs were overlapping. Then there was an awkward silence while my husband and I are standing in the center of the room while Erias and his assistant fumble with 3 laptops trying to figure out how to play the songs correctly. Erias was given the list of songs far in advance and should not have had any issues with our first dances. This is such a memorable part of the day and it was completely ruined by Erias, an incompetent "DJ".
    •Erias was completely unapologetic when I expressed my feelings about him messing up our first dances.
    •My husband and I did a lipsync to Int'l Players Anthem and I specifically asked for the edited version of the song. Needless to say, Erias did not play the edited version of the track. I was embarrassed as my parents who are Pastors, our officiates, and grandparents were in the room. There is a video of me with my head in my hands in embarrassment.

After voicing our complaints, Eric, the owner, was professional and sympathetic to our situation by offering compensation for our services.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

We take every review seriously. This situation was difficult because this couple was not provided with the services that represents our company. This particular DJ no longer gets referrals from us. Although contractually, we are under no obligation for any type of a refund I felt that in this situation it was warranted. Blackwell Soundz will look at it's policy regarding referring DJ's for any events. We have begun to build a management team to quickly address the concerns of our customers to maintain the reputation we have built. As the owner of this business no on works harder than I do to make sure my customers have the best experience possible. I am proud of the reviews I have gotten over time and will continue to work diligently to maintain that level of service. I sincerely apologize for the actions of that DJ, and as a result I was willing to provide some type of compensation to this couple.